• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

According to the Data Reaper LIVE, looks like Pirate Warrior numbers are dwindling at higher ranks. Getting pushed out by the superior aggro deck... Aggro Shaman.

Those 4 mana 7/7 memes are relevant again!

This renolock throws away his ooze the turn before I can play doomhammer then has to Brann + Sewer Ooze to take off 2 uses.

According to the Data Reaper LIVE, looks like Pirate Warrior numbers are dwindling at higher ranks. Getting pushed out by the superior aggro deck... Aggro Shaman.

Those 4 mana 7/7 memes are relevant again!

It has some ridiculous burst that doesn't require you to be at 12 life.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Two things I just learned:

1. Red Mana Wyrm Rogue is bullshit.
Yeah, I ran into that one time a couple days ago. Turns out Red Mana Wyrm is actually pretty dangerous in Rogue.

2. With Fengdral out, you can't cast Starfall against a board of stealthed minions.
. . .

Huh. I hadn't thought about that.

Strider

Dirty Rat into MCT is always hilarious to me...

Anyway swapping cards in and out and playing all 3 of my Reno decks is such a good time right now... Really gonna be bummed when LoE rotates out. That will probably finally get me into playing Wild a decent bit though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Calling ooze a dead play is harsh. A 2 mana 3/2 isn't useless.

Ok. Might have been harsh by me, but that's more about how good the other decks are currently.

Plus while a 2 mana 3/2 body in an of itself isn't bad it means you used up a card slot or two vs running something that has better deck synergy.

Peléo

Just played against a Jade Druid who went Turn 1: Jade Idol - Shuffle 3 copies into your deck. Turn 2: Jade Idol - Shuffle 3 copies into your hand.

He lost the game. Rank 15.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Peléo;226174693 said:
Just played against a Jade Druid who went Turn 1: Jade Idol - Shuffle 3 copies into your deck. Turn 2: Jade Idol - Shuffle 3 copies into your hand.

These are the people who put Prince Malchezaar into all of their decks.

I usually feel there isn't a good enough reason for including Mountain Giant outside of legacy reasons.
I've been finding giant helpful in pressuring jade idol druid early. If I give them space they'll grow too quickly for me to deal with them but if their turn is focused on responding to me I usually win. I don't have Leeroy though so I'm sure that would help that match up too.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Peléo;226174693 said:

Yep. That is a straight up bonehead move. Shuffling into your deck is the thing that has the potential when you draw it late to be game breaking, but before turn 10? You slam that thing down as a 1/1 or 2/2 or whatever unless you have Auctioneer out and can expect to draw a ton of cards this turn.

suaveric

Yep. That is a straight up bonehead move. Shuffling into your deck is the thing that has the potential when you draw it late to be game breaking, but before turn 10? You slam that thing down as a 1/1 or 2/2 or whatever unless you have Auctioneer out and can expect to draw a ton of cards this turn.

I always play the first card and shuffle the second.

Dahbomb

Shuffling Jade Idol turn 1 is a noob trap.

You want to do that late game if you are up against a slow deck or you have the Gadgetan combo on lock.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Tried out Anyfin Paladin.

Pros:
- Finja is a really strong turn that also activates anyfin very quickly.
- Grimstreet Informant gives another chance for additional anyfins
- Burnbristle is great anti aggro

Cons:
- Getting multiple equality combos is essential against all the Jade Golems and Dragon Priests
- Finja dilutes the pool of charge damage quite a bit for the 2nd and 3rd anyfins.

Sadly, I think there's too much powercreep and not enough upgrades for anyfin to be viable anymore.

ZealousD

It's fine to shuffle the second against control but you don't want to do that too early, either. Better to do that in the late game when your jade idols are much larger and the difference between a single Jade Idol and a larger effect like a Jade Spirit or Jade Behemoth is not great.

If you're up against an aggressive deck, it's probably better to play both of them and never shuffle. Tempo too important in aggressive matchups to pray for extended value into the late game.

ZealousD

Brawl is deathrattles activate twice.

Egg druid and tempo rogue seem op in this.

It's all about that Dreadsteed.

Also, Hunter would be pretty good. Kindly Grandmother, Rat Pack, Infested Wolf. Hunter didn't really have these options the last time we did this brawl I think.

Edit: Also Shaky Zipgunner.

Peléo

These are the people who put Prince Malchezaar into all of their decks.

Yes, it's essentially a combo card with Auctioneer or sometimes Fandral if you really need the board presence. Late game it starts getting better, but early to mid you don't want to be drawing (1) 2/2 instead of Swipe of Drake.

I normally only play the first on turn 1 against Aggro or if I need to buff my Jade Blossom or Jade Behemoth against other mid-range decks. But I haven't played a lot yet with the deck, probably around 40 matches so I'm still discovering the best to play.

luoapp

What do you guys think about the arena tiers after the expansion? Seems worrier gets a lot stronger with weapon buffs.

ZealousD

What do you guys think about the arena tiers after the expansion? Seems worrier gets a lot stronger with weapon buffs.

HearthArena have put out some stats recently and Warlock and Priest got huge buffs. Warlock was #1 and Priest was tied for #2 with Mage and Rogue. Otherwise the rankings stayed mostly the same.

Dahbomb

All the Kabal classes are top 3.

Rogue, Paladin and Shaman in the middle.

Druid, Warrior and Hunter bottom 3.

Those Warrior buffs don't matter that much as they lose you tempo the turn you play them and tempo is everything for Warriors in Arena. And the good weapon buff card is a rare. Warrior got an abysmal common card for Arena.

luoapp

HearthArena have put out some stats recently and Warlock and Priest got huge buffs. Warlock was #1 and Priest was tied for #2 with Mage and Rogue. Otherwise the rankings stayed mostly the same.

Interesting, have the link? Warlock gets two aoe (Abyssal Enforcer and Felfire), but is it really that good now?

Still need to finish two runs from before the expansion, hehe, fun time ahead.

ZealousD

Dahbomb

Interesting, have the link? Warlock gets two aoe (Abyssal Enforcer and Felfire), but is it really that good now?

Still need to finish two runs from before the expansion, hehe, fun time ahead.
Warlock also got a single target removal in Blastcrystal Potion which they never really had in the Arena before. Combined with the two AOEs, it's a paradigm shift on how you play Warlock in the Arena.

You use to win against Warlocks by presenting a big threat and hedging against Siphon Soul which was a rare. Nowadays they can remove that as well as your small stuff with Abyssal Enforcer.

luoapp

Warlock also got a single target removal in Blastcrystal Potion which they never really had in the Arena before. Combined with the two AOEs, it's a paradigm shift on how you play Warlock in the Arena.

Forgot that one, one rare removal is always good. On the other note, poor hunter, when can they get a break? Also, I am still waiting for the arena patch Blizzard promised. Hope we can hear something before the meta settles to endless "I greet you..."

Tacitus_

I can't into jade druid at all. I'm using Saiyans list so it's probably not the deck. I generally mulligan for ramp. But at midgame I either get run over or run out of cards and then I start just hoping for Nourish to save me, but it usually comes too late :|

wiibomb

weird... I got pretty good results from throwing a bunch of low cost deathrattles in my rogue deck on the brawl.

The Jade Swarmer along with the jade spirits and the jade shuriken are the MVP for me

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

You use to win against Warlocks by presenting a big threat and hedging against Siphon Soul which was a rare. Nowadays they can remove that as well as your small stuff with Abyssal Enforcer.

I hadn't thought about this but you're right. Abyssal Enforcer being the common makes warlock quite scary in Arena. And with the bonus occurences for Blastcrystal anf Enforcer giving them hard removal and late game threats, they are really scary in arena atm.

Pooya

you play n'zoth first mate turn 1, it's essentially a better muster for battle on turn 1 with patches. How they thought this is ok to print.

Dahbomb

you play n'zoth first mate turn 1, it's essentially a better muster for battle on turn 1 with patches. How they thought this is ok to print.
Remember: Muster for Battle had the highest win rate when played on curve out of any card in the history of Hearthstone according to Blizzard.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I queued up for a random game of Wild... Rank 25 mind you...

Opponent on turn 1 coins out Mind Blast.

Oh boy.

I love games like that. I find it so fun. Make silly plays to make for a good fun game in response to their ridiculous plays.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
this tavern brawl

first one was a priest mirror

so many silences

and thoughtstealing other silences

edit: FYI, Baron Rivendare doesn't do shit.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Remember: Muster for Battle had the highest win rate when played on curve out of any card in the history of Hearthstone according to Blizzard.

At least the deck as a whole is not as good as some of those decks with muster for battle.

I just hope Blizzard is done printing good pirate cards.

Jade decks are fun and we need a strong counter to control, especially control decks that never actually try to contest the board with their own minions or sometimes even try to win the game except in fatigue. But as we've seen, control still thrives regardless so it's not like jade makes control extinct and it's not even close to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom