• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

I should just quit now

0dqqyQM.gif

Your pack triggered me to open a quick 15. Got dog shit besides a dupe Patches.

Dahbomb

Even with the possibility of an insane occurrence bonus, the Jade mechanic seemed way too optimistic in arena. Not all of the jade cards are common and you have to play at least 4 jade cards for the mechanic to get good. You're just sacrificing a lot of early tempo. I think the Kabal was always going to get the most of out this expansion in arena since their cards synergized the least.
Rogues had 2 Jade Commons plus all the Jade classes had Jade Spirit which had the same occurrence for them as class cards. So Rogue essentially had 3 COMMON Jade cards that if they had an occurrence bonus of 100% you could expect to draft 4-5 of them in a deck. And Jade Golems when buffed are really powerful in Arena.

So I could definitely see where they were coming from especially for Rogue. They expected Rogue to be really high in Arena because of the Jade mechanic but I guess it's a wash now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Rogues had 2 Jade Commons plus all the Jade classes had Jade Spirit which had the same occurrence for them as class cards. So Rogue essentially had 3 COMMON Jade cards that if they had an occurrence bonus of 100% you could expect to draft 4-5 of them in a deck. And Jade Golems when buffed are really powerful in Arena.

So I could definitely see where they were coming from especially for Rogue. They expected Rogue to be really high in Arena because of the Jade mechanic but I guess it's a wash now.

But having 4-5 in a deck isn't good enough. You need to play 4-5 in an entire game for the mechanic to be good. You can only expect to get through a little over half your deck in arena.

My only disappointment with aya compared to the other triclass legends is that aya absolutely must be played in the theme decks. While kazakus doesn't require any of the mechanics of the theme, and to a lesser extent don hancho. Can just run them in any deck.

I see the same four decks on ladder at rank 12-17 in Standard: Jade Rogue, Jade Druid, Pirate Warrior, or Dragon Priest. I mean that has seriously been it over my last 10-20 games. I'm running Reno Mage so I guess that counts as a fifth. Maybe that's actually not so bad, but to me, it seems stale already, especially since Jade Rogue and Jade Druid have a lot of overlap.

Xanathus

Even with the possibility of an insane occurrence bonus, the Jade mechanic seemed way too optimistic in arena. Not all of the jade cards are common and you have to play at least 4 jade cards for the mechanic to get good. You're just sacrificing a lot of early tempo. I think the Kabal was always going to get the most of out this expansion in arena since their cards synergized the least.

I just drafted a double imp gang boss and double abyssal enforcer deck yesterday. I even got a crystalweaver to make the imp gang bosses better. 72.8 Tierscore on HearthArena but I think they underrate Abyssal Enforcer. We'll see how well it does when I get to play it.

I faced a Shaman in arena that had at least 2 Jade Claws, 4 Jade Chieftains, 3 Jade Lightnings and 1 Jade Spirit. The Jade bonus is ridiculous.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think running Wrathion assumes you cut at least 1 Azure Drake. Weren't most people keen on doing that anyway?

I have actually cut both Azure Drakes in my deck at the moment. Not sure if it's good yet, but in Reno dragon, I don't think you have a choice. You need slots. For regular, maybe you don't include Wrathion. Hard to justify that spot when you already have another Operative and Historian.

Why the hell does 5 damage + polymorph a random enemy potion transform the minion I was targeting then do no damage to it? Feels bad to lose a game to a bug.

ZealousD

Why the hell does 5 damage + polymorph a random enemy potion transform the minion I was targeting then do no damage to it? Feels bad to lose a game to a bug.

Blizzard's QA department on Hearthstone is either understaffed or terrible. Broken interactions seem to happen with every expansion. I mean, they aren't Bethesda levels of terrible, but it feels like bugs seem to affect Hearthstone more than any other Blizzard game I've played.

Ladekabel

Broke my break from Hearthstone after a day because I wanted to try stuff. Found a Netdeck Midrange Druid without the Jade crap and said farewell to my beloved tokens until someone figures something out.

In the one game I played I won against a Buffadin. Through pure luck though. Rag was smart. 25% to smorc and he did it. And he did good. My opponent topdecked Tirion which wasn't enough because I had enough burn in my hand. Sometimes one gets lucky.

FeD.nL

Drakonid operative is such a dumb card. 'See 10% of your opponents deck and pick the best card' on a premium statted card. Blizzard design philosophy at its finest.

Played 3 games with OTK Priest Combo - Sit Finley, Garrison Commander, Shadowform, Spawn of Shadows + Raza Effect.

Won 2 out of 3. The two I won resulted in angry friend request and insults. Yay.

That deck is annoying, so for once I dont blame them.

Gonna be sad when Garrison goes when TGT leaves Standard now.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The 1 mana mind potion is ridiculous against wild tempo mage.

Steal their mad scientist and run it into their apprentice.

Drakonid operative is such a dumb card. 'See 10% of your opponents deck and pick the best card' on a premium statted card. Blizzard design philosophy at its finest.

Hell, by the time you play it, you're probably seeing at least 13% of their deck. Late game you might be seeing 30%+.

ZealousD

I personally don't like the idea of banning cards in a meta that hasn't settled.

Dahbomb

I personally don't like the idea of banning cards in a meta that hasn't settled.
Too bad, it's Firebat's tournament and he's gonna do what he wants.

I guess Operatives is card that people like to see/watch

No one spam brokebacķ emote or crying broken to operative than like patches or jade druid
Drakonid Operative doesn't push out deck archetypes by itself. Patches and Jade Idol do. That's the main reasoning here. You can't play classic Control/Fatigue with Jade Idol in the meta and you can't play any deck that requires some time set up due to Patches Pirates.

ZealousD

Too bad, it's Firebat's tournament and he's gonna do what he wants.

I mean... okay. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion about it. It's not like I said he shouldn't do it or anything.

wiibomb

I don't like finger banning cards just because "I don't like them," but I guess he does whatever he wants.

I'm considering crafting patches now... is he too necessary in the pirate decks?

Levi

Banned

Well, the idea is to differentiate BatStone from its streaming competition, and Patches is over represented on Twitch at the moment. I don't think he's saying it's OP, just that he wants his tournament to be different.

fertygo

I'm gonna bite to what Dahbomb said about Jade Idol.

I'm not sure what difference about Jade Idol to card like Jaraxxus and Doomcaller.. card that ensure you always win against control deck is always exist.. and Jade Idol is nothing special in this kind of regard.. shit Jarraxxus is better than ever now for killing particular style of deck thanks to how consistent reno deck with current card pool.. but you love jarraxxus but really dislike jade idol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So i logged in and got 10 free packs :0

rahji

oh hell. in the last 2 arena runs with warlock everytime I encounter a mage I start second and I have a bad hand. wtf is this?

Dahbomb

I'm gonna bite to what Dahbomb said about Jade Idol.

I'm not sure what difference about Jade Idol to card like Jaraxxus and Doomcaller.. card that ensure you always win against control deck is always exist.. and Jade Idol is nothing special in this kind of regard.. shit Jarraxxus is better than ever now for killing particular style of deck thanks to how consistent reno deck with current card pool.. but you love jarraxxus but really dislike jade idol.
Jaraxxus has a massive draw back.

You put yourself at 15 HP when you play it and it costs god damn 9 mana. In addition, Jaraxxus doesn't single handedly prevent you from dying to fatigue, it doesn't add cards to your deck. In addition, the Infernos cost 2 mana and are capped at 6/6 stats.

There's a massive skill requirement to playing Jaraxxus as well. Not everyone knows when and how to use the card. Though to be fair, a lot of people don't know how to use Jade Idol either.

In addition, you are comparing a 9 MANA LEGENDARY card to a 1 MANA RARE card. Shame on you son... shame on you!

On the issue of Doomcaller. Doomcaller alone doesn't do anything. You have to pair Doomcaller with Cthun and that means playing a bunch of mediocre/ok minions in your deck as well. And you need Brann and Emperor. That's a full combo right there. Cthun decks play like Combo Control. Jade Idol is a one card combo that beats out control/fatigue decks. Again... this comparison is terrible.

Anilusion

OKYtHuv.png

Had 900 gold saved up before the expansion, so I picked up 9 packs + the 6 free ones. Gotta say I'm pretty happy with these pulls.

Arjen

Pirate warrior is really the most unfun deck ever to play against. Its basicly hoping they have a bad draw so i might be able to have a small change to win.

Hoping for a quick response...

Say I use a Potion of Madness and then Recombobulator on the minion I'm taking control of. Would I keep the minion not that is was recombobulated (lol) or would it still go back to my opponent?

Dart

Hoping for a quick response...

Say I use a Potion of Madness and then Recombobulator on the minion I'm taking control of. Would I keep the minion not that is was recombobulated (lol) or would it still go back to my opponent?

You would keep it.

Similar to shadow madness.

Owzers

First craft cave: fandral, aya, and one ancient of war to make kolento's jade Druid deck and I'll mix it up from there.

The dust pool took a big hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom