• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
What are the Reno mages running right now? Got a win two with Mage quest and I'm like "oh that's a good excuse to craft Kazakus".

Since teching my Jade Rogue list hard against P*rate Warrior about 15 games ago I of course haven't seen a single one.

Conversely, I made my miracle list with zero techs against warrior, and I've only run into druids lol

Sometimes match making giveth and sometimes match making taketh.

edit:
Well, not entirely accurate, I did run into aggro shaman and 1 aggro rogue before the druids

But no pirate warriors

manhack

the worst part about Dragon Priest playing 4 Drakonid Operatives is they pull off your combos before you get them in hand.

Pooya

if you could just ban one class before hitting play, meta would never get stale and there would be more class diversity in the game. That would make the game closer to their own competitive format.

They can never balance the game, something will always be broken in any expansion and people just play that one thing. That's the only way to fix it.

KuroNeeko

I've always been a Priest player with occasional forays into Reno-mage / Rogue, but man, this expansion, I'm really enjoying N'zoth Jade Rogue / Jade Druid--so much that I'm considering making Aya my first craft!

My craft list this expansion is probably:

1) Aya
2) Kakarus / Raza (Kakarus is probably more powerful, but I like Raza more)
OR
3) Shaku
4) Finja / Wickerflame (want to make murloc paladin!)
5) Madam Goya (probably a waste, but I like her)

Anyone else find this expansion opening up new ways of playing for themselves?

if you could just ban one class before hitting play, meta would never get stale and there would be more class diversity in the game. That would make the game closer to their own competitive format.

They can never balance the game, something will always be broken in any expansion and people just play that one thing. That's the only way to fix it.

Or they could allow you to have sideboards. It would be weird at first that you could see your opponent's class, but while you tech against them, they tech against you... so who knows. Could just have pre-set sideboards, like 3-4 per deck...

Problem is, this sorta stuff is too complicated. I'm not sure if either would work out well. They wouldn't likely be a hit with the casual audience.

Damn, tried out Savjz's Reno Dragon Priest tonight. Ended up switching out Ysera for Deathwing and have been crushing Jade decks that flood the board and empty their hands. 7-0 to end the night feels pretty good!

Just played that. Dirty Rat'd a Ragnaros on turn 2. Oof.

Just played that. Dirty Rat'd a Ragnaros on turn 2. Oof.

You typically don't dirty rat til you can combo with it. Like you have shadowworddeath in hand already or MCT plus enough mana to remove with it. Unless vs aggro, you shouldn't be playing it on curve.

The other thing is that if you just wait, your opponent will eventually have more cards in hand you want to dirty rat because they hold on to those longer.

patchday

I've always been a Priest player with occasional forays into Reno-mage / Rogue, but man, this expansion, I'm really enjoying N'zoth Jade Rogue / Jade Druid--so much that I'm considering making Aya my first craft!

My craft list this expansion is probably:

1) Aya
2) Kakarus / Raza (Kakarus is probably more powerful, but I like Raza more)
OR
3) Shaku
4) Finja / Wickerflame (want to make murloc paladin!)
5) Madam Goya (probably a waste, but I like her)

Anyone else find this expansion opening up new ways of playing for themselves?

I love this expansion this is the most fun I've ever had I dont want to stop playing. will have to take off some days from work...

All of those legends might be a fad to be honest although Kaza & Aya feel like they will stick. Running Shaku in this experimental deck I put together. right now not worth crafting probably.

You typically don't dirty rat til you can combo with it. Like you have shadowworddeath in hand already or MCT plus enough mana to remove with it. Unless vs aggro, you shouldn't be playing it on curve.

The other thing is that if you just wait, your opponent will eventually have more cards in hand you want to dirty rat because they hold on to those longer.

lol thank you so much that was my next question

KuroNeeko

I love this expansion this is the most fun I've ever had I dont want to stop playing. will have to take off some days from work...

All of those legends might be a fad to be honest although Kaza & Aya feel like they will stick. Running Shaku in this experimental deck I put together. right now not worth crafting probably.

Yeah, but FINJA is a ninja murloc!!!
C'MON! ; )

Yeah, Shaku probably isn't that good...but what if you managed to Windfury him?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am still hopeful Blizard pulls out Duel Tribals in the future. Mech Bear Cat should totally be both a Mech and a Beast.

zoukka

Meh hunter feels super weak now. On paper Dispatch kodo and rat pack feel amazing but they are irrelevant as fuck in the current meta.

sibarraz

Banned
Aya must be one of my favoirte cards ever, I love her design and ability, I hope that after a month jade x is still a thing with her

I got the Rogue Mastery quest and gave Kripp's N'Zoth Rogue another spin. That thing is truly truly truly outrageous.

I beat a friggin Reno Dragon Priest with it. By the time I got Zothie out my Golems were already like 9/9. Bruh conceded. Hello Rank 19 win streak. (Yeah, I'm not great.)

I'm having so much fun with Savjz dragon reno priest deck. At rank 12 right now with win streak, this is highest rank I have managed in several months. Pirate warrior is tough if I get bad draws, Jade decks are a bit 50%/50% and occasional warlock will beat me but otherwise my win rate is quite good. I guess the fun part is that none of those matchups are auto-losses, I can still have a chance.

I still have nightmares about that 15/15 * 3 Doppelgangster a paladin dropped on me.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Poor warlock, bane of dooming himself in the face trying to get rid of Mayor Noggenfogger.

People need to learn not to use targeted spells that can affect friendly characters with Mayor Noggenfogger on board. Too high of a chance of it backfiring.

Have we come to a consensus yet on Raza? Really tempted to craft him, especially if he becomes a Priest staple. I have enough dust to craft 3 legendaries and I'm looking at:

Raza
Aya
Patches

Thoughts?

wiibomb

Have we come to a consensus yet on Raza? Really tempted to craft him, especially if he becomes a Priest staple. I have enough dust to craft 3 legendaries and I'm looking at:

Raza
Aya
Patches

Thoughts?

we still need to reach a consensus on even the reno archetype this time around, I think it is still too early to even say if Reno is viable, raza needs more time

Xanathus

Raza
Aya
Patches

Thoughts?

I mean... Raza is 100% essential if you want to play Reno Priest. The value of free 2 heal adds up tremendously over long games not to mention that it makes Inspire minions actually useful. It's like having a free Innervate every turn.

Just had my worst stretch of arena runs ever, since open beta. 1-9, no gold as any of my rewards. Ouch. Anyone else find the post-MSG arena meta tougher?

Xanathus

Just had my worst stretch of arena runs ever, since open beta. 1-9, no gold as any of my rewards. Ouch. Anyone else find the post-MSG arena meta tougher?

Only did 2 runs yesterday but they were fairly easy until I hit 7 wins and started facing constructed decks.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
we still need to reach a consensus on even the reno archetype this time around, I think it is still too early to even say if Reno is viable, raza needs more time

I think it's pretty easy at this point to say that Reno priest is certainly viable. Tier 2 at worst.

The only thing that needs answering is if Dragon Priest or Reno Priest is better, which mostly depends on what other decks become popular.

Finalow

^ I've seen also people running the 4 mana 7/7 instead of second Doomhammer and Ancestral, they are usually too slow vs aggro but they're amazing against all the Reno and Druid decks.

Does it run any new cards?
yes, the 2 Jade class cards and Buccaneer + Patches.
Patches works much better when you run 4 pirates instead of just 2 (Buccaneer + Southsea), running just Buccaneer hoping to draw one of them before Patches doesn't work that well.

Finalow

I think it's pretty easy at this point to say that Reno priest is certainly viable. Tier 2 at worst.
Renolock beats Renopriest almost every time, and it's just the best Reno deck out there at the moment. for those reasons I don't think Renopriest will ever be tier 1 or will see much play, but yes, it's a pretty solid deck.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Renolock beats Renopriest almost every time, and it's just the best Reno deck out there at the moment. for those reasons I don't think Renopriest will be ever tier 1 or will see much play, but yes, it's a pretty solid deck.

With Jade decks out there, perhaps Reno priest needs to run more burst.

If a Reno priest is running burst renolocks should become less of an issue.

pixelish

i actually thought arena has been easier after msog. have been getting at least 5 wins in my past 5 runs with my last run (as priest) going 11-2 which is my personal best run.

Levi

Banned
Terrible draw and no patches. Still always like seeing pirates get wrecked.

Well I think I won by forcing him to put his second war axe charge into the Doomsayer, so even though he drew a bunch of weapon synergy cards he wasn't able to activate them. His draw would have been a lot better if he had a weapon equipped.

Doomsayer was basically heal for 8 and destroy a weapon in that situation.

These pirate warrior decks run out of gas really quickly and if they brick a few draws in the midgame they're just done.

That's insane. It's also insane that he's only 700 packs away. I feel like someone is going to donate the last 600$ just to get him to push the damn button already.

bjaelke

I've found it to be "easier" because a lot of people still auto pick Mage whenever the option comes up even though it's no longer the strongest class in arena.
i actually thought arena has been easier after msog. have been getting at least 5 wins in my past 5 runs with my last run (as priest) going 11-2 which is my personal best run.

So you still have a chance for 12 wins?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
if this rock paper scissors meta sticks around, I don't think I will play the game very much.

Ah, so is that what it actually is right now?

I was thinking about it when the set first came out, that if Jade was counter-control, and aggro was counter-Jade, and control was counter-aggro, you would basically get a hard-counter RPS meta.

Finalow

I wonder how long until face pirate Hunter will also be a thing

With Jade decks out there, perhaps Reno priest needs to run more burst.

If a Reno priest is running burst renolocks should become less of an issue.
nah, I don't think burst will do much for Priest, especially since Renolock now runs more taunts and heals because of the aggro decks being everywhere. you just hope for them to don't draw all the answers they usually have.

aggro Shaman beats rock, paper, and scissors.
ftfy

Levi

Banned
It drove cwar extinct though.

Cwar is dead the same reason zoo is dead--they didn't get any good new tools in the new set so people aren't motivated to play those decks.

I've been testing a few different Cwar builds and having moderate success. Fibonacci is running Gromm / Gorehowl / and Cruel Taskmaster to have game-ending burst against Jade Decks--and he's cut Justicar from all his lists because he thinks it is too slow for this meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom