• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaky

hearth is being really wonky on my pc tonight, often making me restart due to connection after games are done (but not mid game, only right when a game is done which makes me suspicious), now i can't go online at all, anyone else having problems tonight?

Yeah, literally can't find a game. Have to eventually close and when I re-open the whole thing is frozen at "re-connecting to game" even though I was never in one.

I feel like Courier gets a lot more consideration with the next set rotation. Obviously we don't know what cards are coming but more than likely Zoolock and Tempo Mage will be looking to fill gaps.

Dragner

that why I value more the curator builds over the malkorok ones. I preffer not to play with Ben Brode meme cards in my decks.

I just got sick watching Savjz vs Orange, dragon pirate warrior and aggro shaman are so disgusting and highlight everything that is wrong with hearthstone.

Dre

Hey Hearthstone friends. I just started using the new decktracker replay feature and was curious if they are available to view for others or if it is just linked to my account.

I hope this is okay to post but is anyone able to see my replay as well at the following link?

https://hsreplay.net/replay/qGYMnWjSmNJ95C5qLuEBYJ

On the right side you can set the visibility of your replays yourself by choosing 'public' or 'unlisted'.
Yours seems to be public even though I can't see the replay, but I think there's currently a bug with the site, because my own replays are not showing either.
But I can see your deck and I'm wondering why you're running Patches? He is literally the only Pirate in your deck. Might as well run Stonetusk instead.

On the right side you can set the visibility of your replays yourself by choosing 'public' or 'unlisted'.
Yours seems to be public even though I can't see the replay, but I think there's currently a bug with the site, because my own replays are not showing either.
But I can see your deck and I'm wondering why you're running Patches? He is literally the only Pirate in your deck. Might as well run Stonetusk instead.

There shouldn't be a patches thats a bug

..oorr wow there was. I was messing around with adding some pirates into this but didn't like it and looks like I left him in. Thanks for pointing that out!

So Kabal Courier...

Good card or bad card?

I am leaning towards good card right now but not quite good enough to see consistent play. I vastly prefer it over Kabal Chemist though, mostly because the randomness is less and the 3 mana slot is less crowded for the Kabal classes.

I started the expansion playing the card a lot. Then when it time to refine the deck some more to fit the meta, that's the card I ended up removing first. Not that it was bad standalone but it didn't fit against the meta and I needed room for more anti aggro tech in Renolock.

Also Kabal Courier plus Bran... nice.

courier can get you a second kazakus

or let you pull your first one in arena (clutched me a game pulling kaz, sitting on it and eventually getting a 5 mana spell)

so uhhh, rank 18 > 9 with midrange shaman the past 2 or 3 days, have lost twice with it. i've just seen my first pirate warrior in that streak and have barely seen any aggro at all, sans a couple of shamans. everyone is playing anti aggro and MRS eating it alive, esp the jade garbage, priests have been the most common class and they just can't keep up most of the time and azure drake wrecks dragonfire. very easy deck to slide into single digits bc everyone below 10 is playing anti aggro and all the good aggro decks are below that already.

aggro shaman is a very tough matchup , wish i had a second lightning storm in my deck when i play them but having the late game just lets you win against those control classes that aggro can't do as well i think

I just like courier for the additional brann synergy tbh. Brann is so good with kazakus but sometimes you play kazakus before brann and later brann can be a bit underwhelming so you always want a synergy card. Which is also why I run ethereal conjurer. In some ways brann ethereal is just as strong as kazakus, if you get some great options of course. It's not as consistent as kazakus in that respect.

Hero

Renolock is a very slow deck and is not very good for getting past rank 15-14 time wise IMO, you will win games but the star rate is going to be very slow compared to other quicker decks if your goal is to get into the single digits and you own a lot of other cards, very good once you start getting higher and win % becomes more important than speed tho, a crappy shaman player will hit single digits significantly faster than a great renolock player

This is exactly what I came to earlier in the week. I love the RenoLock deck but it can be so long, especially against another control matchup, that it just simply wasn't worth piloting in the high levels. Switched to Aggro Shaman and even without Patches I flew up to 14 now just because of the sheer amount of games I was able to get in.

fertygo

This is exactly what I came to earlier in the week. I love the RenoLock deck but it can be so long, especially against another control matchup, that it just simply wasn't worth piloting in the high levels. Switched to Aggro Shaman and even without Patches I flew up to 14 now just because of the sheer amount of games I was able to get in.
Rank 14 is high level now?
wow that combo is disgusting.

Pretty Honorable.

Tacitus_

Pretty Honorable.

hvxOQJm.png

Levi

Banned
Why do people like seat story? Twice I've tuned in and the casting was about the worst garbage imaginable. Whether it's Hafu covering the game with meme videos instead or Noxious asking someone who can't speak English insultingly easy questions, whatever fucking happened to just showing some goddamn hearthstone.

Freeze mage is a deck.

I said you can't tech against it.

Those are different things.

Okay then you could lower your curve and prevent them from building a board, there were cards like Kezan Mystic and MCT that also worked pretty well. Silence was quintessential for a MC turn,... You could tech against it, the tech just wasn't the most effective.

Priest was a huge pain a turn 1 NSC or Zombie Chow almost backbreaking.

certainly higher than 5, bigly. He's right climbing with control decks is not worth it unless you get like a 80% winrate. Since for every 1 match you can play 3 with an aggro deck.

patchday

I always like Seatstory cause I like the announcers and the game, duh lol

(alright gotta run for real now yall have a good one and enjoy the match)

Hero

Pretty Honorable.

Well, Hearthstone the lower the rank you are, the better, so I think 14 is somewhat high, no?

Okay then you could lower your curve and prevent them from building a board, there were cards like Kezan Mystic and MCT that also worked pretty well. Silence was quintessential for a MC turn,... You could tech against it, the tech just wasn't the most effective.

Priest was a huge pain a turn 1 NSC or Zombie Chow almost backbreaking.

certainly higher than 5, bigly. He's right climbing with control decks is not worth it unless you get like a 80% winrate. Since for every 1 match you can play 3 with an aggro deck.

Yeah, this pretty much. I'd rather take a 60-65% winrate on a deck where matches only take 5 minutes max than a 70-75% winrate where matches regularly take 10 minutes. Not to mention I think people are more likely to concede against aggro if they don't have it versus the control games where I think the mindset is "I can get this guy if we make it to fatigue."

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
you also get a 3/3 body with it. :p
it's probably the best 1 mana potion you could ever get, meaning you will see that maybe one time out of 10 tries, but still insane how much value it can provide.

Any given potion has around a 25-30% chance of occurring depending on mana cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom