• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

Why does Pwnyhof keep getting over 10K viewers on Twitch? I thought they cracked down on view bots but Massan is also back to pulling 3-5K viewers when he's on.

Or they really are legit and I am that out of touch... please help me understand this Hearthstone GAF.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
In the middle of an arena run. 5-0 currently running priest. Kel Thuzad putting in that work for me. I swear he's been out of the game so long my first two opponents seemed to not even know wtf that card was! LoL

Levi

Banned
Clearing quests on EU... goddamn I love and hate Rogue. This is called the "he only runs one copy of Nether so why am I going to play around it?" play:

CcLK5It.jpg

Here's the game if you want to see how I made a 16/16 stealthed Van Cleef on turn 8: https://hsreplay.net/replay/QbJoT632Ya9zWE3u7EFXUA

actually encountered a control warrior with my midrange shaman. got worried when he put down ragnaros but managed to pull out a win

Midrange Shaman was slightly favored vs Cwar in the old meta.. but I don't know how the match-up has changed with the new cards.

I did face a Shaman as Cwar earlier today, and got pretty much the perfect draw against the deck, with an old school two turn Alexstraza + Gorehowl lethal.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/Zj7HMfmbE2V5HFGjDfFuti

Zoggy

Twitch chat has an uncanny ability to spot lethal faster than streamers. I don't just mean the fake shouts either.

its thousands of people vs the one streamer. of course. plus the streamer is also focusing on other things, while the viewer can just focus on the game.

Twitch chat has an uncanny ability to spot lethal faster than streamers. I don't just mean the fake shouts either.
I suppose it's kinda like when I'm watching fighting games. I notice a lot of stuff that could've and should've happened. There's no pressure on me, so I probably pick up on a lot of things that the player won't in the moment.

I always notice I've missed lethal like 1 second after I made a mistake. Makes me miserable if I lose because of it.

rahji

the jade mechanic works pretty good in arena too. had a shaman run with 2 jade lightning, aya blackpaw and jade chieftain. worked pretty well, turned out 7-3.

Hero

As much as I enjoy RenoLock, the games can tend to last a while.

Thinking about crafting Pirate Warrior or Shaman so I can play more games, win or lose faster.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just finished Karazhan and the only gadgetzan legendary I have is Madam Goya, so I think I might punish myself by making a shit gimmick RNG deck using her and malchezzar just to see what I end up with on turn 6 swaps. It will not win very much but might prove fun.

I just finished Karazhan and the only gadgetzan legendary I have is Madam Goya, so I think I might punish myself by making a shit gimmick RNG deck using her and malchezzar just to see what I end up with on turn 6 swaps. It will not win very much but might prove fun.

Play wisp, exchange for ragnaros, 0 mana ragnaros. gg

Levi

Banned
Hell is facing a high rolling priest player who ropes every turn, fourth fucking BMimg piece of shit priest in a row.

Levi

Banned
Bad match ups
Bad mannered opponents
Unfair rank disparity with opponents
Every opponent has a legendary cardback
Must be Hearthstone's broken fucking ladder!

How can the game give me my worst match up four times in a row when I'm one win from rank 5? Why am I facing rank 3 golden Priests when I'm rank 6? Why are Priests the biggest jerks in the game? I guess we'll never know.

Screw this, I'm going to see star wars and hopefully when I get back I can face some patches decks instead of autopilot mindless priest over and over.

Fixed1979

Bad match ups
Bad mannered opponents
Unfair rank disparity with opponents
Every opponent has a legendary cardback
Must be Hearthstone's broken fucking ladder!

How can the game give me my worst match up four times in a row when I'm one win from rank 5? Why am I facing rank 3 golden Priests when I'm rank 6? Why are Priests the biggest jerks in the game? I guess we'll never know.

Screw this, I'm going to see star wars and hopefully when I get back I can face some patches decks instead of autopilot mindless priest over and over.

Pretty sure that's the first time I've ever read autopilot or mindless and priest in the same sentence.

Levi

Banned
Pretty sure that's the first time I've ever read autopilot or mindless and priest in the same sentence.

Priest is pretty much the easiest deck there is. Play overstatted crap on curve and abuse your hero power to gain card advantage by keeping your bullshit minions alive forever. Aggro pirate takes more braincells. That's why priest players BM so much, even they get bored playing their paint by numbers deck and they have to BM to stay awake.

:)

Okay, so maybe I'm tilted and venting and not making sense, but really I can't think of any other reason EVERY single priest is a rude pos.

Win vs priest? They add you to call you names. Lose vs priest? THEY ADD YOU TO CALL YOU NAMES.

Blizzard should change the notification to "A recent Priest opponent would like to tell you to get cancer and die!", it's more accurate than what they display now. :p

Dre

Oh thanks, didn't know that.

Why do they play Sir Finley? 1/3 for 1? What hero power are you looking to get in these matches?

2/3 of the deck costs 2 mana or less, you will run out of cards in a lot of games and your basic totems are not that useful as you don't run Thing from Below. So you are hoping for Life Tap from Sir Finley. Steady Shot is also ok.
You can run a copy of Ancestral Knowledge if you don't want to play Sir Finley, it synergizes with Trogg as well so it's a good replacement.

Hero

Hunter or warlock.

2/3 of the deck costs 2 mana or less, you will run out of cards in a lot of games and your basic totems are not that useful as you don't run Thing from Below. So you are hoping for Life Tap from Sir Finley. Steady Shot is also ok.
You can run a copy of Ancestral Knowledge if you don't want to play Sir Finley, it synergizes with Trogg as well so it's a good replacement.

Thanks gentlemen!

Is there a substitute for Rag/Antonidas in Tempo Mage? I put in Medivh but it seems too slow.

Rag is another over the top finisher for the deck. It really is what you need to make it work. Medivh just adds minions to the board when you are usually looking for a 1 or 2 spell combo to finish. Since by late game you have likely lost the board and are often top decking.

Shinypogs

Discovering raza the chained as a renolock is the best thing ever. I never really appreciated tapping that much as a zoolock except when I top decked lethal. Card advantage never meant much to me. As a renolock though I can really see how good it is and why blizzard has to be careful about how much neutral healing is available and how strong they make warlock minions.

I swear peddler offers me patches a disturbingly large amount compared to the size of the pool it can choose from. Does blizzard alter discover rates after new expansions or is this just confirmation bias at work?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I want to know where everyone is seeing these rogues and Priests. All I'm seeing are Renolock and Warriors.

I kinda want to play Rogue in this meta, but I'm afraid I'd fuck it up at this point learning the matchups. There's at least 3-4 variations I think could work.

Probably taking my Reno Mage to legend this season if I get there. At rank 2 at the moment.

Lyng

Priest is pretty much the easiest deck there is. Play overstatted crap on curve and abuse your hero power to gain card advantage by keeping your bullshit minions alive forever. Aggro pirate takes more braincells. That's why priest players BM so much, even they get bored playing their paint by numbers deck and they have to BM to stay awake.

:)

Okay, so maybe I'm tilted and venting and not making sense, but really I can't think of any other reason EVERY single priest is a rude pos.

Win vs priest? They add you to call you names. Lose vs priest? THEY ADD YOU TO CALL YOU NAMES.

Blizzard should change the notification to "A recent Priest opponent would like to tell you to get cancer and die!", it's more accurate than what they display now. :p

Honestly mate. Saying priest is easier to play then pirate warrior is just not true.

I do agree though that most priest players seem like arrogant little kids with their BM spam.

Dahbomb

Reynad : "Man when Renolock gets ahead it just stays ahead, I think this game is done".

Reynad : "Man Eloise misplaced twice and still won with Pirate Warrior... lul"

I wanna thank whoever suggested beneath the grounds for miracle rouge. Played it against renolock trying a brann + kazakas combo. Had a good laugh after that.

Reynad : "Man when Renolock gets ahead it just stays ahead, I think this game is done".

Reynad : "Man Eloise misplaced twice and still won with Pirate Warrior... lul"

Oh I'm missing reynad casted game to watch obama's last news conference, sadface

I was watching on mute and I too was surprised that pirate warrior came out with a win

Levi

Banned
Honestly mate. Saying priest is easier to play then pirate warrior is just not true.

I do agree though that most priest players seem like arrogant little kids with their BM spam.

I was just baby raging. No one should have to face four priests in a row.

This match up (control lock vs control warrior) reminds me that fatigue decks already had a tough time with jaraxus, such that jade idol doesn't really push out control warrior probably any more than control lock does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom