• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I wish I would've asked this the other day when it was still fresh on my mind and I knew all the details, but I had some goofy shit happen to me and I'm sure someone here can explain it.

I'm playing Paladin against a Murloc Paladin and he has a decent sized board with Finja, a couple of Warleaders I believe, and then some other murlocs but I don't remember which ones. I want to say he had six murlocs on board though.
I Wild Pyromancer/Equality because I'm dead otherwise....but some of his board lives. I know Finja lived for sure and I think a Warleader did too and one other murloc if I'm not mistaken. Explanation please?

Edit: Is it because the Warleaders increase health? That's all I could figure, but then why didn't the others live?

yes. The warleaders +2 health keep the murlocs alive. None of the murlocs shouldve died to pyro equality

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Can I get recommendations for a meme Standard deck to play against a streamer? Ideally something that can actually win.

Pick Warlock.

Grab all of the 1-drops in descending order of quality until deck is complete.

You could probably grab all of the 1-drop pirates including bloodsail corsair for extra luls.

Xanathus

Pick Warlock.

Grab all of the 1-drops in descending order of quality until deck is complete.

You could probably grab all of the 1-drop pirates including bloodsail corsair for extra luls.

Eh I want to actually be able to win. Maybe Renounce Darkness warlock would be fun.

yes. The warleaders +2 health keep the murlocs alive. None of the murlocs shouldve died to pyro equality

Hmm ok. Maybe the board wasn't all Murlocs. I swore it was though.
I need to start doing some of those replay things everyone else does.....might be hard though since I rarely ever play Hearthstone on my PC.

Pooya

I hope patches is nerfed now, I opened another one just now and that's my last gadgetzan pack. done with the set. I wish I got Finja instead.

I dont have much of an opinion of Patches in Standard, but in Wild he is nuts

I am currently binging Mr Robot, and paying more to it than the game, and still quickly ranking up. I might have lost three games going from 17 to 11

I know people always joke Aggro decks are mindless, but this mindless to the extreme

I feel like I could reach Legend by attrition of using this deck (and this is coming from someone who has never broke Rank 12 in either ruleset).

cDIrDvT.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah I finally lost my first Wild game with Pirate Warrior, and it was only because they had a turn five coin Reno, I had lethal the next turn. It's insane. And if they can't deal with Ship's Cannon immediately, hoo boy.

e: oooh got my second lost, but only because a Shaman pulled a Mistress of Mixtures from Malestrom Portal. So far opponents have needed to get really lucky to stand a chance.

Levi

Banned
Are we bragging about Wild win streaks today?

9b177c05acbc03bc6f34e3ec752f108e.png

I faced up against a druid playing Force of Nature, Shade of Naxx, Ancient of Lore, Darnassus... I think he netdecked a prenerf combo druid list? Was so weird.

IceMarker

Ongoing list of disappointing deck archetypes Blizzard tried to push half-ass in MSOG:

Taunt Warrior
Secret Mage
Jade Rogue
Handbuff Hunter

My mindless motoring though Wild with Pirate Warrior has stalled at Rank 10 - one star off Rank 9. The last 5 decks I've ran into are all high on Taunts. I am still winning enough to stay at Rank 10 though

I guess I will have to start paying attention again... :/

ZeroX03

Banned
Actually lost to an Ivory Knight who hit the 10-cost Anyfin. Even if it was the 8-cost I had lethal, those two damn extra points of heal. Not a lucky night.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I was just trying out my new rogue deck and I swashburgle'd Antonidas on turn 9 with prep, shiv, and conceal in my hand. I got 5 fireballs before the game ended next turn.

Lyng

Worst loosing streak ever playing hearthstone. Playing reno lock. Never getting reno. And all the cunts are aggro and have perfect draw.

I auto completed the brawl deck for a quest and it turns out I have a classic deathwing.

Edit: Nevermind Malchezar put it in there and I was so absent minded I didn't notice the animation. All is well with my memory.

scarlet

Just found out that I'm gonna lose a lot of my dragons when TGT and BRM is out next year.

Trying reno priest, but somehow I couldn't play it right. Gonna miss my dragons a lot.

Seems a bit harder right now to get quests done. Everything is aggro or bust. Just trying to play some cards, man.

I got a friend while doing quest.

Didn't attack him at all, only did it when I need space for minion.

He keeps attacking me, but then he realized I only did quest. And apparently so did he. So he stop attacking me and just playing cards. Later he added me, and now every time I need to do silly quest like playing murlocs just need to ask him.

squidyj

oh man, I dunno what just happened, I was playing my nzoth jade shaman against a renolock and we drag it out until he's out of cards

I've had 2x mistress of mixtures die on my side, 2x white eyes die
I have aya and a 5/5 golem on board
I'm at 12 hp, he's got alex and a flame imp.
He's got 6 cards in hand and had drawn through his deck leeroy po, faceless 100% guaranteed. I've seen twisting, i've seen hellfire, i've seen everything but shadowflame

N'zoth in hand I trade aya and the golem without thinking and just slam it. that's 5 slots for res, right? I should be fine right?
Well something I had forgotten about was earlier in the game I had pulled a weasel off maelstrom portal. Instead of 2 mistresses, 2 white eyes and an aya I get 2 mistresses, an aya, a white eyes and a weasel.

i have 12 hp, he has 3 damage on board and I only have 1 5/5 taunt. I realize my mistake, if I hadn't traded the aya before playing n'zoth I would have guaranteed the 2nd white eyes and survival for the turn. Instead I'm going to die, or so I think.
He siphon souls my white eyes, swings in with the imp and shadowflames it. I topdeck one of my 3 storm guardians in the last 6 cards of my deck. I was at 17 hp but I also use a jinyu to go up to 23. he's done.

patchday

Alright Merry Christmas gaf. Figure I'll post now just in case I dont get in this thread tomorrow

If everything is aggro, why are so many people complaining about Leeroy / PO / Faceless? ��

Which is in a slow reno deck. Maybe this post was being sarcastic?

Definition of Aggro-
Aggressive decks are the most straightforward in Hearthstone, they want to kill the opponent as fast as possible.

https://tempostorm.com/articles/beginners-guide-to-hearthstones-meta-aggro

Renolocks are notorious for being super slow decks

Levi

Banned
Which is in a slow reno deck. Maybe this post was being sarcastic?

Definition of Aggro-

Yes, I know what Aggro is. :)

He was complaining that the only decks on ladder are all-in aggro decks. But we just had a couple pages of people complaining about Renolock.

So obviously there are at least some slow decks on ladder.

Heck, someone just told a story about a N'zoth deck they were playing.

Am I supposed to think this guy was talking about his Aggro deck? That runs a 10-mana card? LOL..

If you ever think the ladder is 100% any archetype, just take a peak at data reaper live. Even in the tryhard ranks it's not 100% aggro.

460d8d875ba60c6637f55038c61c4de2.png

scarlet

Yes, I know what Aggro is. :)

He was complaining that the only decks on ladder are all-in aggro decks. But we just had a couple pages of people complaining about Renolock.

So obviously there are at least some slow decks on ladder.

Heck, someone just told a story about a N'zoth deck they were playing.

Am I supposed to think this guy was talking about his Aggro deck? That runs a 10-mana card? LOL..

If you ever think the ladder is 100% any archetype, just take a peak at data reaper live. Even in the tryhard ranks it's not 100% aggro.

460d8d875ba60c6637f55038c61c4de2.png

RIP hunter and paladin

ZealousD

This really isn't all that true by the way. It used to be true at some time if we were talking about Control Warrior, Midrange Hunter and Aggro Hunter.

Yeah it all sort of depends on how these "aggro", "midrange", and "control" decks are setup. This is an okay rule-of-thumb but there are deeper factors at play here. For example, Midrange Shaman used to beat aggro before the PPP became a thing.

Aggro loses to some combination of board clears, healing, or efficient taunts. When a deck is faster than you, you have to win the card advantage game very aggressively in order to deplete the aggro deck's fuel source. Certain midrange decks like Midrange Hunter do not incorporate those tools and so they lose very consistently to aggro because they get out-raced and can't make up the difference in card advantage. But if your midrange deck includes enough of these tools, then you can beat aggro.

Control decks lose to not being able to handle all of the threats you put out. They try to win the card advantage game and burn you out over time or close out with an explosive finisher in the mid-late game, so if they can't get huge gains through massive clears early enough and you put them on a short enough clock, they lose. Big and/or sticky threats resist card advantage-based board clears and so the midrange deck piles on the threats and damage and the control deck spends too much time on the backfoot not gaining an advantage. But that explosive finisher is key. If a control deck can last just long enough that it can put out huge burst damage, then the midrange deck can lose if it wasn't fast enough.

I believe someone could make a good paladin deck with the cards available.
I'm not so convinced about hunter.

Not as long as midrange shaman, dragon priest and renolock destroy the midrange build and aggro shaman, rogue, warrior and renolock destroy the greedy NZoth build and anyfin.

Maybe someone will come up with a midrange anyfin combo that could carve out a niche for itself. I've seen trump try a Don Hancho, Leroy, Blessed Champion cheese.

ZealousD

I don't think the issues with Hunter are really all that bad.

Turns out the Grimy Goons Hunter cards weren't good enough in this meta to justify some novel kind of Hunter deck. And the Scavenging Hyena and Cult Master lists are gimmicky too. So basically we just go back to Midrange or Secret Hunter and toss in some Alley Cats or maybe some Rat Packs.

Now PPP is all over the ladder and Hunter probably loses to that opening most of the time. Every hunter archetype loses to any deck that is faster than it, and PPP is faster than both Secret and Midrange Hunter. So, Hunter just needs a Patches nerf or a new 2-mana weapon and suddenly Hunter comes roaring back.

ZealousD

What's PPP?

Patches Pirate Package. It's made up of Patches, Small-Time Buccaneer, a couple more early pirates, and a couple early weapons. Just lingo we use in this thread as far as I'm aware.

ZealousD

holy shit at this warlock on kripp's stream. lmao.

this is why I don't play arena anymore.

Mal'Ganis wasn't in the guy's deck like Kripp tried to imply. He got it off the Kabal Trafficker. Dr. Boom and N'Zoth is a pretty good draft, though.

scarlet

Patches Pirate Package. It's made up of Patches, Small-Time Buccaneer, a couple more early pirates, and a couple early weapons. Just lingo we use in this thread as far as I'm aware.

Ah I see, thank you for the info.

And happy feast of winter veil guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom