• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a pirate-dragon warrior deck that runs no beasts or murlocs? I disagree in this instance.

Ehhh...I run 2 beasts and a murloc, so it usually works out pretty well, though I might drop Finley very soon. I hope I pull Wrathion sometime though, because I'd love to try him, but I won't craft him.
It would be a nice feature to let you try cards against the computer.

JohnCYQ

Ehhh...I run 2 beasts and a murloc, so it usually works out pretty well, though I might drop Finley very soon. I hope I pull Wrathion sometime though, because I'd love to try him, but I won't craft him.
It would be a nice feature to let you try cards against the computer.
Ah yea, forgot some decks ran those. In that case curator is certainly better.

I'm using wrathion because I pulled him as well, definitely wouldn't have crafted him.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So, uh, Aggro Shaman is the tits, huh?

Went 5-1 just now in Wild and somehow now I'm rank 13. Wild was supposed to be my practice option.

Gotta love Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem and Lava Burst in your opening hand.

fertygo

Its seem mid shamy making comeback, many high legend player playing it right now

about time.. maybe we can made our reno deck more greedy again soon

Zoggy

I think its almost guaranteed leeroy is getting nerfed again.

Lots of people bitching about rebolock combo lately, comparing it to old Druid. I see it in the future.

Idc but this community hates combos more than anything, which is sad.

Ffs just make all charges like icehowl already

scarlet

Currently 1-2 in arena with mage.

My deck is actually above average. It just I made a lot of missplay. Still sucks at arena. Especially when you don't remember what you have in your deck.

KuroNeeko

First golden hero!
IMG_0084_zpsjclf7tzk.png

Played the last ten with my old buddy Anduin and a janky original Reno Meme Priest list just for fun.

Total break down was probably 300 games as Control Priest. 100 with N'zoth / Resurrect. 50 or so with Reno. 30 with Purify. Rest was Dragon or Combo.

I thought I was ready for a break, but non-dragon Reno is a lot of fun.

Will probably switch to Jade Shaman, Reno Mage, or some new meme hawtness...

Or maybe some more Reno Priest. . .

Edit: busted image for a busted class

Levi

Banned
So, uh, Aggro Shaman is the tits, huh?

This is a true statement.

Its seem mid shamy making comeback, many high legend player playing it right now

Someone got rank one with Harrison Morde's bloodlust list (Harrison finished Legend Rank One last season).. Only MSG card is the shaman heal.

I think its almost guaranteed leeroy is getting nerfed again.

When Emperor rotates that's a nerf, so I doubt Blizz changes the card.

First golden hero!

Congrats! That's a nice feeling. I'm looking forward to my next but it's going to be a while.

Queued up at rank 5 this morning.. went exactly 50%. Much respect for the people with the mental fortitude to just keep jamming games to try to get to legend. After the first loss to a top-decked Arcanite Reaper when I had finally stabilized and had a wide board to my opponent's zero cards... well, I realized that I can't jam 250 games in 10 days to try and get a 60% winrate and make legend. My head would explode, lol.

I was amply rewarded for beating a SilentStorm impersonator, though:

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hell yeah, my streak of pulling shit legendaries continues with a Loremaster Cho. I guess 400 dust is better than nothing.

wiibomb

When Pirate Warrior chooses not to trade... (he went SMorc with his war axe and left a 1/1 on the board vs my buffed dragon egg):

I just wrecked a shaman who used most to the face. Trading for him wasn't an option

Dragon Priest has actually some very good anti-aggro mechanisms.

Levi

Banned
Just for fun I read the Hearthstone thread for 4/26/16--the Old Gods launch.

Incorrect predictions:

RRHAX3s.gif

pM8FVWL.gif

VTiVMxd.gif

Correct predictions:

KBej0xB.gif

XKL7HWi.gif

7HElglH.gif

Q06beqY.gif

The more things change, the more they stay the same:

068rWmT.gif

There was also some tangential discussion about how good midrange Shaman was going to be, but no single post that I could screen cap to show the general sentiment.

This is only launch day, so not a lot of variety. It was fun revisiting it.

Just ran into an aggro Shaman running White Eyes, surely that card is far too slow for a SMorc deck? I guessing he wanted Aya but didn't have the dust so he just shoe-horned another legendary in.

scarlet

I'm still bitter losing in arena cuz of disconnect.

It was the best arena deck I've ever had. And everything was fine until my connection killing me.

It was really a heartbreaking moment and almost throw my phone :(

It was the best arena deck I've ever had. And everything was fine until my connection killing me.

It was really a heartbreaking moment and almost throw my phone :(

I never play arena on mobile. I barely play ranked on mobile. Too worried about DCs and almost never successfully reconnect on mobile.

Levi

Banned
(

When that happened to me, I contacted Blizzard support, and since they didn't do anything for me I decided arena was a waste of time.

I was never really a fan of the mode either. Between machine-drafted decks and curvestone play, it's way less interesting than constructed. (in my opinion)

Dahbomb

That post was a troll by me. If you saw the GAF card analysis video then you would see I was more fair on Yogg. I was still overall wrong on Yogg and admitted it. I think just about everyone called the card incorrectly and it was very difficult to predict early on. Like for example I did not know that Yogg kept launching spells even if it was killed or other mechanics related to it (there was a whole list of mechanics related to Yogg). Back then even Blizzard didn't know if Yogg should Overload or not.

Levi

Banned
That post was a troll by me. If you saw the GAF card analysis video then you would see I was more fair on Yogg.

Not calling you out, 99% of the community (and 100% of Blizzard) thought Yogg was a joke card that would not see serious competitive play.

Kornflayx

Went 0-2 with a Shaman deck in Arena before going on a rampage and now I'm 9-2. The best I ever did was 11-3 with a disgusting Paladin deck back when Murloc Knight was absolutely disgusting in arena.

I'm getting anxious

bjaelke

If only you could backstab face. SMOrc.

How big was your eviscerate though?
He conceded right when I dropped the second one. Shame since it's a fun deck.
Went 0-2 with a Shaman deck in Arena before going on a rampage and now I'm 9-2. The best I ever did was 11-3 with a disgusting Paladin deck back when Murloc Knight was absolutely disgusting in arena.

I'm getting anxious

Best of luck. Let us know when you get there.

Kornflayx

Arena run ended 9-3. Got absolutely crushed by a wild constructed mech shaman.

I'm satisfied going that far with this deck:

qILyuIS.png

Once he had a board with his buffed Arcane Nullifier, there was nothing I could have done.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey, you know what's a card that nobody expects?

Mind Control.

No no no, that's MY Anub'arak.

cHinzo

Using Potion of Madness on a Flamewanker is the best lol. Suddenly had lethal, since I also stole a Cabalist's Tome with the Drakonid Operative. :'D

Dahbomb

God tier Arena player Kripp averaging less than 5 win average with Mage in MSG despite having his best ever Mage deck.

Scumbag Mage player confirmed? All those years of tier whoring with top tier Mage made him complacent with the class and now you need a different skill set to do better with Mage.

EXPOSED!

On the other hand he has 10 win average with Hunter going face.

God tier Arena player Kripp averaging less than 5 win average with Mage in MSG despite having his best ever Mage deck.

Scumbag Mage player confirmed? All those years of tier whoring with top tier Mage made him complacent with the class and now you need a different skill set to do better with Mage.

EXPOSED!

I watched him play some constructed last night.

Apparently he thinks throwing in a bunch of card draw, random removal bits, patches, and some leeroy faceless combo with ET makes a decent deck. He also blamed his luck with his draw, not the fact the deck was absolutely terrible.

Even watching him play a more legitimate anyfin paladin deck, he made really poor decisions... I don't know about this guy :p

Dahbomb

Kripp is an arena player not a constructed player. I could probably stream myself playing constructed and do about as well as Kripp to be honest.

He was top 3 ranked Arena player in NA, probably still is. And he has the highest amount of games played by quite a margin.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

EXPOSED!

I watched him for a brief second last night and he was going on about playing against a couple of the best decks he had EVER SEEN, better than ANY of his drafts before. But he beat the second one.

Dude needs to seriously chill.

Levi

Banned
I watched him for a brief second last night and he was going on about playing against a couple of the best decks he had EVER SEEN, better than ANY of his drafts before. But he beat the second one.

Dude needs to seriously chill.

It's an act that plays to his fan-base. He's one of the least authentic people in the scene. He does what lines his pockets, nothing more, nothing less.

I think kripp is a very authentic person. I just think he is often wrong about things, which is okay btw.

I also don't get the whole "he isn't constructed player", cause I've seen him often playing constructed. Probably gets a whole lot more games in than I do in a typical month.

Hereafter

I think kripp is a very authentic person. I just think he is often wrong about things, which is okay btw.

I also don't get the whole "he isn't constructed player", cause I've seen him often playing constructed. Probably gets a whole lot more games in than I do in a typical month.

I agree. I think he's very genuine and honest. He's also surprisingly mature.

Levi

Banned
4 down, 5 to go :D

Nice! Druid was my first. Which are the other three, and which is next?

I like Kripp! haters gonna hate lol.

I don't hate Kripp. He worked really hard to get where he is, and you have to respect that.

I just don't think he likes Hearthstone anymore and he's stuck with it because he can't make the same money anywhere else.

If anything, I feel sorry for him.

Nice! Druid was my first. Which are the other three, and which is next?
Golden;
Mage - Mostly tempo mage sometime after BRM, my first real meta deck
Paladin - Custom built reno paladin around the time of secret paladin, my first deck I piloted to legend
Priest - Split between janky basic control priest and late LOE-era reno shadowpriest.
Druid - Some old combo-style deck, WOTOG-era token druid and finished off with a splash of jade.

Non-golden;
Shaman - 289 wins
Hunter - 166 wins
Rogue - 137 wins
Warlock - 126 wins
Warrior - 39 wins

I think I'll be playing a lot of Renolock and miracle rogue for the next few months as those are the most fun decks currently in my opinion :)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think Kripp doesn't help his position by blaming literally everything that goes wrong in his games on luck and everything that goes right on his amazing top tier skills.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think Kripp doesn't help his position by blaming literally everything that goes wrong in his games on luck and everything that goes right on his amazing top tier skills.

It's this right here.

He likes to say the constructed is brain dead nad painfully easy, yet when you look at the decks he makes you see a serious lack of synergy and understanding behind them. He makes stuff to make youtube videos, hence why he plays gimmick decks like the all legendary or anyfin or whatever else. He isn't interested in solid, high winrate decks because his stream would get bored and he can't make a video out of that.

Nothing against the guy, he's fun to watch every so often, but I can't watch his stream too often or I feel the salt somehow oozing out of the screen into me.

Levi

Banned
Non-golden;
Shaman - 289 wins
Hunter - 166 wins
Rogue - 137 wins
Warlock - 126 wins
Warrior - 39 wins

I think I'll be playing a lot of Renolock and miracle rogue for the next few months as those are the most fun decks currently in my opinion :)

Your warrior wins look like my Rogue wins, lol. Seems like it's gonna be a while for your next one as well!

Pooya

He's been ridiculous lately. He whines about going second all the time, then he goes first and loses, then he complains about RNG. All of his opponents are lucky and unskilled too btw. You're playing a mode that is literally built by RNG, dude wat. If you don't like that don't play it.

The way he judges some of his opponents is often downright stupid and ignorant too. You don't know what they have in their deck or hand. They could have good reasons for doing what they do just like some of the plays he makes looking for a top deck.

Your warrior wins look like my Rogue wins, lol. Seems like it's gonna be a while for your next one as well!

I would probably have given control warrior a whirl at some point if it wasn't for the fact that I've never pulled a single shield slam after many packs. Some of the legendaries were prohibitive for a while too but I've caught up on most of those. And yeah I think it's better to alternate between them, less likely to get burnt out on a class and for me once I hit 500 I try not to play them too much outside of quests and trialing new decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom