• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's my favourite opener against priest. I'm playing, and loving, your list and I'd say it's pretty aggro, at least how I play it. On the draw I often manage a turn 5 kill against Reno, which is a turn 6 kill against most other decks.

Yeah my list is pretty aggressive for sure.

I'm getting some shit luck with it today though.

e: yesterday I got 0 patches in before other pirates, today like so many times lol

Levi

Banned
I'm trying to remember if I was running Shade of Naxxramas and Darnassas Aspirant at the same time in my post-TGT Druid deck or if I replaced the Shades with Aspirants and it's driving me crazy.

I'd love a tavern brawl where we could play pre-nerf Patron Warrior, Combo Druid, Handlock, Oil Rogue... it's sad that I can't relive some of my favorite eras of Hearthstone, even in Wild.

There's a poll on reddit for favorite class legendary from MSG (which doesn't include Tri-Class legendaries) and I'm pretty surprised at the number 1 and the number 9 choices so far:

thZOtj0.gif

My vote was for White Eyes.

snack

is this the same xmas card back from last year? because that one is my fav one and i missed it last year. i hope it is!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Top deck Jade Lightning, roll spell power totem so Spirit Claws has +2 attack and Jade Lightning hits face for more.

I've never been more happy

Dahbomb

Raza is probably the best class Legendary at the moment so no real surprise there.

Man another expansion with overall underwhelming class Legendaries.

Raxus

Raza is probably the best class Legendary at the moment so no real surprise there.

Man another expansion with overall underwhelming class Legendaries.

I am pretty sure Mal'ghanis among others is a large reason Blizzard is deathly afraid of printing OP legendaries anymore.

Patches is probably the closest thing we got in a long while IMO.

fertygo

I am pretty sure Mal'ghanis among others is a large reason Blizzard is deathly afraid of printing OP legendaries anymore.

Patches is probably the closest thing we got in a long while IMO.

Mal'ganis not even that OP if not because the goddamned voidwalker

Dahbomb

Malganis wasn't even that good, needed Void Caller to be playable.

Best class Legendaries we have gotten are Lightlord and Fandral, both in OG.

Levi

Banned
Malganis wasn't even that good, needed Void Caller to be playable.

Best class Legendaries we have gotten are Lightlord and Fandral, both in OG.

Are you not including the classic set? Tirion, Cenarius, Grommash, Van Cleef immediately spring to mind.

Pooya

dragonfire potion is probably the most overhyped card in the set, it's like a one copy in reno priest right now. dragon priests don't play it anymore.

fertygo

dragonfire potion is probably the most overhyped card in the set, it's like a one copy in reno priest right now. dragon priests don't play it anymore.

Well its largely because the meta

Its still great card, but what you do if most game end before the card matter, and if you face renolock you just want zooing up them instead

If we ever back to midrange meta at some point, card will used again

this why I'm not regretting crafting 2 of it

Levi

Banned
Cenarius? Really? I think he's kinda bad x)

Tirion tho, hands down the best.

He's good in Token Druid, and used to be really good in pre-TGT combo Druid lists. Ramp Druid still runs the card. It was the first legendary I crafted in golden so it holds a special place in my heart.

So many legendaries I don't have, wow

Reno decks aren't cheap, but maybe you can adapt one of these lists with cards you do have.

Dahbomb

Are you not including the classic set? Tirion, Cenarius, Grommash, Van Cleef immediately spring to mind.
Yeah I am not including classic set. HS got a lot of things right first time around including class Legendaries. Since then not so much.

Dragonfire Potion still a great card by the way. Though two of them is excessive. When you go up against that card in Arena or someone discovers it, then you really feel the wrath of the card. Just like Felfire Potion, the meta isn't kind to it but metas change.. cards rarely do. If Priest is playable after standard watch it see a ton more play.

He's good in Token Druid, and used to be really good in pre-TGT combo Druid lists. Ramp Druid still runs the card. It was the first legendary I crafted in golden so it holds a special place in my heart.

Reno decks aren't cheap, but maybe you can adapt one of these lists with cards you do have.

It's possible

How is it fair towards miracle rogue that drawing cards takes so long you cannot even make decisions even when you start cycling at the start of your turn?

Before I get the mandatory "play faster", what about when I have double auctioneer? Is that right? I don't think so.

Also consider animation length. If you play a lengthy spell....

Dahbomb

How is it fair towards miracle rogue that drawing cards takes so long you cannot even make decisions even when you start cycling at the start of your turn?

Before I get the mandatory "play faster", what about when I have double auctioneer? Is that right? I don't think so.

Also consider animation length. If you play a lengthy spell....
Animation times should have been considered cutting down back in the Patron meta.

Levi

Banned
Tirion is very bad now I think, peep know to against it, too slow, etc.. Lightlord is better

Fandral is hand down the very best tho

Tirion is still super strong. Unanswered he wins games. If Paladin could put together the kind of list where people aren't able to save their removal for Tirion they'd be a strong class. Now, though, when I see Paladin it's easy to set yourself up to a strong turn against Tirion.

It's not like when Paladin was playing Mysterious Challenger on 6, Dr. Boom on 7, and Tirion on 8.

fertygo

Soooo

Reno mage.. is quite possibly have a lot great matchup in this meta

Its better against aggro than renolock
Its not lose to Rogue like warlock
Its win against renolock because only dahbomb that run jaraxxus

Lifecoach n other player get high legend with list that started getting refined

Levi

Banned
Lifecoach n other player get high legend with list that started getting refined

I'm curious. I've been messing around with a Reno Mage list I created in Wild.. it's stupid and greedy (echo of Medivh and Manic Soulcaster so I can play 3 Renos if the game goes long) but I've been having fun trying to refine it.

I haven't seen a standard list that feels worth. I'm only 125 wins away from a gold Mage so I'd be all over it if a list shows up.

Levi

Banned
I just need to play 4 more beasts to complete a quest and this shitty priest is roping me every turn.

Just fucking delete priest from the game already.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I just need to play 4 more beasts to complete a quest and this shitty priest is roping me every turn.

Just fucking delete priest from the game already.

Whenever someone slow plays it's always priest.

That is a Hearthstone law of the jungle.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone got any recommendations for using MSG and Kharazan (I'm not sure where the h goes) cards to beat League of Explorers on Heroic?

All of the decks I'm finding online are old, and I feel like the new cards might make it easier, but nothing I've tried is doing it for me. I really want that card back.

Was it always a thing where the innkeeper would be like 'it's been a while since I've seen you!' and then give you a free card back and then force you to beat 3 challengers for 3 more card packs?

Levi

Banned
Was it always a thing where the innkeeper would be like 'it's been a while since I've seen you!' and then give you a free card back and then force you to beat 3 challengers for 3 more card packs?

No, it's new, and only available to players who go an extended amount of time without logging in.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm trying to remember if I was running Shade of Naxxramas and Darnassas Aspirant at the same time in my post-TGT Druid deck or if I replaced the Shades with Aspirants and it's driving me crazy.

I'd love a tavern brawl where we could play pre-nerf Patron Warrior, Combo Druid, Handlock, Oil Rogue... it's sad that I can't relive some of my favorite eras of Hearthstone, even in Wild.

There's a poll on reddit for favorite class legendary from MSG (which doesn't include Tri-Class legendaries) and I'm pretty surprised at the number 1 and the number 9 choices so far:

thZOtj0.gif

My vote was for White Eyes.

I understand why the list is the way it is, it's one vote for favorite, not order what you think the best to worst is. Would be different if they were ranked in terms of strength.

I'd probably vote Raza.

Ok so I wish I would've asked this the other day when it was still fresh on my mind and I knew all the details, but I had some goofy shit happen to me and I'm sure someone here can explain it.

I'm playing Paladin against a Murloc Paladin and he has a decent sized board with Finja, a couple of Warleaders I believe, and then some other murlocs but I don't remember which ones. I want to say he had six murlocs on board though.
I Wild Pyromancer/Equality because I'm dead otherwise....but some of his board lives. I know Finja lived for sure and I think a Warleader did too and one other murloc if I'm not mistaken. Explanation please?

Edit: Is it because the Warleaders increase health? That's all I could figure, but then why didn't the others live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom