• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

Just got Raza and a golden Sergeant Sally in a single pack. *.*

Raza was the first legendary I crafted from MSoG so...400 dust, but how is Sally?
I could see in her buff Paladin or some weird deathrattle Rogue deck (Cold Blood or Raptor LOL), but she seems pretty underwhelming...dammit, now I want to try her in Rogue or maybe with Defender of Argus....hmm...

The animation is pretty cool though with her waving her baton around.

The only other legendaries I want to craft this set are Shaku and Finja.
What say you GAF, keep or dust?

edit: Guess I'll play around with her for a bit. lol

KuroNeeko

Man, I just "escaped" Priest when they became good, now I'm eyeing Paladin for my next golden hero. Guess I'm just a masochist...buff Paladin is pretty fun though. You want high minion density so your buffs hit, but no spells is kinda rough. : /

Would be cool if non-Anyfin Murloc Pally was a thing as well, but seems like there's just WAY too much AoE going around at the moment with three Reno decks in the top two tiers and Shaman running Maelstorm Portals etc.

Everyone says Sally is bad. I'd keep her tho, golden legendaries are sick.

Oh, that sucks. : /
I don't want to dust her though. She's cute. lol

It wasn't even that. He just played like 8 mana on turn 6 and my truesilver was worthless.

edit:
It's a little weird how warlock, mage, and priest all got a ton of new AOE cards. Paladin didn't get one. Still reliant on equality. Feels bad.

Control Pally doesn't seem like an archetype blizz is gonna support. We got squat in that regard in forever. Especially since they refuse to give the class any efficient spells. Paladin is the only class that can't do anything with malygos. Heck I got hellfired + soulfire by a Malygos Warlock once upon a time.

KuroNeeko

Control Pally doesn't seem like an archetype blizz is gonna support. We got squat in that regard in forever. Especially since they refuse to give the class any efficient spells. Paladin is the only card that can't do anything with malygos. Heck I got hellfired + soulfire by a Malygos Warlock once upon a time.

You don't think Ivory Knight or Lightlord are Control Paladin tools? I know IK shows up a lot in Anyfin, but Light was pretty big in N'zoth Pally just last set.

You don't think Ivory Knight or Lightlord are Control Paladin tools? I know IK shows up a lot in Anyfin, but Light was pretty big in N'zoth Pally just last set.
As much as Rag is a control tool in tempo mage, Lightlord is a threat that gives you reach.
Ivory Knight is card advantage and card advantage doesn't automatically make for a control card.
Paladin's control comes in the form of Aldor, Keeper of Uldaman and whacking your face into minions hoping you don't die in the process. The sorts of cards you have to play to have any form of hard removal is tantamount for that. Even the "boardwipe" is inherently card disadvantage.

fertygo

Control Pally doesn't seem like an archetype blizz is gonna support. We got squat in that regard in forever. Especially since they refuse to give the class any efficient spells. Paladin is the only card that can't do anything with malygos. Heck I got hellfired + soulfire by a Malygos Warlock once upon a time.

They give control pally tools, just not the one that you like.

I did some dusting and crafted patches. Miracle rogue is first up for sure.

Now I can basically play any good deck in the game atm.

You have patches decks

and then you have reno decks

And below all that you have the decks that want to be patches or reno decks.

fertygo

So I beat this dude that play pirate warrior, he counter queue me with jade druid.. he lose in more wide margin bwahahahaha

sucks that

Feels good playing a rogue deck that doesn't fold to face decks https://hsreplay.net/replay/wxN2dirz3svJjCFq34ZB8b

So I beat this dude that play pirate warrior, he counter queue me with jade druid.. he lose in more wide margin bwahahahaha

sucks that

lol, that happened to me recently

I played reno lock, they were dragon priest. Beat them, surprisingly tough match.

Then they queued aggro shaman. Ouch. Beat them again though, lol.

Even friended me after the first match. Still best friends.

Pooya

I cut all the aoe from dragon priest, it's bad really, you don't want it, if you lose the board you will lose either way. Instead I'm playing 2x inner fire. So far so good. It helps a lot. You don't need divine spirit, there is enough high hp minions and health buffs in the deck that it's great, I'm not playing some cheesy otk deck. Turning that innocent looking historian into 6/6 on turn 4 is pretty good in a meta without silence.

fertygo

Pretty sure I was like 6-0 at last 6 game with miracoli with my renolock, as long they not do absolute bonker 10/10 edwin on t2, its manageable

AYS

Neo Member
Looking to get some friends that actually play this game more than once every 2 months. (might also have the spectate quest)

NA
Days#1253

Mulgrok

Enjoying Elder Scroll Legends way more than Hearthstone lately. Probably because it has a lot more mechanics, and orc minions.

Shinypogs

God this brawl sucks ass.

Why in the world would anyone ever think to bring this back. It's quite literally Hearthstone at its absolute worst.

I just recreated my standard secret hunter deck and won on the first try. My opponent had no answer for charge rhino into highmane into leeroy. It was a dragon priest too so I have no idea if they just took all the spells out of their deck or got unlucky in their draws. That said I don't see myself trying to farm this brawl it's likely going to have 1-3 best decks within a day or two and be impossible to win if you can't make them.

I got a BGH in my brawl deck, should I shove that in my renolock now to counter all the rag I keep seeing?

scarlet

There's nothing more satisfying than winning against player who keeps BM-ing you.

Eat that 2 pyroblast from your own cabalist tome, Reno mage.

Hearing Aggro Hunter is killing it in Wild is making me a little bitter. A while back when PPP was blowing up with Warrior and then Shaman, I was thinking about how it could be utilized with Hunter. "If only they had a 2-mana weapon...oh man, Glaivezooka would be perfect!" I never actually tried to make it but the theorycraft in my head felt right.

Just wishing I did now haha. Still probably would've been late on it though.

Xanathus

Hearing Aggro Hunter is killing it in Wild is making me a little bitter. A while back when PPP was blowing up with Warrior and then Shaman, I was thinking about how it could be utilized with Hunter. "If only they had a 2-mana weapon...oh man, Glaivezooka would be perfect!" I never actually tried to make it but the theorycraft in my head felt right.

Just wishing I did now haha. Still probably would've been late on it though.

I posted a decklist for Wild Face Pirate Hunter like a day or two after Patches came out. Do a search for my posts in this thread. The thing though is that I hardly see Pirate Hunter on ranked Wild ladder except for once, but it seems easily countered with Dragon Priest. Pirate Hunter would only be good against stuff like Secret Paladin or Druid or other tempo decks. I'm not even sure if it's good against a Shaman teched against aggro.

fertygo

I posted a decklist for Wild Face Pirate Hunter like a day or two after Patches came out. Do a search for my posts in this thread. The thing though is that I hardly see Pirate Hunter on ranked Wild ladder except for once, but it seems easily countered with Dragon Priest. Pirate Hunter would only be good against stuff like Secret Paladin or Druid or other tempo decks. I'm not even sure if it's good against a Shaman teched against aggro.

yeah dragon priest rekt face hunter hard in wild, potion of madness win them game very fast

rahji

potion of madness just won me an arena game. 5-0 with priest so far. talon priest is so strong in combination with lightspawn.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Farming wins in wild.

I've gotten 2 dmg Imp-losions 4 times in a row. This game fucking sucks money dicks.

pixelish

could you fine people assist me in fine tuning my mid-budget reno priest deck? i have a pretty good winrate (82% in 11 games) so far but i do think i have a couple of dud cards that can be replaced especially chromaggus. i don't have chillmaw and ysera but if the latter is really needed to bump up the quality of my deck, i'm willing to use all my dust on it.

fSgyZQz.png

could you fine people assist me in fine tuning my mid-budget reno priest deck? i have a pretty good winrate (82% in 11 games) so far but i do think i have a couple of dud cards that can be replaced especially chromaggus. i don't have chillmaw and ysera but if the latter is really needed to bump up the quality of my deck, i'm willing to use all my dust on it.

without knowing what you own that's a really difficult thing to answer. looks too top heavy though imo

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
without knowing what you own that's a really difficult thing to answer. looks too top heavy though imo

Yeah you essentially have what 5 minions that are 2 or less mana. If you don't get doomslayer idk how you survive or have enough tempo to win.

Granted you have Reno, but if you don't draw him you probably can't last long enough to use all of your 6+ mana cards.

pixelish

Yeah you essentially have what 5 minions that are 2 or less mana. If you don't get doomslayer idk how you survive or have enough tempo to win.

Granted you have Reno, but if you don't draw him you probably can't last long enough to use all of your 6+ mana cards.

good points, the problem is i don't know what other 2 or 3 drops to put in my deck. and it's top heavy because i need the extra dragons (nef and chro) for the synergy.

i don't have many cards in my collection but i'm not planning to reach rank 5 and above with it anyway. just want to make it competitive enough to play in rank 8-12. if you guys can suggest what cards to remove and add in, i'll see what i can do.

edit:
I would ditch bog creeper for bouncer, chromaggus for dirty rat.
thanks for the suggestion. i don't think i've seen bouncer played in reno decks so could you explain the strategy behind bouncer? just play it along curve or for tempo?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Bouncer is a card that's good against pirate deck because you can get it out on turn 3 if they have a big start and it doesn't feel too bad to get out on turn 5 against any deck really.

i pulled wrathion from a 7 win arena lol

what's the concensus on him? i've only got 9 dragons in my current DP so i'd have to adjust and make a more dragon heavy version to experiment i guess. i suppose i could drop my singlet of cabal shadow priest but man that card is clutch af i feel naked playing priest without one

Levi

Banned
Watching the most recent Valuetown with Chanman, Trump and Noxious.

They call Patches a fair card, said it's healthy for the meta to have good aggro decks, and called Dragon Priest autopilot.

I was like, they've been reading my posts, lol.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I can get behind aggro decks existing being a good thing, but having the same super consistent strong start every game across multiple classes is not healthy.

Made a C'Thun deck for the brawl with a ton of garbage cards in the 1 slot. Priest tried some Barnes fuckery and pulled a chess piece, instantly conceded lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom