• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I did end up crafting Dirty Rat, which ya'll might remember I was pretty excited about when it revealed, and the first game I got to Dirty Rat a Kabal Chemist into a Twisting Nether. I was hoping to pull Jaraxxus, Leeroy, Faceless or Reno but getting to deny a discover was okay value.

The next game I didn't get to use the Rat, but I did Brann/MC Tech a full board of Deathrattle Minions brought back by Nzoth, and I took the two best ones and basically won the game because of it. The Jade Nzoth Rogue never knew what 'em.

Dart

By the way I found this really neat card interaction.

Last night I silenced my own Reno on board to play Kabal Songstealer

Kabal Songstealer's battlecry: "I see gold in your future" to which Reno response is "How much gold?"

lol

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Kolento was playing a renolock mirror. Opponent fairly late into the game drops a doomsayer behind a taunt. Kolento drops brann plus dirty rat and dirty rat pulls Reno and Jaraxxus.

He still lost though hah.

I am crafting a dirty rat immediately.

I would ban

patches,
thing from below,
not drakonid operative (wow give priest a break),
leeroy,
malygos,
jade idol,
fiery war axe,
highmane,
trap bow,
anyfin can happen,
acidic swamp ooze,
small time buccaneer,
elise,
harrison jones

Also,
knife juggler
animal companion
babbling book
swashburglar, and other heavy RNG cards

Red Mana Wyrm is fun...

D6LH7Ac.jpg

Low rank fun, but fun.

I am just noticing now I could hae made him BIGGER!

scarlet

Drakonid is so OP. Knowing your opponent's deck and getting their card is crazy.

I found out my opponent had deathwing, so I saved my SWD for it. And when he used it, I just used my SWD and it's over.

Tfb the only minion I need 1 KJ ping to hit it, hits face 3 times instead... opponent rolls spell totem.

I don't know how Yoshi does it, I'm just losing with secret pally right now maybe I'm just awful at this game. I'm not even getting past rank 12.

patchday

It begins. Firebat is banning Patches from Batstone 2, it hasn't been a week even lol.

meh I'll probably skip it then. Just kinda dumb to ban the only way folks can thin out their decks and make it more consistent. Even Solforge, despite many failings with the current client UI, has a deck thinner card. Besides Patches all we have to thin decks is Tracking-Hunter

I'd be fine with banning him if we had ways to discover cards from our own decks or something to get more accuracy and consistency

Anyways I know Pirate Warrior gets a crapton of hate but its stupid to ban a card that can also help out Pirate Rogue. Just killing off potential cool archetypes

Just ban Pirate Warrior archetype and I'd be fine. But outright banning the card altogether just makes the tournament more stale and more gimp then standard

cHinzo

I would ban

patches,
thing from below,
not drakonid operative (wow give priest a break),
leeroy,
malygos,
jade idol,
fiery war axe,
highmane,
trap bow,
anyfin can happen,
acidic swamp ooze,
small time buccaneer,
elise,
harrison jones

Also,
knife juggler
animal companion
babbling book
swashburglar, and other heavy RNG cards

Everyone would just play Warlock.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
meh I'll probably skip it then. Just kinda dumb to ban the only way folks can thin out their decks and make it more consistent. Even Solforge, despite many failings with the current client UI, has a deck thinner card. Besides Patches all we have to thin decks is Tracking-Hunter

I'd be fine with banning him if we had ways to discover cards from our own decks or something to get more accuracy and consistency

Anyways I know Pirate Warrior gets a crapton of hate but its stupid to ban a card that can also help out Pirate Rogue. Just killing off potential cool archetypes

Just ban Pirate Warrior archetype and I'd be fine. But outright banning the card altogether just makes the tournament more stale and more gimp then standard

Deck thinning is the least important thing patches does. If it just summoned a copy of patches the first time you play a pirate, it would be 99% as good.

And not watching because they banned patches is pretty funny to me.

635951432828057631.png

it's even still standard legal...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Small Time Recruits is also a big deck thinner.

Also, I bet if they nerfed Bloodsail Cultist to only give weapons +1 damage, Pirate Warrior would instantly die.

patchday

Deck thinning is the least important thing patches does. If it just summoned a copy of patches the first time you play a pirate, it would be 99% as good.

And not watching because they banned patches is pretty funny to me.

yeah cause that screws over Pirate Rogue which is far from OP. So the problem isn't Patches so yeah screw it I'm gonna skip this one.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ramp Druid with Mayor Noggenfogger is really fun. I'm actually shocked at how good he is there. When you have living roots, y'sarge, aviana, and kun, you have plenty of ways of adding targets to board on the same turn, and you can have Rag and Soggoth as good synergies if he lives a turn, which is fairly likely.

Not saying he's tournament worthy, but he's certainly playable in that deck.

patchday

Buffing bloodsail cultist is one of the biggest things patches did.

well they should ban Bloodsail. but since Firebat tournament has their pitchforks out Patches would get put on blast killing off any chance for creativity with Patches in the first place (in other decks besides Warrior).

Blizz demo'ed Patches with Pirate Rogue variant originally.

[edit] And yes I am pissed off cause I like Pirate Rogue thats why I say Firestone can get lost for me this time around

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I caught myself before doing it but I got lethal with a power overwhelming misstress of mixtures hitting face then using hellfire.

If I used it on another target she would have died in the AoE. Would that have saved them or would their HP being 0 first mean they're still dead? I forget how this works.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Fun fact, when Mayor Noggenfogger is on the board, voice commands are randomized too.

Dahbomb

There's no god damn creativity with Patches. You put it in your aggressive deck and you go face. Shamans are doing it, Rogues are doing it and Warriors are doing it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There's no god damn creativity with Patches. You put it in your aggressive deck and you go face. Shamans are doing it, Rogues are doing it and Warriors are doing it.

Pally can too, I think that deck dog was using can be explored more. Any cheap pirate is now insane, and in the case of stuff like small time buccaneer, cheap weapons are as well. Like light's justice is not a good standalone card but in the right deck it can enable dumb stuff.

Everyone would just play Warlock.

You have to bring multiple decks and you can ban classes right? Regardless, there will always be a "top". But I actually disagree with you here, warlock is not necessarily the top because of leeroy nerf hampering combo. It is a strong counter to priest, but that's okay. It's got it's own set of weaknesses to other decks.

cHinzo

You have to bring multiple decks and you can ban classes right? Regardless, there will always be a "top". But I actually disagree with you here, warlock is not necessarily the top because of leeroy nerf hampering combo. It is a strong counter to priest, but that's okay. It's got it's own set of weaknesses to other decks.

They still got Doomguard though and strong decks like Renolock and Zoolock/Discardlock.

Man, I would have loved something like an Annoy-O-Tron in this meta. :< We really need better taunt minions in standard.

patchday

well that felt good. Climbed up 2 ranks into rank 15 in the short time period I've had to play. hoping I can get back on later and to celebrate Firestone's banning of Patches I will make sure to run nothing but patches.

It will be 24/7 murder

Tacitus_

Fibonaccis control list is pretty cool. Went 5-2 tonight, losing to miracoli and midrange shaman, but crushed jade druid and pirate warrior. Buffadin matchup might be iffy with only one Brawl, but I crushed the one I faced as I got early on the board and didn't let go. Won even vs a Reno warlock that got TWO Siphons from his Brann + tri discovery :lol

manhack

well that felt good. Climbed up 2 ranks into rank 15 in the short time period I've had to play. hoping I can get back on later and to celebrate Firestone's banning of Patches I will make sure to run nothing but patches.

It will be 24/7 murder

Patches Pirate warrior is cute and all, but it would be nice not to see it every other game.

All the decks I want to run right now just get steamrolled by it and even a deck that is strong vs. it feels like an uphill battle.

That said I'm not asking for a nerf or a ban.

Dahbomb

Patches Pirate warrior is cute and all, but it would be nice not to see it every other game.

All the decks I want to run right now just get steamrolled by it and even a deck that is strong vs. it feels like an uphill battle.

That said I'm not asking for a nerf or a ban.

Give it another month.

Rockk

I'm glad everyone is focused on pirate warrior so they don't realize how busted miracle rogue is right now. hehehe

I'm glad everyone is focused on pirate warrior so they don't realize how busted miracle rogue is right now. hehehe

It really isn't. Unless you somehow solved winning against aggro decks which is about half the meta at high rank.

Otherwise, yeah... I think everyone is well aware of how good miracle rogue is tbh. Day 1 I had like a 90% win rate over 20 games.

patchday

Nerf something I pulled so I can get dust

not sure what they will nerf. Control Warrior been kicking ass all this time and allowed to spam Justicar Armor with impunity for so long. It is good to see CWs complain. They probably got patches banned so they can spam their same old worn out builds

I'd be down for Pirate Warrior nerf if Control Warrior would get the nerfs they deserve. It was never fun building a board and watching them Brawl it. Then spam justicar armor til we hit fatigue

Notice the out cry for Jade Idol & Pirate Warrior- their two biggest threats.

Dahbomb

not sure what they will nerf. Control Warrior been kicking ass all this time and allowed to spam Justicar Armor with impunity for so long. It is good to see CWs complain. They probably got patches banned so they can spam their same old worn out builds
Control Warrior hasn't been tier 1 for who knows how long.

Renolock is going to annihilate all these Control Warriors same for the Jade Druids. It's completely irrelevant in the current meta outside of maybe playable against Pirate Warriors.

I don't even play Control Warrior that much. The two cards are issues that affect far more than CW. Notice how all the Freeze Mage players have been super quite as well... they know they can't do much against Pirate Warrior either.

Dahbomb

LMAO @ this Kripp Raza OTK deck.

Spawn of Shadows + Garrison Commander

Use two hero powers for free with Raza = 10 damage
Change hero power with Finley, use new hero power twice = 10+ damage
Change hero power with Shadowform, use hero power twice = 14 damage

Though granted you are doing some damage to yourself as well.

Dahbomb

Guesses on the Tempostorm/VS tier lists that will be forth coming?

Here's my guess:

Tier 1:

Pirate Warrior (the new god)
Druid w/ Jade Idol (some variant of it)

Tier 1.5 (not sure if they are going to put these in tier 1 or tier 2)

Renolock
Dragon Priest

Tier 2

Midrange Shaman (w/ or w/o Jade)
Tempo Mage
Aggro Shaman
Secret Hunter (probably not to be honest, just throwing it out there)
Zoolock (w/ Discard variant of course)

Tier 3

No one gives a crap.

Tier 4

Control Warrior

KuroNeeko

The additional thing though is that Dragon Priest doesn't actually need more draw because it almost doesn't run out of cards with Netherspite Historian, Drakonid Operative, and Azure Drake. It's obviously nuts to draw 2 cards, but you don't NEED 2 card draw rather than something else that has more utility especially when the value from drawing more than 1 card only comes when you draw a minion.

I think DP cuts Drakes for Operatives since the stats aren't that good and the spell power is not really relevant.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Here's my guess:

Tier 1:

Renolock
Dragon Priest

Tier 2

Tempo Mage
Aggro Shaman

Tier 3

No one gives a crap.

Tier 4

Control Warrior

I think Jade Rogue is pretty ok

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Here's my guess:

Tier 1:

Renolock
Dragon Priest

Tier 2

Tempo Mage
Aggro Shaman

Tier 3

No one gives a crap.

Tier 4

Control Warrior

Shaman instead of druid in tier one. On the VS at least.

Who knows what the hell tempo storm thinks.

You can get a preview in the VS data dumps posted on Reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom