• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

All you heathens playing Control Lock without Jaraxxus the GOD...

raw

I run jaraxus cause it's a fun card. Good in some match ups as well. You can even win in the mirror against combo with jaraxxus if you play it right.

I don't use Jaraxxus, I use Elise instead and I bring sacrificial pact for mirror match up.

Seems bad to run sac pact but I see the reasoning. The problem there is most people are running combo and so renolock may not even ever use jaraxxus in the mirror. And the other thing is it's a fairly weak card in every other match up.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
All you heathens playing Control Lock without Jaraxxus the GOD...

raw

Friend of mine has been spamming Warlock decks with Jaraxxus the last few days and has gotten killed by Sacrificial Pact like 3 times. Makes me laugh every time. Worst luck.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think most list not run Jaraxxus they think you must choose rag/jaraxxus or leeroy/faceless

don't fucking play elise tho

Why not have jaraxxus and the leeroy/faceless combo?

It's renolock. You always have at least 7 cards in hand, and have 30 unique cards. I think you can handle having two different finishers so that you don't have to worry about one of your leeroy combo cards being on the absolute bottom of your deck.

Unless you really need that extra percentage point against pirate warrior that badly.

Nachos

Renolock without Jaraxxus?

Might as well just play highlander Zoo deck instead.

This is how you create any control warlock deck.

You put Jaraxxus in first then you make the rest of the deck.

Alright alright correct answer is that as long as you have Emperor Thaurissan, PO and Faceless then you can get away with Leeroy as your win condition. But with a bunch of Priests on Ladder you also want that Jaraxxus for the free farms.
Yeah, I definitely see the value of both; I'm just trying to make the most of what little dust I have.

I think most list not run Jaraxxus they think you must choose rag/jaraxxus or leeroy/faceless

don't fucking play elise tho
I'm also missing Rag.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
We do.

that like 50% of ladder

Fair enough.

Deck Tracker says i'm 14-20 against priest and 8-10 against warrior in general this season, so I'm still pretty content hating on priest over warrior when I get the chance.

Also helps that I generally hate priest more than aggro decks anyway for my style of play.

Priest? Ouch. I'm 70% overall, with paladin being my worst match up at 6-5. And that's with me screwing around with paladin and screwing up (lost to stolen anyfin I should have played around). 80% in the mirror.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 92-103 overall, so not the best season for me, but it's because I'm experimenting like crazy.

When I post here about Noggenfogger working in druid and Evolved Kobal/Greater Arcane Missile combo working in reno mage, those are my successes. You don't want to get into my failures.

squidyj

lol

Literally Murloc Tidecaller with one extra health.

I was thinking in the direction of +1 when you summon a minion with Divine Shield.

when a minion gains divine shield or something like that, should work with protector and selfless hero. and the new one i forget the name of

butts

Been playing a control warrior list that seems pretty solid, been able to pretty consistently pull off Don buffing Gromm plus having 5-6 damage on Gorehowl for a pretty nasty burst finish.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Crafted Raza and played some Reno priest.

Man that deck is fun. I'm not sure if its actually any good or not, but I sure am enjoying myself. I think I'm treading water in terms of rank though so I'm probably not playing it right just yet.

Salex_

Is Pirate warrior the most autopilot deck in the history of HS? I'm watching people attack face the whole time as if they're using an auto-clicker unloading their entire hand on turns 1-2 and equipping weapon after weapon.

This is seriously ruining the expansion for me. You either draw a combination of weapon removal, heals, and taunts under 4 mana or lose. I'm even questioning whether I should keep Reno in my opening hand because it's so hard to even make it to turn 6. I can't even get the Doomsayer effect to go off now.

Just 2 more ranks and I"m done with this BS. Excluding Pirate warrior, this expansion is fun. In these Reno matches I actually have to make some real plays.
I definitely played Hunter decks that I only went face with. Similarly stupid.

I've actually had great success against pirate warrior though using Reno Mage, C'thun Warrior, and Dragon Warrior if I draw well.
Reno Mage especially though.

Which Reno Mage deck are you using?

Is Pirate warrior the most autopilot deck in the history of HS? I'm watching people attack face the whole time as if they're using an auto-clicker unloading their entire hand on turns 1-2 and equipping weapon after weapon.

This is seriously ruining the expansion for me. You either draw a combination of weapon removal, heals, and taunts under 4 mana or lose. I'm even questioning whether I should keep Reno in my opening hand because it's so hard to even make it to turn 6. I can't even get the Doomsayer effect to go off now.
I definitely played Hunter decks that I only went face with. Similarly stupid.

I've actually had great success against pirate warrior though using Reno Mage, C'thun Warrior, and Dragon Warrior if I draw well.
Reno Mage especially though.

Played a Priest deck specifically designed to beat Pirate Warrior. All heals, removals for cheap minions, Abominations, Hogger, etc.

He spent the whole game spamming "Greetings".

Shinypogs

Which of the Reno decks requires the least amount of legendaries to function? I've got reno and kazakus, plus Cairne, leeroy, the karazhan ones, shifter zerus and harrison jones. Is that enough to throw together something? Also have 2100 dust to craft with though I'm wary of crafting heavily for a deck that may not be viable once reno rotates out

fertygo

Which of the Reno decks requires the least amount of legendaries to function? I've got reno and kazakus, plus Cairne, leeroy, the karazhan ones, shifter zerus and harrison jones. Is that enough to throw together something? Also have 2100 dust to craft with though I'm wary of crafting heavily for a deck that may not be viable once reno rotates out

Easily Renolock

you can try the very not greedy list that asmodai run that might've the best for the meta anyway, but people like me still run useless control card like sylvanas n nether because I like cool card

Grt4WOa.png

The Mage recipe in the game isn't bad with a few changes and you can do it with what you listed provided you have the rest of the cards. Inkmaster isn't necessary, but it is a fun card that has bailed me out a few times.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Easily Renolock

you can try the very not greedy list that asmodai run that might've the best for the meta anyway, but people like me still run useless control card like sylvanas n nether because I like cool card

Is the leeroy/faceless combo worth doing without Emporer Tharalson to let you Power Overwhelming it?

But I guess a 12 damage combo could be better than nothing, especially without ragnaros or jaraxxus, and you can still do the 20 damage combo if you go second and can save the coin.

fertygo

Is the leeroy/faceless combo worth doing without Emporer Tharalson to let you Power Overwhelming it?

But I guess a 12 damage combo could be better than nothing, especially without ragnaros or jaraxxus, and you can still do the 20 damage combo if you go second and can save the coin.

Err that list had PO

even can do 24 with soulfire

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Just 2 more ranks and I"m done with this BS. Excluding Pirate warrior, this expansion is fun. In these Reno matches I actually have to make some real plays.

Classic Face Hunter had a little more considerations for minion trading, while Pirate Warrior has a little more considerations for resource management for the sake of comboing cards correctly. Both require a little thought and skill, but not much.

Pirate Warrior might be the fastest deck ever though, with most games being 100% done one way or the other by turn 6. That's why I find going against face hunter to be a little more fun, since there's thought towards killing them quickly enough that their hero power and top decks don't finish you off, while still being defensive enough to not die. Here it's just a matter of if you draw your defensive cards in the very short amount of time they give you, and once you turn the corner on board control, you're basically good, unless you're without taunt or in range for mortal strike.

Pooya

SPO's list wasn't exactly popular until now, thanks t/s I guess. rip.

It's a LOT harder to deal with that than it is with pirate warrior.

Shinypogs

The Mage recipe in the game isn't bad with a few changes and you can do it with what you listed provided you have the rest of the cards. Inkmaster isn't necessary, but it is a fun card that has bailed me out a few times.

Easily Renolock

You can try the very not greedy list that asmodai run that might've the best for the meta anyway, but people like me still run useless control card like sylvanas n nether because I like cool card

I'll give both a try and see which feels better. I have no problems grabbing just the first wing of blackrock for Thaurissan since I need it for quickshot anyways and am almost there gold-wise. Thanks for the help.

rat pack and kodo WOULD be great but the mechanic is trash as it is now. zipgunner is a good card, but not a beast, and hitting it on one of those two you want to buff is pure luck. beastrager has the same problem. its basically a crappy version of grandmother. you're gonna end up buffing savanah highmane that's gonna get shadow word/entomb/polymorph/hexed just the same as if it wasn't buffed lol

so either you can go all in on a mechanic that isn't going to hit the minions you need buffed. or you can go for beast synergy and have extremely hit or miss games because of those cards not being beasts

that legendary isn't even good, who the hell is that card made for? its a garbage control card, it gets you a tiny bit of face so it isn't even close to considerable for a rush deck, for the cost its hot garbage compared to all the other classes, so scared to give hunter a playable legendary...its a freaking arena card made for the poor sap who didn't know better and picked hunter for arena (although i had an insane arena game yesterday where a hunter dropped sylvanas and then HUHU the next turn, i could not believe my eyes on that draft)

compare that to dragons. no reason to ever play that trash as it is over a dragon priest/warrior. def going to just fall to wild for my dragon priest fix when the next expansion hits bc that shit is so consistent now, it rules

Levi

Banned
First snapshot from Tempostorm after the release of Gadgetzan: https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/standard/2016-12-10

Tier 1
Aggro Shaman
Renolock
Pirate Warrior

10 (!) decks in Tier 2 and Hunter not making an appearance before Tier 4. Happy days.

So I was pretty close in my prediction of the top of the tier list:

The meta tier lists, when they come, are going to be fairly interesting. New meta

I'm predicting tier one is going to be:

1. Aggro Shaman
2. Midrange Jade Shaman
3. Reno Lock

and in Tier two:
4. Pirate Warrior
5. Jade Druid
6. Dragon Priest

With everything else below these.

And Tier Paladin below even those decks.

My top 6 is their top 5 in order if you move Midrange Shaman down.

I still think midrange Shaman is still good enough to be tier one, I'm looking forward to the VSS report to see what kinds of win rates other people are achieving with similar lists.

zoukka

Rat Pack and Kodo are good without being buffed. And Rat Pack can be buffed on board and still gain the benefits.

I said it before, they are great cards on paper, but just so janky in the current meta. Nobody respects tons of 1/1 rats and the Kodo can't carry hunter alone.

I don't think rat pack and kodo are good enough without being buffed and it's not even borderline. Rat pack looks good because people think that 4 drop is great, it's mediocre. And kodo is a 2/4 for 4 for 4... are you kidding me? That's terrible stats. The battlecry has to... oh it's as good as si7 agent? For 1 mana more you get a beast tag and a stat shuffle? It's not keeper of the grove with a silence option, nor are you really running control as hunter although the card may be a good control option for hunter but it still must be buffed...

Both those minions must be buffed to be actually worth playing.

Levi

Banned
I'm beginning to think that midrange Jade Shaman is actually favored against Renolock. My opponent at rank 9 was rocking a golden hero and the legend cardback, was able to play Reno on curve and was still dead on turn 10.

Watching the game, he made a huge error trying to hold his Nether an extra turn for more value, because he left my Mana Tide up additional turns which is why I ended up winning when I did. I am presuming the cards he never played were combo pieces.

That's 4-0 against Renolock now since starting 2-3.

Here's the game:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/UsjGWcGTwxuAdskBq3K3gg

Just played a druid with all taunts feels like something Kripp would play

I bet he had the play 20 taunt minions quest.

CoolOff

Man, where is all the aggro? :( I built a super-defensive control Warrior and it's non-stop Jade Druid and Reno-decks at rank 12 EU.

Pirate Warrior where are youuuuuu.

Levi

Banned
Man, where is all the aggro? :( I built a super-defensive control Warrior and it's non-stop Jade Druid and Reno-decks at rank 12 EU.

Pirate Warrior where are youuuuuu.

e6f0eed94a45d7109b0efaeaba9c6c62.png

Member when Pirate Warrior was 40% of the meta? I member.

(Top line is rank 1/Legend, second line is rank 2, and so on).

Pirate warrior dropping in both frequency and power level against the field? Who could have foreeseen that. I remember someone was predicting that this would happen back when a few others were calling it the most broken deck in Hearthstone history and that unprecedented emergency nerfs were needed.

Who could it have been, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom