• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Just tried this out, only missing White Eyes, it's pretty fun. I did Brann + Chieftan and it was gross

Yeah, Brann is OP in this battlecry heavy meta. Going to be sad to see him go when the rotation happens.

I legitimately loathe the meta right now, more than ever I think. There's no viable deck out there that I actually enjoy playing that isn't complete garbage.

What decks did you like in the last meta?

Dahbomb

Control Shaman, Tempo Rogue, Dragon Warrior to an extent. And a wonky attempt at still running Secret Paladin.
Those last two definitely work at the moment. Well "Tempo Rogue" is more like running Pirates plus Patches to gain the early game tempo.

Non combo makes you far less favored against other Renolocks though.

Originally I thought so as well and conventional wisdom says the same. But I think the match up is all about initiative. It's also easy to play around combo. Then sometimes dirty rat just makes you lose your combo anyway, so in those games you were perhaps better off not running it.

Sure, I think combo is favored in the mirror, but maybe not as much as I thought originally.

CoolOff

Those last two definitely work at the moment. Well "Tempo Rogue" is more like running Pirates plus Patches to gain the early game tempo.

I just have an aversion towards FOTM decks, so when that deck automatically should include PPP to reach its potential it's suddenly way more boring to me.

I'm weird.

Finalow

"fuck this game im done" that when you play ladder after a week or so and instantly lose 3 games in a row to pure RNG crap. but then you win 10 in a row and climb 4 ranks in 30 minutes. "nvm i like this game"

Levi

Banned
Control Shaman, Tempo Rogue, Dragon Warrior to an extent. And a wonky attempt at still running Secret Paladin.

One of the guys on my friends list who is consistently higher ranked than the rest of my friends is running Nzoth Shaman this month, it seems to be working very well for him. Tempo Rogue and Dragon Warrior are still good -- but you'd have to run Patches and I see that:

I just have an aversion towards FOTM decks, so when that deck automatically should include PPP to reach its potential it's suddenly way more boring to me.

This is like playing Street Fighter and refusing to use throws because "it's cheap". If you refuse to use the tools that the game is giving you I'm not surprised you aren't doing as well as you should be.

You should try the Patches versions of these decks even if you only do so to learn the decks so you can better counter them. I think the 40 games of Pirate Warrior I played at the beginning of the season is part of the reason I'm winning games against them. I lost enough as the deck to figure out what beats it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Having luck with priest. Down to rank 10 in the current meta. This card puts in mad work.

Drakonid-Operative.png

Dirty Rat is about as essential as BGH was pre-Dr. Boom, maybe less so. It's cool tech, but you only are ever gonna need one.

I crafted one myself earlier, but it's hardly necessary. Mainly fun for wombo combos with doomsayer and mctech.

Aggro Jade Shaman continues to wreck face for me, climbed to 4 now with only one or two losses from 5 -> 4.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wish I felt better about Renolock being so good right now. This ends up warping the list and basically makes it a deck I don't enjoy nearly as much...it seems right to not play Jaraxxus anymore which blows. The burst damage in the mirror is too much even if you get a clear board to play him.

Feels bad man.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I still have never pulled a prep out of the 150+ classic packs I have opened. That prevents me from screwing around with miracle rogue. I have pretty much everything else.

Levi

Banned
This Miracle Rogue guide is awesome:

Also if you want a lot of fun put in Beneath the Grounds. I took out a swashburgler.

Prep->Beneath the Grounds->Edwin is the best turn 3 in THE GAME. Especially against reno.

I had a better turn 3 than that recently:

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuZ3lhem8uY29tL2I2MjJmZWRhMTBhMDNjMzVmNmY3MzhlNjIyMDEyNjhkLmpwZyJ9.OYdKOi5q9G26fjF-zSXTqC2pG8E

Played Swashburgler, got Animal Companion, which I followed up with coin into Prep into Animal Companion into backstab my own animal companion and finally dropping a 12/12 Van Cleef.

gutshot

Just unpacked a golden Wickerflame. Only my third golden Legendary ever. Unfortunately, I already have him. The golden looks cool though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Rogue ended up so good despite miladesn crying lul

They seemed to get a massive boost from neutrals moreso than most. The pirates package being broken basically set them up well, counterfeit coin now allows some really gross all in early game plays too.

Blizzard's attempt at making burgle rogue a thing still doesn't seem to really do much, and Jade also doesn't really work unless you mix it with aggression.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just unpacked a golden Wickerflame. Only my third golden Legendary ever. Unfortunately, I already have him. The golden looks cool though.

Hey if you don't care about the gold it's a free 1600 dust for another legendary or a bunch of epics you might need to fill out a deck! :p

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
On a 6 game win streak with Jade shaman. Played surprisingly large amount of shit decks/players though.

Like, coin out bloodsail raider turn 1, turn 4 yeti turn 6 bloodfist ogre bad at Rank 15. Usually seem to face mostly normal netdecks reasonably piloted at that rank.

Pooya

Rogue ended up so good despite miladesn crying lul

Rogue class cards are garbage though, it happened despite that. People play one copy of coin , that's it. The rest are a non starter. It's like a tier 2 deck at that, when old gods came out miracle was good too but it fell off later. It's just inevitable that shaman goes back to pre gadgetzan popularity, it dies off when that happens again.

I don't like the deck at all. Actually if you look back it's exactly what I predicted. More all-in and aggressive instead. Miracle is old hat too, if Blizzard's idea of standard is miracle forever then they are contradicting themselves. Point is, they've failed yet again to create anything new. People just shoved in pirates because why not. There is nothing new to see.

I had a better turn 3 than that recently:

[IM]https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuZ3lhem8uY29tL2I2MjJmZWRhMTBhMDNjMzVmNmY3MzhlNjIyMDEyNjhkLmpwZyJ9.OYdKOi5q9G26fjF-zSXTqC2pG8E[/IMG]

Played Swashburgler, got Animal Companion, which I followed up with coin into Prep into Animal Companion into backstab my own animal companion and finally dropping a 12/12 Van Cleef.

thats amazing haha

Dahbomb

I used Dirty Rat on curve vs. Paladin and pulled a Tirion. Conceded. :-(
Dirty Rat is terrible against Secret Paladin. If you don't pull a Tirion you might pull Dr Boom, Belcher, Shredder etc.

It's bad against Midrange-ish decks. It's good against super aggro decks like PW and combo/control decks like Renolock.

I am not sure how good it is against Aggro Shaman yet. Most pulls are good... but then you pull a 477 and you want to concede immediately.

patchday

Rogue class cards are garbage though, it happened despite that. People play one copy of coin , that's it. The rest are a non starter. It's like a tier 2 deck at that, when old gods came out miracle was good too but it fell off later. It's just inevitable that shaman goes back to pre gadgetzan popularity, it dies off when that happens again.

I don't like the deck at all. Actually if you look back it's exactly what I predicted. More all-in and aggressive instead. Miracle is old hat too, if Blizzard's idea of standard is miracle forever then they are contradicting themselves. Point is, they've failed yet again to create anything new. People just shoved in pirates because why not. There is nothing new to see.

maybe I'm awful but I always run 2 of those things. Counterfeit coin is great. The shurikens aren't bad but not good. Idk I cant really disagree. Stupid Shaku. I have him in my malygos deck but can barely count on him to pull one card. I guess they expect us to fill our decks with shadowsteps and Conceals. meanwhile we're getting pummeled in the face lol

Rogue.... yeah its all miracle still I think. Maybe it's our fault or the meta. Hard to explain- but I think Miracle is too good. But also- burglary is not well fleshed out. just too much random. Needs to be changed to discovery and give us a choice what gets burgled

I think I've come to understand blizzard's design philosophy with this expansion. We're 1 set away from rotation, which is important. We're at our max power creep level because it rotates next set. This creates a huge contrast, between the before and after meta of standard.

But what also supports this is how classes have developed, largely in the same direction they've always gone. We're essentially seeing the best decks these archetypes may ever put forth. Miracle rogue has more aggression and coins. Pirate warrior has stronger pirates. Paladin has more buffs. Reno decks have 2-3 reno cards. Dragon priest curves with huge minions. Come next expansion, many of these decks are losing cards which will again create a huge contrast, because decks that are played at the end of this expansion will not be the same come rotation. They aim to make the game feel very different because of the power curve we have now is gonna drop off significantly.

patchday

keep him gold and dust the normal version. golden legendaries are a mathematical miracle. I had a normal Malygos before I got a gold one. Dusted the normal one!

SWAG

Shinypogs

Secret mage is bad.

This is saddening because I really wanted to play the secret trio as my thing you know. Sadly I'm only finding secret hunter viable. Speaking of which holy shit adding quickshot made a massive difference in the few hours I had it.

Will play Renolock again later tonight with thaurissan, combo about to get so much better.

I put together a pirate warrior deck for my housemate with his golden patches and cruised through a few ranks to give him an idea of how fun/mildly op it is. Now he's got something to ladder with when he wants to ladder for rewards and he can also play the stuff he finds fun normally.

Interesting bug/feature. The tri-class cards count as class cards for quests. I'm playing Jade Shaman variants, but have a Rogue class card quest. Whenever I play Aya, the counter ticks up one.

Dahbomb

Start of next rotation, Miracoli Rogue and Pirate Warrior are losing very little. Rogue is losing Tomb Pillager... that's it. Pirate Warrior is losing Argent Horserider... that's it.

And they will probably get something in the next expansion to somewhat make up for the ONE CARD they are losing in their deck.

Bigger losses are the following:

Warlock: Renolock loses Emperor, the Leeroy combo, Reno Jackson, Imp Gang Boss, Demonwrath, Dark Peddler. Zoo is nerfed but Renolock is going to get gutted. Neutral options like Vendor and Bran are big too.

Paladin: Anyfin Paladin RIP. Losing Keeper of Uldaman is significant too. Dragon Paladin probably done too but it never really lived either.

Shaman: Heavy losses in here for the entire spectrum including Control Shaman. Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Elemental Destruction, Ancestral Knowledge, Healing Wave, Tuskar Totemic, Thunderbluff.

Priest: Excavated Evil, Entomb, Wyrmrrest Agent, Welp, Curator. Hurts Control/Reno Priest and Dragon Priest.

Control Warrior: No Justicar anymore. No Revenge but it's not that essential. No Bash. No Fierce Monkey. Dragon Warrior is RIP.

Mage: Flamewaker and Arcane Blast loss are big for Tempo Mage. No Emperor and Torch are big losses for Freeze Mage. Though Mage's core package is still in tact, they might have an excuse to go in on the Secrets theme.

Druid: Living Roots, Darnassus Aspirant, Savage Combatant, Raven Idol, Mounted Raptor. Some losses all around from Beast Druid to Spell Druid but Druid will be fine because it has broken Innervate.

Hunter: King Elekk, Quick Shot, Bear Trap... alright not that much to be honest.

Man TGT was a HORRENDOUS expansion for just about everyone except Shaman. LoE and BRM would be bigger losses for some of these classes.

Dahbomb

Yeah Elise and Finley are significant losses too for Warrior. But I think PW will be fine without it.

Dragon decks are mostly RIP in the new rotation without additional support.

patchday

oh shiiii I just recently crafted 1 x Twilight Guardian the other day for Priest quests. I thought it was an WoTG card!!!

Well this explains why I had to craft it I very rarely open TGT packs.

oh crap...

Rogue will lose Tomb Pillager?? That guy can darn near win the game if left unchecked ;(

I forgot bout that

Well we still have a few months

arena is always so hilarious after a new expansion drops, it's cute seeing more variety in the classes i'm facing but not picking mage/shaman/rogue is such a lol idea atm

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
arena is always so hilarious after a new expansion drops, it's cute seeing more variety in the classes i'm facing but not picking mage/shaman/rogue is such a lol idea atm

Warlock and Priest are actually top tier in arena right now. Shaman is #6.

Might try to get into wild soon.

Cards I woukd need to craft are

Dr boom
Belcher
Shredder

Wish wild cards were cheaper to craft
It might incentize people to play it

oh shiiii I just recently crafted 1 x Twilight Guardian the other day for Priest quests. I thought it was an WoTG card!!!

Well this explains why I had to craft it I very rarely open TGT packs.

oh crap...

Rogue will lose Tomb Pillager?? That guy can darn near win the game if left unchecked ;(

I forgot bout that

Well we still have a few months

That's why I'm really pushing to get my Golden Rogue (about 58 wins left) before Tomb Pillager rotates out. That card is so good; I dare say it's rogue's best card. It's one of the sole reasons Miracle can even exist in Standard format in my opinion. And it basically functions as a 3 mana 5 4. So good. I wish Blizzard designed more Rogue class cards like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom