• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't imply anything. I was quite literal and clear with my words. It is _one_of the most interesting decks in a long time. I did not say it is _the_ most interesting deck "in the history of hearthstone".

I do agree shadowflame is very strong, though. It's possibly the best aoe in the game. But unlike you I do not believe it is oppressive.
that's where my hyperbole comes in, being the part in quotation.
Shadowflame is the best versus dragon warrior n mid shaman.. two deck that not gonna hold back vomiting minion on board.

Is those the definition of fair deck? Lmao

No good AoE should've nèrfed period its only benefit boring curve deck in the end.. never repeat the blade flurry mistake

Yes in the current meta mid shaman plays a fair game imo. Druid plays combo or infinite jade, Renolock plays a 20-24 damage from hand combo, Warrior Rogue and Shaman all play the PPP combined with copious amounts of damage from hand, Mage still plays freeze,... Dragon warrior falls under that.

With fair I mean board centric non combo, incremental damage being able to win medium to long games that don't go to fatigue.

rahji

Damn, almost had my first 12 win run in arena with a priest. Last boss was a warlock and there was absoulutely no chance to win that game.

I feel really bad playing Wild Pirate Warrior

Still in lower ranks, but gone from 18 to 13 in about an hour.

I am sure it will stop been effective at some point, but that point is not coming yet.

fertygo

Anyway busway, got to legend aw yiss

I really want to can get to legend more early tho

2 times and its always in late of month

Kunohara

Playing my dragon priest when I come up against a freeze mage (haven't run into them in awhile). Normally this is a bad match up for me, but my good pal the operative gave me an ice block. He didn't even alex me, just kobold and used all his burn spells to get me from 20 to 0. His own iceblock saved my ass and I killed him next turn.

I'm not sure I would nerf shadowflame. Next expansion, renolock's max reach will be around 14 without board. Assuming they don't get a face damage spell off kazakus or the next expansion.

Crafted Patches because I realized that I had everything needed for pirate warrior (including my first lego, golden leeroy)...

This feels gross. I suck at hearthstone and I still manage to roll through a lot of people, and that's with me forgetting to charge with patches about 25% of the time.

Wish I had saved up to craft Aya and Fandral instead. Jade druid maybe cheesy too but at least it has a bit more to it.

Crafted Patches because I realized that I had everything needed for pirate warrior (including my first lego, golden leeroy)...

This feels gross. I suck at hearthstone and I still manage to roll through a lot of people, and that's with me forgetting to charge with patches about 25% of the time.

Wish I had saved up to craft Aya and Fandral instead. Jade druid maybe cheesy too but at least it has a bit more to it.

Craft miracle rogue instead. With patches and leeroy, you have 2/3 legends required for the deck. The third is thalnos, which isn't completely necessary. Other than thalnos, the only expensive cards are 2 preparations which are epics. Here is an example list https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/pirate-miracle-rogue-standard-meta-snapshot-dec-18-2016

my list

Craft miracle rogue instead. With patches and leeroy, you have 2/3 legends required for the deck. The third is thalnos, which isn't completely necessary. Other than thalnos, the only expensive cards are 2 preparations which are epics. Here is an example list https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/pirate-miracle-rogue-standard-meta-snapshot-dec-18-2016

my list

I'll look into that. Thalnos is on my craft list anyway since that card is universally good.

ZeroX03

Banned
So far so good playing Pirate Warrior in Wild, from rank 25 to 15 with no losses so far. Let's see if I can get that easy rank 5.

I'm like rank 8 in Standard but stopped out of boredom, I could probably just do that instead haha.

my list

Edwin's on there too.

Levi

Banned
Anyway busway, got to legend aw yiss

I really want to can get to legend more early tho

2 times and its always in late of month

Hey, getting to Legend is a grind, no shame in it taking you just under three weeks.

And you've still got a full week to play the Legend ladder.

Props, I got to five and thought about trying to continue to climb but it's such a slog without the bonus stars, and the competition is so cut-throat, that I know I don't have the patience or mental fortitude to make a real attempt.

Why would you nerf shadow flame? That card is so clunky to play already.

As for renolock I see handlock coming back unless they print a half decent neutral heal.

DSmalls84

Any tips for playing against Priest (All Variants)? I have been playing Jade/N'Zoth Shaman and have been having issues with Priest. Mainly Reno having a never ending supply of removals and Dragon always curving out perfectly and stealing the best cards in my deck.

Levi

Banned
It's way to early to start worrying about the death of Highlander decks. Yes, Reno is rotating, but obviously Blizzard likes the archetype so I'm confident that Highlander decks are here to stay. When Blizzard likes an archetype, it gets support. (see: Beast Druid, Dragon Priest)

Levi

Banned
Didn't see the new VSS get posted:

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-30/

TL:DR Pirates are stronk.

IMO emperor rotation is a bigger deal than Reno

You can run Reno decks without relying on combo finishers. Even if they don't print new late-game cards in the next set, C'thun / Nzoth can close out games.

Dragon Priest is going to lose a 1, 2, 3, and 4 drop that's kind of a lot

With BRM rotating, I feel like getting more dragons in the next set is something we can reasonably expect.

On the other hand, mech decks died when GvG rotated. (does anyone miss those?)

I'm not too bothered either way. I want NEW archetypes and styles of play. I don't want to face Reno Decks and Dragon decks for all eternity. If they go away, that just leaves room for new things to happen.

vaderise

Pirate Warrior died preety quick. There were like 0 warriors in my past 20 ranked games. Control Warrior is in a preety bad spot and aggro decks are weak against all those Reno decks which is kinda sad becayse CTRL Warrior is my abaolute fav. deck in the game. It's just top weak against all Jade decks. I hope it makes a comeback in next adventure/expansion.
How the mighty has fallen...

Pirate Warrior died preety quick. There were like 0 warriors in my past 20 ranked games. Control Warrior is in a preety bad spot and aggro decks are weak against all those Reno decks which is kinda sad becayse CTRL Warrior is my abaolute fav. deck in the game. It's just top weak against all Jade decks. I hope it makes a comeback in next adventure/expansion.

I just played against a control warrior. I don't miss them. I don't hate them either but it's not a deck you can really interact with since they are almost all removal and armor gain.

I think he played a single minion the entire game and still almost won. Oh 3 minions, he played that new taunt and played elise into brawl to increase chances of removing auctioneer (he lost that gamble). e: 4 minions, since he played justicar heh. Over a 11-12 turn game that is really none at all.

Levi

Banned

Pirate Warrior was only as strong as it was because it was able to feast on unrefined experimental decks. We're going to always see a super strong aggro deck at the start of each new meta because they are the easiest to refine and do exceptionally well in an unstable meta. I was saying from the start of the current meta that Pirate Warrior had a limited shelf-life.

Dragon Warrior (with a few pirates) is just an all-around better deck. It doesn't run out of gas as quickly and can win longer games, while having the same explosive start potential as Pirate Warrior. T1 Nzoth First Mate/Patches into T2 Alexstrazas Champion is insane.

Does blizzard print another card like justiciar?

Her and Finley are rotating out. Normal hero powers for all

I do hope we get new ways to interact with our Hero Powers, but I am happy to see both of those cards rotate.

Dahbomb

So all the tier 1 and tier 2 decks use PPP according to VS.

Good. The more decks and representation that Patches get the faster that they can deploy the nerf.

wiibomb

The whole reason they started rotations is so we don't have to face the same decks forever.

They should rotate MORE cards, not fewer.

it is terrible for people who can't spend hundreds of dollars (or hundreds of hours) into the game, though...

I'm not convinced this game needs a huge amount of rotations

Levi

Banned
So all the tier 1 and tier 2 decks use PPP according to VS.

Good. The more decks and representation that Patches get the faster that they can deploy the nerf.

Aggro got stronger for the same reason Renolock got pushed down the tier list, because Miracle Rogue became suddenly popular. Aggro will reduce the appearance of Rogue, which will cause people to bring back Renolock because they won't have to see so many Rogues, a resurgence in Renolock will reduce the number of aggro decks and then Rogue will surge up again.

It's a healthy cycle of push/pull and there'll be weeks when Aggro is supreme and weeks when it isn't.

it is terrible for people who can't spend hundreds of dollars (or hundreds of hours) into the game, though...

I'm not convinced this game needs a huge amount of rotations

Once a year isn't a huge amount. Some people argued that sets should be One In / One Out.

You get two years (ish) to use the cards you earn, craft or pull. With only three releases per year, there's plenty of time for even a F2P player to earn enough in-game currency to open packs, even if all you do is log in every couple of days to clear quests. I'm F2P on two regions and while I can't play EVERY deck, I can make decks competitive enough to clear quests and get rank 10 each month (probably higher if I spent more time playing on those accounts).

Aggro got stronger for the same reason Renolock got pushed down the tier list, because Miracle Rogue became suddenly popular. Aggro will reduce the appearance of Rogue, which will cause people to bring back Renolock because they won't have to see so many Rogues, a resurgence in Renolock will reduce the number of aggro decks and then Rogue will surge up again.

It's a healthy cycle of push/pull and there'll be weeks when Aggro is supreme and weeks when it isn't.

Aggro isn't slowing me down with miracle rogue.

Dahbomb

Yeah but Rogue basically functions as an aggro deck these days so in the best case scenario 2/3rds of the time an Aggro/Patches deck will be on top.

Levi

Banned
Yeah but Rogue basically functions as an aggro deck these days so in the best case scenario 2/3rds of the time an Aggro/Patches deck will be on top.

Yeah, I agree that Rogue getting a strong aggro start and the miracle finisher is pretty gross.

I still think this meta is MUCH better than the previous one, where midrange Shaman was on top and had so few bad match-ups that is was silly to try and ladder with anything else.

Would this meta be even better without Patches? Maybe. My inclination is that if they adjust anything, it should be Small Time Bucaneer, though. As a former Zoo guy, I don't like the idea of three classes getting access to a Flame Imp with an upside.

Lets be honest, though, even if we didn't have Pirates to complain about it'd just be another card. Look at the last few pages of this thread: both Leeroy and Shadowflame were put forward as cards that needed to be nerfed.

I much prefer strong aggro decks with clear counters to a meta dominated by a single deck or one that would let Jade Druid run rampant. Jade Druid being tier one is the darkest timeline.

I don't think there's a deck that can kill faster than rogue right now. On the draw you can attack for 5 on turn 1, and 9 on turn 2 at the cost of 2 cards + the coin, heck sometimes you can do it on the play.

I guess you could cold blood patches but I don't think it's a good play and the one time I tried it I got destroyed.

I suppose there are some lists more aggressive than others but I'm playing what I feel is the most aggressive miracle rogue can get which is double QA and it's still not a face deck like that.

Levi

Banned
I'm no Rogue expert, but Amnesiasc is, and he's not fond of the current direction of Rogue:

ni2ZcGX.gif

I think he may be a little premature in his pronouncement, but in my opinion Rogue is lot closer to a tempo-aggro deck at the moment than anything else.

Dahbomb

It doesn't function as aggro. It just actually has 1 drops for a change.
That deck has some of the fastest kill turns in the game.

We must all have different definitions of aggro because I always assumed that if a deck has the capability to kill by turn 4/5 it's an aggro deck. Hell people considered turn 7 lethal to be aggro hence the FACE meme.

Though I think this new Rogue deck is a hybrid aggro/combo deck. It starts out as an aggro deck and in many match up plays aggro but against other decks it plays the combo game. It's a bit unique in that sense because we really haven't had aggro combo before but the aggro component of the Rogue is very relevant at the moment.

That deck has some of the fastest kill turns in the game.

We must all have different definitions of aggro because I always assumed that if a deck has the capability to kill by turn 4/5 it's an aggro deck. Hell people considered turn 7 lethal to be aggro hence the FACE meme.

Though I think this new Rogue deck is a hybrid aggro/combo deck. It starts out as an aggro deck and in many match up plays aggro but against other decks it plays the combo game. It's a bit unique in that sense because we really haven't had aggro combo before but the aggro component of the Rogue is very relevant at the moment.

When it curves out perfectly, it plays like aggro. But even without patches and co you could get the perfect curve and play like aggro. I don't even think turn 5 kills are particularly common and only happen if you god curve and they have no answers.

There are legitimate aggro rogue decks that can kill by turn 5. But if you die by turn 5 just because you had no answer to the early game... that isn't exactly losing to an aggro deck imo.

The reason pirates are necessary for miracle rogue is because of all the other aggro decks, and of course how powerful patches actually is. It's basically a free shiv at the start of the game, what rogue deck doesn't want a free shiv?

When midrange shaman curved out perfectly it could kill as fast as an aggro deck too.

Levi

Banned
Force of nature druid was kind of a combo aggro deck.

I don't see it. It fought hard for board through the early and mid game, because every minion in board increased the reach of the combo.

Wild growth, shade of naxramas, darnassus aspirant, ancient of Lore, keeper of the grove, azure Drake--these were the cards it was using when aggro decks were running leper gnome and wolfrider.

Combo druid was a slowish midrange deck that was super weak to zoo and face hunter and crushed control warrior and other slow decks.

A combo deck weak to aggro and super strong against control? Sounds familiar. :)

I guess you could cold blood patches but I don't think it's a good play and the one time I tried it I got destroyed.

I suppose there are some lists more aggressive than others but I'm playing what I feel is the most aggressive miracle rogue can get which is double QA and it's still not a face deck like that.

it's my favourite opener against priest. I'm playing, and loving, your list and I'd say it's pretty aggro, at least how I play it. On the draw I often manage a turn 5 kill against Reno, which is a turn 6 kill against most other decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom