• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Why would wild players be happy with that?
So Wild players can play the deck they always loved like OG Patron.

That always sounds good in theory but never really is. Instead of people getting to play OG Combo Druid, OG Handlock and OG Patron Warrior... they will instead get farmed by Undertaker Hunter and then complain about how Wild is ruined because of broken cards.

Okay my Brawl deck sucks. Made a Dragon Priest with plenty of removal/AoE to counter aggro and ran into a Mage with Basic cards. Took forever to stabilize and lucked into an Ice Barrier from Operative to keep myself healthy enough to drain him of cards and board. Then I slowly crawled my way back.

Levi

Banned
Nerfs should only happen in extreme circumstances. In a perfect world they'd never nerf a card; however, in a perfect world they'd never print garbage like Yogg Soron or Undertaker.

If the choice is a competitive ban or a nerf, I'll always want the nerf, because I would likely quit this game if Blizzard admitted the game was too unbalanced for competitive play but were fine making ladder grinders suffer.

I'm glad they are giving the meta time to settle before even entertaining the possibility of nerfs.

wiibomb

I'm not convinced either by the idea of just letting the broken cards be thrown as they are in wild, that would just tell people that wild is literal dumpster really to be farmed by the most broken deck out there.

cards need to be balanced, like it or not

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I actually like playing Wild so I think that proposal is silly and bad. I would like for them to actually consider Wild as a viable format (though based on how they have historically treated arena, I'm not too hopefuly of that), and thus not just dump broken shit all over it.

Face/Aggro Hunter might be the strongest deck in Wild atm. Secret Paladin is still good of course, but with Small Time, Patches, and Glaivezooka being insane together it can win games faster than Standard Pirate Warrior and also it hits so hard that Secret Pally's insane curve doesn't help it enough. Aggro Hunter in Wild is pretty nuts and it barely relies on any of the usual Wild suspects (it has Mad Scientist tho, cause that card is still OP).

I think N'Zoth and cards like it are nods to Wild in general so Blizzard is at least thinking about it in a small way. So I hope they keep it that way.

IF they are going to change cards, they might as well just keep them the same between formats. No reason to make multiple versions of a card when every other CCG I can thnk of doesn't do that either. Errata happen, and all copies of cards are assumed to be latest wording regardless of what gets printed. I get that this is digital and they should be able to break conventions like that, but in this case I don't see a benefit. If they card is detrimental enough to ruin the game completely it should be dealt with across all formats. I'm not convinced patches is there yet given how good Reno decks in general are currently performing. If aggro was that overwhelmingly powerful, those decks should just get destroyed. Strong aggro cards don't need a nerf just because they are strong.

Okay unless someone wants to tell me why I shouldn't I'm going to DE Shaku and Genzo. They just don't seem like they'll ever see play even after rotations.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Aw man...

Can't play my hobgoblin hunter in this brawl because it's standard. =(

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I feel like the power of nzoth has been massively reduced in wild because of the PPP and Kazakus, which is a good thing for the game.

Kibler missed lethal. Chat was right. And then he got deathwing'd. lol

But he had enough damage from hand to easily win. It took him a little while to realize chat was actually right. But chat was actually right 2 times in a row lol

wiibomb

yup... I could farm this brawl fairly quickly with doomsayer+Brann+Barnes to get 2 Blood of The Ancient One

I have about 60%-70% winrate, it goes down because of Taunts and removals of doomsayer or Brann

Dahbomb

I feel like the power of nzoth has been massively reduced in wild because of the PPP and Kazakus, which is a good thing for the game.
It has.

I am not scared of Nzoth decks anymore when playing Renolock. I have Twisting Nether and I have Bran plus Kazakus to get double 10s for board wide polymorph. With 4 chances to get it I am favored to have at least one.

Patches beat the Deathrattle decks fast and even stuff like Shredder is too slow. In Wild for the longest time I have felt that Belcher has overtaken Shredder in terms of game impact.

Dr Balanced is still Dr Balanced though.

fertygo

What the current wild face hunter look like?

I try to play PPP Face hunter in wild to get golden portrait and its doesn't seem that strong so I'm surprised to hear how strong it is from people here, maybe I build it in wrong way

Dahbomb

What the current wild face hunter look like?

I try to play PPP Face hunter in wild to get golden portrait and its doesn't seem that strong so I'm surprised to hear how strong it is from people here, maybe I build it in wrong way
They combine it with Secret Aggro Hunter from what I have faced against.

Mad Scientist, 2x Glaivezooka, Secret Keepers, PPP (both Southsea and both Buccaneers), 2x Eaglehorns, secrets and burn.

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/pirate-face-secret-hunter-gadgetzan-wild-deck

It has.

I am not scared of Nzoth decks anymore when playing Renolock. I have Twisting Nether and I have Bran plus Kazakus to get double 10s for board wide polymorph. With 4 chances to get it I am favored to have at least one.

Patches beat the Deathrattle decks fast and even stuff like Shredder is too slow. In Wild for the longest time I have felt that Belcher has overtaken Shredder in terms of game impact.

Dr Balanced is still Dr Balanced though.
Is reno lock actually good in wild? Thanks to moving away from NZoth with Pally I really don't have to worry for the lategame anymore and can race doomsayers and Kazakus.

Dahbomb

Is reno lock actually good in wild? Thanks to moving away from NZoth with Pally I really don't have to worry for the lategame anymore and can race doomsayers and Kazakus.
I don't know if Renolock is a thing in Wild, it's not that common but it's not extinct there either. Pre rank 5 you see a bunch of jank and experimental decks that you can coast through if you keep your wits about you. Do I think Renolock is tier 1 in Wild? Probably not but I think you can reasonably reach high Legend with it if you have the skill, patience and you tech against the Wild format appropriately.

And you are still playing the degenerate Wild stuff in Renolock like Belcher, Dr Boom and Loatheb.

fertygo

They combine it with Secret Aggro Hunter from what I have faced against.

Mad Scientist, 2x Glaivezooka, Secret Keepers, PPP (both Southsea and both Buccaneers), 2x Eaglehorns, secrets and burn.

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/pirate-face-secret-hunter-gadgetzan-wild-deck

So I play Alley cat instead secret keeper

and 2 houndmaster

I dunno I play houndmaster there because I think mad scientist interaction with cat trick is super ridic broken and because that hound master gonna amazing in wild face hunter, big chance I'm already wrong

Dahbomb

So I play Alley cat instead secret keeper

and 2 houndmaster

I dunno I play houndmaster there because I think mad scientist interaction with cat trick is super ridic broken and because that hound master gonna amazing in wild face hunter, big chance I'm already wrong
If you are playing two Houndmaster then you are playing more Midrange. And that works ok in Wild too since you can just fill up your deck with BS Deathrattle Beasts like Rat Pack, Grandmother, Highmane and Spider Wolf. With Nzoth as finisher and Haunted Creeper plus Scientist for early game.

I don't know if Renolock is a thing in Wild, it's not that common but it's not extinct there either. Pre rank 5 you see a bunch of jank and experimental decks that you can coast through if you keep your wits about you. Do I think Renolock is tier 1 in Wild? Probably not but I think you can reasonably reach high Legend with it if you have the skill, patience and you tech against the Wild format appropriately.

And you are still playing the degenerate Wild stuff in Renolock like Belcher, Dr Boom and Loatheb.
Belcher really lost a lot of its power. It's more a speed bump than a swing turn now. If you can follow that up with heals or clears then it's GG but that requires a pretty nutty draw.

Unrelated but managed to put a Renolock to 15 on turn 2 today with rogue that was fun

Dahbomb

You have more early game options now before Belcher. Bruiser does a lot of work in Wild and Mistress is a better Chow for Renolock. And you still have Healbot and Vendor for the heals to hold off.

Yeah sure broken Patches openers can put the clock faster on Renolock but they put the clock on everyone. Even Secret Paladin can't hold up against it.

Best counter to Patches deck in Wild is Grim Patron Warrior. I played it for the lol there and I am 10-0 against Patches deck. But Patron deck loses just as bad if not worse to Renolock.

yup... I could farm this brawl fairly quickly with doomsayer+Brann+Barnes to get 2 Blood of The Ancient One

I have about 60%-70% winrate, it goes down because of Taunts and removals of doomsayer or Brann

I gave this a shot, and it hilarious. The three times I got the combo off the opponent always "wow" emoted or "well played"

I am glad I never dusted my sole Blood of The Ancient One

wiibomb

I gave this a shot, and it hilarious. The three times I got the combo off the opponent always "wow" emoted or "well played"

I am glad I never dusted my sole Blood of The Ancient One

I got 2 of those fuckers from packs, fortunately I hate to disenchant non-dupe cards, this one is paying off..

it also seems to work better with Rogue because of tools like conceal and preparation

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Well my dumb Paladin Holy Wrath deck worked but only barely.

Had to concede about 5-6 games to get the right draws though (need 1 Holy Wrath in opening hand and need to NOT draw Patches. It was a dumb deck and a dumb brawl.

I won't be going back to that for my quest... which is 20 beasts? Damn maybe I should go back so I can puts beasts in every slot and always have one to play...

jgminto

I asked a question if people felt it was too good relative for its cost. This is how you promote discussion. If you are equating this to a typical NERF ___ PLZ post then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Yeah. 2/4 Rusty Hook just eats up Aggro minions.
Not saying that post was specifically, but I have seen a lot of that when it's way too soon for it.

fertygo

man, I open Wrathion

I hate open middle in the pack leg like this, made you confused to dust or not, at least shit like madam goya is quick decision

Levi

Banned
Hearthstone: Making the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan was just published on Shacknews.

I thought this was interesting:

"Hunter and Rogue were flipped," said Place. "We said, oh, they're actually kind of perfect for both Jade Lotus and for Grimy Goons. Rogue actually started in the Grimy Goons, because Rogue is great for both. Hunter, for this mafia vibe, fit better into Grimy Goons."

Can you imagine Handbuff Rogue or Jade Hunter?

Had a meh run of games in ranked, game threw me a Shaku from a pack to lift my mood. Keep or dust? Rarely ever play Rogue.

I'd keep. It's in standard for a long time. It's actually a pretty decent card too. 2/3 that will generate you a card or more. Kabal courier is a 2/2, and granted it's a battlecry and discover, but shaku has stealth and higher health.

It's a card I'll eventually be crafting even if it's not top tier.

f0lken

Tuned in to some of Dogs stream and damn Finja is straight up game-winning insane.

Yes yes yes he is! Yesterday I reached Rank 12 and thought that was the extensión of that deck, but today i reached Rank 8 with the same Shaman murloc that I posted yesterday and Finja has been a crucial part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom