• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

600g saved up towards the next expansion, I figure in 4 months I should have enough for 50-70 packs. Having to grab the first wing of blackrock for Thaurissan hurt my progress but I'm steady now. Almost tempted to grab the second wing of loe for brann because he's silly good in renolock but he dosen't fit in the other decks I play and nothing else in that wing is useful/important to me.

Speaking of loe why do I almost never see dart trap used by other secret hunters? It's too much of an investment for me to go getting it but it seems like a better snipe in some ways because you can't really play around it.

600g saved up towards the next expansion, I figure in 4 months I should have enough for 50-70 packs. Having to grab the first wing of blackrock for Thaurissan hurt my progress but I'm steady now. Almost tempted to grab the second wing of loe for brann because he's silly good in renolock but he dosen't fit in the other decks I play and nothing else in that wing is useful/important to me.

Speaking of loe why do I almost never see dart trap used by other secret hunters? It's too much of an investment for me to go getting it but it seems like a better snipe in some ways because you can't really play around it.
It can hit face.

Shinypogs

It can but that's also not a bad thing. I mean I'd consider it a more playable secret than hidden cache. Is the unpredictability really that bad or do people just find the current secret hunter decks are refined enough to not need/want it.

Edit: I wouldn't replace snipe with it or play itbon a turn when snipe is the better choice. I just think it'd be a good addition that seems to be overlooked .

KuroNeeko

I know hating on Priest is all en-vogue and whatnot, but life sucks when the top two decks in the current meta are Miracle Rogue and Reno Lock.

WTF, Blizzard. Just kill everything but Dragon Priest already.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh hey Aggro Shaman is in vogue. That's cool. I'll make that. How mandatory is Aya?

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

Fucking Shaman uses Maelstrom portal twice and gets Weasel Tunneler BOTH TIMES

So I just fucking lose on turn 7 because Reno doesn't work anymore.

I am so fucking pissed. SHIT.

That's amazing.

ScribbleD

Just had a super fun rogue mirror that ended with me bluffing my way to a win.

It came down to him with lethal on board for his next turn and me with a concealed tomb pillager vs. 9 points of life he had left. I had conceal in hand, so I needed to top deck either my only remaining cold bloods, my only remaining eviscerate, or an auctioneer so I could maybe cycle for one of those. I draw a counterfeit coin off the top that turn. So I hit him in the face with the tomb pillager to put him at 4 health, and I do the "well played" emote, and then play the coin followed by the greeting emote, and then hovered the Conceal over the board for a second so it looks like I'm just delaying something useful.

He must have thought it was an Eviscerate or Cold Blood that I had just used the coin to activate. He conceded a few seconds later. I would have literally been dead the second I hit end turn if he hadn't done that. Haha.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

This story fills me with life.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Welp.

05S7IYc.jpg

Had 3 coins in hand on turn 6, dropped auctioneer and hit double backstab, double prep and was able to play fan of knives, drop van cleef, and conceal.

Auctioneer is so damn gross.

scarlet

Just had the weirdest match.

Playing dragon priest against a rogue that using brann + shadowcaster + rafaam. Artifacts rogue?

I made a lot of missplay. Luckily my brann was survived so I could get extra draws from azure Drake and 12 free damage and lethal from corruptors the next turn.

Levi

Banned
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

Dude that's rough. There's unlucky, and there's that. :(

Crafted a TON of shit today. Looking forward to playing some new decks.

Patches
Aya
Jaraxxus
Leeroy
Dragonfire Potions x 2
Bloodmage Thalnos
Fandral

Time to have some fun!

That's a nice haul there!

I know hating on Priest is all en-vogue and whatnot, but life sucks when the top two decks in the current meta are Miracle Rogue and Reno Lock.

WTF, Blizzard. Just kill everything but Dragon Priest already.

Well, Dragon Priest got all the OP cards. Control priest got a weird two drop, lol.

(cwar didn't get much either, so I'm kind of adrift looking for a deck to love)

Oh hey Aggro Shaman is in vogue. That's cool. I'll make that. How mandatory is Aya?

In my run to rank 5 I think I played her once. The deck is probably fine without the card.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
C'mon, mayne...

You gotta admit...

That's pretty funny...

That's incredible!

This is the game you play.

Okay, that's pretty awesome.

I had one Shaman get that card off Maelstrom Portal and then I used Potion of Madness on it to put it back in his deck. He ended up top decking it when I had lethal on board lol.

That's amazing.

This story fills me with life.
You all just made the list.

patchday

What a marvelous time to be a Rogue! renolock dead by turn 5 :)

https://hsreplay.net/replay/UfGFNMRFWGTzCoVB6B6uxj

coin+pillager on turn 3 is quite nasty. Still won even though I had one misplay that cost me to lose 2 dmg to the lock

Welp.

05S7IYc.jpg

Had 3 coins in hand on turn 6, dropped auctioneer and hit double backstab, double prep and was able to play fan of knives, drop van cleef, and conceal.

Auctioneer is so damn gross.

dang that is nice

fertygo

I honestly think Rogue is overrated atm

they still lose to top tier aggro, n player of slower deck like renolock and priest starting to figure out how to consistently beat that Rogue list as long they not had de nutz

wiibomb

coined out a 10/10 edwin on Turn 3. I love you so much Counterfeit coin. I could write a love note to that card.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/RwNZ95C5gYvgCvXwvpb4mP

Expansion has been so good. so glad I'm off this week. I just might keep playing on ladder quite a bit.

I know that is some huge minion on turn 3, but against a rogue with a potential sap on hand, I find that play way too risky, it can potentially screw the whole game if that edwin is sapped.

I find Edwin at best as a 6/6 or 8/8 on later turns, like 7 or 8.

not that your hand had much to play though, so in the end it went nice for you.

they still lose to top tier aggro, n player of slower deck like renolock and priest starting to figure out how to consistently beat that Rogue list as long they not had de nutz

do they, aggro decks need to draw the nuts not to lose in my experience. You can fprce them to make so many trades or outright remove their board.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Miracle rogue is a deck I need to play more of.

I like it but I would need like 5000 more dust to make it. All I have is Van Cleef as far as the legendaries, and I don't even have a single preparation.

patchday

I know that is some huge minion on turn 3, but against a rogue with a potential sap on hand, I find that play way too risky, it can potentially screw the whole game if that edwin is sapped.

I find Edwin at best as a 6/6 or 8/8 on later turns, like 7 or 8.

not that your hand had much to play though, so in the end it went nice for you.

most rogues only run 1 sap now as their only removal. I always go for early edwin against them now. Should be good against aggro shaman too, etc

aggro shaman should just try go wide with feral and throw away 7/7 its gg most of time

n pirate warrior would just hit with weapon multiple times

your minions are better than pirates they have to trade. When shaman curves out you really can't do shit but if you eviscerate their totem golem on curve they are in trouble

patchday

wish I had Avianna so I could try the Kun + Avianna gimmick just for goofing off (not serious ladder). only sitting on 2300 dust though and dont want to blow it on stupid stuff

Too bad we can't 'trial' a card or something just to mess around in offline mode

(granted I do have a lot of gold cards i could dust... hm....)

patchday

yeah I cant really say myself I need way more games with the deck. still less than 10 games played (with the recommended pirate miracle deck)

Hycran

Banned
Just did the math and have 4350 in duplicate golden cards not including my golden Harrison. That's in addition to 1750 in normal dupes. I'm trying not to get rid of golden cards, but it's tempting to craft patches.

Inversive

Gonna uninstall this garbage, never seen the game in such a shitty place before. The devs are clearly incompetent/clueless about their own game and playerbase. Losing 4 games to Reno jank and then the 5th a turn 4 loss to pirate cancer was the last straw for me.

I'm not exactly pro (rank 10 atm) but the game just isn't fun to me anymore :( too much garbage players running the same garbage decks cos there's no creativity anymore.

sorry for the rant guys, hope you all have fun!

Levi

Banned
Gonna uninstall this garbage, never seen the game in such a shitty place before. The devs are clearly incompetent/clueless about their own game and playerbase. Losing 4 games to Reno jank and then the 5th a turn 4 loss to pirate cancer was the last straw for me.

I'm not exactly pro (rank 10 atm) but the game just isn't fun to me anymore :( too much garbage players running the same garbage decks cos there's no creativity anymore.

Enjoy your new free time! And if you decide to come back later, well, we'll be here waiting!

ZZMitch

Give Duelyst a try if you are still interested in card games. I started playing it yesterday for similar reasons (Hearthstone growing a bit old right now, too much RNG and stuff).

AndersK

Just did the math and have 4350 in duplicate golden cards not including my golden Harrison. That's in addition to 1750 in normal dupes. I'm trying not to get rid of golden cards, but it's tempting to craft patches.

I always DE my golden cards of whatever expansion just rotated out, to save me for buying to many packs. Pulled the trigger on my TGT-cards. The 9000 dust helped.

patchday

oh hell yeah rank 10 achieved. I am truly a happy man. Too bad I gotta keep going if I want the Golden Epic ladder reward.

I dont think this was easy I think I played a crap ton of matches and didnt even have time to beat Titanfall 2 single player. I think I'm gonna do that now and kick up my feet for a bit

patchday

...too much garbage players running the same garbage decks cos there's no creativity anymore.

Almost every MP game has this issue (go watch LoL pro match and enjoy watching same heroes fight back-to-back). Go watch Overwatch and watch same heroes back-to-back.

you'll get no mercy for me at all. I see these "I'm gonna quit" posts in almost every MP thread I play all the time with pretty much same reasons

Now if you were going to post, "Hey guys I just had a brand new baby and this game eating all my free time"- I'd be go for it!! Good reason to take a break! Even Ben brode took it easy at blizzcon cause of a new baby

Levi

Banned
I will take this new meta over nothing but midrange shaman any day thanks.

I hear ya man. Plenty of variety out there. Instead of Shaman most of the time, it's a nice mix of aggro Shammy and aggro Warr, miracle Rogue, various Reno decks with the odd midrange Jade deck to round things out.

Almost every MP game has this issue (go watch LoL pro match and enjoy watching same heroes fight back-to-back). Go watch Overwatch and watch same heroes back-to-back.

you'll get no mercy for me at all. I see these "I'm gonna quit" posts in almost every MP thread I play all the time with pretty much same reasons

Now if you were going to post, "Hey guys I just had a brand new baby and this game eating all my free time"- I'd be go for it!! Good reason to take a break! Even Ben brode took it easy at blizzcon cause of a new baby
Nah, that's bullshit. Fighting games usually have huge diversity in competitive play once they have had a year or two for the developers to tune them.

Just look at Evo 2016's top 16s. Even in the top 8, you see 3x of the same character at most. Smash 4 had zero duplicate characters because it's a well-balanced game. Tekken 7 had one duplicate. Killer Instinct had zero. Mortal Kombat had one. Even in UMvC3, a game that has been "figured out", had zero duplicate teams in the top 8, and the only "popular" character is Dr. Doom:
1. NYChrisG (Morrigan/Doctor Doom/Vergil)
2. Kane Blueriver (Hulk/Sentinel/Haggar)
3. BT|Angelic (Wolverine/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath, Dormammu/Vergil/Shuma-Gorath)
4. NB|Dual Kevin (Deadpool/Dante/Hawkeye)
5. ApologyMan (Firebrand/Doctor Doom/Super-Skrull)
5. Priest (M.O.D.O.K./Magneto/Doctor Doom, M.O.D.O.K./Dormammu/Doctor Doom)
7. Paradigm (Haggar/Dormammu/Doctor Doom, Haggar/Rocket Raccoon/Doctor Doom, Haggar/Rocket Raccoon/Arthur)
7. EG|JWong (Wolverine/Storm/Akuma, Vergil/Storm/Akuma)

Blizzard is just shit at balance. They've been shit at balancing every game in their repertoire outside of Starcraft. Maybe they just got lucky with Starcraft.

Look at the diversity even in Street Fighter V, which hasn't even been out for a year yet:
1. RZR|INFILTRATION (Nash)
2. RZR|Fuudo (R. Mika)
3. yukadon (Nash)
4. HM|GO1-3151 (Chun-Li)
5. LI Joe (Nash)
5. MOV (Chun-Li)
7. HM|Eita (Ken)
7. AW|Nemo (Vega)

9. Kenneth Pope (Necalli)
9. GGP|Kazunoko (Cammy)
9. GamerBee (Necalli)
9. RZR|Xian (F.A.N.G)
13. Tokido (Ryu)
13. ESR|Wugo Oil King (Rashid)
13. EG|JWong (Karin)
13. YP|Filipinoman (Chun-Li)

Street Figher V is getting a balance patch tomorrow to make the playing field even more level, and the changelist is massive (20+ changes) for most characters. Meanwhile, Blizzard can't be bothered to change one of their cards unless it's completely ruining their game.

Also, I know people here get sick of me talking about it, but Duelyst player Nowayitsj wins more than half of the Duelyst tournaments, and he always brings a unique deck no one else has even thought of and outplays everyone on a level that even confuses the commentators often. But CPG is also willing to do balance patches roughly once a month, because balancing a game is hard. It's not that you can't balance a card game, it's that Blizzard does not care about making Hearthstone a balanced game. They want it to be a game for Timmies, and it is. I'm okay with that - I have fun playing Hearthstone.

But don't let lazy companies convince you to set the bar low.

patchday

Give Duelyst a try if you are still interested in card games. I started playing it yesterday for similar reasons (Hearthstone growing a bit old right now, too much RNG and stuff).

honestly I'd say Eternal way better than Duelyst. Granted, I'm not playing either right now. But if I was to play another digital CCG it would be Eternal because there is great counterplay.

Duelyst is just Hearthstone on a grid with no counterplay to silence/removal/polys.

Both are good games worth trying. Eternal would be 100% amazing if there was no mana screw crap.

(I cant really fully recommend any good CCG; Overwatch/HoTS is fun tho lol)

[edit] Actually I think Eternal is better than Duelyst too cause you can keep earning gold all day long. Plus keep all cards from draft. Just way better than Duelyst in every conceivable way (for me). Sorry Duelyst fans!!

honestly I'd say Eternal way better than Duelyst. Granted, I'm not playing either right now. But if I was to play another digital CCG it would be Eternal because there is great counterplay.

Duelyst is just Hearthstone on a grid with no counterplay to silence/removal/polys.

Both are good games worth trying. Eternal would be 100% amazing if there was no mana screw crap.

(I cant really fully recommend any good CCG; Overwatch/HoTS is fun tho lol)
I am playing Eternal and Duelyst a lot right now (I actually had perfect arena/draft/gauntlet runs in both games this month! - a first for me!), and while I really do like Eternal's higher level of interactivity between players, I still think Duelyst is the better game because skill plays a much higher role. As someone who hates RNG, the bolded is a major factor for me. Duelyst and Infinity Wars are still my #1 and #2 card games, respectively, because each one has multiple systems in place to reduce the impact of RNG on the outcome of the game.

It's a shame Eternal didn't want to take the "extra step" to go from a good card game to an amazing card game.

[edit] Actually I think Eternal is better than Duelyst too cause you can keep earning gold all day long. Plus keep all cards from draft. Just way better than Duelyst in every conceivable way (for me). Sorry Duelyst fans!!
You can get endless gold in Duelyst as well - they removed the gold cap on daily wins, and of course all of the games have draft.

I do love keeping all of my Eternal cards from draft. :-D I wish every game had a similar system, and Eternal's draft rewards are roughly as generous as Hearthstone/Duelyst's outside of the acquired cards as well.

Dahbomb

Marvel 3 with no balanced patches more balanced and diverse than Hearthstone with multiple patches a year. Too bad this is its last year... RIP in peace one of the greatest MP games ever made.

Sheroking

Marvel 3 with no balanced patches more balanced and diverse than Hearthstone with multiple patches a year. Too bad this is its last year... RIP in peace one of the greatest MP games ever made.

I mean, in fairness, it was only about 14 months ago that Shaman was the worst class in the game and Warrior was basically a control-only class (post Warsong nerf, pre Pirate). So at least Hearthstone has changed up WHICH class is killing you on turn 6.

5 years later we're still getting helmbreakered in Marvel.

patchday

I think dota 2 is known to be the best balanced MP game but they have bans (amazing!) and the constant patches, etc help ensure it

Alas I find it very difficult to keep up with constant evolving metas (as a semi-casual player)

Crap getting my butt kick on titanfall. Need to hop over to their thread lol. Been playing to much Hearthstone. All twitch skills is gone

Levi

Banned
don't forget dragon priest... I've been playing that deck for a long time, I love it. As well as some Dragon Warrior

I lumped Dragon and Pirate Warrior together under Aggro Warrior.. and most of the Dragon Priests I saw on my climb were Reno Dragon... but you're right, I didn't think of the midrange Dragon variant, which I saw a ton of this last Friday.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I never got into playing UMvC3 (or most fighting games), but I might grab it once it comes to Steam so I can see the story mode and try out all the crazy shit that I see at Evo.

It has always been one of my favorite games to watch. Just due to the crazy character combinations, everything exploding on the screen all the time and the clear techincal skill of the players involved. Truely a fun game to watch there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom