• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

This Shaman player I am seeing on Kripp's stream has to be the worst Shaman player ever and is rank 8.

Might be some 4 year old playing on their parent's account.

Looks like a bot coded to play Midrange Shaman without any new cards. And Kripp lost to it LMAO! Hope it makes it into a YT video.

Goddamn dahbomb that deck is legit. After dropping from 7 to 9 with all sorts of decks it took me to 5 only dropping 1 or 2 games. Heck I won against a renodeck, on the draw, turn 5 through a Kazakus boardclear.

Never getting tired of Trogg on board lava burst lava burst for 15. Opponent has Crusher and Rag I'm at 5 he's at 16. Draw exactly 12 damage to combine with my doomhammer, lava burst, lightning bolt, jade lightning...

Heropon

I knew I shouldn't craft cards I want the first days of an expansion because they can easily appear in packs and waste 1200 precious dust. Thanks to that I avoided that situation with Kazakus, hopefully the same happens with Blackpaw and Patches. *wink* *wink*

gFyZ96G.png

Kabal completed in one pack, wahoo.

cHinzo

Goddamn dahbomb that deck is legit. After dropping from 7 to 9 with all sorts of decks it took me to 5 only dropping 1 or 2 games. Heck I won against a renodeck, on the draw, turn 5 through a Kazakus boardclear.

Never getting tired of Trogg on board lava burst lava burst for 15. Opponent has Crusher and Rag I'm at 5 he's at 16. Draw exactly 12 damage to combine with my doomhammer, lava burst, lightning bolt, jade lightning...

1N0UjV3.jpg

gutshot

Xanathus was right. I think Discard Zoo is good in this meta. Just trounced a few aggro Shamans, a Reno Mage and a Control Pally to climb back up to rank 4, after sliding back while experimenting with other decks.

Only game I lost was to a Druid who I had down to 7 HP until he Aviana+Innervate+Fandral+Kun+Alexstrazsa+Feral Rage+Living Roots'd me on turn 7. absolutelydisgusting.jpg

Xanathus

Xanathus was right. I think Discard Zoo is good in this meta. Just trounced a few aggro Shamans, a Reno Mage and a Control Pally to climb back up to rank 4, after sliding back while experimenting with other decks.

Only game I lost was to a Druid who I had down to 7 HP until he Aviana+Innervate+Fandral+Kun+Alexstrazsa+Feral Rage+Living Roots'd me on turn 7. absolutelydisgusting.jpg

Another forgotten deck that is actually good in the meta is Malydruid since a lot of people are playing Reno decks and it is favored against that, has better matchups against aggro decks since it runs Moonfire, not sure about against Jade Druid though.

Zombine

Banned
Just played against this old Warrior Cthun deck with my Jade Golem Shaman.

The results were as expected.

nbYamSp.jpg

Poor guy's 15/15 C'Thun only got a single face hit on me.

luoapp

Finished 4 runs of arena post-expansion, average 4-5 wins, feels like a couple of wins fewer than before expansion. One thing I noticed, it seems like solid 2-drops (2/3 or 3/2) are very rare to come by now. And I generally just skip weak 2-drops and ended up with a deck with no enough small minions.

Ensirius

So I have no clue what the fuck is going on.

3 last packs opened: 1 legendary each. Hobert, Golden Goya and Kun...

What the...?

bjaelke

Finished 4 runs of arena post-expansion, average 4-5 wins, feels like a couple of wins fewer than before expansion. One thing I noticed, it seems like solid 2-drops (2/3 or 3/2) are very rare to come by now. And I generally just skip weak 2-drops and ended up with a deck with no enough small minions.

My average win in arena has gone up 1.7 after the expansion has gone out. Feels more balanced now (coin aside).

Dahbomb

Lul at these shamans running 2 lava burst now.
Me no care, me STILL go face!

And yeah Malygos Druid might return as the most dominant Druid deck, which would push out all the other Druid decks (despite being good). Reynad again is right... all the Druid decks want to do the samething which is broken stuff with Innervate and which deck does it slightly better is the one that everyone uses.

So, how does Kazakus work with Brann? Can you make two spells, each with different cost, like a 5-mana and a 10-mana?

Having a ton of fun with highlander decks right now. Tried to build Reno Dragon Priest without netdecking, it went alright but I'm still at very low ranks after not playing for awhile. You really miss having two Historians in a dragon deck because it means you have to run more late-game dragons. I've gotten too used to pulling Deathwing from nowhere.

I'm a big believer in Dirty Rat now as well. Great, great card from a design point of view.

So MrYagut just got Rank 1 Legend on NA with Miracle Rogue. Kind of crazy how Rogue has hit Rank 1 Legend on different servers in this Aggresive Pirate warrior/shaman meta. Then again, Yagut is one of the best rogue players I've ever watched so it's not that much of a surprise.

What is a surprise is that the pirate package is pretty sick in Miracle too, since it gives rogue good/powerful early game. I think small time buccaneer should have been a rogue card instead of being neutral. They could have easily done away with meme rager/ferryman, while avoiding the insane power levels of aggro warriorr/shaman (agree with dahbomb that the pirate jade midrange shaman is dumb AF).

Dahbomb

Yeah I was about to say Miracle Rogue now runs Counterfeit Coin and the Pirate Patches Package for degenerate early game.

I should just abbreviate the Pirate Package with Patches to PPP. Because we are going to be seeing it a lot.

So, how does Kazakus work with Brann? Can you make two spells, each with different cost, like a 5-mana and a 10-mana?
Yeah you can make two different cost spells.

I've been saying patches nerf should be it doesn't play til you have like 3 pirates on the board at the same time, this way you don't just have super openers and you don't just throw patches into a deck that runs a few pirates just to trigger patches.

sibarraz

Banned
Almost all (including myself) meme'd abou rogue to be the new bottom tier of the game, but at the moment is still in a respectable position.

Heropon

Arena and firelands portal are the worst trash ever. Goodbye.

Edit: Sorry for being salty but losing to coin flips is the worst and it's magnified by "paying" an entry fee. I'll try to not touch arena in a long time. That mode gets the worst of me.

Blues1990

I'm a new player to Hearthstone. After watching the various tournament streams, I'm finding the game to be incredibly charming & having more depth than initially thought.

However, I have a quick question about adding balance to my Battle.net account. Since I'm playing the game on my mobile phone, could I get a pre-paid iTunes card to add up currency, so that I don't use my credit card? Can that work?

gutshot

I'm a new player to Hearthstone. After watching the various tournament streams, I'm finding the game to be incredibly charming & having more depth than initially thought.

However, I have a quick question about adding balance to my Battle.net account. Since I'm playing the game on my mobile phone, could I get a pre-paid iTunes card to add up currency, so that I don't use my credit card? Can that work?

Yes, you use your iTunes payment info when paying on mobile. A pre-paid card would work.

Levi

Banned
Levi with a Warlock icon?

Yass... come to the dark side!

Lol. I might have a reputation as a cwar guy but back in the day I played a LOT of handlock and demon handlock. About 400 of my wins towards my golden Warlock were with Handlock decks.

My favorite time in the game was when Cwar, pre-nerf Grim Patron, Handlock and Combo Druid were the best decks--and my three golden classes can attest to that, since I have Druid (almost 100% earned with Combo Druid, although I did play some Egg Druid back in the day), Warrior and Warlock.

Looking at my favorite decks from back then, they're all either nerfed or irrelevant. (might explain why I have no pity when Rogue players start complaining about Blade Flurry) and why I strongly discourage people from having "mains", because this game is constantly evolving and people should be ready to evolve with it.

With Cwar irrelevant and Jade Druid unfun, it's safe to say that Warlock is probably my "favorite" class right now.

EDIT:

Firebat is playing Pirate Zoo (w/ Patches) in a tournament right now. :/

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Opened another legendary today. It was Raza the Chained.

Makes me happy I decided to craft Kazakus earlier.

either gonna craft Patches now or pick up some epics like Doomsayer or Twilight Guardian

V-Faction

"Greetings, friends! After 10,000 years I'm back! It's time to conquer Hearth!(stone)"

Malfurion: "Fandral, Aggro Shaman's escaped! Recruit a team of cards with atti-Druid!"

Brann: "MASTODON!"
Aviana: "PTERODACTYL!"
C'Thun: "TRICERATOPS!"
Brewmaster: "SABERTOOTH TIGER!"
Kun: "TYRANNOSAURUS!"

PsionBolt

Is there anything more fun in this game than being on 10 mana, playing DracOP, discovering DracOP, playing DracOP, discovering DracOP, and doing it again the next turn? I played six DracOPs that game, and five of them discovered DracOP. (The other discovered Entomb. Also, one of the six came from Historian.)

Like, I probably should have taken another Entomb or two when they were offered, and picking Kazakus when it came up could have been great, but man, sometimes you just want to play fifty million Pit Fighters and never run out of 'em.

Zoggy

Hunters in the gutter but wouldn't be if call of the wild was still 8 mana.

You guys are such bitches just fucking cry about any card with any cool value to force blizzard to nerf it

You guys deserve this pirate warrior meta.

Zoggy

Is there anything more fun in this game than being on 10 mana, playing DracOP, discovering DracOP, playing DracOP, discovering DracOP, and doing it again the next turn? I played six DracOPs that game, and five of them discovered DracOP. (The other discovered Entomb. Also, one of the six came from Historian.)

Like, I probably should have taken another Entomb or two when they were offered, and picking Kazakus when it came up could have been great, but man, sometimes you just want to play fifty million Pit Fighters and never run out of 'em.
Kripp had a game just like that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom