• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's really strong in your starting hand only, when not it's a dead draw for a kind of deck that can't afford dead draws.

It's actually pretty good mid and late game too as it's likely to hit even higher than +4/+4. It's even a 1 mana spell to activate wild pyro. Mid game it's a cheap way to build up your doppelgangster.

edit:
Ekop BMing after winning with pirate warrior top deck

is this 2014?

It's actually pretty good mid and late game too as it's likely to hit even higher than +4/+4. It's even a 1 mana spell to activate wild pyro. Mid game it's a cheap way to build up your doppelgangster.

Hard to imagine you can keep a sizeable hand with midrange paladin w/o losing already and even then if it drew you a card in addition the deck might actually be competitive.

Hard to imagine you can keep a sizeable hand with midrange paladin w/o losing already and even then if it drew you a card in addition the deck might actually be competitive.

Sure it could make the deck much stronger, but that is a huge buff... like incredibly huge buff. It would make the card auto-include in every paladin deck from now til the end of time. Perhaps the most auto-include card in any deck.

Sure it could make the deck much stronger, but that is a huge buff... like incredibly huge buff. It would make the card auto-include in every paladin deck from now til the end of time. Perhaps the most auto-include card in any deck.
it's an incredible buff but that's what's needed to make such a mechanic work, it wouldn't be the worst to have spell that's auto include for paladin. Many classes have multiple of those.

Dahbomb

all-1024x564.png

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-29/

So at Legend the top 5 performing decks all use the PPP.

Seems right I guess.

Surprised to see Reno Warlock that low but then again not that surprised. People kinda overrate it's ability to take on the high aggressive decks, the hero power already runs counter to that and if you don't draw the answer it's a done deal. And the meta is entirely filled with these high aggressive decks at high ranks. Renolock is essentially great at bullying the tier 2 and tier 3 decks though.

I also think VS is overrating Reno Mage, the match ups they say the deck wins aren't exactly accurate. I do not believe Reno Mage wins against Renolock.

And Jade Druid still has a lot of potential and refinement. The top players are still pushing it because they feel like there's something broken in there. I think Firebat might be on to something by having Defender of Argus in his Jade Druid deck because he realizes that people beat Jade Druid by just going face and that stops that.

Druid is probably going to be experimented on for a month I would imagine. Like I said before, I think the future is cutting most of the Jade Druids and relying mostly on Jade Idols to carry in the late game while having massive draws/anti aggro spells/tools in the early game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Note a whole lot of people are playing Reno Mage. We might have more accurate numbers on its winrate if it becomes more popular.

Jade Druid is underperforming which makes me think that some other Druid archetype will emerge as being the best Druid deck. I think it's possible that we might get some kind of Token Spell Druid that goes off with Violet Teacher being viable, but nobody seems to be experimenting with that right now.

Levi

Banned
I also think VS is overrating Reno Mage, the match ups they say the deck wins aren't exactly accurate. I do not believe Reno Mage wins against Renolock.

I've been watching Asmodai queue high legend with Renolock (he's had rank 1 a bunch this season with Renolock) and he gets visibly upset when he queues against a Reno Mage. He, at least, considers it a very bad match up.

it's an incredible buff but that's what's needed to make such a mechanic work, it wouldn't be the worst to have spell that's auto include for paladin. Many classes have multiple of those.

Yeah but not like that I think. The closest spell I can think of is powerword shield, which requires board presence and only gives +2 health. I think giving smuggler's run a card draw is a bit too much.

I'm not even sure what paladin needs atm. They'll probably give paladin more sticky board control early game minions once MC cycles. I don't think it needs more card draw, it just needs higher value early game minions, which will doubly be strong with hand buffs. The mechanic, more than kabal/lotus imo, has a high chance of growing with later expansions.

Maybe not because the more combo oriented decks are going to have a hard time hitting for lethal past ice block. And the reno mages can use manic soulcaster to thicken their deck and re-use a valuable card like kazakus or reno.

When I've played the match up, I've had success with jaraxxus but only after they've expended a lot of their burn fighting for board. Even then, you gotta play in mind of cabalist's tome and babbling book generating more burn.

Yeah but not like that I think. The closest spell I can think of is powerword shield, which requires board presence and only gives +2 health. I think giving smuggler's run a card draw is a bit too much.

I'm not even sure what paladin needs atm. They'll probably give paladin more sticky board control early game minions once MC cycles. I don't think it needs more card draw, it just needs higher value early game minions, which will doubly be strong with hand buffs. The mechanic, more than kabal/lotus imo, has a high chance of growing with later expansions.
The closest comparison is wild growth imo in such that it's never a dead draw.

I agree with you but I was not looking at what Paladin needed but didn't get but what it needed on existing card for Paladin to be good. Paladin got one of the best tools against an aggro meta in Wickerflame, if you get off a redemption or getaway kodo on him it's absolutely disgusting, but you're right paladin needs early sticky drops more than anything, closely followed by efficient spells imo.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is Hearthstone related stuff ever on sale? I'm guessing not. I've been getting back into the game the past few days after not playing since Naxx and enjoying it, but I'm pretty disappointed to discover that I'd need to buy Blackrock in addition Karazhan (which I was probably going to get anyway) in order to complete the vast majority of currently used decks. Hunter for example, like every deck uses grandmother from Kara and Quickshot from Blackrock.

ZealousD

Is Hearthstone related stuff ever on sale? I'm guessing not. I've been getting back into the game the past few days after not playing since Naxx and enjoying it, but I'm pretty disappointed to discover that I'd need to buy Blackrock in addition Karazhan (which I was probably going to get anyway) in order to complete the vast majority of currently used decks. Hunter for example, like every deck uses grandmother from Kara and Quickshot from Blackrock.

No, Hearthstone stuff never goes for sale. Cheapest way to get stuff is through Amazon coins.

My favorite cards from the set.

Druid: Pilfered Power. I think this is a better take on the druid ramp mechanic that actually requires setup and some thought. I hope they continue trying to make the ramp mechanic more strategic.

Hunter: Piranha Launcher. It's a bad card but I love the idea of it, it's just inherently funny.

Mage: Kabal Crystal Runner. I love running mage decks with way too many secrets so this card is a great way to make my decks less gimped. Manic Soulcaster is really fun too though.

Paladin: Grimestreet Protector. I think this card provides the most tempo swing of any card in the set. It can be completely back-breaking if your opponent needs to trade minions.

Priest: Mana Geode. A consistent problem with priest is that you can heal your 2 drops but only at the expense of tempo and your turn 3. This is a perfect way to make healing a two-drop less of a risky sacrifice.

Rogue: Shaku the Collector. My favorite hearthstone mechanic is getting a random card of your opponent's class/deck. Nothing is more fun than trying to figure out how to turn your opponent's strengths against them. Plenty of other rogue cards do the same thing though, not much point to using this guy.

Shaman: Lotus Illusionist. It feels like a more refined and balanced evolve mechanic, although I wish it procced on attacking anything, not just heroes.

Warlock: Kabal Trafficker. Good stats, fun effect, interesting art. It's a perfect card.

Warrior: Sleep with the Fishes. Hilarious card art and a challenging to use removal spell. It may not be a good card but I like what it's trying to do.

Neutral Legendary: Auctionmaster Beardo. Allows for some ridiculous interactions with TGT cards that can lead to gimmicky combo decks.

Neutral Epic: Everyone is saying Dirty Rat so I'm gonna say Weasel Tunneler. I don't know why you would use it but I think these kind of reverse-thinning mechanics are worth exploring (Beneath the Grounds and Excavated Evil).

Neutral Rare: Bomb Squad. Psuedo-removal spell but with a large drawback that you can play around or use to your advantage. Same story as a lot of these cards, it may not be very good but at least it's interesting.

Neutral Common: Big-time Racketeer and his "little friend". The audio on this card is hilarious. In terms of usefulness, I guess it's anti-mirror image tech? Battlecry synergy? I just know that I laugh every time the ogre says "hello".

Best Tri Class Card: Kazakus obviously.

Amazon often has sales or deals, often relating to their coin stuff.

ZealousD

I am fairly ignorant about this stuff - what are amazon coins?

You have to download the Amazon Appstore on an Android device or use an Android emulator. You download Hearthstone from the Amazon Appstore and you can buy packs using Amazon coins, which is a type of digital currency that Amazon uses for microtransactions for its games on the Appstore. You save anywhere from 10-25% off by buying packs and adventures this way.

Finalow

I'm not sure what those stats/tiers are based on, but Renolock is one of the best standard decks in the game at the moment, if not the best. tier 3? Lol.

most of the people I've seen pushing and tryharding for legend top 100 were using Renolock. it's much harder to play well compared to most of the other decks in the meta though.
and honestly Renolock was the last deck I wanted to play against when I was playing aggro, sure they might not draw Reno but they have taunts, heals and they can pretty much answer everything you throw at them. so unless they get really bad draws/rng or play incorrectly it's hard to lose with that deck.

ZealousD

I'm not sure what those stats/tiers are based on, but Renolock is one of the best standard decks in the game at the moment, if not the best. tier 3? Lol.

most of the people I've seen pushing and tryharding for legend top 100 were using Renolock. it's much harder to play well compared to most of the other decks in the meta though.
and honestly Renolock was the last deck I wanted to play against when I was playing aggro, sure they might not draw Reno but they have taunts, heals and they can pretty much answer everything you throw at them. so unless they get really bad draws/rng or play incorrectly it's hard to lose with that deck.

The tierlist is based on statistical winrates of the contributors to their report. Renolock could be the best in the game for people who are good at the deck, but if it's harder to play the tierlist will reflect that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Coins you buy at Amazon that allow you to purchase things in games on their mobile app.

You have to download the Amazon Appstore on an Android device or use an Android emulator. You download Hearthstone from the Amazon Appstore and you can buy packs using Amazon coins, which is a type of digital currency that Amazon uses for microtransactions for its games on the Appstore. You save anywhere from 10-25% off by buying packs and adventures this way.

Interesting, thanks. One last dumb question - if I already have Hearthstone on my phone, do I need to actually uninstall and re-install through the amazon app in order to use coins in it?

inky

Interesting, thanks. One last dumb question - if I already have Hearthstone on my phone, do I need to actually uninstall and re-install through the amazon app in order to use coins in it?

Yeah, you have to download it through Amazon's app if you want to spend coins on it or any other game for that matter. You can just use a PC emulator if that is less of a hassle. Your purchases will be account bound so they will show up across all your devices.

ZealousD

I believe so.

Dahbomb

High skill cap means a lot of people are not playing it properly and screwing up the win rates.

It's not just hard to play but hard to build and tech... since over a third of the deck is tech cards that you need to be swapping in and out based on where you are in the ranks.

Plus if one of your bad match up is the BEST deck in the game at high ranks... then you probably don't deserve to be tier 1 anyway even with proper piloting.

Seems right I guess.

Surprised to see Reno Warlock that low but then again not that surprised. People kinda overrate it's ability to take on the high aggressive decks, the hero power already runs counter to that and if you don't draw the answer it's a done deal. And the meta is entirely filled with these high aggressive decks at high ranks. Renolock is essentially great at bullying the tier 2 and tier 3 decks though.

And Jade Druid still has a lot of potential and refinement. The top players are still pushing it because they feel like there's something broken in there. I think Firebat might be on to something by having Defender of Argus in his Jade Druid deck because he realizes that people beat Jade Druid by just going face and that stops that.

Druid is probably going to be experimented on for a month I would imagine. Like I said before, I think the future is cutting most of the Jade Druids and relying mostly on Jade Idols to carry in the late game while having massive draws/anti aggro spells/tools in the early game.

What does PPP stand for? I've seen you use it a few times.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What does PPP stand for? I've seen you use it a few times.

This was my complaint several pages back. PPP is a dumb acroynm that doesn't tell you anything.

Apparently it stands for Patches Pirate Package? I don't understand why people don't just say Patches & co but I guess typing is hard sometimes. I still don't know (and don't really care) what constitutes that exact package but it shouldn't be hard to guess that it's Patches, Small Time Buc, and the charger.

butts

Last 2 dragon priests I've played against have played 4 drakonid operatives. They seem to always get my big drops too, so frustrating. It's a midrange beat down deck that can also outvalue control decks :(

ZealousD

So what are your guys's thoughts on Sergeant Sally right now? I think that was a card that a lot of people were interested in and thought might be good, but I think the combination of it being a legendary and the Grimy Goons mechanic generally not performing at top tier has kept her from being super relevant. But, is she bad? Are people just avoiding crafting her because she only works in bad decks? Or is she bad even in those decks?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This was my complaint several pages back. PPP is a dumb acroynm that doesn't tell you anything.

Apparently it stands for Patches Pirate Package? I don't understand why people don't just say Patches & co but I guess typing is hard sometimes. I still don't know (and don't really care) what constitutes that exact package but it shouldn't be hard to guess that it's Patches, Small Time Buc, and the charger.

you could literally just say "pirates" and anybody who has played the game since the expansion would know what you mean.

Q8D3vil

So what are your guys's thoughts on Sergeant Sally right now? I think that was a card that a lot of people were interested in and thought might be good, but I think the combination of it being a legendary and the Grimy Goons mechanic generally not performing at top tier has kept her from being super relevant. But, is she bad? Are people just avoiding crafting her because she only works in bad decks? Or is she bad even in those decks?
Sergeant sally is underwhelming. her text should include charge tbh, it would have made her playable in buffadin. she might be playable in Renolock (PO value combo).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I think it's a mixture of goons being pretty mediocre alongside the metacall for it right now. It wouldn't really do much vs. renolock ever, and against pirates it makes a mulligan pretty clunky. Like do you keep her in the opening? If you get no buffs it's not doing much, even if you do they're zerging face and will just ignore her and let you trade which makes it slow.

She's probably best IN reno, but it suffers from the Cho'gall factor--he's basically only good with Siphon, she's only good with PO. And PO is way too important for that deck to need another clear.

patchday

• The acronym PPP is just yucky
  • The top 5 decks do not all use patches (Mid range shaman for instance?). Do they link the decks in this Reaper report where are you getting this the meta snapshot doesnt have that

• The acronym PPP is just yucky
  • The top 5 decks do not all use patches (Mid range shaman for instance?). Do they link the decks in this Reaper report where are you getting this the meta snapshot doesnt have that
Midrange shaman often runs PPP. Midrange Shaman is just slower shaman it can still kill you on turn 6 or 7.

patchday

lol! in the end I guess it doesn't matter I suppose how many decks run patches.

Time for me to logon and knock out these quests at least.

After playing reno mage with neither mediev or alex, then playing with mediev, and then playing with alex... with neither I think it's best against aggro, with mediev I think it's best against reno control (seems like all control decks being ran are reno anyway), and with alex I think it's strongest vs midrange with a last ditch heal vs aggro plus synergy with ice block. So... overall, I think alexstrasza is best in reno mage over mediev. But if there are a lot of reno warlock and priests, I think mediev is a bit stronger.

Another notch against mediev is everyone is running weapon hate. So sometimes it's just a 7/7 for 8 and that is pretty bad. But, when you get a firelands portal off... 2 minions from 1 spell... the value is insane. And against me someone actually got to play a 10 mana kazakus potion and got a 10/10 and an 8/8.

Dahbomb

I got her and tried her.

She's decent in Renolock because of PO combo.

The problem is that Warlock is already over flowing with board clears that you have to end up cutting efficient board clears like Felfire Potion sometimes to make room. Sally is excessive. I like that the card exists but it's not really good enough. Would've liked it a lot better at 2 mana as well.

And nah I am gonna keep saying PPP until Patches is nerfed.. just like with Dr Boom I never called it by its real name.

Medivh is still good vs. weapon hate though because you're a mage. I've never had Atiesh removed on me because if they play ooze, opponents will play it as tempo, never expecting to see Medivh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom