• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhack

Pint-size potion + SW horror is so destructive.

Yeah I got wrecked by a guy playing a pure control priest with that combo.

Just tuned into Strifecro and he is running a grim patron list similar to something I was experimenting with. I think grimy gadgeteer can work in patron list, but I feel he needs more charge minions to make the combos work against decks other than aggro.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
You're sort of ignoring a big point of the deck, which is to summon a bunch of dreadsteeds. Kel'Thuzad, Void Terror, and Sac Pac are big parts of that. This isn't just some midrange Demonlock.

AHAHAHAHAHA
I totally spaced out on the fact that it was a dreadsteed deck. LOL. I should just go to bed, today has been nothing but trash.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just killed Renolock on turn 4 with shaman, and he even used a demonwrath on 3 to kill three minions.

Jesus mother fucking hell.

Oh boy, 3 shaman down in a row with my homebrew reno priest deck. It's dragon and n'zoth themed lol.

Even dealt with back to back FWF.

It's kinda shitty though, how doomsayer is much less reliable board clear on turn 2 because of patches and that new 1 drop pirate.

2 of the games I played kazakus on curve for 5 mana potion. Both games I got 4 damage AOE. 1 of the games I got a 5/5 (maybe best combination out them all?) and the other game I got 2 card draw. The card draw got me much closer to reno so both were incredible potions although the 5/5 one took the cake.

The third game doomsayer on turn 2 ate 3 of his cards. He made a huge mistake. He played tunnel trogg and then coined out southsea deckhand without an answer to doomsayer. So yeah, typical shaman play I think. His coining out southsea deckhand earned him 1 damage. He could have done it almost literally any other turn I think. Made the smallest impact and cost him the game.

Papercuts

Swap off renolock because nothing but pirates into a shaman that destroys them, get a ton of dragon priest and reno decks, swap to renolock against and the first match is pirate warrior again.

sure blizzard.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Swap off renolock because nothing but pirates into a shaman that destroys them, get a ton of dragon priest and reno decks, swap to renolock against and the first match is pirate warrior again.

sure blizzard.

The funny thing about these conspiracy theories is that blizzard is always out to get the theorist specifically and is actively trying to help their opponents.

Papercuts

The funny thing about these conspiracy theories is that blizzard is always out to get the theorist specifically and is actively trying to help their opponents.

I know it doesn't actually make sense but it always seems to happen when I swap off a class getting a bunch of not great matchups and suddenly see all kinds of shit I wasn't all day long.

So I'm playing n'zoth dragon reno priest.

8 ranked games in I haven't played n'zoth once.

But in casual I did get some solid use out of it. In ranked I've had all aggro decks, except for midrange shaman which essentially plays like aggro anyway, and then there was 1 priest whom I just straight up out valued and out tempo'd.

N'zoth exists for control match ups. So maybe it's worth keeping. And there is some cross synergy, chillmaw is a dragon and deathrattle. Chillmaw is a great find off museum curator as a result, whom also synergies with brann. And chillmaw can also be discovered by netherspite historian. Hell... maybe I just cut chillmaw and discover him when he is relevant. It is a solid dragon for activating my dragon synergy cards though.

Cat Party

Priest mirrors are so bonkers right now. Using a drakonid you got from a Netherspite you thoghtstole to discover another drakonid that you use to discover a Kazakus is normal stuff.

haha the only leggy i got so far is madam goya

this seems unplayable unless in some extreme troll deck ala lorewalker cho. i mean i can see how you can set it off, but, i can't think of reliable means for it to be worth it like how you can cheese shit with barnes considering you sacrifice the battlecry....i guess you could make a cheese deck ala barnes/yshaarj, but i don't see it, easy dust, unless anyone's found anything? shit i can't even think of a brawl it'd really do work in...all minions have charge i guess..

also shaky zipgunner is hilarious in this brawl, hunter for life

Can someone show me a good deck to break out of this rank 10ish hell.

I've been here for like 2 years now. -_-

It's been real tough this season. I was stuck at rank 10 much longer than normal due to pirate warriors. I'm still pretty far behind where I typically am, but I'm learning a lot of new decks and experimenting with my own brews so it's not that surprising.

So far, I think renolock is the top deck. So go with renolock.

But also jade idol druid seems strong. Jade rogue seems good as well. Dragon priest. Goons paladin (aggressive archetype), pirate warrior (scum warrior), midrange shaman or aggro shaman.

There really are a lot of decks you can rank up with atm.

manhack

Hearthstone Rule #5:

If you fail to draw a card vital for winning a game, then it will be your very first draw on the next game. Chances to draw this card are increased if the card in question is a terrible top deck at the start of the next game.

molnizzle

play wild, its easier

Disenchanted most wild cards. Needed the dust.

It's been real tough this season. I was stuck at rank 10 much longer than normal due to pirate warriors. I'm still pretty far behind where I typically am, but I'm learning a lot of new decks and experimenting with my own brews so it's not that surprising.

So far, I think renolock is the top deck. So go with renolock.

But also jade idol druid seems strong. Jade rogue seems good as well. Dragon priest. Goons paladin (aggressive archetype), pirate warrior (scum warrior), midrange shaman or aggro shaman.

There really are a lot of decks you can rank up with atm.

I was doing fine with Pirate Warrior yesterday but now everyone has figured it out. One or two early taunts is game over for it. Now I feel stuck.

Never been great with Reno... but I guess I should try to learn. Games last so goddamn long though. lol

that's a shame, its a lot easier to get dust with a lot of wild cards bc wild is easier, and bc tavern brawls, as f2p from now on i'd recommend keeping good classics.

BUT i will say, if you have good standard cards, you can make a good wild deck for quite cheap, the dust to evolve a standard deck to a good wild deck can be just a few hundred since a lot of the wild staples are commons, and most of the standard god tier leggys are still god tier in wild, you just need filler

IC1XGvF.png

first goldy, woot. most of it was done in wild ranked before they nerfed COTW. I had like half a dozen wild homebrew deathrattle hunter decks for months before they nerfed cotw and had easy rank 5's every month with them, about 400 of those wins were with those crazy decks. twas a golden age my friends.

Flamewaker on board vs. Kabal Talonpriest and Twilight Whelp with PW: Shield (4 HP).

I drop Kobold Geomancer and Arcane Missiles.

All 4 missiles kill the Kabal.

One Flamewaker proc hits Whelp (3 HP).

I play another Arcane Missiles.

3 missiles kill the Whelp.

Pooya

new aggro shaman is SS+ tier deck, rip pirate warrior. I don't think pirate warrior will stick around. It's so much harder to counter shaman.

pirate+jade package is the most OP thing in the game since undertaker, hilarious. Turns out jade claws is disgusting with all the synergies. What they were thinking.

Anyone can analyze this game for me?

https://hsreplay.net/replay/cKP5f4nCAvCioYvTK4HqGV

frigging Jade Druid man.. I won the game but feel I not maximize some of the most important card and almost lose, RNG save me

but holy shit the pressure is real

I don't think the sylvanas on curve was very good. If it made him skip his turn, it'd be great, but with drake on board it was pretty weak plus he had 7 mana left over after that.

You also have shadowflame in hand to take care of the board if it goes too south. Plus sylvanas + shadowflame or poweroverwhelming in hand as well. I see why you made that move but I'm not sure if I would have done the same. I think I would have tapped for another card, maybe played brann because I don't think brann is that important vs druid. Maybe play brann and run the imp into drake so if he uses it to trade it's dead and it's also in range of hellfire.

Lets say you waited a turn for sylvanas, it could have really slowed him down. I think that is sylvanas' best usage. Maybe I'm wrong and you would have gotten flooded, but with the hand you had you could have gotten the board back.

After turn 10 looks like you had it on lock down.

Nothing to really comment on other than that. And maybe it was the right play but just a very weak one.

fertygo

new aggro shaman is SS+ tier deck, rip pirate warrior. I don't think pirate warrior will stick around. It's so much harder to counter shaman.

pirate+jade package is the most OP thing in the game since undertaker, hilarious. Turns out jade claws is disgusting with all the synergies. What they were thinking.

Not really, its better than pirate for sure.. but since tuskarr nerf aggro shaman revert to classic burn deck, that can had really awkward starting hand

its tier 1 for sure, but its much counter-able than pre MSG mid shaman

I just almost threw a mirror match against renolock when I accidentally played combo with 1 short of mana. I just assumed I had 10 mana cause the game felt so long. The funny thing is it wasn't even the first dumb thing I did that match. Well, maybe not dumb but I dirty rat on turn 4 and got his mountain giant. But I had a 2/2 and 3/2 on board so after trading it was down to 1 health for mortal coil... which he healed but I had hellfire coil so it was... okay.

Then he dirty rat and got my abyssal enforcer... better pull but it handed me tempo. A dumb move on his part. Perhaps dumber than my dirty rat.

I ended up winning because his reno wasn't in his top 20 cards. In the end jaraxxus was an 8 mana deal 3 damage to win the game.

Papercuts

Yeah I've been using this to fuck pirate warriors. It's been super effective when I actually get them, but it definitely struggles more in the reno fights.

Jade claws has been super good in that deck. Turns out you can match the absolutly absurd warrior hands with stuff like buccaneer coin tunnel trogg into that. 2/2 weapon, 3/2, 2/3, and two 1/1s on turn 2...so dumb.

Win 7 games in any mode quest = play old adventures to see how new decks break it

just had a genius idea... play dirty rat in rogue and play it after playing patient assassin

e: daring reporter against bosses that draw a lot of cards lol

fertygo

I don't think the sylvanas on curve was very good. If it made him skip his turn, it'd be great, but with drake on board it was pretty weak plus he had 7 mana left over after that.

You also have shadowflame in hand to take care of the board if it goes too south. Plus sylvanas + shadowflame or poweroverwhelming in hand as well. I see why you made that move but I'm not sure if I would have done the same. I think I would have tapped for another card, maybe played brann because I don't think brann is that important vs druid. Maybe play brann and run the imp into drake so if he uses it to trade it's dead and it's also in range of hellfire.

Lets say you waited a turn for sylvanas, it could have really slowed him down. I think that is sylvanas' best usage. Maybe I'm wrong and you would have gotten flooded, but with the hand you had you could have gotten the board back.

After turn 10 looks like you had it on lock down.

Nothing to really comment on other than that. And maybe it was the right play but just a very weak one.

yeah you made great point about sylvanas play, I don't see that, I just think if he hit for 5 its fine, made me closer to combo range but I guess its still too far to think about that

Yeah, Patches need a hotfix at this point.
He is easily undertaker level.

I would like to see him require 2 or 3 pirates on board at the same time. I just think it's really dumb that you just play him in just about any deck that fits a few pirates in it. "Pirate" shaman shouldn't be a thing if it's just running what like 4 pirates not including patches?

Luffy is crying right now.

fertygo

Yeah I've been using this to fuck pirate warriors. It's been super effective when I actually get them, but it definitely struggles more in the reno fights.

Jade claws has been super good in that deck. Turns out you can match the absolutly absurd warrior hands with stuff like buccaneer coin tunnel trogg into that. 2/2 weapon, 3/2, 2/3, and two 1/1s on turn 2...so dumb.

You can really had awful hand with that deck tho, watching purple stream that deck now

very often lose because his hand is all weapon or all spell

never a trouble with mid shaman

Q8D3vil

I would like to see him require 2 or 3 pirates on board at the same time. I just think it's really dumb that you just play him in just about any deck that fits a few pirates in it. "Pirate" shaman shouldn't be a thing if it's just running what like 4 pirates not including patches?

Luffy is crying right now.

I also noticed that Kor'kron Elite is one of the high damage charge minions that didnt get nerfed. It was ok before when pirate early game was manageable and inconsistent, but it feels broken right now.

Pooya

yeah, Kor'kron elite is pretty much better old arcane golem.

and I'm not sure why warrior has fireballs to begin with, what's the "class identity" supposed to be again? It's not about mortal strike being a good card or bad card, it's about why warrior even has such a thing at all. Warrior has all the best weapons, why you have burn spells in here? It's a problem with classic set again.

how does fandral work again? I had an azure drake on board w/ fandral. Priest plays drakonid operative and Im like okay I got a wrath in hand. Play the wrath thinking its gonna do six dmg b/c of the drake but it only does 5, and Im like wtf. Am I missing something here

fertygo

how does fandral work again? I had an azure drake on board w/ fandral. Priest plays drakonid operative and Im like okay I got a wrath in hand. Play the wrath thinking its gonna do six dmg b/c of the drake but it only does 5, and Im like wtf. Am I missing something here

3 + 1 + spell damage + 1 = 5

its always work like that

yeah, Kor'kron elite is pretty much better old arcane golem.

and I'm not sure why warrior has fireballs to begin with, what's the "class identity" supposed to be again? It's not about mortal strike being a good card or bad card, it's about why warrior even has such a thing at all. Warrior has all the best weapons, why you have burn spells in here? It's a problem with classic set again.

Mortal strike is a fine card imo. It's one of the cooler classic burn spells because of the bonus damage requirement. Shadowverse took the concept and made an entire class out of it. I think hearthstone actually does it better because of armor not counting towards health total.

I think they should print more cards like mortal strike, not necessarily burn though.

it's not 4+2? Man I havent played druid in forever then.

It's basically 3 damage or 1 damage, plus spell power. And with fandral on board change that 'or' to 'and'. I remember thinking it might hit for 6 the first time I played it though.

KuroNeeko

first goldy, woot. most of it was done in wild ranked before they nerfed COTW. I had like half a dozen wild homebrew deathrattle hunter decks for months before they nerfed cotw and had easy rank 5's every month with them, about 400 of those wins were with those crazy decks. twas a golden age my friends.

ASTOUNDING!

Congrats, mayne! ; )

IceMarker

Got a Warrior quest and don't want to complete it because I lack the new Taunt synergy cards, Control Warrior sucks, and I don't want to be a scum Pirate Warrior (and I don't have Patches).

KuroNeeko

Got a Warrior quest and don't want to complete it because I lack the new Taunt synergy cards, Control Warrior sucks, and I don't want to be a scum Pirate Warrior (and I don't have Patches).

Patron Doppleganger Buff action, mayne!

Obsidian Guardian BUFF MADNESS!

BUFF MURLOC WARRIOR WITH FINJA!
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD!

3 + 1 + spell damage + 1 = 5

its always work like that

What about Greater Arcane Missiles?

Is it (3+1) x 3 or (3 x 3) + 1?

Gonna go check this right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom