• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

finally get to rank 14 after tilting hard back to rank 17 with renolock, fuck if you on tilt you play so stupid

not meeting single pirate yet in these rank, I even forgot to play ooze in my deck lol

guess I had to put it again once pirate warrior start surround me

What the hell... my opponent shuffles 3 jade idols into his deck. He has half his deck left. He plays nourish and draws 2 of the 3 jades he just put in. Then top decks swipe for lethal.... wtf.

This was all the turn after he played heavy af into twisting nether. This was a done game. He was out of steam. He had to shuffle jade in to his deck and his other card happened to be nourish.

Dahbomb

I don't think Dirty Rat is even a good counter to Pirate Warrior.
Countedlr is a strong word but it's good against it. 2/6 Taunt absorbs a lot of damage and they don't play many big minions. Worst pull is like Leeroy or Korkron Elite, odds are they do thave it in hand.

It can end up absorbing a lot of damage and make them play into AOE. Usually it's just better than tapping on turn 2 against Pirates.

I've played like 8 versions of my reno lock deck tonight lol... playing 1 more win then I get 100g... then stopping...

e:
The final boss was a reno warlock running krul. I wasn't paying that close attention but I know he overdrew his power overwhelming. His krul got him 2 minions one was doomguard but it was far short of lethal. I remember being able to felfire potion and survive so the PO wouldn't have been lethal there. I just don't see the point of running that card. Maybe he got it off the new minion that adds a demon. (just checked, nope)

I'm not running dirty rat, in part because I don't have it, in second part because I am too afraid of screwing up a good thing. If you need a strong follow up to dirty rat, then it's not really that different compared to less riskier cards perhaps. Not sure what I would cut in my current list though.

I'm actually back to the non-combo list lol. Also added mountain giant. VERSION 1.7

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The mana working out perfectly for Brann -> Netherspite Historian -> Drakonid Operative is disgusting. Especially since netherspite has a higher chance to get operative.

zoukka

The mana working out perfectly for Brann -> Netherspite Historian -> Drakonid Operative is disgusting. Especially since netherspite has a higher chance to get operative.

Dragon Mirrors are basically just filled with Operatives and Historians spawning more Operatives that spawn more operatives.

Mulgrok

The easy way to beat jade druid is to run grime paladin. Since it is much faster at doing the same thing, but also burns out faster.

patchday

ugh wish I had more time to play. seemed like I had to put in work to get to rank 17. still really enjoying this meta and there's so many different decks to still try out

Leeroy immediately took my pirate rogue from a zero into a hero. Glad I crafted him and I don't have to worry bout him ever rotating out

still need to play a lot more with pirate rogue tho before I can say whether its good or not (at least a good fit for me).

FeD.nL

Finja is way stronger than I thought he would be. Using him in Paladin and he's nearly always a 4/6 or higher on turn 5. The deck is also way more fun to play then I thought it would be. Correct ordering of the hand/murloc buffs is important.

ZeroX03

Banned
Dirty Rat + Ooze should beat most Pirate Warriors. They can afford to lose a weapon or some minions, but not both.

I hit rank 8 with Pirates then got burned out and haven't played since. This is why I can never bother to go for legend.

zoukka

Dirty Rat + Ooze should beat most Pirate Warriors. They can afford to lose a weapon or some minions, but not both.

I hit rank 8 with Pirates then got burned out and haven't played since. This is why I can never bother to go for legend.

The pirate decks loses if you just play taunts and stay away from the 6 damage spell range. They have no way around that.

Like if I ramp into jade behemoths and ancient of wars they can't do anything.

ZeroX03

Banned
The pirate decks loses if you just play taunts and stay away from the 6 damage spell range. They have no way around that.

Like if I ramp into jade behemoths and ancient of wars they can't do anything.

I've had a few times where I've managed to buff a weapon's damage and durability high enough that I could just swing into the taunts to kill them while continuously hitting with Small Timers. By the time 6 and 7 rolled around they were already low enough to burst down.

zoukka

I've had a few times where I've managed to buff a weapon's damage and durability high enough that I could just swing into the taunts to kill them while continuously hitting with Small Timers. By the time 6 and 7 rolled around they were already low enough to burst down.

Yeah it can happen for sure. People should run some sort of weapon-hate in this meta, Ooze or harrison or even both. I run the 1-mana pirate that takes one durability from weapons in my pirate warrior since it has pirate synergy.

that was awesome.

Man Savjz is a godlike deck builder.

scarlet

I love dragon priest as much as I hate playing against them.

This is the first time I use priest since tutorial lol. Still need to learn.

Edit: drakonid operative is so disgusting and I love it

Edit2: mirror match is kinda hard cuz your potion basically useless. Maybe I should put holy Nova.

Interfectum

I had a dirty rat ruin my reno mage setup. I wasn't even mad. I'm liking this expansion.

question: what are they going to do with all of these 'no duplicate' builds when they remove reno? Considering how much I use him I don't see how they can keep those builds viable without.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoying seeing all the big Dirty Rat plays. Pulling Doomsayers to clear unbeatable boards, pirate warriors using it to pull reno jackson, Savjz using it to enable brann + mc tech.

Fun card.

wiibomb

hmmm, I've made several decks and I still can't make Dragon Priest and Buff Decks to work... everything seems faster than the decks I have

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Does Kun give you back the mana you got from innervate?

Nope. Just what you had before innervate.

I think that's expected because those extra mana crystals have always disappeared from the UI as soon as you use them, even though the Innervate text implies it lasts all turn.

I've had a ton of fun in Standard as Reno Mage. Kazakus is basically my end-game with Manic Soulcaster being an insane combo with Kazakus, or if need be, Reno.

My favorite 10-mana Kazakus spell seems to be the deal 8 damage plus summon 3 minions that died this game combo. It can clear a big threat and fill my board with small to mid threats which can often be enough to be insurmountable for my opponent.

cHinzo

Nope. Just what you had before innervate.

I think that's expected because those extra mana crystals have always disappeared from the UI as soon as you use them, even though the Innervate text implies it lasts all turn.
That's weird. It that suppose to happen since the text says otherwise? :/

I wasn't feeling my secret NZoth list in this wild meta anymore and went back to a stock secret list just subbing in a wickerflame for loatheb, this deck is and has always been cancer. Blessing of Kings on Wickerflame for the ultimate fuck you to Pirate Warrior.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What would you replace Patches and Leeroy with in a budget pirate warrior deck?

Maybe Abusive Sergeant and Argent Commander?

Argent Commander or Reckless Rocketeer are fine for Leeroy. Patches though, doesn't have a replacement. His utility is that he's free. It's a something for nothing card, which until now has not existed in this game. I'd recommend running something completely different instead. Maybe run a Dread Corsair (can be free with a weapon equipped, and lots of lists have cut them recently) or something wacky like brass knuckles.

Levi

Banned
I get this awesome,ant-aggro hand against a Warrior!

33592ccbcdd86a15d9a9053c0ebf9c3d.png

It was a greedy ass N'zoth Control Warrior.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
As I predicted, Wrathion isn't that great at least in Dragon Priest, funny enough it might be better in Reno Dragon Priest despite the fewer number of dragons because being a 4/6 taunt which draws a card is sorely needed in such a deck.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/5glnsj/wrathion_analysis_for_dragon_priest/

As long as pirate warrior exists I would think you would be stuffing as many reasonably useful lowish cost taunts in your deck as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom