• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

I like Kripp too. I don't get the hate. Although I do like to make fun of him too!

Exception: sometimes when he casts he is so bad at it!

There's just something bout Kripp- the way he looks into the camera. I feel like we have a weird connection lmao. Then I go try his weird off-meta decks and get ran over (like the all stealth rogue one). In his defense he did say it was highly experimental

(oh weird HDT says I'm 50% with it but still not quite good enough to ladder with consistently but its a fun goofy deck)

edit: Here's the link, although it has Rag in there. hm, I didnt have rag in mine... might try again

I would probably play Rag over Alex if I was worried about Jade Druids.

I don't mind people playing Alex. I love that people are bringing out all the techs. Every Reno deck I see is different from each other in a few cards and that's good for the game. Makes it so that there is room for individuality and self thinking. Makes it harder to net deck too because each Renolock deck is teched to the rank it is in.

Hell I play Jaraxxus and no Mountain Giant. Why? Well I already said many times how Mountain Giant is usually bad but Jaraxxus is not good in the current meta if you want pure min and max (hell usually worse than Mountain Giant)... but the day I stop playing Jaraxxus in a Control Warlock deck is the day I stop playing Hearthstone. But I can still do this because it's just one card in the deck and I believe in the rest of my cards to help me through.

mountain giant + faceless shambler is so stronk tho

One more mana for 1 less damage.

Nah it's not good. Harder to combo and two less damage all around with the full combo (so 18 damage vs 20). And you need the Emperor to hit all targets.

I would much rather use that new Hog card that gains Charge if the opponent has high cards in hand (6 mana 6/6) or even Argent Commander if I just need a board control charger.

if you're talking combo, wolfrider + PO + FM doesn't require emperor ticks and does 14 damage, a more than ample budget finisher if you can't afford leeroy.

patchday

Golden;
Mage - Mostly tempo mage sometime after BRM, my first real meta deck
Paladin - Custom built reno paladin around the time of secret paladin, my first deck I piloted to legend
Priest - Split between janky basic control priest and late LOE-era reno shadowpriest.
Druid - Some old combo-style deck, WOTOG-era token druid and finished off with a splash of jade.

Non-golden;
Shaman - 289 wins
Hunter - 166 wins
Rogue - 137 wins
Warlock - 126 wins
Warrior - 39 wins

I think I'll be playing a lot of Renolock and miracle rogue for the next few months as those are the most fun decks currently in my opinion :)

I would probably have given control warrior a whirl at some point if it wasn't for the fact that I've never pulled a single shield slam after many packs. Some of the legendaries were prohibitive for a while too but I've caught up on most of those. And yeah I think it's better to alternate between them, less likely to get burnt out on a class and for me once I hit 500 I try not to play them too much outside of quests and trialing new decks.

Yeah I have only 1 Brawl and 1 Shield Slam. but luckily neither one is needed these days with all these fast aggro Warrior decks floating around. I think I only had 2 ranked wins with Warrior at beginning of this season and now have it at like 60

dont think I'll ever ascend to golden hero though since I hop between too many decks. We'll see I guess

My pathetic progress --->

Warrior 63
Shaman 92
Rogue 80
Mage 116
Hunter 77
Priest 10 (only cause Tyrande)
Warlock - 35

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I've got golden Priest and Hunter, with Warrior and Shaman the next closest down in the mid 100s.

Also, hooray for Rank 5! Thanks, Aggro Shaman!

Levi

Banned
I would probably have given control warrior a whirl at some point if it wasn't for the fact that I've never pulled a single shield slam after many packs. Some of the legendaries were prohibitive for a while too but I've caught up on most of those. And yeah I think it's better to alternate between them, less likely to get burnt out on a class and for me once I hit 500 I try not to play them too much outside of quests and trialing new decks.

I'm closest with Mage (130 wins away) but there are no Mage decks I wanna play right now. The main reason I'm not playing Renolock is that I already have a gold Warlock, so it kind of narrows my options on decks. Shaman is fun enough, easy to win with, and counts towards a gold hero, so that's where I've focusing lately.

< gold rogue first
< gold paladin second (earned playing control paladin)
< less than 100 til gold mage
< maybe 200-250 for shaman, but I haven't played shaman since naxxramas
< far from gold with everything else

scarlet

I never play arena on mobile. I barely play ranked on mobile. Too worried about DCs and almost never successfully reconnect on mobile.

When that happened to me, I contacted Blizzard support, and since they didn't do anything for me I decided arena was a waste of time.

I was never really a fan of the mode either. Between machine-drafted decks and curvestone play, it's way less interesting than constructed. (in my opinion)

I blame no one but myself.

I don't like arena either, but I had fun with yesterday deck and I could see I could win more than 7 with it.

They had great time with CoTW and Secret hunter and now they're gone?

Pooya

Next set to have a cheap weapon for rexxar so that he can play pirates too. suddenly hunter is tier 2 at minimum. problem solved.

I'd be surprised if they don't nerf the pirate package come next set, it's going to dictate the meta until 2018 otherwise. There is no way around it.

Next set to have a cheap weapon for rexxar so that he can play pirates too. suddenly hunter is tier 2 at minimum. problem solved.

I'd be surprised if they don't nerf the pirate package come next set, it's going to dictate the meta until 2018 otherwise. There is no way around it.

Patches now replaces your hero when summoned. "i'm in charge!"

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think I have to join the pirate warrior club. Not out of any extreme desire to play the deck, but because I need to make some kind of deck and any legendaries I make for it are class-neutral and used in multiple decks. It seems like a good investment at the moment since I have less than 4000 dust to work with.

patchday

yeah Patches is a lot of fun and adds a worthy variant to rogue since Jade rogue was an epic fail (that awful cloaked jade rattle minion sux is what I mean). Pirate Warrior pretty fun to play every so often too

plus hes such easy gold. I just let patches spawn in Casual and he earns gold fast (cause they insta-concede )

Yeah I have only 1 Brawl and 1 Shield Slam. but luckily neither one is needed these days with all these fast aggro Warrior decks floating around. I think I only had 2 ranked wins with Warrior at beginning of this season and now have it at like 60

dont think I'll ever ascend to golden hero though since I hop between too many decks. We'll see I guess

My pathetic progress --->

Warrior 63
Shaman 92
Rogue 80
Mage 116
Hunter 77
Priest 10 (only cause Tyrande)
Warlock - 35

Don't think about it too much, you'll get there eventually! I've been playing this game for over 2 years and I've just recently hit my 5th golden class. It takes time. Most important thing is you're enjoying playing the game! :)

patchday

^^ Thanks!

Just crafted 1 Brass knuckles so I could mess around with the Goons Warrior builds and ofc the next pack I opened contains a Brass knuckles. The next pack afterwards better not contain another knuckles!

edit- then again, I could use the dust lol what am i saying

Dahbomb

Hunter is pretty stupid in Wild because of Glaivezooka. With PPP the buff pretty much always hits something.

Xanathus

Have anyone of you guys won against pro players or streamers?

Won: Dog, Forsen, some streamers who weren't streaming at the time so I couldn't confirm but was high enough rank early in season, some streamers who are no longer famous/streaming
Lost: Hafu

fertygo

Won against Leadpaint once in legend ladder, he kinda suspect me sniping when I check the VOD but I'm not

Lose to Ryzen, and Tarei just few days ago, Tarei is Summer HCT finalist, he not a streamer but I can confirm its him because golden celebration cardback

Pooya

I've played against Dog, Ikealyou and Kolento a bunch of times. I remember beating dog playing some renounce darkness deck on stream when old gods came out lol. Whenever I get legend mid season it tends to happen.

scarlet

The only person I'd ever faced was fake kolento lol

I want a dust refund on Raza. Fuck this card and fuck this shitty deck.

Reno priest? Why?

I initially wanted to crafted him cuz I already have Beardo, but don't have paleteres or Nexus. So might use that dust for dirty rat or Ysera.

Edit: I need Aya too

inky

Beat Hafu on Arena once at around 8 wins. I had a pretty beefy deck so it ended up a 12 win run. I think I posted some screenshots when it happened.
(for her it was just another Tuesday).

I don't think I've played any other pro. A lot of people use the same names so it's hard to be sure unless you are paying attention to the name and immediately go check the vod on twitch or something.

Edit: Oh, I remember Soka playing Kripp once and making a complete Dennis play. ;P I think it was: using a totem with Rockbiter instead of face to kill an enemy minion, which totally cost him the game :lol

KuroNeeko

Because I wasted dust and I HATE this deck.

I had to at least try I guess.

I just want to find a deck that I can have fun with and not lose every fucking game.

So do you hate the deck or are you losing every game? Or both?
You playing the dragon or non-dragon variant?

patchday

Firebat explains how to play Hunter in this meta

lmao has it gotten this bad? I havent gotten a chance to play Hunter this season. I'm bout to go watch Firebat's descent into hell. reddit claims he lost like every match with this awful deck

Because I wasted dust and I HATE this deck.

I had to at least try I guess.

I just want to find a deck that I can have fun with and not lose every fucking game.

huh? Just use Entomb lol you'll win sooner or later. granted havent tried priest much at all in this meta. I got Raza out of a pack

Levi

Banned
So do you hate the deck or are you losing every game? Or both?
You playing the dragon or non-dragon variant?

Dragons. I'm like 3 wins 5 losses. Feels like shit. Never have board. Never have enough shadow words. Play Reno and die to a fucking 18 attack frothing my deck has like 1 goddamn answer for.

huh? Just use Entomb lol you'll win sooner or later. granted havent tried priest much at all in this meta. I got Raza out of a pack

Entomb costs 6. I'm dying on like turn 5. Plus if I Entomb a card I run, I can't Reno or Kazakus.

Levi

Banned
Why do I only face asshole BM ropers when I'm already angry at the ladder. Grrr

I'm ready to rage dust this stupid priest legendary. Why do I not see any druids for weeks, and when I'm playing control priest I get 3 in a row? What a fun match up when they "run out" of cards and start summoning huge minions every turn.

f0lken

So I got Finja from a pack and made a shaman deck, the Little guy is pretty cool, and if he were to die but with his effect you summon a warleader that boost his health he survives!!

patchday

Entomb costs 6. I'm dying on like turn 5. Plus if I Entomb a card I run, I can't Reno or Kazakus.

oh right I do think Dragon priest might have the edge since they put down a twilight guardian and buff it with that Kabal priest +3 (this makes it harder for aggro to get around). but no idea how much that helps.

er, yeah my aggro decks appear to have high win rates against Priests. Probably only reason I love this expansion more than before. Cause I've always hated going against priests and Control warriors. As a Hunter- they could steal my Highmane. But nowadays they cant steal anything (maybe Aya but she does nothing for them but make a 1/1 golem lol).... Right, Entomb not too great in that matchup but would be nice against renolock

Levi

Banned
So I got Finja from a pack and made a shaman deck, the Little guy is pretty cool, and if he were to die but with his effect you summon a warleader that boost his health he survives!!

I like Finja. Fun card. Best part of getting Murloc quests is breaking that guy out.

f0lken

I like Finja. Fun card. Best part of getting Murloc quests is breaking that guy out.

Yup, Murloc shaman may not be a meta defining deck but is a fun gimmicky deck which you can win games with some consistency and good thinking, which is something few gimmick decks can. It helps that the core of shaman decks is disgusting. This is what I am running ATM (12 level on ladder)

O1Ql9f1.png

patchday

Finja seems like a fun card. I dont think I'm gonna craft him right now but hopefuly he comes out of a pack one day. maybe if I am sitting on more spare dust tho I'll craft him

KuroNeeko

Man, playing around rank 12 and players are so try hard.

You play something a bit off-kilter and people start BM'ing like it means something.
This hyper-aggro meta already sucks balls too.

Glad I lived long enough to see the return of four mana seven seven.

The shadowcaster rogue lives on!

.eJwNzEEOgyAQAMC_cBd2URB8Qe99ACG4ARMFA9tT07_XZM7zFZ9-ik0U5ntsSu3HSK3vcnDrMZPMreWT4n0MmdqlInNM5aLKQ6FFNOsCAAaNA6-d0ha8N6vW8-KcMTNY9aLYuTxdpfBOnaiO0jignjROaAOAfCDIu2bx-wM1gCyL.U7fcuLLY7IAG4V0EgUKk6JYnFH4

This smug bastid got drakonid operative off courier and then he got shadowstep off drakonid operative. He probably thought it was GG once he reno'd and shadowstepped. And then he even had the nerves to steal my 12/12 van cleef lol. In the end reno don't save you from 30+ points of damage.

Also loved when he decided to rope out after reno + shadowstep. I thought I would concede. Never surrender!

KuroNeeko

The shadowcaster rogue lives on!

.eJwNzEEOgyAQAMC_cBd2URB8Qe99ACG4ARMFA9tT07_XZM7zFZ9-ik0U5ntsSu3HSK3vcnDrMZPMreWT4n0MmdqlInNM5aLKQ6FFNOsCAAaNA6-d0ha8N6vW8-KcMTNY9aLYuTxdpfBOnaiO0jignjROaAOAfCDIu2bx-wM1gCyL.U7fcuLLY7IAG4V0EgUKk6JYnFH4

This smug bastid got drakonid operative off courier and then he got shadowstep off drakonid operative. He probably thought it was GG once he reno'd and shadowstepped. And then he even had the nerves to steal my 12/12 van cleef lol. In the end reno don't save you from 30+ points of damage.

Also loved when he decided to rope out after reno + shadowstep. I thought I would concede. Never surrender!

You playing Xaril again? Is it for the Brann / Deathrattle synergy? How are you surviving pirate everything?

You playing Xaril again? Is it for the Brann / Deathrattle synergy? How are you surviving pirate everything?

Yeah xaril, but the potions I got that game weren't that good for the situation. It's for the various synergies. I've had games where xaril just produces so many potions. It's great when you get shadowsteps off it, or card draw or even removal. Sometimes the damage is good too, but not quite that game.

It's probably pretty weak to pirate decks. I've lost to 1 aggro shaman so far. It wasn't a blow out at least, even though it was a double tunnel trogg opener. There is a win condition with the healing combos you can pull off, if you buy enough time with removal.

KuroNeeko

Yeah xaril, but the potions I got that game weren't that good for the situation. It's for the various synergies. I've had games where xaril just produces so many potions. It's great when you get shadowsteps off it, or card draw or even removal. Sometimes the damage is good too, but not quite that game.

It's probably pretty weak to pirate decks. I've lost to 1 aggro shaman so far. It wasn't a blow out at least, even though it was a double tunnel trogg opener. There is a win condition with the healing combos you can pull off, if you buy enough time with removal.

Shadowstep and Reno?
Did you make a deathrattle / jade / reno rogue deck?

And if so, can I try it? lol

I'm playing a Jade Druid list with Daring Reporters, Coldlight Seers, and Naturalize.

It does pretty well against anything slower than Pirates, especially since you can burn a bunch of cards in Reno matches. Problem is...well, Renolock has a ton of board clears.
One strange interaction is that if you burn a card off their deck, it doesn't count as a draw so DR doesn't get bigger. Does that mean that Beneath the Grounds doesn't trigger if you have a hand of 10 cards?

I like the card though, just a fun, interesting card.

I'm thinking about dropping the Arcane Giants for Defender of Argus.
Fun deck, but people start BM'ing like mad when you play it. Guess they think you're playing Mill Druid.

Just beat a Reno Mage in fatigue with buff Paladin...good match! ; )

Shadowstep and Reno?
Did you make a deathrattle / jade / reno rogue deck?

And if so, can I try it? lol

I'm playing a Jade Druid list with Daring Reporters, Coldlight Seers, and Naturalize.

It does pretty well against anything slower than Pirates, especially since you can burn a bunch of cards in Reno matches. Problem is...well, Renolock has a ton of board clears.
One strange interaction is that if you burn a card off their deck, it doesn't count as a draw so DR doesn't get bigger. Does that mean that Beneath the Grounds doesn't trigger if you have a hand of 10 cards?

I like the card though, just a fun, interesting card.

I'm thinking about dropping the Arcane Giants for Defender of Argus.
Fun deck, but people start BM'ing like mad when you play it. Guess they think you're playing Mill Druid.

Just beat a Reno Mage in fatigue with buff Paladin...good match! ; )

It's not good yet.
http://i.imgur.com/Mf440pY.png

edit:
I'll try to explain the deck briefly. It's an archetype some pros like reynad and tidesoftime have called one of the highest skill cap decks in the entire game. Dunno if they are right but it's a very hard deck to play. I remember the first few times i played it I was stumbling in the dark, but it was a cthun list.

You have a couple win conditions. Well, with the cthun list you had c'thun as your last resort finisher with shadowsteps in case he doesn't finish the job immediately. Blade of cthun fueled the hell out of cthun and shadowstepping a blade gave you multiple uses and shadowcaster did the same. Well that's the cthun list. With this list kind of the same concept except with jade golems. Play more jade golems, more combos with brann, make a board they can't kill and you win.

One of the crazy things rogue can do is combos with brann due to shadowstep and shadowcaster. So if you manage to shadowcast an aya, that could be game winning with brann. If you shadowcaster brann, you get 2 1 mana branns. If you shadowcaster a shadowcaster with brann out, you get infinite branns and shadowcasters. That's probably the wonkiest thing you can do with the deck. You can also heal infinite with earthen ring farseer.

Well, that's a crash course on this crazy deck archetype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom