• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think the potion one isn't good enough. I played it in a couple other decks and I think most of the potions are just not good enough and since it's random even when you get a "good" one, it may still be worthless. I thought it would be good because I think xaril is good but all the xaril toxins are good with 1 or 2 being situationally bad.

As for jaraxxus, my problem with it so far hasn't been priest stealing it but actually setting up a board where I feel comfortable doing it. I am probably playing too safe and maybe tapping one or two times too many. With twisting nether I think it'll turn out better, but even before I was winning those match ups without any combo and relying solely on jaraxxus so I think it'll be okay either way.

Yeah she hasn't been nearly as good as the discover one for me, but I've also won game off the back off of another felfire/dragonfire and even the mass heal priest one so I'll stick it out a bit longer.

Jaraxxus is a lot easier to find a spot to play in a match with emperor I think. And if you don't get an early-ish doomsayer, nether -> doomsayer to set up empty board Jaraxxus is almost impossible for them to win against if it goes off.

Hycran

Banned
Which one is better now. Dragon priest or Reno dragon priest?

I'm loving dragon priest. Just posting again for the next page that I think rend is an auto include right now. So many targets for it and the value is so real with some of the health buffs available.

Papercuts

This is probably the time where Renolock is at its peak.

It's all downhill from here after the new Standard rotation.

Yeah, after this expansion we're about due for another few expansions filled exclusively with zoo cards. And Reno going out. RIP.

scarlet

I'm loving dragon priest. Just posting again for the next page that I think rend is an auto include right now. So many targets for it and the value is so real with some of the health buffs available.

Why Rend? I'm thinking to dust him lol

5-0 with the current list I am running of renolock. Link

So far I beat a pirate warrior, beat a goons paladin, jade idol druid (before I added emperor even, thanks kazakus for 2nd twisting nether), beat miracle jade druid (holy shit this was close, came down to a discard on his end), and most recently beat a midrange shaman who surprised me with some jade stuff but it was shit he never even got going.

Cult apothecary was MVP versus shaman. Healed for 10 and cleared his board with shadowflame. I never drew reno that match, and jaraxxus brought me back from 4 hp to a win (with leeroy/faceless to finish off).

Dahbomb

I am actually 10-0 with the Renolock.

Granted some of the matches were in casual but I climbed from rank 20 to rank 16.

But that doesn't matter because it's low ranks. I do feel that I can get to rank 5 with ease using this deck. It's just very solid all around.

I am actually 10-0 with the Renolock.

Granted some of the matches were in casual but I climbed from rank 20 to rank 16.

But that doesn't matter because it's low ranks. I do feel that I can get to rank 5 with ease using this deck. It's just very solid all around.

Well now that I am rank 9 again and once again pirate warriors back to back...

My first loss with the deck was to a pirate warrior. The shitty thing is I was so close to winning. 1 more turn til reno. Couldn't get to turn 6 even with a turn 5 board clear off kazakus (didn't get the armor option, but the draw option got me to reno). Shitty part is he top decked heroic strike, instead of some shitty pirate.

It's a winnable match up but... it's still pretty shitty coinflip. I won the next one. Second rate bruiser turn 3 both times (amazing card).

e: third pirate warrior in a row...

e2: so now I am 3-1 vs pirate warrior, 3 back to back.... 7-1 total.

Hycran

Banned
Why Rend? I'm thinking to dust him lol

Because the addition of drakonid operative and dragonfire potion helps to extend games longer, which makes it more likely for rend to get value. A lot of people are running reno versions of decks which means lots of random legendaries, while others are running the triple class legendaries, further targets, and people are running the reliable legendaries like rag, tirion etc.

I don't even have the 7 mana dragon legendary, but i dont really miss it at this point in time.

gutshot

Well that was the easiest climb to rank 5 I've had yet. Turns out Pirate Dragon Warrior is pretty good in a very aggressive meta. Tracker says a 75% win rate but it wasn't working for the first day of my climb and I won a bunch of games that day. It was probably closer to 80% tbh.

Might even try for Legend this month. Although I'm guessing that I'll hit a wall at some point and then just decide to mess around instead.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why is crafting unavailable? It doesn't let me craft anything.

KuroNeeko

If you run Leeroy+PO+Faceless combo, do you not run Jaraxxus?

My (limited) understanding is that Reno either seeks to win with the combo or Jar-jar. Pre-MSG, I don't believe I've seen a list with both.

My impression, at least this early in the new meta, Jar is gonna be too slow against all the aggro out there. I really haven't played enough (or have enough of the new cards) to judge though. If Priest, especially Control, starts thriving though, then I can see Leeroy working against Con. Priest, but not Dragon (which seems to be the stronger arch-type right now).

Levi

Banned
I switched back to Renolock and I've been winning games again. :X

Had a fun match against a Reno Mage, although I felt sorry for them since they play Medivh in a meta where everyone runs weapon removal. Getting Ooze value when you don't expect to, kreygasm.

My list is fairly standard, I think.

qpjA8qd.png

Why is crafting unavailable? It doesn't let me craft anything.

Apparently there's been issues tonight with DDOSes, maybe it's related. Shut down your client and relog, see if that fixes it.

vaderise

I opened my second Golden Kun in 2 days. Funny thing is i opened a pack for each day.
RNG Gods are finally answering my calls.
wl6PLbn.jpg

I have to say I am having the most fun in the worst meta in recent memory. Shamanstone got boring af. And if this wasn't right after shamanstone I probably wouldn't be playing as much. It's a great set but since the entire meta is warped around pirate warrior... gotta say it's just so bad of a meta despite how much I am enjoying the game right now.

Just had an incredibly game against jade druid where my leeroy was just not showing up. Used faceless + shadowflame to demolish his board since twisting never showed up. He even uprooted his ancient. I could have survived a single more turn I think, but tapped into leeroy and finished it up. Probably lost if he healed up at all since I was pressured to use my faceless to clear.

Also, RNGstone... ragnaros... hit face with 5 minions on board? ugh.

Dahbomb

I am having a lot of fun with Renolock too even though I know stronger decks exist.

This is an excellent set if it weren't for god damn two cards.

I am having a lot of fun with Renolock too even though I know stronger decks exist.

This is an excellent set if it weren't for god damn two cards.

You're talking about patches and small buccaneer right?

How obnoxious is it to start the game with buccaneer and FWA? It even shits all over doomsayer....

vaderise

They should increase the mana cost of Jade Idol. Like make it 4 or something.Gadgetzan combo is too ridicilious. Once in late game like is no way beating Jade Druid in control match-ups.

Papercuts

Hmm...I really want to try reno priest but Raza is way too vital for the deck and I'm no sure if it's worth a craft yet.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I lost to a Cthun freeze mage and an anyfin paladin who was running vilefin inquisitor. I even managed to polymorph his only warleader and old murkeye. I'm the worst hearthstone player on the planet.

So lets see... I lost with a turn 2 4/5 taunt. Next turn I played a voidwalker off dark peddler. Turn 4 I healed my face for 3. I started turn 4 with 22 health. Turn 5 I shadowflame and mortal coil the last minion. I am at 10 health he has 2 cards at 5 mana. He has a 4/1 weapon. During the game I didn't even notice it was 4 attack and not 3 attack.

I have reno in hand so I win. Oh wait, he has mortal strike and top decked the charging 1 drop for exact lethal because his weapon is 4 attack....

TURN 2 4/5 taunt is not enough to survive to turn 6. How broken is that? It's not even like I skipped the rest of my turns. I played more taunts and healed and cleared the board...

So lets see... I lost with a turn 2 4/5 taunt. Next turn I played a voidwalker off dark peddler. Turn 4 I healed my face for 3. I started turn 4 with 22 health. Turn 5 I shadowflame and mortal coil the last minion. I am at 10 health he has 2 cards at 5 mana. He has a 4/1 weapon. During the game I didn't even notice it was 4 attack and not 3 attack.

I have reno in hand so I win. Oh wait, he has mortal strike and top decked the charging 1 drop for exact lethal because his weapon is 4 attack....

TURN 2 4/5 taunt is not enough to survive to turn 6. How broken is that? It's not even like I skipped the rest of my turns. I played more taunts and healed and cleared the board...
Pirate Warriors have an incredible ability to pull Mortal Strike at just the right moment.

Dahbomb

Because this is the game we play now.

And you are playing peak Renolock right now. Now imagine how savage it was a while back facing Face Hunters, peak Aggro Shaman and Tempo Mage with a jankier Renolock.

Yeah, it sucks. Even teching against the deck you still have to be lucky.

I put Mistress of Mixtures, Acidic Swamp Ooze, Jinyu Waterspeaker and Defender of Argus in my Shaman deck to try and secure the matchup and every single game is still ridiculously close.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The funny thing is that despite the Pirate warrior being crazy strong it is still more fun to lose to than Shaman was before.

That said, the deck definitely has weaknesses. I think toning it down is really easy, make Small Buccaneer into +1 Atk if you have a weapon instead of +2. Done. They had no business printing a card that is a 1 mana 3/2 with a coin for warrior (N'Zoth's Mate gives the weapon). Oh and Patches on top of that so you have a 3/2 and 1/1 on the board and have dealt 2 damage on turn 1 with coin. Just silly.

I wonder if Dirty Rat would help or hurt against that deck. Maybe you pull the battlecry guys and its worth it?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The funny thing is that despite the Pirate warrior being crazy strong it is still more fun to lose to than Shaman was before.

That said, the deck definitely has weaknesses. I think toning it down is really easy, make Small Buccaneer into +1 Atk if you have a weapon instead of +2. Done. They had no business printing a card that is a 1 mana 3/2 with a coin for warrior (N'Zoth's Mate gives the weapon). Oh and Patches on top of that so you have a 3/2 and 1/1 on the board and have dealt 2 damage on turn 1 with coin. Just silly.

I wonder if Dirty Rat would help or hurt against that deck. Maybe you pull the battlecry guys and its worth it?

As far as aggressive 1-drops go, I think the Cogmaster and Small-Time Buccaneer type of design is probably the best they've done in terms of making something strong without being completed busted. Much better than Mana Wyrm or Tunnel Trogg. Conditional 2/2's don't cut it so I don't favor a nerf for Small-Time Buccaneer. By itself, it isn't game breaking. More than anything I think the problem is Patches. That card makes nearly every single 1-drop pirate OP regardless of design.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with that.

I'd rather have a game that goes double digits turns with actual decision making as opposed to one where I'm threatened by lethal on turn 5.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
For all the outcries about Rogue, it seems to me like paladin got the short end of the stick this expansion. Handbuff, murloc, and simple aggro all seem fairly weak to me, while jade rogue is decent enough.

ExVicis

So I just had the most ridiculous in my favor RNG luck of my life just now in Hearthstone.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/EMiy8nYoC7bDpV2SvwLr5h

Swashburgular into an Ancient of War, pretty good

Then turn 9 Huckster into Kun the Forgotten King while I have a coin goddamn I laughed so hard I barely paid attention to the misplay I made with not N'Zothing. That Brann Jade Behemoth play would have killed me if I hadn't been holding onto that Sap

Mixed feelings about the win. I feel really pleased and bad about the win because of the misplays I ended up doing. Then he friended me to send salt my way so I stopped caring and gloated.

Dahbomb

Dirty Rat is excellent against Pirate Warrior.

But I am too scared to put it in my Renolock deck. Mostly because it might pull a massive creature like Rag that they just happen to have in their deck.

KuroNeeko

But I am too scared to put it in my Renolock deck. Mostly because it might pull a massive creature like Rag that they just happen to have in their deck.

Reno running Dirty Rat might finally even up the odds in the vs. Control Priest match
for the priest

Not sure if I agree with you on this one...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

But you could also pull Jade Spirit when you're up against some Jade Golem deck, and you'd be pretty happy about that, right?

I think it's worth trying out. Especially since most of the time people will toss away Rag in their mulligan against a warlock, expecting zoo.

Dahbomb

But you could also pull Jade Spirit when you're up against some Jade Golem deck, and you'd be pretty happy about that, right?
Against a Jade deck my win condition is trying to get the Leeroy combo and just kill them quick. Has worked well enough against Druids.

Sure getting a Rat to pull a Jade Spirit or even an Aya is nice but that alone will not win you the game.

I think it has more value in Priest or like a Control Warrior which can remove threats more easily.

The card is still amazing and worth playing especially in this meta. Seeing some pro players use it to good success already.

Real reason why I am not playing it is that I don't have it... AAAYYY LMAO!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I think it's worth trying out. Especially since most of the time people will toss away Rag in their mulligan against a warlock, expecting zoo.

I think there's any matchup where any class keeps rag in opening hand, though I guess Dirty Rat could change that if it becomes popular enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom