• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Made my custom card:

c8c3989d.jpg

Goddamn, 1/12 chance to top deck circle. 11/12 chance to top deck good stuff. This was arena, so I top deck circle and lose a winning match from that. Most disappointing thought because he top decked the only way he could have dealt 4 damage to my 4/4 blademaster. There is actually nothing that on it's own can deal 4 damage from rogue. He had to top deck a charging minion with 4+ attack that turn or lost, and he did.

#notaboutlevi

You can stop now, dude.

GQjhKOA.gif

Sorry you can't take a joke? Whatever.

Levi

Banned
Why did I put Protect the King in my Pirate Warrior? Oh yeah, to counter Murloc Shaman.

This morning I faced a Pirate Warrior who ran Spellbreak, lol. Scared me when he silenced my 5/5 Taunt, but I was still able to win since I had a big board and he was top decking garbage.

Why did I put Protect the King in my Pirate Warrior? Oh yeah, to counter Murloc Shaman.

Still going to take it out.

But it was still satisfying to drop Frothing next turn and clear his board, Mortal Strike his 7/7, and then go face.

I think Patches will get nerfed because they likely won't print any anti-pirate warrior cards but even if they did, they'd probably just be bad. We've seen it time and time again.

They tried countering UT/DR meta by adding that 3 mana taunt. Completely bad card. And even the anti-DR paladin card was simply not good enough. They tried countering patron warrior by adding chillmaw. Wasn't enough, and Chillmaw is a good card. Maybe they didn't add it to specifically counter patron warrior, but that was the reaction to seeing the 3 damage aoe. I guess they didn't really try to counter COTW/yogg though. I'd imagine they would just fail again if they did.

How could they add a counter to a card that gets played for literally no resources? On turn 1? I don't really think they can.

edit:
This is how patches should be looked at imo:
draws a card 1.5 mana value
plays a 1/1 charge 1 mana value
when you play a pirate

So your 1 drop pirate, which is roughly worth 1 mana of value becomes a 3.5 mana value card.

Levi

Banned
Could've just stated you had put him in Ignore rather than going through the effort of screen capturing it and uploading it.

No effort at all, actually, took me like 3 seconds. Hopefully, he can move on, and target someone else for a while. If not, well, he'll have to PM me his snide remarks in the future.

I just wanna talk about Hearthstone.

wiibomb

I have been seeing some of these new pirate matches... they are so very fragile, if the opponent by some reason has a good early game the whole deck completely falls apart

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Zealous you got that google document of all the card ratings?

Man I already see some blasts in the making.

Uh, which one? Ours? GAF? or VS/Reddit?

Because the answer to all of questions is "yes".

ZealousD

Ours and GAF but mostly just ours.

Ours: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SMzrdUuM88LEK2y9SAmP0x5WOAitVz9-vbN9puHj-uk/edit?usp=sharing
GAF: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qznrQld02E0R9VZeogCeY_kejaoGd3WCffy9ga_6kqU/edit?usp=sharing

I've skimmed through this and nothing horribly wrong is jumping out at me on our evaluations. Depending on how the meta settles I think Wrathion and Finja are borderline blasts for myself, but not enough for me to call that yet.

Shinypogs

I grabbed the first wing of Blackrock to get Thaurissan for my renolock and quickshot for my secret hunter deck. Not sure what to get rid of in hunter to fit the quickshot in though, well other than the one hidden cache that always fucking lands on a Highmane which gets hexed/polymorphed etc.

Current hunter list.

Dahbomb

From a cursory glance:

Second Rate Bruiser: We both rated it as 3 star (tech choice, borderline playable), this card feels far closer to a 4 than a 3. Not a blast but slightly underrated.

Finja: Card is more playable than both of us thought. I don't know if it's quite 4 level yet but it's certainly at least a 3. Underrated.

Hobart: Seems high at 4 from both of us, seems more like a 3 at best at this point.

Inkmaster Solia: Definitely overrated at 4, this card might in fact even be a 2 when all is said and done.

Blastcrystal Potion: Feels more like a 4 at this point but again, this fits more in a Reno deck than in general. If I could pick two Siphon Souls then I would do that instead of using Blastcrystal but it just happens to fit perfectly into Renolock. Some people still don't use it and use BGH instead so I think this is still questionable. Slightly underrated.

Abyssal Enforcer: Card is feeling like a 5 right now. I felt that it was going to be between Felfire Potion and Enforcer as to which gets used over the other and it seems almost everyone is preferring Enforcer over Felfire (which is still a great card but worse off in the Patches meta). The Tempo that Enforcer provides is just too good.

Wrathion at 5 is definitely an overrate.

Also nothing on the end of Secret Mage cards yet so Kabal's Lackey is looking a bit overrated at 4 right now.

Not too bad to be honest. Seems like as always the Legendaries got a bit overrated but these are the type of Legendaries that might get stronger next year or the year after.

Cards that we both rated as 5: Patches, Jade Idol, Drakonid Operative, Kazakus, Dragonfire Potion, Aya have been meta defining or really strong in general.

Levi

Banned
Ours: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SMzrdUuM88LEK2y9SAmP0x5WOAitVz9-vbN9puHj-uk/edit?usp=sharing
GAF: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qznrQld02E0R9VZeogCeY_kejaoGd3WCffy9ga_6kqU/edit?usp=sharing

I've skimmed through this and nothing horribly wrong is jumping out at me on our evaluations. Depending on how the meta settles I think Wrathion and Finja are borderline blasts for myself, but not enough for me to call that yet.

Welp, I had some big misses. I way over-rated Knuckles, Lackey, Hobart and Genzo, and I vastly under-rated Jade Claws.

I was the only person to give Dirty Rat a 5 and it has become a staple card in one of the best decks in the game so I'm gonna count that as a win for me. :D

Acerac

Banned
God, do I love murlocs.

Everyfin really is awesome when you're part of a team.

I've always preferred the paladin variant myself. Such a wonderful deck, it is a great excuse to use Cult Master.

That feeling when you have 2 warleaders out and your opponent drops pyromancer equality on your full board. So wonderful.

Acerac

Banned
I might actually do the next murloc quest I get, instead of instantly rerolling, now that I've pulled Finja.

Go to wild, throw every murloc in the deck along with some logical support (keeper of uld, divine favor, curator) and I think you'll be happy with your results. It's shocking how well the deck deals with the current meta. It can keep up with midrange shaman, overwhelm secret paladin, and even outlast control priests and warriors with late game anyfins.

It's amazing when a deck can win turn 4 or beat control in late game.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I've always preferred the paladin variant myself. Such a wonderful deck, it is a great excuse to use Cult Master.

That feeling when you have 2 warleaders out and your opponent drops pyromancer equality on your full board. So wonderful.

I'm missing Murloc Knight and Vilefin Inquisitor, so I went with Shaman to complete my play 75 murloc quest (I also feel like using Morgul gives it a nice synergy), and Call in the Finishers is a fun card to throw down.

yesterday a shaman played everyfin is awesome on turn 4, it was awesome and awful at the same time.

He won

If you get the cards in the right order, the damage builds up really fast. If the opponent can't pull off a board clear, it's real easy to win in the first 4 or 5 turns.

My problem with goons paladin is somewhere between card draw and getting buffs on time.

I almost want to raise the curve a lot but then I can't run small time recruits, a card I think is very powerful. And then buffs scale better on cheaper cards as well, so there is that. But sometimes you just draw too many 1 drops and don't get small time recruits fast enough. Or you get a bunch of 1 drops but not enough hand buffs.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Doing a druid quest today. Man the Jade mechanic is so good when it goes correctly and so, so bad when it doesn't. That's the real risk/reward is that if you draw poorly the cards are terrible and you have no chance at all. If you draw well or the cards come in a good order with ramp at the front, you just steamroll everything. Its either glorious or infuriating.

patchday

Isn't Dirty Rat a solid 5 it sees pro play already along with Weasel tunneler. But I can see Weasel ofc not being scored high. And how does your scoring work

5 = Must craft????

Last night on my reno mage I dirty rat'ed a jade rogue and pulled out Aya. Was so delicious polymorphing that one.

ZealousD

From a cursory glance:

Second Rate Bruiser: We both rated it as 3 star (tech choice, borderline playable), this card feels far closer to a 4 than a 3. Not a blast but slightly underrated.

Right now it's only sliding into Renolock, despite its "general use" sort of nature. It is a defensive neutral card, which means more classes would use it if it was really that good. If it gets more play outside of Renolock I would consider it to be a 4.

Finja: Card is more playable than both of us thought. I don't know if it's quite 4 level yet but it's certainly at least a 3. Underrated.

Right. Anyfin Paladin is using it more than we expected. We could be on blast if Anyfin settles into a place where it's unthinkable not to include him in the deck. If it's acceptable to play Anyfin Paladin without him, we're safe.

Hobart: Seems high at 4 from both of us, seems more like a 3 at best at this point.

Probably, but that's not a blast.

Inkmaster Solia: Definitely overrated at 4, this card might in fact even be a 2 when all is said and done.

Eh.... Solia is underperforming but it's not like she's unplayable. Probably a 3, I would really hesitate to call her a 2.

Blastcrystal Potion: Feels more like a 4 at this point but again, this fits more in a Reno deck than in general. If I could pick two Siphon Souls then I would do that instead of using Blastcrystal but it just happens to fit perfectly into Renolock. Some people still don't use it and use BGH instead so I think this is still questionable. Slightly underrated.

A card you are forced to play rather than a card you want to play fits neatly into the 3 rating. Remember, a 3 is not unplayable.

Abyssal Enforcer: Card is feeling like a 5 right now. I felt that it was going to be between Felfire Potion and Enforcer as to which gets used over the other and it seems almost everyone is preferring Enforcer over Felfire (which is still a great card but worse off in the Patches meta). The Tempo that Enforcer provides is just too good.

Told ya!

Wrathion at 5 is definitely an overrate.

Question is whether it is a 3 or 4. Depends on how the decklists for non-Reno Dragon Priest wind up when the meta settles. He's a tech card in Reno Dragonpriest (3 there) but if he's a staple in regular Dragon Priest then he's a 4. Like I said, this is a possible blast for me.

Also nothing on the end of Secret Mage cards yet so Kabal's Lackey is looking a bit overrated at 4 right now.

Yeah Secret Mage doesn't seem competitive at the moment, but it's not a joke. That whole kit could easily be a 3 right now.

Cards that we both rated as 5: Patches, Jade Idol, Drakonid Operative, Kazakus, Dragonfire Potion, Aya have been meta defining or really strong in general.

Jade Druid is underperforming expectations and so Jade Idol is arguably a 4 right now. But we'll see how this all settles out.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
rHjjlu6.png

Aya MVP. Super good against Renolock. I love it when they twisting nether and I still have a 6/6 or higher on board. Straight broken with Brann. Like, a deck uses one of it's precious AOE spells and then I play Brann/Aya and suddenly my board is scarier than it was before the clear.

Just tried this out, only missing White Eyes, it's pretty fun. I did Brann + Chieftan and it was gross

CoolOff

I legitimately loathe the meta right now, more than ever I think. There's no viable deck out there that I actually enjoy playing that isn't complete garbage.

Dahbomb

I personally think a non-combo version might be stronger at this point in the meta. But I haven't played much reno lock in the last week.
Non combo makes you far less favored against other Renolocks though.

Isn't Dirty Rat a solid 5 it sees pro play already along with Weasel tunneler. But I can see Weasel ofc not being scored high. And how does your scoring work

5 = Must craft????

Last night on my reno mage I dirty rat'ed a jade rogue and pulled out Aya. Was so delicious polymorphing that one.
Weasel Tunneler is seeing a lot of play? Haven't seen it once yet.

Dirty Rat is seeing a lot of play in Renolock which is already running a bunch of 3-4ish cards like Shadowbolt, Darkcrystal etc. However, not every pro player runs Dirty Rat in Renolock. Sjow doesn't run it for example. I think the meta is really good to Dirty Rat right now because it does work against the Combo Renolocks and against Aggro... however if there are more Midrange decks in the meta then Dirty Rat is a lot worse.

5 is top tier stuff like Patches, DrakOP and Kazakus. Dirty Rat is a tech card that isn't really a must craft or a defining part of the meta although it's certainly heading that way. I had it as a 4 because I saw a lot of potential for it and it seems to be realizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom