• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update from yesterday: Went 10 wins with that ridiculous Priest draft. My only losses were to similarly ridiculous decks with legendaries and epics but my wins were all stomps.

Of course once I requeue into arena I promptly get my normal draft luck and immediately face off against absurd decks with legendaries. It had been a while since I've seen a Dr. Boom though so it was kinda funny at first until rag came down.

Why does Arena feel so bimodal?

Strider

I've never hated playing against a deck more than jade Druid... these matchups are just sooooo fuckin boring given how they play out

Q8D3vil

I think Jade midrange Shaman is by far the best one.

Sometime i feel midrange shaman is so freaking broken:
- Cheap AOE from turn 2.
- Hard removal.
- extremely cost efficient taunts ( 0 mana 5/5 trololol ).
- Cheap weapons.
- Jade golem ( best jade class since its the only one that can both snowball jade golems and gain tempo in the same time ).
- Efficient Card draw ( Good luck dealing with mana tide while also dealing with 3/4 golem ).

I feel that Blizzard are really bad when it comes to balancing shaman. Maybe they are anticipating the upcoming change to standard and gave them good cards.

Reno Priest is decent but without efficient card draw its bad vs renolock. priest should have gotten a spell like Arcane intellect this expansion. At least its a playable class now.

fertygo

I think Jade midrange Shaman is by far the best one.

Sometime i feel midrange shaman is so freaking broken:
- Cheap AOE from turn 2.
- Hard removal.
- extremely cost efficient taunts ( 0 mana 5/5 trololol ).
- Cheap weapons.
- Jade golem ( best jade class since its the only one that can both snowball jade golems and gain tempo in the same time ).
- Efficient Card draw ( Good luck dealing with mana tide while also dealing with 3/4 golem ).

I feel that Blizzard are really bad when it comes to balancing shaman. Maybe they are anticipating the upcoming change to standard and gave them good cards.

Reno Priest is decent but without efficient card draw its bad vs renolock. priest should have gotten a spell like Arcane intellect this expansion. At least its a playable class now.

please list this as tier 1 because I go like 5-0 today against this deck with renolock

Shinypogs

Dear blizzard I do not have an answer to nothing but massive fuckers starting turn 4 and no giving me a single potion of polymorph off my chemist doesn't count. God damned ramp druids .

On the other hand fuck rogues forever with this new manaworm + adventurer buffed to hell and then concealed Bullshit . I had answers if I could just target them.

Despite my complaints it's nice to see variety on the ladder again and nothing but pirate warrior decks seems truly broken and unfair. Plus people keep discovering new interactions and combos that make for good highlights.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Getting beyond the OP card conversation what is everyone's just general favorite card from this new drop of cards?

It doesn't have to be the "best" or most OP. Just something you really like!

I'm sure "This deck beats everything!" gets him more YouTube views (and revenue) than a more reasonable claim.

Reacting to his clickbait title is just giving him what he wants.

This is my thought on the matter. Kripp is a solid Arena player no doubt (and he damn well better be considering how much he has played), but he isn't comparable in Standard to most other streamers. He's Amaz-tier, IMO, in terms of being a personality that people enjoy but not worth watching if you want really great plays/decks/problem-solving.

Shinypogs

Getting beyond the OP card conversation what is everyone's just general favorite card from this new drop of cards?

Jade spirit makes the cutest noise when summoned and attacking. Right up there with the best murlocs. It's an incredibly shallow reason to like the card but it's true.

gutshot

Anyone else watching Seatstory? Hafu just said she has only been playing constructed for the past 6 days, which was when she first found out she was coming to the tourney.

She won her first match 3-1.

Strider

Kazakus, Dirty Rat, and Potion of Madness all tied for me at this point.

Jade spirit makes the cutest noise when summoned and attacking. Right up there with the best murlocs. It's an incredibly shallow reason to like the card but it's true.

WA HOO!!!

They play around with the homonym of "spirit" a lot in the flavor text throughout the entire life of the game, but it was nice to see it actually fully integrated into a card.

I'll never be a pro level (or maybe even ever make it past rank 15 lol) but that kind of stuff is why I love this game, honestly.

Dre

Anyone else running Levi's Jade Shaman deck? Got blocked by some jade druids and could not enter rank 10. (Still over 60% win rate so I think its only a matter of time)

Any advice?

https://hsreplay.net/replay/S5yB3rVcu2guxqz5bSCESF
https://hsreplay.net/replay/kH2t7orV8ZkKx4TQY4U7wV

I'll be reviewing them more myself to determine what I did wrong

[edit] Wow I've made some bad misplays nvm I see why I lost ;(

Against AreanaFarm you had a perfect curve of

Mana Tide -> Jade Spirit -> Azure Drake -> Aya

yet you decided to play Feral Spirit which overloaded you for 2 and messed up your curve, you were lucky to draw Jade Claws because you had no play for turn 4 besides summoning a basic totem.
Also silencing Rag is kinda pointless and helps your opponent more than it helps you.

Against Verios there was not much to do, your opponent had great draws, you probably would've lost either way but I think you mulliganed wrong, I would've kept Maelstrom, Flametongue and probably even Ooze as you had the coin. Maelstrom is very useful against Druid and basically an auto-keep because of turn 1 Groots.

Jade Lightning to face was also kinda iffy, the 4 damage would've been nice a turn later against Aya and the 1/1 Golem isn't that much better than just hero power and pass.

On turn 5 I would've considered hex'ing Aya then trading your Whelp into the Golem and playing Maelstrom leaving your opponent with no board.

But yeah as I said the game was lost the moment your opponent had Wrath into Feral Rage and cleared your threats.

sibarraz

Banned

Aya, I love that she is a "balanced" savannah highmane, love the jade mechanic and I love her design

JohnCYQ

Since I managed to secure a job, I decided to buy 60 gadgetzan packs...because why not. I pulled:

white eyes
krul
hobart
kazakus #2
wrathion
patches #2

I think I've used up my luck for now.

patchday

Against AreanaFarm you had a perfect curve of

Mana Tide -> Jade Spirit -> Azure Drake -> Aya

yet you decided to play Feral Spirit which overloaded you for 2 and messed up your curve, you were lucky to draw Jade Claws because you had no play for turn 4 besides summoning a basic totem.
Also silencing Rag is kinda pointless and helps your opponent more than it helps you.

Against Verios there was not much to do, your opponent had great draws, you probably would've lost either way but I think you mulliganed wrong, I would've kept Maelstrom, Flametongue and probably even Ooze as you had the coin. Maelstrom is very useful against Druid and basically an auto-keep because of turn 1 Groots.

Jade Lightning to face was also kinda iffy, the 4 damage would've been nice a turn later against Aya and the 1/1 Golem isn't that much better than just hero power and pass.

On turn 5 I would've considered hex'ing Aya then trading your Whelp into the Golem and playing Maelstrom leaving your opponent with no board.

But yeah as I said the game was lost the moment your opponent had Wrath into Feral Rage and cleared your threats.

Thanks!!! Need to work on my plays

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I like Drak OP. Looks cool. Has great stats and that discovery mechanic. Really helps priest fill out their Dragon deck.

Levi

Banned

kabal-trafficker-300x429.png

It's not the best or most competitive card, but I'm putting it in all my Warlock decks because it has a great effect, fun stats (a demonic 6/6 for 6), good flavor and great art. I'm running janky demon zoo on EU and this card has been awesome.

Anyone else running Levi's Jade Shaman deck? Got blocked by some jade druids and could not enter rank 10. (Still over 60% win rate so I think its only a matter of time)

Any advice?
(

It looks like you've already had a good review of your turns, so I'll give you some general advice.

Take your time with your plays. When it's your turn, keep your hand off of your mouse for at least 10-15 seconds while you go through your play. This will help you with sequencing (such as using a spell and then hero powering, instead of the other way around) and you should always look for at least two different possible plays and pick the one that advances your line of play the most or reacts to what you think your opponent is going to do the best. With Shaman, you also have to consider overload and plan your future turns accordingly.

For example, Renolocks like to Giant or Twilight Drake on 4, Reno on 6 if you've applied enough pressure (this is a good thing) Nether on 8 if they are behind, Hunters want to Highmane on 6, Druids want to Gadgetzan Auctioneer once they have a lot of spells in hand so save some removal for that, just keep those sorts of things in mind and make plays that are good against your opponent's future turns instead of just reacting to their previous turn.

Playing proactively like that gets easier with practice and the more you see certain match-ups as well.

Knowing why you lost certain games helps you avoid the same mistake in the future, so watching your replays is very good.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Echoing a lot of the love for Kazakus this set. He is really awesome so far. Every time you pick a mana cost you have such a wide variety of options. He really is a card that has a very high skill cap in that it makes you evaluate the way you want the potion to play out.

Dirty Rat is a ton of fun to play also.
Raza the Chained is pretty great, and I am looking forward to seeing more of him after Reno rotates out. I suspect his ability will remain powerful and relevant until he rotates out. Whether or not it will be enough to justify running a Reno deck without Reno? Hard to say.

Levi

Banned
Those Jade Spirit sound effects, though.

WOO-HOO

I pulled one in gold so I crafted a second to go with it. I really like the gold animation--if you watch it long enough, the Jade Spirit blinks at you. I also pulled two copies of Jade Claws in gold. I'm not ashamed to admit that's one of the main reasons I am laddering with Jade Shaman. I'd probably be using Renolock this season if I hadn't already unlocked the Golden Hero for Warlock.

Maybe I'm shallow but the fact that the game doesn't track wins past 500 makes me not want to play ranked with my gold Heroes.

bjaelke

all-1024x564.png

Jade Druid is looking like the most overrated deck in the game. Its matchup spread is very weak and it’s a deck we expect will fade away as the Meta is quickly learning how to beat it. It gets stomped by Shamans and any form of aggression, it gets stomped by Miracle Rogue, it gets beaten down by Dragon Priest, and its advantages against some control decks are just not worth it. It doesn’t even beat Reno Warlock reliably, with the matchup being dead even. The deck’s win condition appears to be just too slow.
Let’s talk about an underrated deck. Apparently, there’s a deck out there that can beat Aggro Shaman, Midrange Shaman, Pirate Warrior, Dragon Warrior, Miracle Rogue and Reno Warlock. It’s called Reno Mage.

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-29/

Reno mage seems better than expected. Most reno mages I have gone up against have not been that good apparently. When I piloted the deck it seemed a bit better than what I had gone up against. But I have my doubts about it being better than reno lock in the long run.

trafficker works great with krul in renolock, it should be a demon but anyways.

I ran trafficker early on. I think it's a strong card that you can include even without krul... well krul isn't good imo. One time I got 2 or 3 jaraxuses out of it against priest.

Levi

Banned
I'm shocked that Jade Shaman is tier 3.

Got to say, it does my ego good to think I'm having my all-time highest win-rate season with a "tier 3" deck.

Although I'm more inclined to say that my build is closer to optimized than what other Jade Shamans are running and that's more likely the cause of the discrepancy between my results and what VSS is reporting.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I will be interested to see how far off a cliff Shaman falls when the next expansion hits and the Totem Golem & Tunnel Trogg rotate out. Assuming they replace them with something less insanely powerful, that is. They also lose everyone's favorite cavalry/divine shield charger. Aggro Shaman is simply not a deck without those cards right?

I wonder what kind of stuff replaces them?

patchday

Thanks for the advice!!!

Interesting chart!! Funny just got a Mage quest this morning. Was planning to bring out my Reno mage on the ladder to complete it since I've done decent with it. I miss Tempo mage though ;(

Levi

Banned
Aggro Shaman is simply not a deck without those cards right?

I wonder what kind of stuff replaces them?

With the Pirates package and all the burst Shaman will continue to have, I don't think Aggro Shaman goes away. Even assuming we don't get good new early game Shaman tools in the next expansion (which I think we will) they can drop in some Argent Squires / Unbound Elementals to help with the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom