• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
from this list I don't have Aya or White Eyes... how necessary are they? Specially White Eyes, I've been thinking I might need to craft the 3 family heads

Yeah, like other people have said, Aya is better in this list. A second chieftain sounds good, or pretty much any of the broken Shaman cards tbh.

f0lken

People really having trouble with warlock as shaman?

gnah7hB.png

I posted this yesterday and I am 19-1 against renolock, it may seem not that impressive of a deck, but don´t sleep on the golems as being evolution targets. The match is not a short one but is a clear one in your favor. Pirate warrior is a biggest threat but it still is a winnable match

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

gnah7hB.png

I posted this yesterday and I am 19-1 against renolock, it may seem not that impressive of a deck, but don´t sleep on the golems as being evolution targets. The match is not a short one but is a clear one in your favor. Pirate warrior is a biggest threat but it still is a winnable match

This seems super greedy. I don't know how you stay alive past turn 5 against pirate warrior.

Dahbomb

Leeroy + Faceless combo isn't going to be good after the rotation with Emperor gone.

In fact with Reno Jackson, Refreshment Vendor, Brann, and Emperor gone... Renolock is going to feel a lot weaker. Less big heals and combos to stabilize and win the game off of. Though if they add a couple of strong heals in the spring expansion then a Control Warlock becomes playable again.

I am not sure you still run a highlander Warlock deck with just Kazakus as the main reason for running it. Maybe Blizzard keeps committing to the Highlander Demon archetype and Warlock has incentive to use Krul in the future.

fertygo

Dragon warrior finally can farm aggro shaman again

feel we gonna back to midrange meta again soon

Pirate Warrior evolved to Dragon Warrior with Patches, aggro shaman just revert to jade mid shaman

molnizzle

Yeah, like other people have said, Aya is better in this list. A second chieftain sounds good, or pretty much any of the broken Shaman cards tbh.

Getting wrecked with this deck against Dragon Priest btw. Maybe I'm just playing poorly, but I feel like I just can't keep up with the combos. Deck has no early game pressure if you don't draw Tunnel + Totem after mulligan.

Dahbomb

Yeah I have heard some top players say that the Kun + Aviana combo decks are kinda legit. Though it remains to determined which particular combo will win out in the end (Malygos combo or Cthun combo).

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I saw that and it inspired me to try evolve shaman for myself. It's insane how good Doppelgangster is with evolve. It's funny Grimey Goons deck have to play multiple slow cards just to get it up above 5/5, and Shaman can get them above 5/5 with a single 1 mana card.

My version gets rid of the jade golems in favor of more midrangy cards to fit in Thing from Below, and a Call in the Finishers/Everyfin is Awesome combo.

This seems super greedy. I don't know how you stay alive past turn 5 against pirate warrior.

Seems like a lot of low cost board clears and anti-agro minions. I guess it doesn't have the trogg + Totem golem start, but they're not really that great, since weapons can kill them.

Feral Spirits are the one card I might try to add in if I really wanted to destroy Pirate Warrior, but it's probably good enough as it is.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I have heard some top players say that the Kun + Aviana combo decks are kinda legit. Though it remains to determined which particular combo will win out in the end (Malygos combo or Cthun combo).

I have not run into this deck yet so I can't really comment on it but it seems janky AF.

Though I don't have Kun yet, so doesn't really matter to me.

f0lken

You mulligan hard for mistress of mixtures, dirty rat, lightning bolt, claws and board clearers, waterspeakers is also pretty great, but yes, warrior is a really tought match

EDIT: Holy fuck! Jade claws work with Bran! I´ve never even thought of that!

Dahbomb

Brann is seeing a ton of play in this expansion.

All the tri class tribes want him in their deck. Only decks that don't run it are Pirates/aggro decks.

wiibomb

You mulligan hard for mistress of mixtures, dirty rat, lightning bolt, claws and board clearers, waterspeakers is also pretty great, but yes, warrior is a really tought match

EDIT: Holy fuck! Jade claws work with Bran! I´ve never even thought of that!

I'm so sure I'll forget that interaction

Re: the jade Druid deck, how the hell do you get through turns 1 to 5 ? I'm getting steamrollered unless I draw every ramp card in my deck.

I'm having more luck with Jade Shaman, though.Their anti-aggro AoE is a godsend...

Dahbomb

You have Wrath, Innervate, Feral Fage, Swipe and Living Roots for early game. And of course the ramp spells. Don't be afraid to play Jade Idol turn 1 as a 1/1 either.

Kettch

I've played both a lot and Cthun seems strictly better.

The different pieces are Malygos/Faceless/Alex/at least one spell and C'thun/Brann/Panda/2x Arakkoa. Everything else can be the same.

Generally the Arakkoa's can be played on curve just fine, so they aren't really combo pieces as they're very solid cards on their own. You can even innervate them out to buy a ton of time. Brann can be a solid play on curve against aggressive decks just to clean stuff up. C'thun can often be played on it's own whenever you're in trouble to clear minions and put down a big body, if you don't think you have enough time to combo. You can also use all of your removal in the C'thun version without any worries about saving a swipe (or putting an otherwise not useful Starfire in the deck).

The only substantial thing the Malygos version has going for it is the potential for Alex to heal yourself back up. Any situations where I was desperate enough to faceless something else didn't work out at all. And Malygos was never good unless it killed the opponent.

Basically, the C'thun deck has a lot more outs if you don't make it to the full combo.

Shinypogs

Is there a safe/reliable 3rd party app that can keep track of my whole collection so I could get new deck building suggestions from people based on what I already have?

I like brann a lot but at least in rogue jade golem I have a hard time justifying him. In my shadowstep version he was pretty baller. It wasn't difficult getting 2 or 3 things to get double battlecry. But the deck felt too inconsistent.

I still want to try including shadowstep in a jade golem deck, though when including them I want to include novice engineers and then brann as well and it takes more than a simple rework of the deck once you want to include that many cards.

e:
Made this deck pre-release, haven't tested it yet but I have played decks similar to it. http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/684782-zero-spell-jade-golems

Ronabo

I got destroyed by a Rogue jade deck. She used shadowstep on Aya and went off filling the board on like turn 6.

Peléo

I don't think Evolve has really good synergy with Jade Golens, unless you use them for health recovery. Jade golens are (X) X/X, while the average minion of a certain cost is normally (Y) Y-1/Y. So when you evolve a Jade Golem, you are essentially getting the same thing.

Additionally, Shaman Overload mechanic has negative synergy with Evolve. Totems are good though. Same for Jade Spirit or Chieftain work.

f0lken

Peléo;226314425 said:
I don't think Evolve has really good synergy with Jade Golens, unless you use them for health recovery. Jade golens are (X) X/X, while the average minion of a certain cost is normally (Y) Y-1/Y. So when you evolve a Jade Golem, you are essentially getting the same thing.

Additionally, Shaman Overload mechanic has negative synergy with Evolve. Totems are good though. Same for Jade Spirit or Chieftain work.

Is both a health recovery and most of the time you get a better minion than a vanilla X/X, also it makes your jade spirits better than a useless 2/3, I only have 2 minions with overload (waterspeakers) so that also Works in favor of evolving the golems, you use your overload spells and upgrade cheaply to better minions

Finalow

Like I said, Patches' strength comes from raising consistency overall.
that's not it. you think he gets played because of consistency instead of because he's able to impact the board in exchange for nothing but it's pretty much the opposite.

playing with a 29 cards deck instead of 30 makes barely any difference in games ending after 5 turns. if you do the actual math you'll realize he's basically useless in that regard. his real strength is that he gets played for free, 0 resources spent. you don't use mana or a card from your hand, which is a really big deal if played early game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I can't believe I'm saying this but...

Unlicensed Apothecary is good... it is really good in DiscoDemonLock

Leeroy hasn't scared people off from using that card yet? The only thing I keep hearing about that card is how much it keeps backfiring.

wiibomb

Leeroy hasn't scared people off from using that card yet? The only thing I keep hearing about that card is how much it keeps backfiring.

it has saved my game 2 times in a row now... I usually use it just in case of emergency

it can totally backfire instantly with leeroy, but I haven found even 1 yet, and the opponent find it hard to kill when it is boosted by a Demonfire or a Bloodfury potion or even risking health with a Defender of Argus.

I found that it can be a real pain for an opponent thinking I do not have anything else or that it can live and I'll just kill myself

Finalow

Dirty rat appears to be real good in control paladin.

I think I need to craft another one.
I really like that card, it can be good in a lot of decks and win you the game on the spot if played correctly, especially against Reno decks.
it might seem a completely random card but it's actually more skill-based because you have to get a read on your opponent's hand and find the best time to play him.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I really like that card, it can be good in a lot of decks and win you the game on the spot if played correctly, especially against Reno decks.
it might seem a completely random card but it's actually more skill-based because you have to get a read on your opponent's hand and find the best time to play him.

building a bit of a board and then having a warlock play dirty rat into twisting nether is the worst feeling in the world

asshole pulled my ragnaros, too

bunbun777

3rd game with pirate warrior and I told my opponent well played. He friend requested me and said "nice bm you playing cancer" then he told me my mom is giving bjs in hell but it wasn't that nice.
This deck is the bomb!

Got one of the dumbest cards from druid's hand with dirty rat. Acidic swamp ooze. Instead of the 2 behemoth jade cards or fandral... so many cards in his hand it could have pulled.

Levi

Banned
Just beat a dragon priest who got 2 tirions before I played my 1.

#JustPriestThings

Dirty rat appears to be real good in control paladin.

I think I need to craft another one.

I love Dirty Rat. Best part of playing the Renolock build I'm using is the Brann/Dirty Rat/MC Tech combo or the Dirty Rat into Nether combo or the Dirty Rat into opponent's Doomsayer counterplay.

Ensirius

3rd game with pirate warrior and I told my opponent well played. He friend requested me and said "nice bm you playing cancer" then he told me my mom is giving bjs in hell but it wasn't that nice.
This deck is the bomb!

Welp, I was not sure I should play this. This seals it.

butts

Just lost to the most fucked up Yogg AND cabalist tome I've ever seen in my life, from a completely won game to a loss in 2 turns. Holy fuck I forgot how shitty that card can be, and after the nerf it makes losing like that even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom