• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Can Paladin get some deathrattle minions in the next expansion? Or something to buff those recruits? Those decks were at least fun to play. Could mess around with a deck with redemption if Paladin had more deathrattle minions to play with or make a legit N'zoth deck. They also gave us that Stand Against Darkness card a couple of expansions back, but didn't do anything with it. :\ Buffs and debuffs should be a Paladin theme!

Selfless Hero, Competitive Spirit and Warhorse Trainer I think were all meant to synergize with Stand Against Darkness. Turns out Bubble Paladin wasn't a very good deck but they did print some tools.

Pooya

I opened this guy....

49737.png

I didn't know this was a card... cool art I guess. easy dust.

Levi

Banned
Party Portals brawl... thought we were getting Gift Exchange. Not that I mind a free pack vs a cardback I've already got.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
does dragon priest work at all if you don't have twilight guardian?

it's in every dragon priest decklist I've seen, but i don't feel like spending 400 dust on cards that are going to rotate soon

it's in every dragon priest decklist I've seen, but i don't feel like spending 400 dust on cards that are going to rotate soon

Haven't tried it without Twilight Guardian, but man, it seems really important to me. I guess Senjin would be the closest substitute, but even then, you lose Dragon Synergy which is rough.

zoukka

It's a key card especially in this aggro meta.

cHinzo

Selfless Hero, Competitive Spirit and Warhorse Trainer I think were all meant to synergize with Stand Against Darkness. Turns out Bubble Paladin wasn't a very good deck but they did print some tools.

Dnno what selfless hero has to do with recruit tokens, but competitive spirit has no synergy with summoning those 5 1/1's since, it's too easy to clear over 2 turns. Something like this:

mark-of-the-lotus-1-300x429.png

Would have helped way more. Too bad Druids got the card. Man that class has some awesome buff cards. ;_;

Levi

Banned
Dnno what selfless hero has to do with recruit tokens, but competitive spirit has no synergy with summoning those 5 1/1's since, it's too easy to clear over 2 turns. Something like this:

I got Selfless Hero confused with Steward of Darkshire.

Steward_of_Darkshire%2833153%29_Gold.png

Dahbomb

What cards do you have in your wild lock?

Generally pretty standard list with the Leeroy finisher.

Only Wild cards are Loatheb, Belcher, Dr Boom and Healbot.

Healbot and Dr Boom are pretty essential for this deck.

Loatheb really helps in the Mage, Druid and Rogue match ups, helps you set up lethals against other Warlock players too because you can't be board cleared. Very strong card.

Belcher helps against the aggro as people aren't running silence and they have to kill the taunts twice. Helps buy a turn before Reno Jackson.

I had Dark Bomb in there and it's a good card in this list (has additional reach utility) but eventually I had to cut it because I just want to tap on turn 2.

If you were serious about climbing past rank 5 then I would cut Jaraxxus. It served me well to get to rank 5 but in the last couple of ranks it started to falter as people had faster decks. I would imagine it gets faster. Of course I would NEVER drop Jaraxxus but I have to give the proper advice and say to cut Jaraxxus.

I don't have any taunt givers and Faceless Shambler. I think you need one taunt giver in this deck at least so I would probably add that in. I don't think Faceless Shambler is good without Mountain Giant, there aren't enough good targets for it without it. And I think Mountain Giant is particularly bad in Wild so I don't even run it. There was like one match in Wild where I was like "oh man if I had Mountain Giant on turn 4 this was a done deal" but honestly I never missed it.

You can probably think about cutting Farseer too but aside from that there are very few flex spots, every card has a purpose and is very strong. All the cards served me very well.

Tomcat

Generally pretty standard list with the Leeroy finisher.

Only Wild cards are Loatheb, Belcher, Dr Boom and Healbot.

Healbot and Dr Boom are pretty essential for this deck.

Loatheb really helps in the Mage, Druid and Rogue match ups, helps you set up lethals against other Warlock players too because you can't be board cleared. Very strong card.

Belcher helps against the aggro as people aren't running silence and they have to kill the taunts twice. Helps buy a turn before Reno Jackson.

I had Dark Bomb in there and it's a good card in this list (has additional reach utility) but eventually I had to cut it because I just want to tap on turn 2.

If you were serious about climbing past rank 5 then I would cut Jaraxxus. It served me well to get to rank 5 but in the last couple of ranks it started to falter as people had faster decks. I would imagine it gets faster. Of course I would NEVER drop Jaraxxus but I have to give the proper advice and say to cut Jaraxxus.

I don't have any taunt givers and Faceless Shambler. I think you need one taunt giver in this deck at least so I would probably add that in. I don't think Faceless Shambler is good without Mountain Giant, there aren't enough good targets for it without it. And I think Mountain Giant is particularly bad in Wild so I don't even run it. There was like one match in Wild where I was like "oh man if I had Mountain Giant on turn 4 this was a done deal" but honestly I never missed it.

You can probably think about cutting Farseer too but aside from that there are very few flex spots, every card has a purpose and is very strong. All the cards served me very well.

no piloted shredder and do u really need the combo?dr7 kazakus and jaraxus are enough win conditions in my opinion.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Piloted shredder is super overrated at this point.

Renolock has lots of good options at 4 mana and piloted shredder gets a little overshadowed.

Dahbomb

no piloted shredder and do u really need the combo?dr7 kazakus and jaraxus are enough win conditions in my opinion.
Yeah I really need the combo for the burst.

Kazakus and Dr Boom aren't win conditions by themselves. I already said that Jaraxxus is cutable and in that case the combo is even more needed.

Shredder is good if I had Nzoth in this deck which some people are playing in Wild. Other than that Shredder doesn't do much. It doesn't protect your face or board clear. Shredder is more of a tempo/aggro card in general. Much better than Mountain Giant of course but still not what I need for this deck. I would rather have Senjin to be honest in this meta.

Tomcat

Kazakus and Dr Boom aren't win conditions by themselves. I already said that Jaraxxus is cutable and in that case the combo is even more needed.

Shredder is good if I had Nzoth in this deck which some people are playing in Wild. Other than that Shredder doesn't do much. It doesn't protect your face or board clear. Shredder is more of a tempo/aggro card in general. Much better than Mountain Giant of course but still not what I need for this deck. I would rather have Senjin to be honest in this meta.

no way I am cutting jaraxus. As for the combo its good in mirror matches but generally I don't like it. Even more in wild i don't think I need it. As for shredder yeah its debatable but will test it. Maybe put second rate in its position.

Levi

Banned
I just want to play a game on my lunch, not get roped every turn by a freakin' Priest. I ended up having to just close the app with the game undecided so I could go back to work.

Why is it the people who play the decks with the smallest amount of decision making are always the ones who have to burn the rope every turn?

akinkcl

Neo Member
Since I got to rank 5, I have been playing a burgle rogue..surprisingly good against shamans..worst matchups are pirate warrior and other rogues(no discount from peddler)

Why is it the people who play the decks with the smallest amount of decision making are always the ones who have to burn the rope every turn?

I agree.

It's really annoying. Especially when the game has just started and they won't even choose their hand cards.

I can understand leaving the game for unexpected incidents, but it happens so often that you can tell that in 9 out of 10 cases they probably watch something on Youtube/TV or browse the web.

If you queue for a game you should play it and not be distracted by other stuff. You're wasting other peoples time.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
This is like the fourth fucking time I've been disconnected and lost a match in arena since the expansion came out. I paid actual money for the run, too. Fraud.

Levi

Banned
I think people deliberately rope mid-day so they can try and catch people on their lunch breaks for a free win.

Just pure scum.

This is like the fourth fucking time I've been disconnected and lost a match in arena since the expansion came out. I paid actual money for the run, too. Fraud.

Contact blizz support and see if they'll give you an arena token or something. If you're spending money and getting screwed maybe they can hook you up.

I got Selfless Hero confused with Steward of Darkshire.

Steward_of_Darkshire%2833153%29_Gold.png
This card is great especially with noble sacrifice bummer that it's so understatted. If it were a 3/4 it wouldn't die to nearly as much removal and you'd get a chance to get some value from it playing it on curve. It can be really good in wild with haunted creeper, muster and such.
Can Paladin get some deathrattle minions in the next expansion? Or something to buff those recruits? Those decks were at least fun to play. Could mess around with a deck with redemption if Paladin had more deathrattle minions to play with or make a legit N'zoth deck. They also gave us that Stand Against Darkness card a couple of expansions back, but didn't do anything with it. :\ Buffs and debuffs should be a Paladin theme!
can paladin get a good cheap weapon, cheap sticky minions, some more aoe or direct damage spells. Blizz took a huge dump on paladin with but if Patches was playable in standard paladin even a card like selfless hero might suddenly be able to get some value.
Go wide should be a Paladin theme but Druid is just better at it. I do not like the idea of buffing as a major mechanic instead of a supportive.

Levi

Banned
Paladin was top tier from GVG until the release of standard. Paladin is still amazing in Wild. I'm sure Paladin will again be good in standard in the near future. Heck, I saw someone on my friend's list playing Anyfin Control Paladin at rank 2 in standard just yesterday.

Sucks that the grimy mechanic didn't turn out to be good but there's always going to be a worst class. I consider it impossible to perfectly balance 9 classes and I don't ever expect that to happen.

At least pally isn't Hunter, which isn't good in either format as far as I can tell. (Not that I mind, The whole concept of Hunter is anti-fun).

there's a difference between being the worst class in the game and being gutter trash. It can be the former and still have viable decks that can reasonably compete.
It's not like people didn't expect Paladin being really bad just seeing the cards spoiled, blizzard should have as well and changed it in development accordingly.
It doesn't matter that paladin had a hot streak or is still good in wild before, that's not an excuse for further printing shit cards when Paladin wasn't in an amazing spot with OG already. Nor does it matter whether hunter is off worse.

Having 2 classes being barely played and competitively unviable isn't just not perfectly balanced, it's atrociously balanced. That's more than a 5th of all classes and quite a large pool of cards, did purify have apologists?

Levi

Banned
All my favorite decks have gotten shat on.

I've moved on. The only thing consistent about this game is that things change.

Might I suggest playing one of the other 8 classes in the game in the meantime?

patchday

Like the Brawl theme just wish I could pick my cards (like only let you pick karazhan cards whether you own the adventure or not). Never saw a Mime card before that was pretty funny (mimes can spawn from the party goer card)

I somehow enjoyed the Brawl anyways and won on my 1st try. Got another Edwin from the pack. I could probably craft 2 legendaries now but nothing really appeals since I already pulled or crafted all the legends I wanted from MSoG already

Still debating on crafting Avianna for some funny Druid gimmicks plus I could run her in Wild when she rotates out

Lyng

I have been thinking about adding hogger. I think he is to slow but want to test it out.

Dahbomb

no way I am cutting jaraxus. As for the combo its good in mirror matches but generally I don't like it. Even more in wild i don't think I need it. As for shredder yeah its debatable but will test it. Maybe put second rate in its position.
Second Rate Bruiser is almost a requirement at this point.

patchday

Man my friend just lost his ranked match cause Kazakus rezzed a bunch of nasty crap for his opponent + hit his druid in the face for 8 damage or something. He was in Wild too. Guess since he's already grinded out rank 5 in standard he's just working on his golden druid portrait.

His opponent was a renolock btw with Dr Boom and Kazakus.

fertygo

I know many of my opponents try to pull this off. It's such BM :p

I win many of those games.

They think playing reno when they have zero control over the board and initiative is gonna win the game... then I teach them a lesson :D

I never think I won already if I reno vs Rogue

its just step 1 for the matchup

unless these motherfuck already YO-Fucking-LO and col blood cold blood, evis already like most rogue in ladder

manhack

Not from america anyway, nah..

I can only do that if I actually build my library on asia server

I thought your points count in your home region regardless of what server you get points on.

Several pro's use Asia server for points despite living in EU/US.

Levi

Banned
Opened a blood mage in my brawl pack on the Asia server. My only other non-Karazhan neutral legendary over there is Onyxia so I'm pretty excited that I actually opened one of the best ones.

i got wrecked at rank 3 wild by a deck that ran finja, old murk, 2x murloc knight, 2x blessing of might, 2x smugglers run, and eadric the pure. it was freaking awesome, ran to craft finja after that monstrosity. finja slamming out chargers and warleaders in a deck full of pumped up minions was awesome. the buff junk worked really well with wickerflame and minibot

edit: This is my version, working very well at r4 wild

4vetV37.png

shredder and argus are questionable, i think the rest of the deck is pretty concrete tho (belcher is another option). there's 5 cards that can buff finja/wickerflame, and uldaman works well with both of those as well against heavier decks.

i love it bc anyfin in standard is so boring! It's just removal removal heal heal. This deck is just full of bullets, so it's not an antifun deck like std anyfin and freeze mage. it's aggro enough to win some games by t6, yet defensive enough to fend off the turbo aggro warrior/shaman shit if u play smart. and divine favor/2x anyfin wrecks tf out of reno decks, dude i watched was running two DF but i feel like there's too many warriors and such to justify doubling that one up

Oh man, FINALLY rank 5 with Renolock in Wild. I dipped down to rank 7 three times. Final boss was a N'Zoth Priest, and Dirty Rat + Brann on his Doomsayer pulled N'Zoth. After that I played Jaraxxus and just wore him down with Infernals.

Special thanks to Dahbomb for convincing me to stick with Dirty Rat. He actually won me at least 4 matches this week. Solid card that freaks me out every time I play it.

There is going to be a diablo themed brawl!

http://www.pcgamer.com/diablos-20th..._source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

For the 20th anniversary of Diablo
Diablo Warlock avatar alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom