• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

I've been switching between Finja Shaman, Finja Pally, and Control Shaman.

The first two, especially Shaman, catch a lot of people off guard since it can open with Trogg → Totem Golem.

Call in the Finishers / Finja → Everyfin is Awesome + Jade synergy is pretty fun.
Lots of room for scaly shenanigans too.

You can Finja and stick a Flametongue Totem just to the right of him. Then, when he kills something, you have a decent chance of pulling a Bluegill (or two!) and having it pop right next to the Totem. The +2 Murlocs also make it that much easier to Everyfin. lol

Fun, but not that good.

Control Shaman has been doing surprisingly well. Part of it is probably the surprise factor. People mulligan for aggro and it often gives you more time, plus the advantage when you mulligan.

Then you just keep applying gradual pressure. The N'zoth plus deathrattle means the only thing you have to really worry about is Entomb / Hex. No one plays double Entomb anymore and you have four deathrattles (White Eyes, Chillmaw, Sylvanas, Cairne) that can all offer awesome value.

I've been able to grind out wins against Reno Mage and Reno Priest--the latter conceded when I Dreamed my N'zoth.

It does pretty well against Aggro Warrior and Shaman. A little less so against Rogues running Sap, but I've started climbing again. Will probably play with it a bit more. ^^

i just realized there is no win streak bonus at Rank 5+

I guess I am hanging up my Wild ladder boots now

#avatar quote

My level of wins + dumb luck at ranks I consider will above my still level is getting silly now.

iPEX6nW.jpg

Casually drawing Ironbeak to remove taunt to give Leeroy Lethal

BTW, sorry for so much posting in here. I am just shook I am still progressing in ranks. Well, at least I am not playing Pirate Warrior anymore.

I am 100% convinced at this point that Auctioneer will be getting nerfed again. Both Druid and Rogue are doing the exact same shit that got the card nerfed in the first place.

Hearthstone is not a game that can function when one player is drawing half their deck in a single turn with no possible form of counterplay.

Dahbomb

No point in nerfing Gadgetan when after standard Druid is going to be a lot worse with it. No more Living Roots and Raven Idol to fall back on.

The problem has and always will be those 0 mana spells like Innervate. If it's not Gadgetan then it's some other abuse happening with that card like with Fandral.

fertygo

No point in nerfing Gadgetan when after standard Druid is going to be a lot worse with it. No more Living Roots and Raven Idol to fall back on.

The problem has and always will be those 0 mana spells like Innervate. If it's not Gadgetan then it's some other abuse happening with that card like with Fandral.

these druid not even run raven idol anymore bro

Hearthstone is not a game that can function when one player is drawing half their deck in a single turn with no possible form of counterplay.
yeah its function just fine currently tho

these deck lose to their own draw half of the time, its a risk that they taking running deck like that

I don't like how current miracoli functioning right now, but I believe spell maly druid is what combo deck in HS work like.. perfect balance of removing minion, developing board and otk.. its can switch gameplan based on draw n the player read that lines. and no YOLO BS in spell druid

I am 100% convinced at this point that Auctioneer will be getting nerfed again. Both Druid and Rogue are doing the exact same shit that got the card nerfed in the first place.

you'd have to nerf Warlock's HP while at it.

vall03

Man, today has to be one of my best days in HS and got three very fun games. Got 50 Priest cards quest and threw together this completely garbage deck and I won against a Tempo Mage, Control Warrior and Zoolock. I have no idea how that happened but I don't think my opponents were bad. The Control Warrior was unlucky though since he drew his Elise way too late.

sTJmWYu.png

Levi

Banned
First draft of a Wild Demon Renolock... I want to fit in Darkbomb (probably replace demonfire) but not sure I need implosion.

Any suggestions for me? It performed well at rank 15 wild vs aggro pally in my test run.

7OmRMCb.png

First draft of a Wild Demon Renolock... I want to fit in Darkbomb (probably replace demonfire) but not sure I need implosion.

Any suggestions for me? It performed well at rank 15 wild vs aggro pally in my test run.

7OmRMCb.png

I ran a lot of Wild Renolock matches a few weeks ago, and while Dark Bomb is nice, Wild is at the point where you just have too many good cards to choose from, and you have to decide which good cards you want. IMO, Shadowbolt is the better option over Dark Bomb in Wild because Tempo Mage is a popular deck there, and killing Flamewaker right after he is played can determine games.

Hellfire is a great card.

Twilight Drake?

Void Terror and Floating Watcher are odd inclusions to me.

What's your win condition? No Jaraxxus.

A few other cards to consider that I've found to be useful:
Mortal Coil
Power Overwhelming
Sylvannas
Zombie Chow
Acidic Swamp Ooze
Piloted Shredder
Shadowflame
Leeroy+Faceless Combo
Second-Rate Bruiser (#1 legend player uses it over Sludge Belcher)
Thaurissan
Siphon Soul
Dr. Boom
Ragnaros
Twisting Nether

Just my two cents. Renolock is much weaker in Wild than it is in Standard, IMO. My dream in life is still to make a Dreadsteed deck work.

Dahbomb

That's a completely different deck than standard Renolock by the way.

It's a Demon Krulock, win condition is putting demons on the board.

FeD.nL

So in what fucking world is the whole Aviana + Kun thing deemed okay?

It's 100% the exact thing Blizzard said they don't want in the game, yet here we are.

It's one of the few things in this first standard year that gives me some hope for the next one. It requires a lot of cards in a class with some of the worst removal options. So it requires some great decision making from the player.

Levi

Banned
Hellfire is a great card.

Twilight Drake?

Void Terror and Floating Watcher are odd inclusions to me.

What's your win condition? No Jaraxxus.

It's a classic control deck. Build a big board, remove opponent's threats, outvalue opponent, win the late game with Mal'ganis (possibly free with Krul) buffing my board.

I think I will replace Felfire with Hellfire. I might try and fit it Sylvanas/Po/Shadowflame, possibly removing Dirty Rat/Mc tech combo to do it. May not need both Refreshment Vendor and Antique Healbot, might cut Vendor as well.

If the win condition is dumping a bunch of big demons, then the deck could use some more big demons, I say!

What do you think about... infinite demons!

49742.gif

Levi

Banned
Recently it was posited that since Classic we haven't gotten very many good class legendaries outside of the classic set. Since I just built a deck around Mal'ganis it got me thinking about what other good class legendaries have come out since that first set. I came up with:

Aviana
Fandral
Kun
Mal'ganis
Malkorok
Neptulon
Rag Lightlord
Rhonin
Varian Wrynn
Vol'jin
White Eyes
Xaril

Some were better than others but all ended up in solid decks.

I'm not including good class legendaries that just didn't fit in the meta.. Trade Prince, Anuburak, Marlorne, Fizzlebang, Mistcaller, Cho'gall, for example, all cards that seem good but just didn't work out in any competitive decks.

It's a classic control deck. Build a big board, remove opponent's threats, outvalue opponent, win the late game with Mal'ganis (possibly free with Krul) buffing my board.

I think I will replace Felfire with Hellfire. I might try and fit it Sylvanas/Po/Shadowflame, possibly removing Dirty Rat/Mc tech combo to do it. May not need both Refreshment Vendor and Antique Healbot, might cut Vendor as well.

What do you think about... infinite demons!

49742.gif
My only issue with that card is that Blizzard made most demons awful. Succubus, Felguard, Pit Lord, etc., are all cards I wish I could voluntarily discard.

Jadax

I'm so close to going on a QQ e-rage spree because of how cheesy Reno is. You just have to go full on aggro.

As if having full-hp gimmick isn't enough, if they pull on curve you're screwed. If the game lasts long enough for them to use Reno then you're screwed anyways, but that means you used up most of your cards to get them that low, and now they're going to pull those 'end-game' cards out their butthole.

Levi

Banned
I'm so close to going on a QQ e-rage spree because of how cheesy Reno is. You just have to go full on aggro.

Nah, you can beat Reno decks with Midrange Shaman. They clear your board and you just refill. They reno and you're already ahead and close out with Bloodlust. I'm sure there are other non - aggro decks that can compete.

And, bright side, Reno rotates with the next set.

IceMarker

I play a Krul deck with two Doomguards and a copy of Sense Demons as a way to more consistently get the right cards in my hand, sure it's not as good as the classic OP Leeroy combo, but it's flashy as fuck and you can play it out on the board nearly anytime you have at least both Doomguards and maybe a bonus Imp Gang Boss/Infernal.

Levi

Banned
New Tempo Storm Meta Report

Tier 1
  1. Aggro Shaman
  2. Miracle Rogue
  3. Mid-Range Shaman
  4. Pirate Warrior
  5. Renolock
Tier 2
  1. Reno Mage
  2. Dragon Priest
  3. Dragon Warrior
  4. Control Warrior
Tier 3
  1. Ramp Druid
  2. Jade Druid
  3. Control Shaman
  4. Freeze Mage
  5. Reno Priest
  6. Murloc Druid
  7. Tempo Mage
Tier 4
  1. Pirate Rogue
  2. N'Zoth Rogue
  3. Anyfin Paladin
  4. Zoolock
  5. OTK Priest
  6. Secret Hunter
  7. Hand Buff Paladin
Tier 5
  1. Evolve Shaman
  2. Gang Up Patches Rogue

Lyng

ffs I hate the gimmicky matchmaking.
I have a rogue quest. Ofc I run into NOTHING but dragon priests.
And this while I never meet them when I play my other decks where they are free wins..

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
And this while I never meet them when I play my other decks where they are free wins..

Do you honestly think the matchmaking is based on the deck you're currently using?

Levi

Banned
lol at putting that gimmicky Menagerie Druid so high

I've been spectating a friend who is climbing to legend with his spin on it, it seems pretty good. Muzzy got high legend with Beast Druid last meta, this is a better version of that deck, I don't think they are over-rating it.

Isn't it curious how often after you switch decks that you see decks you normally don't?

Levi

Banned
Watched my friend climb from rank 4 to legend using nothing but what he called "Finja Druid" but I would call Menagerie Druid. At one point he was 12-2 on his climb, don't know what his final winrate was.

I want to play myself but I'm stuck at work so spectatin' is all I can do at the moment.

manhack

manhack

Watched my friend climb from rank 4 to legend using nothing but what he called "Finja Druid" but I would call Menagerie Druid. At one point he was 12-2 on his climb, don't know what his final winrate was.

I want to play myself but I'm stuck at work so spectatin' is all I can do at the moment.

I played some of it on another account and it was OK. Certainly fun to have a few different options for Druid now. I'm even doing well with a homebrew Beast/Taunt Hybrid that relies on a strong beast start, taunting up and then using MoonGlade portal to shit on aggro decks.

But it doesn't even run menagerie warden! Although I can see the similarities to beast druid.

It's a murloc/beast/dragon hybrid including zoobots and finja is da real mvp. It's amazing how fast he can win or close out some games.

Thanks for spectating most of the run.

EDIT: 40-19 overall winrate in case anyone was wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom