• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettch

I was running the Malygos Druid all day, and only had a 50% win rate with it. A few games I lost to mistakes, but a lot of the time it was just one turn off. I don't think I could make it any better though without giving up on match-ups. Think it probably needs something more to be viable (or for the aggro-control meta to not be split 50-50).

C'thun Druid on the other hand is looking a lot more consistent to me. I don't think Kripp built his version very well. The main advantage for it is that you don't need any of your damage spells leftover to win, you can use them all on removal. The Dark Arakkoas are surprisingly useful as well. My Malygos version wasn't making great use out of innervate outside of auctioneer, but here putting out an Arakkoa early can lock down a game on it's own.

I'll see how it goes with more games though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Been really enjoying Jade Druid with Auctioneer and Ancients of War. You run 2x War and the Jade Behemoths and your Pirate Warrior win rate jumps a bunch. It isn't foolproof, you still need to get some legit threats and Moonglade Portal or Feral Rage to keep your HP up, but the matchup is winnable which is basically all you can ask for.

The deck is just hilarious to play. I SMH every time I see a mirror where turn 1 or 3 the opposing druid shuffles in 3 jade idols. MY DUDE! Why would you do that? Slow down your deck right off the bat? Get that value in the late game and the reap the sweet shuffles when it becomes a control matchup later on.

Crosseyes

Banned
Jesus Christ. My buff Paladin can at least go toe to toe with face warrior if I can get the taunts and heals up. Still have some bad games that the Warrior crushes me turn 5.

This fucking Patches Shaman. Turn 4.

This isn't going to be under the radar much longer.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I just played an Ishimaru. Does GAF's Ishimaru play HS?

I'm drunk and I forgot I had Ancient of War in my hand on turn 7 vs his pirate warrior :(

zoukka

I struggle to climb with every deck but Jade Druid. With Druid I feel like I don't have to think a lot, just mulligan for ramp and start dropping those threats until my opponent is overwhelmed.

zoukka

Yep. Goons have terrible topdicks and any deck with terrible topdicks, will eventually fade away into oblivion.

Aggro pallies are always carried by divine favour alone.

Szadek

I was pretty sure that goons would fail pretty hard, but since they were pushing them so hard, I thought that they might have a chance.

Aggro pirats could work, but the only reason to play them over other pirats is ,you guessed it, Divine Favour.
Although, they probably auto-lose to any other pirat deck.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Climbing ladder is so much easier than it was the first day of release. I thought all the new cards sucked the first day because I was playing people that were above my level. Right now climbing is cake, whereas I couldn't get past rank 18 on the first day.

I'm also using my own decks rather than netdecks, so maybe I've just refined them a little. Is it ultra weird to put axe flinger into Pirate Warrior? I feel like i need to remove their stuff a little bit while still doing damage. Seems to be working??

If Paladin got weapon buffs then they'd maybe be competitive but alas they got the worst of the goon mechanic when they already had the worst aggro deck.
How did they get the worst of the goon mechanic? I thought they get the best, easily. Maybe Paladin still won't be competitive, but I don't think that's because they got the worst of the goons mechanic. It because the goons mechanic is too slow for the current meta, combined with Paladin already being really bad before the new cards.

How did they get the worst of the goon mechanic? I thought they get the best, easily. Maybe Paladin still won't be competitive, but I don't think that's because they got the worst of the goons mechanic. It because the goons mechanic is too slow for the current meta, combined with Paladin already being really bad before the new cards.

Buff everything in hand requires you to either get the perfect draw or to stock up on cards repeatedly. Warrior just has better weapon buffs already so they don't need new ones and hunter got cards that actually get significantly stronger if they have their stats boosted.

Paladin got the "go wide with weenies but wait till turn 4 or 5 to do so at which point you lose anyway because you're an aggro deck that did shit for the early turns" mechanic.

OMFG

Me: Reno Locke
Dude: Pirate Rogue

Dude is just ripping shit. My pulls have been garbage. He has five on the board. I put down a Doomsayer as a last ditch. It's only turn five and everything in my hand is like 6 and up. He brings me down to 1 life instead of killing the Doomsayer. Not the worst move considering.

Except I top deck Reno.

He concedes two turns later.

Deathrattle Reno Paladin might just be not a bad idea. It works well, I'm playing redemption getaway kodo and repentance to pull with MC as a free 6/6 of sorts. Also gives me an excuse to run Murloc Knight again.

Pooya

Kripp makes a living off of this game and I don't think he had spent nearly that much into the game.

talk about poor investments.

Heropon

I haven't played ranked since the release day of the expansion until today and just because I had to clear a quest. I had a really bad time with my limited cards, the pirates and jade druids. I don't feel like playing too much right now. :(

inky

Kripp makes a living off of this game and I don't think he had spent nearly that much into the game.

talk about poor investments.

Kripp has spent around $3k according to him. He has also played the game 5 hours a day on average, every day for the past 3 years. I mean, it's his job so...

giphy.gif

pixelish

so i just got my first msog legendary raza off a pack and decided it's time to give reno priest a shot. looking at savjz's decklist however, i don't have a couple legendaries chillmaw and ysera. i'll be using most of my dust to craft kazakus and i'm also trying to refrain myself from using dust to craft tgt cards since they'll be out of rotation soon so are there any viable alternatives for these two cards? i'm not looking to reach legend or anything, just want a competent enough reno priest deck to challenge the decks in the current meta.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I struggle to climb with every deck but Jade Druid. With Druid I feel like I don't have to think a lot, just mulligan for ramp and start dropping those threats until my opponent is overwhelmed.

I find it hard to climb with Jade Druid myself, even copying lists from pros. For me the only easy ones to climb with are Renolock, Reno Priest, and Dragon Priest.

You'd think pirate warrior would be easy to climb with but there are some real hard counters to it out there.

I missed aggro shaman, 3/2 trogg + 2 lava bursts for 17 damage of burst. Bet my opponent felt smug when he harrison'd my doomhammer.

Shit I gotta try secret pirate paladin in wild now.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hunter and Paly seem to be trash tier.

Pirate Warrior seems top spot.

Jade Druid seems to be the default easy deck as it just sorta plays itself with the jade ramps.

Everything else is sorta in the middle with Renolock probably being the best of the rest.

wiibomb

The part that hurts about reading this is that he's only made it up to rank 5.

In other news! I did a write up on the Priest deck I've been tweaking. I'd love to get some opinions on it.

even if I had a full golden collection I wouldn't bother at all with ranked, I just don't care about that try hard mode right now.

Not everyone needs to be the best

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I find it hard to climb with Jade Druid myself, even copying lists from pros. For me the only easy ones to climb with are Renolock, Reno Priest, and Dragon Priest.

You'd think pirate warrior would be easy to climb with but there are some real hard counters to it out there.

I feel like the issue against Pirate Warrior is if you tech in Ooze and Harrison you get a good chance to win against Pirate. It fucks you against other classes though. For example they are sorta dead plays against jade druid.

Two things I just learned:

1. Red Mana Wyrm Rogue is bullshit.

2. With Fengdral out, you can't cast Starfall against a board of stealthed minions.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the issue against Pirate Warrior is if you tech in Ooze and Harrison you get a good chance to win against Pirate. It fucks you against other classes though. For example they are sorta dead plays against jade druid.

Or you can tech in any halfway decent taunt.

Levi

Banned
Probably the best turn 3 I've ever had. This hunter was very BM, too, so it feel super good.

Here's the list. (a Rogue quest, a battlecry minions quest, and an inspire quest so...)

8m94A6h.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom