• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ombala

Jambooza #2457

I need more friends on both EU And US server, and I have a 80g quest on US server right now.
Efit: quest done

akinkcl

Neo Member
After playing for close to a year finally made rank 5..had to overcome ladder anxiety..played so many games in casual..I am sure my elo and mmr is quite high there lol

Levi

Banned
Doing my druid quest today in wild (only one wild card in the deck) and I'm rolling over people. Finja is so good, if it wasn't for pirates that might be the card everyone would be obsessed with nerfing.

giFcwNu.jpg

Doing my druid quest today in wild (only one wild card in the deck) and I'm rolling over people. Finja is so good, if it wasn't for pirates that might be the card everyone would be obsessed with nerfing.

giFcwNu.jpg

Finja <3

The more talk I see about him, the more I get scared. It's fun when I'm running Finja, but it won't be fun once the whole meta is lol.

I feel like Anyfin paladin could possibly be an okay counter since they have full board clears and you'll get to play anyfin can happen much earlier, thanks to your opponents murlocs.

Lets see:
Patches nerfed
Many more standard rotation nerfs or outright removals, examples:
-ragnaros
-sylvanas
Ladder reworked to show actual progress once you hit rank 5. Rank 5 is half way to legend. It should show that more accurately.
Seasonal call backs. Reintroduce cards that have rotated from standard, but only for the year. Just a few choice cards. Make them free for usage while legal.
Add healbot to standard set.
And of course, blade flurry back to 2 mana

i'd be fine with healbot in the classic set once bronzebeard goes out, i'd rather keep BB around tho, makes a lot of mediocre cards very playable (and cards like AHB way too good)

Dahbomb

Hell at times it feels rank 5 - Legend is 3-4x longer than from rank 20 to 5.

My wishlist for 2017 (besides obvious Patches nerfed):

*Replay function added.
*Be able to spectate friends while they are building decks.
*Be able to share deck lists in-game.
*Better stat tracking in-game.
*This is a personal request but I really need a way for the game to display how many cards are in hand. Most digital card games do this now and I kinda got used to them so now it's kinda annoying having to keep counting cards especially playing Renolock.
*Arena overhaul. It's long overdue and Blizzard said it was coming.
*Ladder system overhaul.
*Legendary pity timer lowered to 30. Will absolutely never happen but hey it's a wishlist.
*Alternate heroes for Warlock and Rogue. Another thing that is long over due.

I might ACTUALLY pay for Waifulock...

original.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If the mana crystal on the left most card in your hand is completely below the border of the play area, you have ten cards in hand. It's a useful little shortcut until they add counts.

Additional things for 2017:
auto-squelch
hand count as well
arena draft reworked

If the mana crystal on the left most card in your hand is completely below the border of the play area, you have ten cards in hand. It's a useful little shortcut until they add counts.

There are tricks to easily count but I'm not going to bother learning them.

I'll just use HDT which has a hand count icon but I wish it could be moved.

Been trying to find a cheap n' dirty deck to ladder with, are Pirate Warrior and Aggro Shaman my "best" options? I know they're scumbag decks but at least the matches are over quickly.

Levi

Banned
Been trying to find a cheap n' dirty deck to ladder with, are Pirate Warrior and Aggro Shaman my "best" options? I know they're scumbag decks but at least the matches are over quickly.

Aggro shaman is the best deck in the game, that's what I'd use. PirWar is outclassed by it.

Levi

Banned
What new cards from MSOG should I look to add to my old WOTOG agro Shaman?

Haven't played since MSOG launch.

Aggro Jade Shaman

This is the current most popular list.

(I edited this post as I had the wrong list the first time. Copy / Paste error, my bad.)

I was playing midrange Shammy and got stalled at rank 6, this is the list that got me to rank five.

thanks, I only have to craft a rare for that deck, going to try it.

It's actually a fun deck to play, let us know how it works out. (I think one of the benefits right now is people expect a slow Jade deck when they see Druid and then you start dropping big creatures starting at turn 1 when they didn't mulligan for that.)

Face decks.

Or in the case of Druid, pray they don't draw well and outvalue them before they can build up their golems. Druid has very little in the way of comeback mechanics.

Yeah. Right now I faced a Druid who *Set up* his golems well, but by the time they were coming out I was able to face him(With my pally deck) to about 15 health. I had to take 2 ancient tree hits tho because I had to clear them, but I managed to eek out a win.

Ladekabel

Man, if Buckaneer were a 1/1 I could Potion of Madness Patches into it.

And I'm now at a point where I wish that they would put the Class Legendaries in the basic set as craftables and remove Classic from the Standard Set.

patchday

sup Breezy!? I thought I accidently clicked on HoTS/LoL thread (seriously) when I saw your name tag.

Hope you have fun.

Try to go for both. You can add patches to a lot of Classes. I run him in rogue/warrior. Got a Paladin quest other day and stuffed him in there too.

Shaman would be the #1 priority though? Hard to say- I ran both to climb ladder this month along with pirate rogue & even Kripp's janky stealth rogue (new rager FTW)

patchday

My wishes for 2017:

- More hero portraits (like a waifu Druid) and cute Warlock waifu
- Would love to see some sort of mechanic where you can play on opponents turn to stop polymorph. This would make Tirion useful. (I refer to MtG/Yugioh-like games where you can counter spell)
- Buff Inkmaster Solia so her 'gift' can last past the turn she is played in for more creative combos [edit] Then again- I really don't like being a renomage. I much prefer Tempo Mage. So that leads me to my next request
- Let's steer away from Singleton decks for future expansions/adventures
- Do not add a Reno replacement. Having your opponent go from 1 hp to 30hp in one go was never fun to play against
- Never add another card like Entomb please. It just helps encourage me to stick to aggro decks on Standard Ladder for less rage inducing gameplay. Even dragon operative is much better then Entomb
- Do not add a Justicar replacement. It was never fun watching a Control Warrior simply spam armor button.

- Keep doing what you are doing. Please remain super slow to nerf/buff. It is great not having to wade through a mountain of patch notes when I am ready to play. Let MOBA be MOBA.

patchday

how does one counter jade golem decks

Hm, yeah I mostly run aggro decks so I usually try to take them down before they can get rolling good. Since Druid has a fearsome endgame

Also I stick to aggro/fast decks mostly cause yeah--- just in case I run into that rare Control Warrior or old school Control Priest. Losing to these decks are super rage inducing for me (Control Warrior can Brawl away a board) and Control Priest will steal everything lol and its hard to play around if you're running a really greedy deck

Raxus

Queued into casual just to quickly do a quest. Ran into all aggro decks. This game atm is... ugh... makes me want sludge belcher and healbot back in standard.

Ooze is becoming a necessity in nearly every deck and a near viable tech option for most aggros. Golems have all but died off since people figured out you just stop trading and go face against them.

That being said I am still really enjoying this meta more than lasts. It is just a shame it boils down to reno or pirates for most classes that aren't priest.

Dahbomb

Yeah I still see plenty of Jade Druids. Occasionally they get the nuts curve and steam roll you with purr stats. Some of them have taunt activators too for the golems.

Dahbomb

Yeah if you are running PPP you need 4 early game weapons with 2 Jade Claws and Spirit Claws. And both of those are excellent aggro cards anyway.

Shadowverse already has 1 alternate general portrait for each faction, as does Duelyst. Hearthstone having so few options really confuses me. I didn't want to play Priest for the longest time because Anduin looks and sounds like a douche.

Hell at times it feels rank 5 - Legend is 3-4x longer than from rank 20 to 5.

My wishlist for 2017 (besides obvious Patches nerfed):

*Replay function added.
*Be able to spectate friends while they are building decks.
*Be able to share deck lists in-game.
*Better stat tracking in-game.
*This is a personal request but I really need a way for the game to display how many cards are in hand. Most digital card games do this now and I kinda got used to them so now it's kinda annoying having to keep counting cards especially playing Renolock.
*Arena overhaul. It's long overdue and Blizzard said it was coming.
*Ladder system overhaul.
*Legendary pity timer lowered to 30. Will absolutely never happen but hey it's a wishlist.
*Alternate heroes for Warlock and Rogue. Another thing that is long over due.

I might ACTUALLY pay for Waifulock...

original.jpg
Damn, that art. What is that from?

I just asked for alternate hero powers.

I think a lack of stat tracking is intentional.

Thanks for that, because counting cards messes me up all the time.

I might to craft a second doomhammer
Doesn't all of Standard run Ooze? It's a big tempo loss.

I do not like that list at all, rockbiter doomhammer is no longer a sufficient aggro combo and 2 spirit claws as STB activators aren't nearly enough. I've played a list like that and the jade version is strictly better.

It's definitely not the most popular list.

Aggro shaman runs the jade weapon and the jade spell. They also don't run thing from below, typically.

Here is the list I've played against about 1000 times already https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/aggro-shaman-standard-meta-snapshot-dec-25-2016 - more or less. There are probably a few differences even here.

e:
The main reason I linked that list is because it has the jade stuff. There are a few cards like ancestral knowledge and lava shock that are different in that specific list. But since tempostorm listed that in their metasnap shot, I wouldn't be surprised if it gains a lot of popularity.

e2:
They're also featuring a QA miracle rogue which is the exact list I posted here like a week ago lol... the only difference is 1 less swash, 1 more fan of knives. Not that I exactly pioneered the list by any means, but pretty funny it's basically the tech choices I made except for the swash, which I actually like that change too. https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/pirate-miracle-rogue-standard-meta-snapshot-dec-25-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom