• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I think sometimes jaraxus inflates the ego a bit too much and people are prone to misplays.
Hell yes, been there done that.

But that DOA play was still bad especially when she could've used the Demonwrath to steal and set up a 5/4 Taunt for free. Would've been an extra charge he needed to use with Gorehowl and put her out of range enough to draw the Ooze to deny the lethal.

Lifecoach using PPP in Renolock.... as prophecized.

Wait, pirate package in Reno lock? That's actually kinda clever with Jaraxxus, but idk what you'd cut to make room for it to be worth it.

Been on the road today so I haven't been able to watch :(

Dahbomb

Wait, pirate package in Reno lock? That's actually kinda clever with Jaraxxus, but idk what you'd cut to make room for it to be worth it.

Been on the road today so I haven't been able to watch :(
He's not playing Ooze but then again he's also playing Harrison.

Strange list all around to be honest but he clean seeped with it.

And the only Pirate is the 1/2 that removes Durability along with Patches. It's like a Zombie Chow that takes up two slots in the deck but gives you initiative and has no drawback.

could be fun in wild renolock with that mech leggy that gives both people a weapon and harrison/ooze

I think I dusted my blingtron. Really don't plan to play wild, so I went through a couple weeks ago and blew up some stuff to craft new things. Didn't get rid of everything, but hey it was free dust laying around.

soggoth can do some work in renolock if you're missing a card or two, i don't have that bruiser taunt so i run him instead and it can really be a huge eff u in reno priest/mage/lock mirrors

Some renolock lists have been known to run black knight, eek.

yeowch haven't seen that yet, i could see that in wild but man, i don't think i'd tech him in standard at this point

they'd probably use it on shambler or a sunfury first tho anyway , interesting if that ends up being worthwhile, i could do it but off the bat i don't think its worth it in std

Finalow

High skill cap means a lot of people are not playing it properly and screwing up the win rates.

It's not just hard to play but hard to build and tech... since over a third of the deck is tech cards that you need to be swapping in and out based on where you are in the ranks.

Plus if one of your bad match up is the BEST deck in the game at high ranks... then you probably don't deserve to be tier 1 anyway even with proper piloting.
it makes more sense if it's based on win rates, but at that point the list doesn't really reflect the actual strength of most of those decks.

that being said, I can't see the current Renolock not being tier 1. not sure what best deck you had in mind (aggro Shaman?) but against aggro decks unless they have a really good opening Renolock can usually recover, hence why a lot of people use that deck to climb to top ranks in legend.

idk why u would put more than 3 pirates into a shaman deck honestly. even if u don't mulligan spirit claws (or the jade ones which i don't think are good either without a deck stacked with jade), t1 bucaneer into flametongue is so strong, and flametongue makes even drawing patches not that big of a deal honestly since you're managing overload so much. the 2/1 charge is such trash compared to all the OP cards shaman is stacked with rn

I actually ran into a hand lock tonight (while playing reno mage). It started with mountain giant, into mountain giant, into twilight drake, into faceless shambler, into number 2 twilight drake. He had a board like 5 wide at one, mostly 4/10s. Ended up being pretty interesting match, here is the replay: https://hsreplay.net/replay/ikP2r37i4YNLPvAVxteu6E

Kazakus was instrumental in clearing that board state.

e:
Deal 5 damage and deal 4 damage so good.

e2:

Saw this on twitter (I rated this card pretty well)

Cz2zNZuVIAAQTne.jpg

Zoggy

the aggro shaman and pirate meta is reaching critical mass.

brought my old zoolock and i'm eating those fuckers for breakfast.

zoolock will always end up being a tier 1 deck after meta settles confirmed

renolock is lame, they will suck once reno goes out. zoolock doesn't give a shit about what rotates out it'll just put in another broken 1-2 drop and move on.

rahji

warrior is good in arena! just picked this class for questing in arena and it turns out that I have a lot of success with it. I was lucky to draft 2 legendaries though (onyxia and don hancho).

pixelish

i think when reno is rotated out of standard, priest will have the strongest highlander deck. even with my wonky mid-budget reno priest deck, i seldom rely on reno to turn the odds into my favour.

im glad aggro shaman and pirate warrior shat up the ladder when i was busy spending my coin on arena for expansion packs, now that i'm doing it midrange shaman absolutely rips all these dragon priests and renos trying to farm aggro decks up to single digits

Finalow

^ lol ekop

They have Rogue as the best deck and that beats Renolock.
I can see Rogue being annoying when using Sap on big minions/taunts and cycling the entire deck with Auctioneer, but if there is one deck to have enough AoE to kill concealed minions and cards to stop a huge early Edwin I'd say that's Renolock. if anything, all the others non-aggro decks should struggle more because they don't have as many answers.
even assuming that's the most unfavorable match up for Renolock, I wouldn't say it's so bad that the deck gets knocked out of tier 1 because of it.

Dahbomb

Yeah that was a Rogue vs Renolock match up alright.

PPP ended up doing like 12 damage that game but that didn't even matter in the end.

ScribbleD

I've probably been 80/20 vs. Reno Lock with my Reno Mage.

Secret top-tier deck right there. Just farm them out.

Yeah. Reno mage is the matchup I just dread when playing Reno lock right now.

OMFG DAT KAZAKUS TO SUMMON MINIONS INTO LEEROY!

That scumbag lethal.

There are a few different ways he could have had lethal that turn. Damage on either side of the potion itself, or it could have also re-summoned the Rag that died earlier.

Shinypogs

Savjs da renolock gawd.. that reverse sweep on seatstory stream was amazing

Just caught up with vods. Damn but that was impressive play. I'm learning so much and being entertained at the same time. It is hilarious that people refuse to ban it against him. I understand that people assume they have a better chance vs it but that isn't proving to be true.

I do find it interesting how much variation there is in renolock in terms of win conditions. I'm using the leeroy combo myself since it was the only one available to me. I wonder if one variation will ever become the only version we see played at tournaments.

Levi

Banned
7d58fa4db9a8e12bc0c894e8aa8793e4.png

6 of my last 9 games were against Priest.

11 of last 26.

This is after seeing 1 Priest in the climb from 18 to 6.

The stupid game realized Priest is a bad match up and suddenly it's more than half of what I face.

I love this "totally random" match-making.

My favorite part is that if I switch decks all the Priests will disappear.

My other favorite part is that Vicious Syndicate Live Report has priest as 11% of the rank 6 meta. I should be seeing Priest once every ten games, not every game in a goddamn row.

Finalow

to be fair, that reynad turn 6 with Rogue was utterly disgusting. with a Drake on board he got at the end of the turn a 7/7 Questing and a 10/10 Edwin + a conceal, he also had Leeroy in hand. pretty much nothing wins against that, lol.

7d58fa4db9a8e12bc0c894e8aa8793e4.png

6 of my last 9 games were against Priest.

11 of last 26.

This is after seeing 1 Priest in the climb from 18 to 6.

The stupid game realized Priest is a bad match up and suddenly it's more than half of what I face.

I love this "totally random" match-making.

My favorite part is that if I switch decks all the Priests will disappear.

My other favorite part is that Vicious Syndicate Live Report has priest as 11% of the rank 6 meta. I should be seeing Priest once every ten games, not every game in a goddamn row.

Did I get deleted in all your rage again :O

Double legendary pack, one of them gold :O

Now I have both a gold and regular Deathwing and Onyxia, and some major decisions to make. I guess I dust both golds and do some crafting.

Tirion or Antonidas finally?
Aviana because that deck seems fun? She rotates soon though.
Raza?
White Eyes?

Paralyzed by indecision as is my custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom