• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Shaman instead of druid in tier one. On the VS at least.

Who knows what the hell tempo storm thinks.

You can get a preview in the VS data dumps posted on Reddit.

I think Shaman has a bunch of archetypes that people are experimenting with as opposed to one oppressive tier 1 deck. At least that's how I am interpreting the data.

jade druid is incredibly overrated.
All in Jade Druid is overrated.

Cycle heavy Druid deck with Jade Idol in it on the other hand...

That's why I said some Druid deck w/ Jade Idol and not specifically Jade Druid. I think that's two different archetypes.

Portugeezer

LMAO @ this Kripp Raza OTK deck.

Spawn of Shadows + Garrison Commander

Use two hero powers for free with Raza = 10 damage
Change hero power with Finley, use new hero power twice = 10+ damage
Change hero power with Shadowform, use hero power twice = 14 damage

Though granted you are doing some damage to yourself as well.

Holy shit, just saw him do it vs Reno mage with iceblock, 29 damage
(for sure)
+ 1 fatigue.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think Shaman has a bunch of archetypes that people are experimenting with as opposed to one oppressive tier 1 deck. At least that's how I am interpreting the data.

That's why I said some Druid deck w/ Jade Idol and not specifically Jade Druid. I think that's two different archetypes.

They are probably going to be class tier lists for VS until they get more data.

well why not just play malygos then?

patchday

Ok I broke my promise. got tired of playing pirates. I love the theme and all but theres too many other fun decks to try out

Was thinking though I am seeing nothing but Shaman & Pirate Warrior now that I'm higher ranks. Tempted to concede on purpose back up to 20s where I saw a lot more variety

Sorry guys I see your pain at these higher tryhard ranks lol.

edit- And that was just rank 15. I can only imagine how miserable rank 10+ must be in the NA region I feel for yall

edit 2 - And none of the Pirate Warriors at that rank have Patches lmao. I also saw some renolock and kazakus priest tho now to think of it

Levi

Banned
Played 2 out of 3 games tonight vs aggro shaman w/ patches/Doomhammer/lava burst, and I turned on a streamer (don't want to reveal what chat I'm in) and he was facing the same deck at rank 3. Looks like Shaman is back on the menu boys!

Seeing someone blaming cwar players for there being one stream on twitch (out of hundreds and hundreds) that won't be featuring Patches. How ridiculous.

Control warrior is not only almost totally irrelevant in the current meta, the current cwar builds loyalists are using beat the shit out of all these weenie pirate decks. Blaming cwar players for the community outcry about patches is completely divorced from reality.

Besides, cwar is one of the most hated archetypes ever, so I'm sure a lot of the people already mewling for nerfs after a few days were probably the same people who wanted war axe to cost 4 and shield slam to get deleted from the game.

Im personally on record that I rarely want to see nerfs, except in very extreme cases. The meta needs time to react and adapt, and it hasn't had that chance yet.

Dahbomb

It's crazy how dead hunter is right now.
Hunter really is not that bad to be honest. You can play an assortment of Midrange-ish decks based around Beast synergy and the hand buff mechanic. Rat Pack and Kodo are insane cards, Alleycat is really good too. With Renolock being good right now, it's going to bring out some Hunters for a bit.

But Patches gonna Patches. I bet Hunter players are moving over to Wild to play Patches Hunter with Glaivezooka.

fertygo

It's crazy how dead hunter is right now.

expecting class that not had draw to buff their hand is megalul

you can't play face hunter anymore too because face warrior is bad matchup
Hunter really is not that bad to be honest. You can play an assortment of Midrange-ish decks based around Beast synergy and the hand buff mechanic. Rat Pack and Kodo are insane cards, Alleycat is really good too. With Renolock being good right now, it's going to bring out some Hunters for a bit.

But Patches gonna Patches. I bet Hunter players are moving over to Wild to play Patches Hunter with Glaivezooka.

can midrange hunter even win once if you draw your reno

Dahbomb

Yes easily. Reno is usually played onto a board that has like Highmanes and other creatures. You go up to 30 and then lose like 12 HP instantly after that.

Renolock vs Midrange Hunter isn't a new match up. We always had Renolock vs Midrange Hunter and Hunters crushed Warlock. It's an innate bad match up because of the hero powers.

It's better now for Renolock but I think Hunter still does well. The problem with Hunter right now are the other decks. Stuff like Dragon Priest and Patches decks alongside Midrange Shaman and Tempo Mage make life rough for Hunters.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

It's less than 1% of the classes at Rank 1-6 and has the lowest winrate of all classes at 41%.

Levi

Banned
Patches to me is like the new Mad Scientist--draws and plays a card for zero mana / thins deck to improve draw consistency.

He's definitely an OP card for the same reason Mad Scientist was OP. Even if he gets nerfed (which I don't think will happen) that'll be months away. Look at how long Yogg terrorized the game.

I've had so much fun this expansion building & playing a jade rogue deck with Shadowcasters. To be honest, Shadowcaster is one of my favorite cards in the game and I've been trying to build decks with it ever since it was released: C'thun w/ casters, Reno w/ a caster, Burgle w/ casters, I've tried so many things and they've all been pretty bad. Jade is definitely the best yet. Not saying it's a good deck at all, just the one that makes the best use of Shadowcasters. All 3 of the jade minions are great targets for Shadowcaster, with Aya being the best value and Swarmer being the easiest to actually hit because of stealth.

The deck dies to pirate warrior every single time & I don't really know how good it is overall, but for me personally it's some of the most fun I've had with a hearthstone deck so far. Lots of interesting turns to try to figure out how to best maximize plays.

manhack

expecting class that not had draw to buff their hand is megalul

you can't play face hunter anymore too because face warrior is bad matchup

Hunter can build up a sticky board an keep pressure on reno and other control decks better than anything else early game. My last version of midrange hunter before the Call of the Wild nerf shit all over Reno Lock and almost everything else tbh.

Not sure how much better the newer version of reno would do.

Dahbomb

It's less than 1% of the classes at Rank 1-6 and has the lowest winrate of all classes at 41%.
Sure but I think no one knows the best Hunter deck right now. The lower class ranks are in big flux at the moment. We aren't even a week into the meta right now.

The really broken stuff gets figured out first of course, within the first week. Stuff like Call of the Wild, Thing from Below, 477 etc. Like that stuff gets figured out first but the fringe stuff gets figured out later.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Sure but I think no one knows the best Hunter deck right now. The lower ranks are in big flux at the moment. We aren't even a week into the meta right now.

The really broken stuff gets figured out first of course, within the first week. Stuff like Call of the Wild, Thing from Below, 477 etc. Like that stuff gets figured out first but the fringe stuff gets figured out later.

I'm not saying the class is gonna stay dead, but man everybody abandoned it and control warrior super quick.

Secret based hunters were really the only hunters being ran after COTW nerf. And since the meta is warped around beating pirate warrior, hunter suffers. Especially when half the reason you play the deck is the eaglehorn bow value off secrets, and every deck is running weapon hate. Why play the weaker aggro deck anyway.

This is the jade rogue I've cooked up:
0MWT9RM.png
I streamlined it to make it as fast as possible with lots of low drops. I tried using oozes & taunts & slightly different builds but it didn't really help so I gave up on winning against pirate warriors and went all in. Dunno if it's a good deck but aside from pirate warriors I've been winning a decent amount of games, and more importantly for me just having a lot of fun with it.

Secret based hunters were really the only hunters being ran after COTW nerf. And since the meta is warped around beating pirate warrior, hunter suffers. Especially when half the reason you play the deck is the eaglehorn bow value off secrets, and every deck is running weapon hate. Why play the weaker aggro deck anyway.

Plus Patches triggers Freezing Trap for free.

Dahbomb

Control Warrior feeling what Control Warlock has felt for a long time.

A bunch of decks in the meta that hard counter you that happen to be the best in the game right now. And you go a bunch of expansions without much support.

patchday

Control Warrior hasn't been tier 1 for who knows how long.

Renolock is going to annihilate all these Control Warriors same for the Jade Druids. It's completely irrelevant in the current meta outside of maybe playable against Pirate Warriors.

I don't even play Control Warrior that much. The two cards are issues that affect far more than CW. Notice how all the Freeze Mage players have been super quite as well... they know they can't do much against Pirate Warrior either.

I love Freeze mage but that deck is super toxic. I feel bad for my victims. Just sitting there watching their minions get frozen with no counterplay. Its an abomination that should not exist if the other player is helpless and unable to do anything.

I'd be bored too cause I knew they stood no chance. I'd be watching TV and doing household chores and stuff lmao

(I have not run Freeze mage this season)

edit - sometimes I did lose to a Hunter or something. but this is old meta. I'd get raked by pirate warrior now but thats a GOOD thing

Dahbomb

I love Freeze mage but that deck is super toxic. I feel bad for my victims. Just sitting there watching their minions get frozen with no counterplay. Its an abomination that should not exist if the other player is helpless and unable to do anything.
So like Patches.

patchday

Patches is a 1/1/1. he can be dispatched easily. I love how much aggro he draws. even when theres other pirates on the board with more health that little sucker draws so much rage and attention lmao

Maybe in higher tiers players are more rational

And ya I made it to 15 kinda peaceful like. I do not see Patches and just beat the only 1 i saw tonight

(I do see lots of budget / old school pirate warriors tho- but they have no Patches or Hobbart)

I'm starting to think Druid is going to end up getting hit with another round of nerfs at the next rotation. The amount of card draw and card generation they have right now is pretty absurd for the stuff they're able to put on board.

Of course, Fandral is a big part of that. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a mana cost increase and/or health nerf.

Dahbomb

Patches is a 1/1/1. he can be dispatched easily. I love how much aggro he draws. even when theres other pirates on the board with more health that little sucker draws so much rage and attention lmao

Maybe in higher tiers players are more rational
Patches is free, those other pirates are not.

Small Time Buccaneer is a very powerful card but it's got nothing on Patches. Patches you play for free without even spending a card from hand or any mana crystals.

I feel like I have to explain why this card is broken every day when it should be blatantly obvious. Maybe when Blizzard nerfs it and puts the explanation then people will understand.

fertygo

Patches need to nerfed n get summoned from hand, that its

you got free pirate boar, sure you just play 2 hand from hand.

the current version is just awful

I hope blizzard nerf it like 2 month in, I get pretty wonderful meta in that 2 month before rotation.

Hearthstone is fun af right now if you not queue aggro with patches deck tbh, patches is the really BIG fun ruiner right now

Dahbomb

I'm actually having quite a bit of success against Pirate Warrior with Renolock. That's probably a really good sign for the latter going forward.
1/3rd of my deck are cards put in to counter Pirate Warrior.

Dirty Rat (the god), Bruiser, Doomsayer, Mistress of Potions, Ooze, Demonwrath, Dark Peddler, Imp Gang Boss, MCT, Shadow Bolt, Earthenring Farseer and Mortal Coil.

I would gladly take out at least 3 of these if the meta changes.

ZZMitch

Damn, tried out Savjz's Reno Dragon Priest tonight. Ended up switching out Ysera for Deathwing and have been crushing Jade decks that flood the board and empty their hands. 7-0 to end the night feels pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom