• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's not face damage that makes him win games, although he does get that as well, it's his ability to seize control of the board which is obviously incredibly important in an aggressive deck. I've had turn 1 doomsayers beaten because of patches 1 additional damage. Great turn 1 openers like mistress of mixtures pales in comparison to playing first mate that summons a 1/3 weapon and a patches to trade into the mistress of mixtures.

It often guarantees control of the board vs many 1 drops essentially. That's a very huge swing when your opponent hits the board first but you get control of the game the very next turn without spending any real resources... how is that not a big impact? That's like the hugest impact.

After 50 or so games with Patches, the amount of times he's taken out a Doomsayer or a taunt or something has been maybe three games. Granted I'm not seeing a lot of Fiery Bats so he'd be a lot more helpful there.

Like I said, I think he's very strong, I just think you're overplaying his impact. His strength comes from dealing a little extra damage, having an extra body, thinning the deck and doing it all for free. The biggest strength in Patches is the consistency, not impact.

No, the stats on Patches specifically. That's meaningless when Small Time is also a huge addition to the deck.

Dahbomb

Two classes that are now running Patches in their best and most popular deck online have the highest win rate percentages.

If that's not proof then I don't know what is. Only Blizzard has individual card stats like that and they are not going to come forward and support the notion that the card is busted.

Patches comes down more often than Smalltime (unless you are going to ask receipts for that too) so its impact is far higher than Smalltime..

fertygo

Reynad on point explaining why patches is broken

He's resource out of fucking nowhere, he not even a "card"

this the broken thing about it

ZeroX03

Banned
Two classes that are now running Patches in their best and most popular deck online have the highest win rate percentages.

If that's not proof then I don't know what is. Only Blizzard has individual card stats like that and they are not going to come forward and support the notion that the card is busted.

That's not how proof works. Plus I've already said Patches is broken.

People are trying to give examples of how Patches give big swings which is not how he's broken. That doesn't actually happen all that often. He's not make or breaking Doomsayer kills that often. It's that there's no cost to him. You can make an aggro deck that's still very strong without him, but he's consistently going to be giving you a small bit of value. It's that free value that adds up over time. You can't put him in a bad deck and suddenly win. Pirate Warrior still has to have to a strong base, that's just made stronger through Patches.

Dahbomb

What a ton of people have been saying in this thread since the day it was shown but people cannot grasp that concept. It's like the stream monsters on Twitch saying "lul banning a 1 1/1 lul" without understanding why. Yet these are the same people who thought Prince Machezaar was godlike when it was first shown.

Not aimed at anyone specifically but I do see other people including people IRL who can't realize how powerful Patches actually is.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
For Warrior specifically he makes it more likely to enable their 3 drop which is a big deal. Plus from my experience he tends to do ~4 or so damage for free since the other cards being played are bigger threats.

There's a big difference in the small-time -> war axe opener if, say, a druid can just living roots the 1/2 and have a clear board. In slower matches patches get in damage for free which for aggro is huge. Any mana spent dealing with him is a big negative.

In aggro mirrors he can get value trades out of nowhere. Flame imp, which forever and always has been the premiere class one drop, now loses do a warrior just playing nzoths first mate since you get two 1 damage split pings.

It's kinda crazy to me he is literally stonetusk boar. While that isn't normally a card you put in your deck, an aggro deck on the coin basically has innervate if they coin two one drops and pull patches.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Actually, hsreplay.net probably has the stats on this as well. That's how Disguised Toast was able to do his video on Animal Companion.

fertygo

What a ton of people have been saying in this thread since the day it was shown but people cannot grasp that concept. It's like the stream monsters on Twitch saying "lul banning a 1 1/1 lul" without understanding why. Yet these are the same people who thought Prince Machezaar was godlike when it was first shown.

Not aimed at anyone specifically but I do see other people including people IRL who can't realize how powerful Patches actually is.

Thanks god blizz very likely nerf that shit, I think they really really underestimate it, they thought like yahhhhh its ok we made so many anti-aggro this time and maybe even too much so let throw this

the community already hate it, blizz always listening, but they slow af, but patches definitely gonna get changed

ZealousD

Remember during Karazhan when even some pros were like "Why would you run Babbling Book? You don't want some random spell. You want a spell you would put in your deck."

People vastly underestimate the power of an extra 1/1 in the early game.

Salex_

Finally have time to play after a busy week and my first game is this....
4JJsESn.jpg
This is turn 1....How exactly is this fair? Where's the interaction?

I don't even want to use Priest but how are Rogue and Paladin suppose to compete with this bullshit?

fertygo

I don't even want to use Priest but how are Rogue and Paladin suppose to compete with this bullshit?

Rogue can run same shit which kinda why they still ok-ish

I think actually Hunter is the worst class to can deal shit like that, I actually run face secret hunter with alley cat thinking maybe its can answer that turn 1

its fucking not

which why no one play hunter now

Salex_

Rogue can run same shit which kinda why they still ok-ish

I think actually Hunter is the worst class to can deal shit like that, I actually run face secret hunter with alley cat thinking maybe its can answer that turn 1

its fucking not

which why no one play hunter now

Oh, you're talking about that Pirate Rogue deck? I haven't seen anyone use it yet. I can't imagine it being as oppressive as Pirate Warrior.

Yeah, Hunter is probably going to be the new Priest tier. I haven't played against a single Hunter this expansion. I even against more Paladins than Hunter...with a grand total of 1.

Papercuts

By doing the same bullshit. Buccaneer + patches works with any cheap weapon so any deck that can use one can basically make a dumbass aggro deck now.

I’m finally doing better with that Chansey deck. I replaced Curator with Confessor Paletress. CP works good with it. Raza>Garrison Commander>Confessor gets you two legendaries per turn. Getting things like King Krush and Rag is hilarious.

Dahbomb

Rogue and Paladin can play the package too. Paladin has Light's Justice, Argent Lance and Divine Blade (3 3/3) for early game weapons. Theybalso have other broken aggro cards like Divine Favor which people are going to remember why it made nerf lists before.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man, there's absolutely nothing to add to Kibler's old Dragon Priest for wild in this expansion. It got a pretty nice upgrade with Medivh's Valet last expansion, but that's kinda it. Maybe Dirty Rat or Mistress of Mixtures, but the deck doesn't have that much flexibility.

Also, what the hell is Kabal Lackey for? I've been trying to make a deck for it, but it feels like it's just a strictly worse version of Kirin Tor Mage. It's not like any of the secrets are worth playing turn 1. Cheating out Kabal Crystal Runner or Avian Watcher earlier could be nice, but neither of those cards are that insane even in the best circumstances.

fertygo

Face Hunter playing must've cryin they don't have 1-2 weapon to use now

Or they can crush these tryhard face wannabes lmao

He is better than that. It is a resource out of nowhere that also thins out your deck, even if it is just one card.

Papercuts

Face Hunter playing must've cryin they don't have 1-2 weapon to use now

Or they can crush these tryhard face wannabes lmao

On the other hand we are so fucked if blizzard gives hunter an early weapon in the next year+.

So that's fun.

Levi

Banned
The meta tier lists, when they come, are going to be fairly interesting. New meta

I'm predicting tier one is going to be:

1. Aggro Shaman
2. Midrange Jade Shaman
3. Reno Lock

and in Tier two:
4. Pirate Warrior
5. Jade Druid
6. Dragon Priest

With everything else below these.

And Tier Paladin below even those decks.

Dahbomb

If we are talking VS tier list then Pirate Warrior is going to be tier 1. It's going to be PW, some Shaman deck with Patches and Renolock. That's based on their own stats of percentage on ladder and win percentages, I doubt they will ignore their own stuff.

Jade Druid is #4 on representation on high Legend by most accounts (and I guess by their ranking too) and it does alright but it still feels there is no deck list refined to the meta. I still think low Jades, heavy spell cycle is the way to go.

Tempostorm is going to make Renolock the #1 deck because Reynad has been praising it through the roof. PW might not make tier 1 there but Aggro Shaman for sure will.

manhack

My issue with pirate warrior is that I've had 6 out of 11 games vs. Pirate Warrior and while I don't mind running counter decks I'm trying to knock out some quests and it has been rough.

V-Faction

Is Dragon Priest referring to the all-Dragon Priest deck or the Reno/Dragon Priest deck variant? Which might actually be different from Reno-Priest? I dunno? HALP.

fertygo

So.. uhh yeah, that aggro shaman list without doomhammer is pretty legit

hs4NgMl.png

pretty sure I reach rank 5 today for sure with this.. I won't downplaying it again lul

but renolock reck me

ZealousD

Guys don't say thin out deck.

Reynad gets triggered by it.

I understood his point that Patches making a 30 card deck into a 29 card deck is not the reason that Patches is powerful. But it is like point #4 on why it's good. Just a tiny bonus. Like if he was the 31st card in your deck it's not like we'd be seeing less of him than we see now.

Dahbomb

So.. uhh yeah, that aggro shaman list without doomhammer is pretty legit

hs4NgMl.png

pretty sure I reach rank 5 today for sure with this.. I won't downplaying it again lul

but renolock reck me
Those 2 and 3 minute games... absolutely filthy stats there.

Papercuts

Nah Patches already nerfed by then

If there's one thing I've learned from HS it's to never expect blizzard to actually nerf things and if they do it'll take way longer than it should.

Please look forward to next expansion bringing a 5 mana 4/3 with battlecry kill a pirate.

Those 2 and 3 minute games... absolutely filthy stats there.

As much as I like renolock HS ladder still has the same issues it always did. When I have a near 20 minute match against a priest then get the win wiped out in 5 turns against some hyper aggro I just wonder why I'm not doing that too.

This aggro Shaman used all of his Doomhammer charges trading with my board even though I was clearly a midrange deck. Not sure what he was thinking but I'll take it.

KuroNeeko

I finally got my first Gadgetzan legendary: White Eyes.

I was going to let me first legendary influence my first craft, since I only have enough dust (probably) for one. Now I'm thinking I'll just go Aya Blackpaw.

If it had been Raza or Kazakus, I probably would have crafted the other just so I could take Reno Priest up to 500 wins.

I love N'zoth decks (primarily priest and rogue) and have been enjoying the Jade decks as well, but have the sinking feeling that they're going to be somewhere around tier three. Like...maybe aggro Jade shaman or spell Jade druid may make tier two, but Reno Lock and pure Aggro is going to be too much.

What do you all think? Is there a future for Jade? Has Blizzard made any comment that they'll continue to support factions past Gadgetzan--or is this going to be like C'thun and Whispers of the Old God. Do you think it should be?

fertygo

If there's one thing I've learned from HS it's to never expect blizzard to actually nerf things and if they do it'll take way longer than it should.

Please look forward to next expansion bringing a 5 mana 4/3 with battlecry kill a pirate.

Really if anything especially recently show blizz always try to please community despite they might kinda slow at it, but some hotfix is fast

- The nerf hit most of community checklist
- Some arena hotfix
- Delaying Heroic TB
- Pack compensation

We can expect the nerf gonna slow as usual but its coming for sure

As much as I like renolock HS ladder still has the same issues it always did. When I have a near 20 minute match against a priest then get the win wiped out in 5 turns against some hyper aggro I just wonder why I'm not doing that too.

Nah.. if I'm not just checking new hotness to learn the matchup or doing quest, I always rather play deck that I comfortable, laddering gonna be fast anyway if I had the winrate

Q8D3vil

There is no fucking way they are letting reno rotate without having plans for a similar effect.
I highly doubt they printed Kabal cards to last for 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom