• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I missing about it though? I only played the deck once but he popped out turn one, I got one damage from him and that's it pretty much. Are there better synergies that can happen?

He gives you the best opener in the game possible right now. And at no cost to you or your deck. The 1/1 charge is an extremely relevant body on the board and you pay literally nothing for it.

Acerac

Banned
Whenever somebody rage adds me after a game I give it a couple days to air out then let the add go through. Usually they just delete me or forget about it and leave me on their list, but today somebody who had been added a week or so ago randomly asked me "What?" to which I told him that he had added me. Poor guy silently removed me afterwards, was a good laugh.

scarlet

Whenever somebody rage adds me after a game I give it a couple days to air out then let the add go through. Usually they just delete me or forget about it and leave me on their list, but today somebody who had been added a week or so ago randomly asked me "What?" to which I told him that he had added me. Poor guy silently removed me afterwards, was a good laugh.

Exact thing has happened to me too.

I know BRM gonna out in 3-4 months, but I don't mind playing dragon priest in that time.

I could dust their legendaries for better cards

Hopefully it's really legit deck, gonna buy Karazhan first.

Anyone got some suggestions for the renolock list I posted last page? I think I am going to cut sense demons for kabal courier, since after all it's a battlecry and sense demons was under performing. I kinda want to craft that unlicensed apothecary, was watching reynad use it and I think it's solid.

Anyone got some suggestions for the renolock list I posted last page? I think I am going to cut sense demons for kabal courier, since after all it's a battlecry and sense demons was under performing. I kinda want to craft that unlicensed apothecary, was watching reynad use it and I think it's solid.

I run mountain giant in my renolock
Maybe a demon wrath?

Also I run the Leroy / faceless combo

I just added someone because their card back looked really cool and I wanted to ask where it was from. No rage, new friend. Rare occurrence, lol.

I hardly ever add someone though.

When I receive an add request, I assume the worst. Although occasionally I am wrong.

patchday

u try Krul he any good?

I run mountain giant in my renolock
Maybe a demon wrath?

Also I run the Leroy / faceless combo

I guess I could see mountain giant being good in this meta. Much less pirate warriors today compared to yesterday, at least at my rank. Whenever I get around 8-9 I run into a ton of them though.

u try Krul he any good?

I think krul is bad and there aren't enough demons worth running in renolock.

scarlet

Why toxic sewer ooze?

Okay so you guys joke about rogue but once the reno lock and reno priest overlords come knocking on your doors, you're going to want a deck that can hard counter it. And maybe that is rogue :D

I also think the reno decks will rise above the pirate scum. They're the top meta decks imo.

Btw, this is my first shot at making a renolock deck:
ptH1t30.png

IMO, Sylvannas and Twisting Nether are "must" cards. Sylvannas + Power Overwhelming is a great combo to deny your opponent important cards like Tirion.

Demon Wrath and Toxic Sewer Ooze should be tossed. Sense Demons is also very bad.

scarlet

My guess would be that Pirate Warrior's Weapons are usually at just 1 durability (And even knicking 1 durability is good), and its a better drop than Swamp Ooze if the opponent doesn't run weapons.

I'd replace it with Harrison Jones.

Better stats and draw.

Why toxic sewer ooze?

My guess would be that Pirate Warrior's Weapons are usually at just 1 durability (And even knicking 1 durability is good), and its a better drop than Swamp Ooze if the opponent doesn't run weapons.

Basically it's a second weapon hate card plus it lines up well with frothing and a lot of 4 health minions to either hit into or shadowflame.

It's usually just as good against arcanite reaper and acidic ooze I try to hit whatever weapon they have and hope they have no follow up.

IMO, Sylvannas and Twisting Nether are "must" cards. Sylvannas + Power Overwhelming is a great combo to deny your opponent important cards like Tirion.

Demon Wrath and Toxic Sewer Ooze should be tossed. Sense Demons is also very bad.

Demon wrath has been pretty good so far. So has toxic sewer ooze. I cut sense demons for kabal courier and I've only used it once so I am not sure if it's worth it. But you can get a second kazakus off it and it does synergize with brann. Might not be worth the stat loss though.

I think I will add twisting nether but sylvanas is a maybe at this point. Depends on what I may cut for it. Maybe kabal courier.

I may cut demon wrath, although it hasn't been bad it could be better. But I think toxic swamp ooze has been quite solid.

I think I will add twisting nether but sylvanas is a maybe at this point. Depends on what I may cut for it. Maybe kabal courier.
Sylvannas is best for control mirrors. For example, when I played thepotatoman's Crusher Shaman earlier I used it to steal his White Eyes with resurrect on it so I got two 5/5 taunts that put 10/10 taunts into my deck. I still lost in the end, but without the Sylvannas combo I would have had no chance at all.

patchday

just crafted Leeroy so I can fully evaluate pirate rogue. this should be my last craft for quite awhile

I didnt think Leeroy was meta so never burned dust on him but keep seeing him in decks I want to try lately

patchday

swamp ooze would be devasting to a pirate warrior if thats a concern. Hobart + bloodsail cultist gives their axes mad presence. you dont wont that hitting you even once if you can avoid it.

like a buffed arcanite reaper

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I have been running Ooze in my Dragon Priest (not Reno) and it is doing excellent work. Even just getting their FWA that has been buffed up or w/e is great. Make them waste that Upgrade and Cultist then swoop in and blow up that weapon.

I can't find a deck I like to play yet.
My crafting list is too big for my wallet. I REALLY want to make Reno Shadowpriest work, but I need to craft 3 or 4 legendaries for it. :(

I also feel like I should craft White Eyes for Crusher Shaman.

Kakazus seems like the closest thing to a "must" at this point, but I want to give the meta 1 month before blowing my 3200 dust.

Dog just pulled off a sick aviana kun combo

I like Jade druid and Reno lock.

Want to try Reno priest but don't have a good big dragon. Is nefarian a good sub for ysera

Levi

Banned
I played 75 games in the last 24 hours.

Twelve were against Warrior.

Hmm.

I got to rank 13 with renolock but lost to a bunch of warriors and started switching decks, I should have just stuck with it.

I tanked like 3 ranks playing a really low curve Dragon Priest deck that aimed to beat Pirate Warrior and all I saw was super greedy control decks.

I tried Pirate Warrior and Taunt Warrior, neither worked.

Then I tried to learn Jade Druid and goddamn I hate that deck. I am really bad at drawing ramp or card draw. Dropped two more ranks trying to make Jade Druid work. I fucking lost to aggro Murloc Paladin and an Astral Communion Druid who played a turn two Ragnaros among others.

I did really well the month after Old Gods launched, but this new meta is eating me alive.

00e96a64c4d1a34d168026d9f2e09aa0.png

e4522cbb44d8b952e90ea118ac36fda5.png

I played 75 games in the last 24 hours.

Twelve were against Warrior.

Hmm.

I tanked like 3 ranks playing a really low curve Dragon Priest deck that aimed to beat Pirate Warrior and all I saw was super greedy control decks.

Then I tried to learn Jade Druid and goddamn I hate that deck. I am really bad at drawing ramp or card draw. Dropped two more ranks trying to make Jade Druid work. I fucking lost to aggro Murloc Paladin and an Astral Communion Druid who played a turn two Ragnaros among others.

I did really well the month after Old Gods launched, but this new meta is eating me alive.

00e96a64c4d1a34d168026d9f2e09aa0.png

e4522cbb44d8b952e90ea118ac36fda5.png

Jade druid is definitely draw dependant especially when it comes to swipe and wrath

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Okay so you guys joke about rogue but once the reno lock and reno priest overlords come knocking on your doors, you're going to want a deck that can hard counter it. And maybe that is rogue :D

I also think the reno decks will rise above the pirate scum. They're the top meta decks imo.

Btw, this is my first shot at making a renolock deck:
ptH1t30.png

I would definitely try to fit in Syl. She's really good with Shadowflame and even Blastcrystal potion.

I personally do the leeroy/PO/faceless variant but if you go that route Emperor is good with that. Though Emp is really good to hit Jaraxxus in the mirror since playing and hero powering the same turn is a big deal. Also another reason twisting nether can be so good. It can be really hard to fit everything you want though, lol.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Jade druid is miserable to play against also. I like a lot of the cards but i don't want to play against anybody ever.

Levi

Banned
Thank god I got golden druid in the combo days because I can't stand playing spell druid, Jade druid or ramp druid.

I think I'm playing egg druid in wild to complete druid quests from now on.

tylerf

Trying to play with Krul because I pulled a gold one from a pack but it just seems worse than regular Renolock.

Levi

Banned
Jade druid is miserable to play against also. I like a lot of the cards but i don't want to play against anybody ever.

The mirror is a clown Fiesta. They draw auctioneer or nourish first? Might as well concede.

Trying to play with Krul because I pulled a gold one from a pack but it just seems worse than regular Renolock.

I also got a golden Krul (and a regular one) and in this meta it's completely useless. You need Leeroy/Faceless to close out games.

Badgerst3

Savjz just reached rank 1 legend with Reno Dragon Priest.

And then he got like a million subs. I guess it pays to be good at HS lol.

Just dusted all I had and made this deck. Been on the dragon priest train for about a year.

Now to figure out how to use doomsayer correctly. Getting wrecked by Druid golems. I will say I am an average player. Just want to finally break rank 10 in Standard.

_DrMario_

Wow I just had 3 great games in a row at Rank 12 against a summoning stone mage, some weird Murloc buffadin with weasels and a Silence priest that managed to coin watcher turn 1 into purify.

It's actually possible to have fun in this game sometimes.

Papercuts

I have no idea why Krul even has the "no duplicates" addition. His effect for a 9 mana body isn't all that ridiculous compared to the Priest one or even standard cards like N'zoth or Varian(which are 10 but 9 is generally just as awkward/bad). Card has HUGE anti-synergy with Jaraxxus which is even weirder since he's so important to a reno deck's lategame.

But yeah, he's gonna be better in wild with cards like Mal'ganis. But then you have Voidcaller again so...eh?

Sylvannas is best for control mirrors. For example, when I played thepotatoman's Crusher Shaman earlier I used it to steal his White Eyes with resurrect on it so I got two 5/5 taunts that put 10/10 taunts into my deck. I still lost in the end, but without the Sylvannas combo I would have had no chance at all.

I ended up adding it because I really haven't seen any aggro for a while... complete opposite of yesterday but I haven't quite gotten all my ranks back as these matches take much longer.

I played a shaman earlier and my blastcrystal potion was enough. But yeah, I am really familiar with sylvanas in control matches usually on the opposite side of the punishment.

I would definitely try to fit in Syl. She's really good with Shadowflame and even Blastcrystal potion.

I personally do the leeroy/PO/faceless variant but if you go that route Emperor is good with that. Though Emp is really good to hit Jaraxxus in the mirror since playing and hero powering the same turn is a big deal. Also another reason twisting nether can be so good. It can be really hard to fit everything you want though, lol.

I'm actually changing to the leeroy/PO/faceless style at the moment since I am running into more druids than pirate warriors. Just need to fit emperor which I forgot to add but still beat a druid.

I don't even want to play combo lock but seems necessary to beat druid.

Now of course I queue into pirate warrior (beat him though lol)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If you run Leeroy+PO+Faceless combo, do you not run Jaraxxus?

Jaraxxus seems iffy in this meta.

Dead against aggro.

Super useful against control warrior but they are extinct.

Great against priest but the Leeroy package is also really good against them.

Bad against druid because they either have burst or will out value your 6/6s.

Papercuts

I ended up adding it because I really haven't seen any aggro for a while... complete opposite of yesterday but I haven't quite gotten all my ranks back as these matches take much longer.

I played a shaman earlier and my blastcrystal potion was enough. But yeah, I am really familiar with sylvanas in control matches usually on the opposite side of the punishment.

I'm actually changing to the leeroy/PO/faceless style at the moment since I am running into more druids than pirate warriors. Just need to fit emperor which I forgot to add but still beat a druid.

I don't even want to play combo lock but seems necessary to beat druid.

Now of course I queue into pirate warrior

Yeah, I'd rather not run the combo since I don't think it's as fun but it seems like a necessary evil. Even beyond Druid, Priest is actually fucking annoying now. If your Jaraxxus isn't in hand their dumb dragon can give them to him, and the combo is good against Jaraxxus in general so they kinda fall into a trap.

Here's what I have right now FWIW

WMEk8bN.png

Mostly testing the two Kabal cards, I do like having silence so if I'd cut them I'd put spellbreaker back in.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/LA5S4EC7zcnD5ReQ8rnMVe

I won this game vs rogue because he discarded his si7 agent off his stolen succubus. Also he has a sick turn that I actually could answer...

Yeah, I'd rather not run the combo since I don't think it's as fun but it seems like a necessary evil. Even beyond Druid, Priest is actually fucking annoying now. If your Jaraxxus isn't in hand their dumb dragon can give them to him, and the combo is good against Jaraxxus in general so they kinda fall into a trap.

Here's what I have right now FWIW

WMEk8bN.png

Mostly testing the two Kabal cards, I do like having silence so if I'd cut them I'd put spellbreaker back in.

I think the potion one isn't good enough. I played it in a couple other decks and I think most of the potions are just not good enough and since it's random even when you get a "good" one, it may still be worthless. I thought it would be good because I think xaril is good but all the xaril toxins are good with 1 or 2 being situationally bad.

As for jaraxxus, my problem with it so far hasn't been priest stealing it but actually setting up a board where I feel comfortable doing it. I am probably playing too safe and maybe tapping one or two times too many. With twisting nether I think it'll turn out better, but even before I was winning those match ups without any combo and relying solely on jaraxxus so I think it'll be okay either way.

Dahbomb

If you run Leeroy+PO+Faceless combo, do you not run Jaraxxus?
I always run Jaraxxus.

Works as a clutch heal in some cases. Can win in some match ups like Dragon Priest after you have stabilized. And of course against any control match up if they pop up.

The day I don't run Jaraxxus in my Warlock deck is the day I stop playing Hearthstone.

That's a good list Papercuts (very similar to my own) but I would cut one of the Kabal cards for Ragnaros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom