• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Yeah, but VLPS was super lucky to get that insanely OP card Devolve at the end there to save him.

What's that you say? It didn't save him? And Devolve isn't OP? But Reddit told me it was!

Yeah, but VLPS was super lucky to get that insanely OP card Devolve at the end there to save him.

What's that you say? It didn't save him? And Devolve isn't OP? But Reddit told me it was!
I got absolutely destroyed by a control devolve shaman
in this week's tavern brawl.

Pooya

burgle n'zoth jade rogue choked hard every game, who would have thought! even those it won, it was so close to losing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am thinking that madam goya is good for an n'zoth deck that runs barnes. You don't lose anything by doing it unless the barnes'ed death rattle is great for the situation it was summoned in. Oh ya, and for getting 2 reno/kazakus uses.

I don't think Madam Goya can ever escape the contradictory position she naturally is in. You want to bounce back strong battlecries like Reno/Kazakus for strong board presence cards like Rag or Syl.

Which means those powerful battlecry minions are really bad to pull in the game. In many cases you can't play her and risk pulling nzoth/reno/kazakus since that will lose you the game on the spot in many matchups. And if you have no board she's a really badly statted 6 drop.

She just seems like a dumb meme deck card. There will be times you pull off really strong bounces but she can't really perform consistently.

Tacitus_

Playing a shaman to get my shaman wins quest done. I face a reno dragon priest, who drops Operative and guess what he discovers? My fucking Harrison. I was already on the ropes thanks to an abysmal start while he had the best case scenario but that...

isSvR0E.gif

wiibomb

Playing a shaman to get my shaman wins quest done. I face a reno dragon priest, who drops Operative and guess what he discovers? My fucking Harrison. I was already on the ropes thanks to an abysmal start while he had the best case scenario but that...

isSvR0E.gif

I discovered 2 times a Tirion from my opponent... and that while I had Ysera, Nefarion and second Ysera from my Netherspite Historian

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

isSvR0E.gif

I lost as renolock vs. dragon priest due to him getting faceless and leeroy from operatives while I was Jaraxxus.

Lost another where the priest dropped a deathwing dragonlord that he discovered, which after I killed put another one plus ysera into play.

Those discover cards just blow games out sometimes.

Thinking about dusting a golden Malkorok to make a Fandral. I know shiny legendaries aren't exactly common but I never use the bugger and the fact I can get a 1-for-1 swap for a card I'd actually use is very tempting...

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Thinking about dusting a golden Malkorok to make a Fandral. I know shiny legendaries aren't exactly common but I never use the bugger and the fact I can get a 1-for-1 swap for a card I'd actually use is very tempting...

Keeping golden cards for the sake of golden cards is a luxury for the dust rich.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

I dusted my never used Golden Soggoth to make an Aya. No Ragrets.

manhack

The meta isn't dramatically different this last 24 hours. Warriors going face, Aggro shamans getting in on the game and Warlock still cruising along.

I wonder how things would look if patches gets nerfed and shaman gets a nerf somewhere.

Would there even be a viable aggro deck at that point? Would Warlock rule the roost? Rogue, Mage and Hunter could find a place to shine in a Warlock meta game.

Paladin just sucks.

Tacitus_

I probably should dust my golden corrupted Hogger (and Cho'Gall, but that might become good in a Reno deck at some point) and craft something else, but I can't decide what. Maybe Kazakus or a classic dragon.

What would you say about a 13/13 can't be targeted by heroes, battlecry take control of your opponent's next turn they get an extra turn afterwards for 7? And also it deals the difference between life and power to the hero.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Who needs Sacrificial Pact when you have Evolved Kobold + Greater Arcane Missiles

Haven't laughed so hard from this game in a long time. I was so stressed playing it, hoping for just one of the missiles to hit face in order to set up a pyroblast after he pops my block. Then all of a sudden, bam, bam, bam and he was dead.

Hearthstone and Duelyst have both been doing this "0 mana minion" thing recently, and I am really not a fan of it. I don't see how things like Arcane Giant can be balanced in any way.

Arcane giant is much more balanced than TFB at least. It doesn't have taunt and requires a high density of spells so a huge chunk of your deck is worked around making it efficient.

isSvR0E.gif

Love the salt from shaman aimed at priest.

Who though more highlander stuff was a good idea, games take forever. Here's some aoe, free hero power heals, heal to full, a guy that makes aoe spells and res' a couple guys. Like the deck is still beatable but I preferred when it was only warriors I had to deal 70 damage to.

Just hit my first 12 win run in MSG, those last few games are always so tense but man I'm having a blast. Arena meta seems pretty nice to me so far, less emphasis on curving out means fewer blowouts.

fertygo

I still think the current aggro shaman is the weakest aggro shaman incarnation since standard rotation

like those pirate card and jade card is way weaker card than tuskarr pre-nerf and thing from below

If that deck is tier 1 its just means the current power level still very low

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Who though more highlander stuff was a good idea, games take forever. Here's some aoe, free hero power heals, heal to full, a guy that makes aoe spells and res' a couple guys. Like the deck is still beatable but I preferred when it was only warriors I had to deal 70 damage to.

Play decks that don't have finite amounts of damage and it's not a problem. Decks that run out of gas are usually degenerate in some fashion so I'm fine with Reno decks being at the top of the meta.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Play decks that don't have finite amounts of damage and it's not a problem. Decks that run out of gas are usually degenerate in some fashion so I'm fine with Reno decks being at the top of the meta.

Reno mage seems to have a real problem of running out of damage.

ZealousD

Reno mage seems to have a real problem of running out of damage.

If some Reno Mage is running out of damage that usually means the Reno Mage is doing nothing bu trying to extend the game into fatigue. Hence, it is degenerate in some fashion, like I said.

If a Reno deck is smartly built, it will include ways to close out the game beyond just trying to exhaust the opponent's burn.

every deck but jade druid has finite damage or every deck has infinite damage if they have a threat left unchecked. What you're talking about is a sort of average damage ceiling.

Like I said I won that game since my opponent wasted his singular entomb on my lightlord and I don't have issues with playing midrange decks but I don't enjoy having to play forever to eke out a win.

ZeroX03

Banned
Patches doesn't really win games, he's not OP in that way, but he just immediately elevates the deck and makes it more consistent. It'd probably still be a fine deck to ladder with but drop off in consistency. If they start with Small Time and a War Axe the opening swing is still very scary.

ZealousD

every deck but jade druid has finite damage or every deck has infinite damage if they have a threat left unchecked. What you're talking about is a sort of average damage ceiling.

Some decks like Freeze Mage, Miracle Rogue, Aggro Shaman, and even Tempo Mage to an extent have so few threats that it's relatively easy to check the few threats that they do generate. They win mostly through types of burn and burst damage. If you can survive their burst, you survive their deck. Other decks like zoo or aggro paladin run a whole bunch of little wienies and run out of gas quickly if the wienies are answered early. So essentially, these decks have a "finite" amount of damage, and realistically can never claim to have infinite damage. Their threats are few or tiny.

Midrange decks run enough meaty threats that they cannot all be answered because generally, nobody can actually run that many answers. So they don't really have finite damage. A midrange decks looks at Reno, says "that's cute, grats on buying a turn or two, but you still have to answer the fundamental problem, which are my threats on the board". If you are actually playing a midrange deck against a Reno deck you really don't have cause to complain. A midrange deck should be able to close out a game much earlier than "forever", even with a Reno heal.

squidyj

The funny thing about these conspiracy theories is that blizzard is always out to get the theorist specifically and is actively trying to help their opponents.

this is because reality is a simulation, we aren't actually playing against anyone.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think patches definitely wins games.

Patches is very rarely a huge swing, A War Axe is going to have a much bigger impact overall.

Patches is OP because you don't have to draw or pay for him. He's going to have his one or two points of damage and deck thinning 9/10 games unless he's in your opening hand. That's guaranteed value, and there's not really any other card to compare him with.

Dahbomb

Patches doesn't really win games, he's not OP in that way, but he just immediately elevates the deck and makes it more consistent. It'd probably still be a fine deck to ladder with but drop off in consistency. If they start with Small Time and a War Axe the opening swing is still very scary.
Patches definitely has elevated the with rate of Pirate Warrior and Aggro Shaman. It is without question a game winning card.

People talking about how dead Hunter is right nkw, if they got a free Duskboar charger at the start if every game suddenly you would see them all over too.

Patches effects are far more insidious than how War Axe impacts a game. Free chip in an aggro decks goes a long way and so does a massive early game advantage.

ZeroX03

Banned
Patches definitely has elevated the with rate of Pirate Warrior. It is without question a game winning card.

People talking about how dead Hunter is right nkw, if they got a free Duskboar charger at the start if every game suddenly you would see them all over too.

I'm talking about board impact kind of winning.

Like I said, Patches' strength comes from raising consistency overall.

ZealousD

If Patches can decide the fate of a single early game trade, that's very often game winning. Getting favorable early game trades can snowball into getting much bigger advantages down the line.

I get the biggest patches swings from Patches giving me free trades.
Some decks like Freeze Mage, Miracle Rogue, Aggro Shaman, and even Tempo Mage to an extent have so few threats that it's relatively easy to check the few threats that they do generate. They win mostly through types of burn and burst damage. If you can survive their burst, you survive their deck. Other decks like zoo or aggro paladin run a whole bunch of little wienies and run out of gas quickly if the wienies are answered early. So essentially, these decks have a "finite" amount of damage, and realistically can never claim to have infinite damage. Their threats are few or tiny.

Midrange decks run enough meaty threats that they cannot all be answered because generally, nobody can actually run that many answers. So they don't really have finite damage. A midrange decks looks at Reno, says "that's cute, grats on buying a turn or two, but you still have to answer the fundamental problem, which are my threats on the board". If you are actually playing a midrange deck against a Reno deck you really don't have cause to complain. A midrange deck should be able to close out a game much earlier than "forever", even with a Reno heal.
I don't understand why you are talking about the capability to deal lethal damage when my complaint is how long it takes to close the deal.
Freeze Mage can actually 30-->0 you if you give them time and have no armor generation.

With Reno decks right now it's not just Reno heal it's the abundance of boardclears and Kazakus in addition to the Reno heal that prolongs games just so much that you still feel and can actually win that you don't wanna outright concede.

Dahbomb

I'm talking about board impact kind of winning.

Like I said, Patches' strength comes from raising consistency overall.
It is absolutely board impact winning, you are starting off with one extra body on the board that has initiative. Like Patches might have killed off Fiery bat from the meta completely because it kills it for free with no tempo or card loss.

At turn 1 an extra 1/1 stat with charge is monstrous. Just look at things objectively and mathematically, it's really not hard to see how this card is so strong.

Like a 4 mana 7/7 on turn 4 with no drawback/overload is WORSE than a 1/1 charger for free at the start of the game. That's how much things matter in the super early game. Like playing an aggro deck into Pirate Warrior with no Patches of your own? God damn forget about it son!

ZeroX03

Banned
It is absolutely board impact winning, you are starting off with one extra body on the board that has initiative. Like Patches might have killed off Fiery bat from the meta completely because it kills it for free with no tempo or card loss.

At turn 1 an extra 1/1 stat with charge is monstrous. Just look at things objectively and mathematically, it's really not hard to see how this card is so strong.

Do you actually have the stats on this?

Patches is very rarely a huge swing, A War Axe is going to have a much bigger impact overall.

Patches is OP because you don't have to draw or pay for him. He's going to have his one or two points of damage and deck thinning 9/10 games unless he's in your opening hand. That's guaranteed value, and there's not really any other card to compare him with.

It's not face damage that makes him win games, although he does get that as well, it's his ability to seize control of the board which is obviously incredibly important in an aggressive deck. I've had turn 1 doomsayers beaten because of patches 1 additional damage. Great turn 1 openers like mistress of mixtures pales in comparison to playing first mate that summons a 1/3 weapon and a patches to trade into the mistress of mixtures.

It often guarantees control of the board vs many 1 drops essentially. That's a very huge swing when your opponent hits the board first but you get control of the game the very next turn without spending any real resources... how is that not a big impact? That's like the hugest impact.

Nobody really gives a shit that he thins your deck by 1. The broken part is the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom