• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I could use some helpful friends who wouldn't mind spectating me. Three times today I was one win from rank 5 but now I'm closer to rank 8 than rank 5. Played 50 games at rank 6 and couldn't get that final win.

Just want someone willing to talk through plays and bare witness to how fucking screwed I am getting.

fertygo

I could use some helpful friends who wouldn't mind spectating me. Three times today I was one win from rank 5 but now I'm closer to rank 8 than rank 5. Played 50 games at rank 6 and couldn't get that final win.

Just want someone willing to talk through plays and bare witness to how fucking screwed I am getting.

What your NA tag?

Levi

Banned
f8162eca5db9860b26b4819afde2da5f.png

This is how a deck goes from a 70% winrate to under 60% in two days. Apologies for anyone who picked up this deck because I said it was good.

It is not. I need to lose about 28 more in a row to get to a 50% winrate since I did so well so early, but I'm pretty sure that's gonna happen at the rate I'm falling down the ladder.

Levi

Banned
the 70% should have been the outlier

Don't you get like 80 with your secret pally? Most of the frequent posters here get rank 5 the first week. They're not doing that at 60%.

I got rank 5 season in week three. I thought I'd get it this weekend. Instead I'm losing ranks faster than the rest of y'all climb them. No wonder everyone makes fun of me. I deserve it. If I get it at all it's going to be after all the good players have finished ranking up and I can face people as bad as I am.

I wish this game has a fair ladder. I wish I could face opponents at my skill level, instead of getting tossed against people so far above my skill level that I might as well be a day one new player playing against a string of top ten legend players.

I don't track it so hard to say exactly but idk how Yoshi does it, since I tend to get stuck on ranks with secret pally. This time in particular was impossible with both stock and nzoth list. On my way to 5 with my latest pirate pally version it had to be good only, stopped climbing with it once I almost reached 3 but have been stuck there for days.

Pooya

Do you still get 100g if you complete the classic set or did they remove it when standard hit?

I'm almost there finally, just need the beast, bgh and molten which I dusted... I don't have captain parrot, not sure if you still need that.

Levi

Banned
Do you still get 100g if you complete the classic set or did they remove it when standard hit?

I'm almost there finally, just need the beast, bgh and molten which I dusted... I don't have captain parrot, not sure if you still need that.

The quest is still there. No idea if Captain's Parrot is required.

Shinypogs

Have you tried changing the time of day you play your sessions? The ladder seems noticeably easier or harder depending on the time of day.

Levi

Banned
Brann Kazakus is the most busted bullshit.

Sadly there's zero chance this interaction gets addressed and we just have to put up with it until the rotation. They'll probably nerf the over-rated Stonetusk Pirate, but Kazakus will continue to quietly win games people have no right winning and no one will care.

Dahbomb

Brann Kazakus is the most busted bullshit.

Sadly there's zero chance this interaction gets addressed and we just to put up with it until the rotation. They'll probably nerf the over-rated Stonetusk Pirate, but Kazakus will continue to quietly win games people have no right winning and no one will care.
7 mana two Legendary card combo that requires a highlander deck even to pull off.

Of course there's a zero chance this gets addressed.

Levi

Banned
7 mana two Legendary card combo that requires a highlander deck even to pull off.

Of course there's a zero chance this gets addressed.

Well, even if Blizzard saw that Kazakus was busted they probably wouldn't do anything about it. They've got everyone rioting about Stonetusk Pirate and no one cares about Drakonid Operative or Kazakus being broken (and being double broken with Brann). Even when Brann rotates, these cards will still be gross.

I can't wait until LOE gets kicked out of this game. Maybe losing Reno and Brann will open up some room in the meta for a fun deck that isn't highlander bullshit.

Dahbomb

Renolock is the most fun and skillful deck. Sad that the salt is clouding the judgment. Because of it's construction a lot of cards are seeing play that wouldn't otherwise because of the highlander requirement.

Both ladder and competitive play is dominated by Patches at the moment. People throw around the world "overrated" without any merit and without any baseline standards. The card is meta defining at the moment, far more than either Kazakus or DrakOP. 4 of the 5 top decks utilize it, which is more than the maximum possible decks that Kazakus can be in.

After standard rotation, the highlander decks will receive a massive hit but the Patches deck will continue trucking along (except Aggro Shaman). So if Blizzard does intend on nerfing Patches then it's because of foresight and not just because of it's performance in the current meta.

Double legendary pack, one of them gold :O

Now I have both a gold and regular Deathwing and Onyxia, and some major decisions to make. I guess I dust both golds and do some crafting.

Tirion or Antonidas finally?
Aviana because that deck seems fun? She rotates soon though.
Raza?
White Eyes?

Paralyzed by indecision as is my custom

Currently leaning Raza/White Eyes because I like new and shiny

Renolock is the most fun and skillful deck. Sad that the salt is clouding the judgment. Because of it's construction a lot of cards are seeing play that wouldn't otherwise because of the highlander requirement.

Both ladder and competitive play is dominated by Patches at the moment. People throw around the world "overrated" without any merit and without any baseline standards. The card is meta defining at the moment, far more than either Kazakus or DrakOP. 4 of the 5 top decks utilize it, which is more than the maximum possible decks that Kazakus can be in.

After standard rotation, the highlander decks will receive a massive hit but the Patches deck will continue trucking along (except Aggro Shaman). So if Blizzard does intend on nerfing Patches then it's because of foresight and not just because of it's performance in the current meta.

I can't imagine blizzard is super pleased with patches atm.

But I don't see the issue with kazakus. Singleton decks have real drawbacks and sometimes kazakus doesn't even give you the options you need in a specific situation anyway. I think Kazakus is one of the better designed cards they've made in a while. It's fun, strong, and still not broken while being niche due to the triclass restrictions. If only don was a bit more versatile, hunter and paladin might be in a better spot.

Dahbomb

Don's issue is that it can be played in ANY of the tri class deck. You don't need a specific hand buff deck to play it unlike Aya and Kazakus. Kazakus REQUIRES a highlander deck and Aya needs Jade cards too.

That's probably why they didn't make Don too strong unlike those other tri class bosses.

Don's effect should've been something like "cards that are buffed in hand cost 0 mana" or something crazy like them being summoned onto the board automatically. That would make him worth playing in a hand buff deck but only in a hand buff deck.

Right now you can play Don in an OTK Leeroy Paladin deck. The deck isn't good BUT that shows that Don is usable in more than just a hand buff deck.

Another issue is that the hand buff just does not compare to either on board buff effects or the Jade buffs. Jade buffs are global wide buffs which makes them great top decks in late game situations. Goons top decks are absolutely garbage because of it. On the board buffs work for both Hunter and Paladin because Hunter has many deathrattle minions and Paladin has the hero power. Warrior was always going to be a bad target for minion buffing but good for weapon buffing which is why they got a bunch of weapon buff goons. But Warrior has enough weapon buffs as it is and they play Pirate Warrior instead.

By bit more versatile, I sorta mean just a little. If you could target the buff to a minion in your hand. Maybe it should buff the most expensive card in your hand instead of random. Perhaps even a little bit cheaper with stat reduction as another option.

e:
I had a great idea. Don should also reduce the cost of the card it buffs by 2.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just got my 2nd legendary in maybe a dozen or so Gadgetzan packs.

It was another Goya.

why is this my life

Levi

Banned
The worst, most broken garbage in this meta is still way less broken than the broken decks we've seen in the past.

Drakonid OP, Patches and Kazakus are all cards that are above the power curve. But they aren't Mysterious Challenger or Undertaker or FoN/SR.

Jadax

Urghh..feel like this month I'm going to remain around rank 17.

I'd been collecting hunter cards before MSoG released, and now it's dumpster tier.

Blizz needs to make it easier for f2p users.

Just came back as a renolock with out drawing Reno on 20 cards. Warrior had me down to one HP but 1 mana kazuks potion helped me get back.

Was able to steal his gromm and then got lethal

so i'm looking through my wild decks trying to see if any gadget cards can improve them...any sleeper cards that would improve wild patron zoth? the only one that stands out to me is grimy gadgeteer, but considering i can't squeeze either a second frothing berserker or ravaging ghoul in it to begin with, i can't justify taking anything out of that already tight list as its hard enough not squeezing those two in as it is.

Also does addled grizzly work with jades?

Shinypogs

I ask myself why I am stuck at rank 15-14 again this month. I then proceed to soulfire and mortal coil a fandral in panic and lose my reno. I won anyways due to making a good wall with Argus and kabal chemist giving me the 12hp priest potion. Oh and a shadow flame on my sea giant. Really need to craft a mountain giant to replace him with though.

I didn't deserve to win that and I don't deserve to be a higher rank until I learn to control my panic and remember that all decks are different. Fandral is never good news but he's less of a "game over" to my renolock then my secret hunter or zoolock.

Frustrating because I'm getting better in some regards and making dumb mistakes in others.

I ask myself why I am stuck at rank 15-14 again this month. I then proceed to soulfire and mortal coil a fandral in panic and lose my reno. I won anyways due to making a good wall with Argus and kabal chemist giving me the 12hp priest potion. Oh and a shadow flame on my sea giant. Really need to craft a mountain giant to replace him with though.

I didn't deserve to win that and I don't deserve to be a higher rank until I learn to control my panic and remember that all decks are different. Fandral is never good news but he's less of a "game over" to my renolock then my secret hunter or zoolock.

Frustrating because I'm getting better in some regards and making dumb mistakes in others.

Renolock is a very slow deck and is not very good for getting past rank 15-14 time wise IMO, you will win games but the star rate is going to be very slow compared to other quicker decks if your goal is to get into the single digits and you own a lot of other cards, very good once you start getting higher and win % becomes more important than speed tho, a crappy shaman player will hit single digits significantly faster than a great renolock player

hearth is being really wonky on my pc tonight, often making me restart due to connection after games are done (but not mid game, only right when a game is done which makes me suspicious), now i can't go online at all, anyone else having problems tonight?

hearth is being really wonky on my pc tonight, often making me restart due to connection after games are done (but not mid game, only right when a game is done which makes me suspicious), now i can't go online at all, anyone else having problems tonight?

Lots of lag and disconnecting. Probably DDOS.

Dahbomb

The worst, most broken garbage in this meta is still way less broken than the broken decks we've seen in the past.

Drakonid OP, Patches and Kazakus are all cards that are above the power curve. But they aren't Mysterious Challenger or Undertaker or FoN/SR.
Patches is MC and Undertaker tier.

People are going to realize it within a month. Most people have realized this by now though, the rest will come around.

Though we are going to have endless and fruitless debates over "how good is Patches" so I will just say that what I am saying is probably an unpopular opinion and is going on the extreme of things.

bjaelke

warrior is good in arena! just picked this class for questing in arena and it turns out that I have a lot of success with it. I was lucky to draft 2 legendaries though (onyxia and don hancho).

It's alright at best and that requires you to have drafted 4-5 weapons.

fertygo

Patches is MC and Undertaker tier.

People are going to realize it within a month. Most people have realized this by now though, the rest will come around.

Though we are going to have endless and fruitless debates over "how good is Patches" so I will just say that what I am saying is probably an unpopular opinion and is going on the extreme of things.

Really?

every known player already spread their frustation about patches at this point, card banned from batstone despite its new card.. nobody want patches exist

Dahbomb

So Kabal Courier...

Good card or bad card?

I am leaning towards good card right now but not quite good enough to see consistent play. I vastly prefer it over Kabal Chemist though, mostly because the randomness is less and the 3 mana slot is less crowded for the Kabal classes.

I started the expansion playing the card a lot. Then when it time to refine the deck some more to fit the meta, that's the card I ended up removing first. Not that it was bad standalone but it didn't fit against the meta and I needed room for more anti aggro tech in Renolock.

Also Kabal Courier plus Bran... nice.

Dahbomb

By the way I asked this question before the expansion but it was confirmed through playtesting that Jade Golems are in fact capped at 30/30.

You get a new art at 20/20, the Golem looks like a Godzilla sized beast destroying towns!

Jade_Golem_animation.gif

fertygo

So Kabal Courier...

Good card or bad card?

I am leaning towards good card right now but not quite good enough to see consistent play. I vastly prefer it over Kabal Chemist though, mostly because the randomness is less and the 3 mana slot is less crowded for the Kabal classes.

I started the expansion playing the card a lot. Then when it time to refine the deck some more to fit the meta, that's the card I ended up removing first. Not that it was bad standalone but it didn't fit against the meta and I needed room for more anti aggro tech in Renolock.

Also Kabal Courier plus Bran... nice.
Seem just exclusive card for reno mage at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom