• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamminen

Pavel needs to cast more. Russian accent, no sense of humor, likes honorable stuff. 10/10 would watch another tournament casted by him.

Levi

Banned
Well, Hearthstone the lower the rank you are, the better, so I think 14 is somewhat high, no?
."

According to the people here, your worth as a human being is tied to whether or not hit you can hit 5 every month.

The very best part is that even once you do hit 5 all the people who mocked you and denigrated you and took every opportunity to remind you how shit you are don't actually apologize or anything. They just find some new reason to mock you.

Hero

According to the people here, your worth as a human being is tied to whether or not hit you can hit 5 every month.

The very best part is that even once you do hit 5 all the people who mocked you and denigrated you and took every opportunity to remind you how shit you are don't actually apologize or anything. They just find some new reason to mock you.

Yeah, I was saying high as in its still high number wise, not actually high in the ladder. But yeah, people need to measure their e-peen with numbers.

Levi

Banned
Try them.

I'm pretty sure they will.

If the people who post in this thread dont have shit to say when people are mocking me, than it's pointless to ping a mod anyway. Why would I make myself even more hated than I already am?

and it's not like a fucking GAF mod is going to make it so I can go in certain Twitch chats again.

The most toxic people here will go on my ignore list here, doesn't do much good when they get quoted and I have to be exposed to their crap anyway but oh well.

Speaking of toxic people, this guy BM emoted me turn 1 and then roped every turn until I got sick of it and conceded:

SprdOqS.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What number of dragons do you think you need to justify two Drak Ops?

It feels wrong to run any priest without using drak ops.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What number of dragons do you think you need to justify two Drak Ops?

It feels wrong to run any priest without using drak ops.

I think the general rule is something like 9 dragons in the deck. So 7 others plus the two Drak Ops. Sold be OK as long as you Mulligan aggressively and keep and dragons you draw most of the time.

Dahbomb

Who are these people? Start name dropping them because I have not seen these people denigrate others based on rank. Show posts, user names and receipts please so we can all denigrate them instead.

Speaking of dragon priest... damn torik is bricking on his draws.

e:
It's approaching reynad levels. The renolock has drawn more dragons than the dragon priest.

e2:
wow he conceded after like 9 turns of not drawing a single dragon I don't blame him.

Speaking of toxic people, this guy BM emoted me turn 1 and then roped every turn until I got sick of it and conceded:

SprdOqS.jpg
I love players like this. Gives me so much time to do other shit while I'm playing lol.

And I've started doing that whole "fuck with people on the turn I could possibly have lethal, but don't and I'm gonna bluff it"
It works surprisingly well. Really odd that people are so quick to concede instead of just waiting to see if they're beat. I've not once conceded when someone was pointing a spell at me. I'll be at 2 hp against a Mage taunting me and pointing some spell at me until the rope, only for it to be an Ice Lance.

Levi

Banned
Who are these people? Start name dropping them because I have not seen these people denigrate others based on rank. Show posts, user names and receipts please so we can all denigrate them instead.

No, you're right, I'm a fucking liar making it all up.

My first hand experience doesn't matter.

I should have to go through thousands of posts in the old thread to find proof for you.

Seems reasonable.

Dahbomb

No, you're right, I'm a fucking liar making it all up.

My first hand experience doesn't matter.

I should have to go through thousands of posts in the old thread to find proof for you.

Seems reasonable.
I am not calling you a liar, I am saying I may have missed these people, especially if they posted in older threads. If they were pointed out then I would put them on blast for taking seriously rank in a children's card game.

Been having a lot of luck with this aggro druid (no one steal this pls let people keep playing pirate decks)

https://hsreplay.net/replay/VVJUL5GDV6c7fLHocBCSZi

Finally landed my combo of turn 4 mukla + celestial dreamer

I broke through a doom sayer AND an ancient of war to win on turn 6

Real nice. Only criticism I have is that you should have played the mounted raptor and saved swipe in case you had to get passed another taunt. Otherwise real strong play. Celestial dreamer seems like a good card but druid has so many good cards atm it kinda gets ignored.

I am not calling you a liar, I am saying I may have missed these people, especially if they posted in older threads. If they were pointed out then I would put them on blast for taking seriously rank in a children's card game.

I haven't seen it either. I think a rank 15 person will hit a high rank if they put enough time and effort into the game. It's not that difficult.

Finishing top 100 legend though is a different story, especially if you can manage it on a consistent basis.

Even rank 15 is pretty good tbh, considered like top 25%?

Real nice. Only criticism I have is that you should have played the mounted raptor and saved swipe in case you had to get passed another taunt. Otherwise real strong play. Celestial dreamer seems like a good card but druid has so many good cards atm it kinda gets ignored.

I haven't seen it either. I think a rank 15 person will hit a high rank if they put enough time and effort into the game. It's not that difficult.

Finishing top 100 legend though is a different story, especially if you can manage it on a consistent basis.

Even rank 15 is pretty good tbh, considered like top 25%?

Good call thanks for the insight gonna watch the replay again. I tend to play on the very risky side and its something that I know I should get over. On good days, when I truly focus I tend to play the safest. I've reached Rank 1 and 3 wins away from legend but stay pretty much around the ~10 rank range playing rather unconventional decks and going for 'hail marrys' only to be stopped short by a single taunt. So this was kind of a lucky scenario. I'm currently 6-1 with the deck at rank 15 and its fun giving people bananas.

edit: Watched it and damn good call just learned a new lesson. Love when that happens on decks I like playing. Thanks again!

Also, I seem to have trouble with dragon priest on just about every deck I play. What's a good counter? I've heard renolock is good but is there anything else?

Shinypogs

I didn't mean to cause fighting. I also don't care about climbing fast with renolock. I care about improving my skill. Knowing when to use which removal, how to judge if I'm suppose to be trading or going face, knowing how low I can go before reno in each  matchup etc.

I want to be a better rank both for the rewards* and because it will mean I've made progress. However in my last post I made it clear I was still making huge mistakes and have a long way to go before I deserve to be a better rank.

* never managed to open highmanes and had to dust monthly rewards to craft them for my secret hunter deck. They improved my Winrate a tonne in the months before the expansion. The better my rank the more resources I get to improve my decks.

patchday

Back from errands etc. Can catch the end of Seatstory live, yay

Well, Hearthstone the lower the rank you are, the better, so I think 14 is somewhat high, no?

this is wrong. rank 14 is top 25% of the playerbase. It is fairly respectable. If you look at MOBAs etc I believe top 25% is the equivalent of 'Gold'. It is really tough for f2ps to get to 15 (even Kripp complains he hated getting on his f2p account nowadays)

edit- found this link for LoL's elo system. Wow so I guess Gold is the equivalent of our ranks 11 and above.

Levi

Banned

I tried to find the post that really hurt my feelings... when someone I thought was my friend suggested to another poster who was asking my advice that they should "ask him how to get to rank 5." I even PMed the guy asking him why he did that, but didn't get a response.

Found a few other posts I'm still holding a grudge about, though. Fun to relive these memories! Thank you so much for this!

3wetGiN.png

Got made fun of for posting Boar Control's Spellpower Shaman list that came out right after Kara launched. Not only was I the first person in the thread to post about what became THE meta-defining deck, but I had to eat shit about it from people claiming I'm too stupid to recognize the difference between an aggressive midrange deck and a control deck but who themselves are too stupid to know what a fucking apostrophe means when it's in the title of a deck.

lsDs3dE.png

This is me getting called a scrub because I said Kindly Grandmother was going to a super strong card in the already very strong midrange hunter decklist. Most people thought KG was shit and here's a friendly poster calling me out for being low-ranked. One of many examples I'm sure I could find if I kept at it.

5KMZg2b.png

Here's the post I most regret making. Not only was I not invited to the chat, now I have to deal with someone who pops up in some of the twitch chats I used to frequent so they can tell me over and over that I should kill myself. I frequently do have suicidal thoughts so now some of the streamers I used to enjoy watching are off-limits to me.

I tried to find the post that really hurt my feelings... when someone I thought was my friend suggested to another poster who was asking my advice that they should "ask him how to get to rank 5." I even PMed the guy asking him why he did that, but didn't get a response.

Found a few other posts I'm still holding a grudge about, though. Fun to relive these memories! Thank you so much for this!

3wetGiN.png

Got made fun of for posting Boar Control's Spellpower Shaman list that came out right after Kara launched. Not only was I the first person in the thread to post about what became THE meta-defining deck, but I had to eat shit about it from people claiming I'm too stupid to recognize the difference between an aggressive midrange deck and a control deck but who themselves are too stupid to know what a fucking apostrophe means when it's in the title of a deck.

And right after it was clarified that the deck was named boarcontrol after the player. I read board control or just boar control as in a control deck. Honest mistake.

So I made an honest mistake and in return I am called "who themselves are too stupid to know what a fucking apostrophe means when it's in the title of a deck."

But I'm the toxic poster? What the actual fuck.

Dahbomb

I remember that first post. That was a definite misunderstanding that got cleared up afterwards (that the guy's name was Control, not that the actual deck was control Shaman). It definitely ended up being nasty at the start though which is regretful. I already knew who that person was and the intention wasn't to be toxic.

The Kindly Grandmother post is LOL though. Shouldn't have blacked out the name so we could call that person out for not only incorrectly judging a card but also bringing rank into it. Make judgment on cards based on reasoning not on ranks. Except Malchezaar of course. Though the person wasn't making a definitive statement about how good Grandmother is, the person didn't seem all that sure to be honest.

As far as inviting to Twitch groups, me and whoever makes those always make it a point to invite everyone who posts. I remember inviting Levi in though sometimes mistyping is involved or the other person doesn't look in the right place (this is NOT directed at you but in general people have issues finding where to go). There has been NO active declining of invites, I can 100% assure you that.

patchday

to be fair- you do see different success and win rates based on tier of the ladder as seen in those 'vs reaper reports'. But I guess those stats are based on a sample but there are some minor fluctations.

[edit] This is why I usually state my rank when I give my opinions so people can go like, "oh he's speaking from the point of view of someone around rank 11-12, etc". But if no rank is indicated I assume the poster is rank 5 or better.

Levi

Banned
The Kindly Grandmother post is LOL though. Shouldn't have blacked out the name so we could call that person out for not only incorrectly judging a card but also bringing rank into it. Make judgment on cards based on reasoning not on ranks. Except Malchezaar of course.

Just so long as it's understood that I am not lying when I say that I have been made to feel like a second class citizen here because I have trouble hitting my goals.

In July I was open about how much of a struggle it was for me to hit the single digits ranks. Now I'm open that rank 5 isn't as easy for me to get as it is for the rest of you. I have to take some shit because of that. I own up that I'm below average at this game. Just look at my current avatar. I'm improving at least, maybe someday I'll be good enough at the game to earn the right to be treated like a human being.

Dahbomb

Look man we are all friends here and we try to keep things light. This is just a game after all, no need to spread toxicity over it. That's what Twitch chat is for.

I feel sorry that you felt bad about previous posts. I feel that most of them were not posted the way they were intended and it can be taken the wrong way. These things are very common on forums, it's best to assume the best of intentions rather than the worst. You are not wrong to feel the way you do and we will try to make this place better.

Now do the right thing and accept my friend request on Battle.net! I am Danthebadass#1260.

I have definitely seem the thread talk down about not hitting rank 5 on numerous occasions. I've probably been a part of it, as well.

If something hurts your feelings, Levi, I encourage you to say so right away so it can be addressed.

In other news: I played some Midrange Shaman two nights ago and had a lot of success. Something like 7-2. I want to try and hit rank 5 with it again this month.

I have definitely seem the thread talk down about not hitting rank 5 on numerous occasions. I've probably been a part of it, as well.

Is saying "maybe that deck works at low ranks but gets slaughtered at high ranks" really making fun of someone's rank? I think that is often true. I've played a lot of decks that seem great while ranking up then you run into good decks on a consistent basis and the deck or my use of the deck just shows how different the game can feel between different ranks.

patchday

Speaking from the point of view of someone that's gonna stop at rank 11 this season I do sincerely believe someone that can hit rank 5 is my superior I'm not gonna lie. But i started in WoTG so yeah.... I don't mind not being the best though lol I am perfectly satisfied. I actually meant to stop at rank 15 but the meta has gotten so fast I actually found it was more to my liking

I might try to get to rank 10 but meh the rewards not much better. I'd have to go for rank 5. Can I do it? Probably but I got other games to play :)

Even if I do hit rank 5 its with fast aggro decks. I'd still respect others more (even Control Warrior players lol they make more decisions thats just the facts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom