• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I wonder how long until face pirate Hunter will also be a thing

nah, I don't think burst will do much for Priest, especially since Renolock now runs more taunts and heals because of the aggro decks being everywhere. I think you just hope for them to don't draw all the answers they usually have.

Kripp is fucking around with a silly burst for priest involving Raza, spawn of shadows, Shadowform, Finley and the dude that lets you hero power twice. Not very practical but it is technically a lot of burst. It lets you do like 32 damage but causes 20 to your own face.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
People are getting pretty good at playing around mortal strike, but I had one Shaman play around it, despite me having hunter hero power and him at 6 HP.

Firebrand

Was going to destroy a big minion with a spell and slid my mouse at the last moment, killing my own guy.

I don't even have the aim for card games, fml.

patchday

contacted firebat and let him know wasnt happy with some of the batstone bans and he actually replied which was really coo. So yeah its coo now tuning into batstone

(Awesome community- bar none for CCGs)

sibarraz

Banned
I hope that hunter doesn't become the new tier 4 class, since that will mean that the next expansion will make him awesome, and hunter being awesome isn't exactly fun

Been playing non-expansion Pirate Warrior and it's pretty much feast or famine. Any big Taunts or heals and I lose. Pulling off double Mortal Strikes when your opponent is at 12 HP and taunting you because they have a full board and lethal is pretty satisfying though.

Paladin "buff everything in hand" is really annoying though. One thing you can't affect is your opponent's hand, so instead of relying on a minion to stick before buffing it, you just buff them before they even hit the field.

Pooya

people said hunter is bad after old gods too, see how that turned out. Hunter is ok, it's certainly not paladin tier bad and probably as good as rogue tier. Rogue and hunter both should be good against all the reno/slow decks and druid, it's just pirate warrior that holds them back.

warrior is tier 1 right now but it's not really healthy, just one face deck right now and everything else is just terrible against everything really.

shaman and warlock are pretty good of course. Priest and druid next. Then hunter/rogue. Paladin is certainly the worst.

Pooya

Paladin hand buff is highly inconsistent, if you don't get them in the opening you lose hard and fast. If you get them it's not exactly too strong either. It's not a well thought out concept overall. I don't think it will be a thing ever, I liked it at first, it seemed good enough but after trying it for a bit you see how it falls apart easily.

Dahbomb

Jade Druid also really easy to make in this format, you just add in all the Jade cards and throw in a Lotus Agent to round it out if you want to.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hunter finds a way.

The worst that Hunter has ever had to deal with was immediately after the launch of Old Gods when people didn't know what they wanted to do with Hunter early game and so nobody played it. But people figured out a couple months later that Huge Toad was always fine and suddenly Midrange Hunter became a strong Tier 2 deck.

Grimy Goons hunter may not work as an archetype in the long run but eventually people will just start tossing Alley Cats and Rat Packs into existing decks and Hunter will re-emerge.

Dahbomb

Alley Cat/Fiery Bat, Kindly Grandmother/Hyena (Hyena is really good with Rat Packs and Alley Cat), Rat Pack/Animal Companion, Kodo/Spider Wolf/Houndmaster, Tiger/Knuckles/3 drop plus hero power, Highmane, Ragnaros, 1x CotW. Throw in Knife Jugglers and Cult Master to synergize with all the tokens.

I made a Midrange Hunter deck without even thinking about it. I bet this crushes Jade Druids and does well against Renolock/Reno Priest too.

Xanathus

Here's a Wild Face Pirate Hunter deck I just threw together.

YZBu1Gm.png

G.ZZZ

Firebat is one of the best in this community, he feel so genuine and smart compared to a lot of other streamers. That's also why he don't stream often sadly.

wiibomb

Firebat is one of the best in this community, he feel so genuine and smart compared to a lot of other streamers. That's also why he don't stream often sadly.

to be honest, I always found him kind of smug, like his opinions are the only ones worth.

Batstone seems pretty great.

e:
I'm going through my collection. I got 2 beneath the grounds I want to dust... but then I think... well... this could be a really strong counter to reno supremacy... lol... damn

patchday

ya I wouldnt dust beneath the grounds it can finally have its chance to shine

depressing watching all these rogues getting waxed at Batstone but no surprise at all with these gimped cards we got

inky

Went against a Mill Rogue who used Beneath the Grounds, then Coldlight Oracle and both the cards he milled were his Ambushers, LOL.

RIP

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The first two people I played against in my first MSoG arena run had to add me to tell me I had a 12-0 deck.

http://i.imgur.com/JkNbGi1.png

Is it really that good? I don't play that much priest or arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom