• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

Have anyone of you guys won against pro players or streamers?

I beat hafu in arena once, lost to her once, beat some other girl streamer who is definitely not pro. Hollow victory tho she dced as i was nearing victory.
I might have played against others but I often forget to check the name.

I've played a bunch of reynads, but he was never streaming at the time and they all sucked so I doubt they were him.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
adJ5Vny.jpg

Was trying reno priest in casual...and that was one way to suddenly make the match hilariously dumb. He stuck for a solid 3 turns which actually protected Confessor for awhile, lol.

KuroNeeko

It's not good yet.
http://i.imgur.com/Mf440pY.png

edit:
I'll try to explain the deck briefly.

Ahh, yeah! I remember the Blade of C'thun deck. I played with it a little, but was too busy trying to grind Priest.
Maaayne, not sure if I should abandon my climb and just start playing this deck. I love Shadowcaster shenanigans almost as much as I do Burgle / N'zoth Rogue! Too bad you can Lotus → discover for a Rumbling Elemental.... ::kreygasm

adJ5Vny.jpg

Was trying reno priest in casual...and that was one way to suddenly make the match hilariously dumb. He stuck for a solid 3 turns which actually protected Confessor for awhile, lol.

Holy sheeet at that golden Paletress! ::drool::

You going to keep her once she rotates out?

rahji

So good when kripp is tilting. He thinks he always plays against above average decks when he himself has a good deck in arena. What a wretched logic. He just lost to two priests. Get used to that kripp.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Well I was riding high yesterday night, but by today around 3 I'd gone from 13-5 to 15-15 with my Aggro Shaman deck, and though I made it all the way up to rank 11 in Wild, I fell all the way to 0 stars in rank 14. I really need to learn when to walk away for the day. And when to trade vs going face. I shouldn't always go face right?

Starting to feel that bad RNG sting lately. MCT steals bad minion in a 50/50. dirty rat doesn't pull his combo and pulls a 6/6 instead. His dirty rat high rolls my reno in a game I probably never lose if that doesn't happen... and my kazakus revive 3 minions out of all the minions that died the game gets doomsayer.... all in 1 game.

KuroNeeko

Well I was riding high yesterday night, but by today around 3 I'd gone from 13-5 to 15-15 with my Aggro Shaman deck, and though I made it all the way up to rank 11 in Wild, I fell all the way to 0 stars in rank 14. I really need to learn when to walk away for the day. And when to trade vs going face. I shouldn't always go face right?

Here you go.

Starting to feel that bad RNG sting lately. MCT steals bad minion in a 50/50. dirty rat doesn't pull his combo and pulls a 6/6 instead. His dirty rat high rolls my reno in a game I probably never lose if that doesn't happen... and my kazakus revive 3 minions out of all the minions that died the game gets doomsayer.... all in 1 game.

At least you didn't have Maelstorm Portal give you that Weasel dood x 2 like that other guy earlier in the thread. (Htown?) lol

Here you go.

At least you didn't have Maelstorm Portal give you that Weasel dood x 2 like that other guy earlier in the thread. (Htown?) lol

The worst part was that he kept getting cards that let him get more drakonid operatives. He got manic soulcaster once. He got brewmaster once. He was in a really bad spot imo because of his mistakes throughout the game but just got bailed out by everything going his way. He got cabalist's tome at least 2 or 3 times.

Usually not all the RNG goes one persons way, which is why you don't go insane in hearthstone.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy sheeet at that golden Paletress! ::drool::

You going to keep her once she rotates out?

Yeah, I'm too picky to ever really dust anything totally out of my collection. When I get a gold legendary I dust the normal one instead.

I think an expansion like this is a good example. A card like Raza being around makes her much more appealing so I'd like to keep cards like that for wild later.

KuroNeeko

The worst part was that he kept getting cards that let him get more drakonid operatives. He got manic soulcaster once. He got brewmaster once. He was in a really bad spot imo because of his mistakes throughout the game but just got bailed out by everything going his way. He got cabalist's tome at least 2 or 3 times.

Usually not all the RNG goes one persons way, which is why you don't go insane in hearthstone.

I took the rogue deck out for a spin...Straight into four consecutive Renolocks. Ouch.

I hate Renolock.

no one ever talks wild here so lets talk wild. pirate warrior's pretty good in standard, right? yeah, i guess so. except nowadays everyone runs ooze and taunts so while it's good, it's not on another level. in wild, it's LOL tier. running to rank 5 i ran into exactly 0 oozes, versus standard where almost every deck has them. most importantly, you get to make use of a legendary that most have dusted, the almighty GREENSKIN
M9yw5ZR.png

Death's bite is insane, and i think the biggest mistake people do is run that 2 mana legendary and clog their deck with 6 weapons. it sounds good in theory but in reality you're clogging your hand with weapons and hoping to draw one card to make them all better which in all likelyhood you won't even grab until late in the game, and you don't want that, you want to have lethal on turn 4 and to make your opponent close hearthstone and uninstall it.

the reason it's straight degenerate is upgrade. sure PW is aight in standard but upgrade my friends, (the mechanic), is broken af. i dicked around with a bunch of different layouts, and almost every deck had two frothings and two korkron elites, but the (wild) answer lies in greenskin. arcanite reaper is unnecessary, with a deck littered with upgrades like this, you are constantly going to close the game out with 5 attack FWAs, and it makes it easier than ever to turn your lame ass rusty hook into a 3/5 beast that slays the board in the early game and lets your pirates run shit. korkron is good for standard, and frothing can straight up win games on occasion, but consistency is key, which is why this shit is way better in wild. greeney allows you to stack with yet another pirate to fire missles from the almighty ships cannon with, gives you another body for bloodsail cultist to hit on, encourages you to freaking DRINK UP ME HEARTIES, improves your curve which is HUGE, so often you can do shit like go FWA > stall turn not attacking with the weapon (these turns are key to abuse and get huge value from upgrade) > bloodsail cultist and a 1 drop activator > greenskin giving you a 5 + attack weapon that you didn't have to evaporate all of your tempo to get like the piss poor standard only card arcanite reaper makes you do.

greenskin is just the cherry on top that makes this shit way more fun in wild and better in standard (yeah, he's a classic card, but you curve waaay better when you have the almighty death's bite in your deck for consistency in procing him) and he helps with those awkward t 5- 8 turns when you can often be wasting mana or sitting around wasting time playing 7 turn games in standard when you could've had lethal t4 in wild

heroic strike is another one that battles me on why people run a single or leave it out, amazing vs deathlords and opponents frothings and td lethals, no way you don't double that shit in wild, also i debated double mortal strike vs double korkon for a long time since all the lists i saw had double korkon, but greenskin is more important, that consistency with pirates and getting a dope ass 5x3 deaths bite is so much more important than having a 4 attack charge that is usually awful to play on curve vs greenskin who is almost always a boss that gives your weapon 4 - 6 extra points of lethal on the turns when you are likely to need it

Just went up against a golden Miracle Rogue with an entirely golden deck (I was a not so shiny Reno Mage) who managed to put together a 21 attack Questing Adventurer, and that was after I used most of my removal on Edwin, Auctioneers and the other Questing... and I managed to pull a win out of my ass at the end.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/7PFsZKbZgGCJPUC7n9kisS

I actually felt knackered at the end of that match, that bugger was bigger than most C'thun's.

Dahbomb

Does anyone else feel like upgrade is too good relative to its mana cost?
No one even played Upgrade before. Now granted +1/+1 on a weapon is way better than +1/+1 on a minion but that's fine for 1 mana because it still needs a weapon equipped. The Upgrade weapon is bad for its cost.

The real issue here is the same as it has always been. Weapons are just another charge mechanic in the game that breeds non interactive game play. Weapons used as tempo removal at cost of HP is fine but weapons used to clock face with no HP loss are lame. Cards like Gorehowl and Fool's Bane are great design because they incentivize board control and minion trading versus hitting face uncontested.

Upgrade just amplifies this problem but the card itself is fine.

Hero

No one even played Upgrade before. Now granted +1/+1 on a weapon is way better than +1/+1 on a minion but that's fine for 1 mana because it still needs a weapon equipped. The Upgrade weapon is bad for its cost.

The real issue here is the same as it has always been. Weapons are just another charge mechanic in the game that breeds non interactive game play. Weapons used as tempo removal at cost of HP is fine but weapons used to clock face with no HP loss are lame. Cards like Gorehowl and Fool's Bane are great design because they incentivize board control and minion trading versus hitting face uncontested.

I think it wasn't an issue before but combined with that other card, I think it's a pirate(?), that gives your equipped weapon additional attack/durability, it can get kind of annoying. Played this warrior deck that coined War Axe turn one, upgrade plus charge pirate on turn two, and buffed it again with that other card. My minions couldn't stick to the board at all.

Dahbomb

It just all comes back to Patches enabling Bloodsail Cultist and buffing all the 1 drop Pirates. They all just play off each other.

And yeah I have experienced Pirate Warrior in Wild alongside Patches in Secret Paladin. Around rank 9ish using Renolock exclusively. Hasn't been a huge problem but Wild certainly has been impacted by Patches. Also Aggro Hunter is real now on Wild as well.

wiibomb

patches just completely solidified that deck, it is viable because of how good patches is in all around synergy.

BTW, I crafted yesterday Patches, Aya and Kazakus...

any good suggestion for a Reno Priest deck? I built one yesterday but I'm not so sure now

Does anyone else feel like upgrade is too good relative to its mana cost?

it is insanely good, and contrary to intuition, it's actually better on cheaper weapons, which is why in wild pirate warrior is better, and deserves captain greenskin. the tempo you get even on a 1/3 rusty hook is insane. a 2/4 weapon and 2 minions with the coin, or as i've had many times, a 3/5 weapon on turn 2....it's just game ending. defending the board with a 3/5 weapon, and then dropping cultist to make it a 4, and then greenskin for a 5...all the while throwing down curve minions that have the pirate tag??? total joke

Hero

Upgrade is fine, it's also absurd to be calling for nerfs this early into the meta shift.

I asked a question if people felt it was too good relative for its cost. This is how you promote discussion. If you are equating this to a typical NERF ___ PLZ post then I'm not sure what to tell you.

it is insanely good, and contrary to intuition, it's actually better on cheaper weapons, which is why in wild pirate warrior is better, and deserves captain greenskin. the tempo you get even on a 1/3 rusty hook is insane. a 2/4 weapon and 2 minions with the coin, or as i've had many times, a 3/5 weapon on turn 2....it's just game ending. defending the board with a 3/5 weapon, and then dropping cultist to make it a 4, and then greenskin for a 5...

Yeah. 2/4 Rusty Hook just eats up Aggro minions.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Pirate warrior has played upgrade since Wotog.

Dahbomb

Pirate warrior has played upgrade since Wotog.
I meant before Pirate Warrior was an actual thing. It needed stuff like Nzoth First Mate and Bloodsail Cultist to enable the deck. Once they got a bunch of redundant syngery.. THEN Upgrade became good and now Patches made it even better.

Tempo Warrior, Dragon Warrior, Control Warrior etc. did not run Upgrade. In general Upgrade seems to be an aggro Warrior card in general and doesn't see play in much else... much like Mortal Strike and Heroic Strike. No one is going to come in and say Heroic Strike is too good when mathematically it does the second highest damage in the game for 2 mana (Mind Blast is first).

It's similar to the Secret Keeper effect. Card has been in the game since forever and no one played. Then they printed Mysterious Challenger and Cloaked Huntress which suddenly made Secret Keeper into an almost Undertaker level threat on turn 1.

yeah i debated mortal strike doubles vs korkon doubles for a while but beyond the ability to go face over taunts, the fact that you are just dropping all care for board control often and face racing and relying on your opponent on leaving you at 1-12 health even though they have a board full of danger because MS gives you lethal is just insane, heroic just adds to the 'late' game top deck lethals, and gives you a mulligan threat to take out warrior's frothing, priests 4 health taunts, deathlords, etc

Levi

Banned
what do I queue with?

I'm thinking I'm going to play a bunch of Cwar to end the season and fuck my golden hero progress. Feels bad, but also feels bad grinding these decks that I just don't enjoy playing.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
This Brawl sucked when it was Wild format before, it is going to suck just as much when it is Standard.

Lame.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Won the brawl first try. Just basically threw my Reno Priest deck in there with one or two changes.

I still can't believe that happened, lol

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to do this brawl the same way I did the last one:

BRAINLESS FACE PALADIN

It will either win quick or concede quickly.
-2x Small-Time Buccaneer + Patches (substitute any other aggressive 1 drop, infiltrator maybe since it can stealth and won't be removed immediately)
-Argent Lance (substitute any other aggressive 2 drop and remove the pirates, but this is too good with the STBs)
-Wolfrider (or substitute any other aggressive 3 drop, Cavarly, etc)
-Armored Warhorse (substitute any other aggressive 4 drop, this charges so we're good)
-x2 Holy Wrath
-x24 copies of your most expensive cards (9+ mana cost preferrably so that you will nearly always win every Joust.

Strategy: If you draw Patches concede. The only reason we're running 2x STB is to lessen the chance of drawing patches. If you don't want to deal with that hassle, just play Worgen Infilitrator, that should work just fine too. Mulligan EVERYTHING for Holy Wrath. If you don't draw Holy Wrath concede. If you do, send everything face every turn. Turn 4 Coin Holy Wrath (possible 1 shot), Turn 5 Holy Wrath (nearly certain to be lethal if you did HW on T4). GG.

This brawl is dumb, might as well make a dumb deck that has fun with it. I hope you all still have Molten Giants to play this with becuase it is hilarous when it works.

How can 2 gadgetzans, 2 questing, Edwin and a Violet teacher all be on the bottom 16 cards in my deck? Fuck variance lost 5 games straight with awkward draws while my opponents curved out.

Zoggy

I'm of the opinion that no card should get nerfed anymore.

If it's really a big problem just ban it from standard.

That way if people do really like using that card they can play wild and standard players are happy. Both sides win.

Nerfing always pisses one side off. Either someone's upset that their fav card/ deck is now useless or the other side feels the nerf didn't go far enough

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

That way if people do really like using that card they can play wild and standard players are happy. Both sides win.

Nerfing always pisses one side off. Either someone's upset that their fav card/ deck is now useless or the other side feels the nerf didn't go far enough

Why would wild players be happy with that?

Levi

Banned
So wild is the dumping ground for all the most broken crap in this game? Wild players don't deserve a balanced game?

Yes but there should be some exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom