• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie Bax

Hunters in the gutter but wouldn't be if call of the wild was still 8 mana.

You guys are such bitches just fucking cry about any card with any cool value to force blizzard to nerf it

You guys deserve this pirate warrior meta.

I'm not really sure how an 8 mana card would do anything about pirate warrior?

You guys are such bitches just fucking cry about any card with any cool value to force blizzard to nerf it

Pirate warrior meta?

I've only played 4 warriors in my last 30 games. And I won all of them.

edit:
Compared to warlock, which I played against 8 in the last 30. 4 priest. 4 shaman.

Levi

Banned

Pirate warrior is already dead, lol, but cry more. In fact, call everyone a bitch while you whine and mewl like a fucking infant mad their toy got taken away. I needed a good laugh.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Pirate warrior is already dead, lol, but cry more. In fact, call everyone a bitch while you whine and mewl like a fucking infant mad their toy got taken away. I needed a good laugh.

This is real quality discussion, guys. Keep it up.

Levi

Banned
This is real quality discussion, guys. Keep it up.

200px-Shieldmaiden(12215)_Gold.png

All the Druid's I've played today have been using that "Flavour of the Minute" Avianna/C'thun deck(s). Yet to lose to it as no one's had C'thun to drop, although I did see one that had a Malygos which seemed a bit weird as he'd spunked all his spells away removing my minions during turns 1-9.

Levi

Banned
I've yet to face a single Aviana Druid. I'm very curious how my midrange jade shaman list would fare.

I've figured out the Renolock match-up and I've been winning it pretty consistently lately, even when they Reno. Won that match up the last three times I faced it. I beat one guy who got to under 5 hp, played Reno, got to under 5 hp, played Jaraxxus and still lost.

One of the best cards in the match up is Earth Shock, believe it or not. One shots a Shambler or a Twilight Drake, and in one game I was able to use it combined with spellpower to kill a Mistress of Mixtures and deny the heal.

Here's my last three games against Renolock, all at ranks 11 and 10, in case anyone is curious.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/yxCUfoadAnkRSL32kKjAd8
https://hsreplay.net/replay/H7JZHVFZzQUFUDajM67eyK
https://hsreplay.net/replay/4BjvL7VWz9hHuSDS3tuq3g

And here's my 24 hours stats:

Sure aren't seeing a lot of Pirate Warriors in this "Pirate Warrior Meta".

Levi

Banned
What program is that above?

Or what's the most recommended stat/deck tracker in game?

Track-o-bot is the one I'm showing there.

Both it and HS Decktracker are really good. I use both. Track-o-bot is more minimal, with barely any overlay, and HS Decktracker has the traditional overlay with your deck shown, cards drawn grayed out, and persistent on-screen stats (such as how powerful a C'thun is or what your percentage chance is to draw a particular card).

Levi

Banned
At my current win-rate, it's going to take me somewhere around 34 games to gain the 25 or so stars I need to hit rank 5. It's going to take a million years if every other game is against Renolock. :(

The only reasons I'm not playing Renolock is because I want to get wins on a class that I don't have the gold hero for and because I want to rank up quickly with quicker games than what Renolock offers. If a third of my opponents are Renolock that kind of defeats the purpose.

I just looked, and my Shaman winrate this month is also a little better than my Warlock win rate this month, which I guess is reason enough to stick with Shaman on my quest to hit rank 5 for a second season in a row, even if it's not going as quickly as I'd like.

0caedc8d3d4eec49051d5c2f90ca11f6.png

I think chillmaw is more likely to be useful in a both midrange and control and ysera is more likely to be used only in a control deck. Dragon priest is usually midrange whereas reno is usually control. Reno dragon priest decks probably still run chillmaw, and they also need more of a late game threat like ysera at the same time because they have 1 less netherspite historian. And netherspite historians allow dragon decks to focus more on leading up to the late game, so midrange decks need less late game. Also just the choice is a big deal. Midrange doesn't need or want ysera all the time. It's way too slow in some match ups.

Chillmaw is a strong card but a big part of it is because it's a dragon taunt, and not necessarily because it's statline or effect is always high value.

e:
I guess you could say the same about ysera. Ysera is often way too slow that if you can play it it's often a win more scenario. Which isn't particularly good when you're behind. But it's a dragon and has 12 hp... so... justified in some lists. Way better when you pick it for the right match up off historian.

unbelievable how bad a spread of cards hunter got this expansion. even alley cat is still significantly worse than the broken 1 drops every other class in this game gets

Dahbomb

Alley Cat is pretty solid. Not broken like people are expecting from 1 drops these days but it's better than Fiery Bat and honestly is the best 1 drop Hunter has gotten like ever.

Rat Pack and Kodo are insane cards too. What Hunter lacked in are the spell and support cards. They all play to one strategy and that strategy sucks in Hunter because they lack the draws.

Portugeezer

Living roots with no choose-one mechanic. But it's a beast, although as a 1 drop the beast tag is about about 0.2 worth of value in my eyes. The battlecry also doesn't go well with the buff mechanic. I agree, it's a fine 1 drop though, problem is other cards which are ridiculous which makes it looks meh in comparison... kind of how like Earglehorn Bow is solid 3 cost weapon, but Fiery War axe makes them look shit as a vanilla weapon anyway... I still play it, secrets or no secrets.

Dispatch and Kodo are really good though. Shaky Zippgunner is solid too, would be amazing if it was a beast, how many times I have wished he was a beast.

Trogg beastrager is ok but not great.

The legendary Knuckles is utter shit though.

Dahbomb

Paladin has the same problem as Hunters. They got crap for spells. In fact the spells were so bad that they actively make Ivory Knight a worse card.

Paladin broken 1 drops, I can only dream about a 1 drop that had a chance of trading with one of several broken 3 toughness minions.

Note 2 of these are awful, 3 of them build around, 2 of them epic and the one you actually want to play can almost never be played turn 1 and even then will probably not get any value.

ZealousD

OP 1 Drop
1 mana 1/3
Gain +1 attack when you do a thing you'd probably want to do anyway

ZealousD

Paladin card.

1 mana 1/3. Murloc.

Gain +1 attack whenever you summon a Murloc.

Woah... so good guys.

lol

Literally Murloc Tidecaller with one extra health.

I was thinking in the direction of +1 when you summon a minion with Divine Shield.

I have yet to play Jade Decks since I am holding off on crafting Aya. To those who've played Jade Rogue, is it any good? I'm really looking to play rogue this season since I'm about 80 wins from golden portrait. I've been playing mostly miracle and aggro pirates rogue variants this season, but also want to try other "styles."

Dahbomb

I think all the spells paladin got are actually pretty good. Small time recruits, smuggler's run, and getaway kodo.
Alright I should've been more specific.

The Hunter/Paladin spells generally enable a very single archetype which is buffing minions and playing aggressively. Getaway Kodo is the exception here as it's more of a value tool to get a big thing back. Small Time Recruit may give value but it's still just 1 drops which means more suitable in an aggressive deck, same for Smuggler's Run.

So if those archetypes don't succeed then Paladins and Hunter are left holding that L. Midrange Hunter technically got a buff but the buff it got pales in comparison to something like Dragon Priest or Renolock buffs. Hell even Midrange and Aggro Shaman are buffed right now.

Nachos

If I'm looking to craft a legendary for Renolock, Leeroy would be better than Jaraxxus, right? I already have Kazakus and Sylvanas. I'll be coming up on 1600 dust soon, and will probably commit once I get my next pity legendary.

Dahbomb

Renolock without Jaraxxus?

Might as well just play highlander Zoo deck instead.

This is how you create any control warlock deck.

You put Jaraxxus in first then you make the rest of the deck.

Alright alright correct answer is that as long as you have Emperor Thaurissan, PO and Faceless then you can get away with Leeroy as your win condition. But with a bunch of Priests on Ladder you also want that Jaraxxus for the free farms.

Levi

Banned
Renolock might actually be better in the mirror if you cut Jaraxxus. You don't ever want to go to 15 against another Reno Warlock unless you have a really good read that they aren't holding combo. I think about half the Reno Warlock games I played this month were sans Jaraxxus, I kept drawing Jaraxxus and not being able to play it, so I tried a list without the card and I really didn't miss it.

There just weren't enough Priests (and no Control Warriors) to make the card worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom