• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
Damn, that art. What is that from?
I don't know man I typed in female Warlock Warcraft in Google and found that. I have no idea about Warcraft lore so I am sure someone can find a relevant female Warlock character.

And I am totally with you on the Priest character. Tyrande is a massive upgrade, only issue I have is that her heal isn't a different color to match her aesthetic.

Welp, I have never been more confused.

I'm playing control N'Zoth Shaman, get matched up with a Rogue. They play STB on 1 and, of course, it pulls Patches. They do nothing for a couple turns after that until playing Coldlight Oracle. So I start playing around the possibility that it's mill, but then the next two turns they play one Wisp each turn. Then I play White Eyes and they concede.

I'm at a loss. 4-1 with this Shaman deck at rank 5 though, not too bad.

patchday

I'm confused then I have no idea what Jade shaman deck you refer to. The ones I know and ran to climb did not have doomhammer. plus it didnt have TFB.

(The aggro shaman list at http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com is Demigod's aggro shaman deck- at least that's where I originally got it from and started using)

I'm confused then I have no idea what Jade shaman deck you refer to. The ones I know and ran to climb did not have doomhammer. plus it didnt have TFB.

aggro shaman with jade, it just runs 2 jade claws and 2 jade lightning and sometimes Aya Blackpaw.
Moebius posted the tempo aggro list for instance that runs that w/o aya.

You need the jade claws to consistently activate STB and once you run 2 of those jade lightning becomes great.

patchday

I'm sorry I agree with you that list on hearthstonetopdecks is stupid. I mjistakenly thought it had 2 jade claws and 2 jade lightning. That is NOT Demigod's aggro Shaman which has these vital elements

Levi

Banned
I do not like that list at all, rockbiter doomhammer is no longer a sufficient aggro combo and 2 spirit claws as STB activators aren't nearly enough. I've played a list like that and the jade version is strictly better.

I grabbed the wrong list, I agree with what you're saying 100%. Should have opened the link before copy/pasting.

Here's the list I was looking for. Not sure why HS Top decks changed their guide to the Doomhammer version:

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/oranges-jade-aggro-shaman-seatstory-cup-vi-december-2016/

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I feel like I never run into a Rogue on ladder who doesn't magically have the answer to everything I do on every single turn.

Yeah I think I figured it out- my opponent must've been field testing Kripp's new greedy zoth shaman

I see some renomage crying bout this list on reddit.

Personally I find White Eyes is mostly just polymorph/removal bait but he is good if he makes it out alive
That looks like a really bad deck.
I grabbed the wrong list, I agree with what you're saying 100%. Should have opened the link before copy/pasting.

Here's the list I was looking for. Not sure why HS Top decks changed their guide to the Doomhammer version:

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/oranges-jade-aggro-shaman-seatstory-cup-vi-december-2016/

That makes much more sense. The list in the guide was decent for the first week which I think si when it sprung up first and then quickly got replaced by the jade list.

patchday

Kind of sad that Aya might be getting phased out. I know I am thinking to give Jade Druid a whirl -however- only planning to pack at least 1 jade idol and jade blossoms for ramp.

Really itchin' to craft Avianna even though I know shes rotating out at some point around Spring or something I guess. Makes me sad cause Avianna seems like a perfect companion to Kun.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Rank 10 at last!

I kept bouncing up and down from 11 to 12, but that hearthstonetopdecks Aggro Shaman finally took me over the top. I agree that the two Jade Claws help make STB more useful, but the doomhammer rockbiter combo won me two or three games.

fertygo

I love my renolock man

get top 100 legend rank today

wdTfLe4.jpg

also beat VLPS on stream

hope my upswing can last 3 more day

because I really doubt can repeat this on regular basis, I'm not that good

manhack

I love my renolock man

also beat VLPS on stream

Don't sell yourself short. Top 100 last week of season is great

patchday

I love my renolock man

also beat VLPS on stream

Very classy and humble. Grats!!

Rank 10 at last!

I kept bouncing up and down from 11 to 12, but that hearthstonetopdecks Aggro Shaman finally took me over the top. I agree that the two Jade Claws help make STB more useful, but the doomhammer rockbiter combo won me two or three games.

Grats on Rank 10

Dahbomb

Rank 5 achieved in Wild with the greatest of ease using Renolock:

Pretty sure I was operating at over 80% win rate. I could go to Legend with it if I had the time to play more.

Observations of Wild meta:

*Way, way more varied than Standard meta.

*Introduction of Kazakus has greatly reduced the number of Nzoth decks I saw. And if you have the read that you are playing against a Nzoth deck finisher then you can do the Bran Kazakus combo to get the Polymorph whole board spell. Even if you don't, the big board clears allow you to weather the storm of Nzoth. I haven't had a problem with Nzoth in Wild using this deck.

*A lot of people in Wild even at rank 5-6 are using Standard decks with just Dr Boom or another card in there. Seems I am one of the few people using Loatheb in Wild lol.

*Zombie Chow is non existent in Wild now, has pretty much been "power crept" by Mistress of Pain. Because of the high aggression, the 4 heal to self is just more valuable than the extra health that Zombie Chow has.

*Secret Paladin is still bull shit especially now that they have restarted using Divine Favors in their deck to counter Renolock. Had a Secret Paladin where he had 7 card advantage on me lol... and of course the god curve of Secret Paladin is still unbeatable by any deck.

*A few of the Pirate Warriors I faced put in Ship's Cannon and it's absolutely brutal. Died on turn 5 against one with a coin Ship's Cannon opener into double 1 drop Pirates + Patches.

*Shaman and Rogues generally tend to use Standard decks with the occasional Rogue using cheesy Mill decks that you have to be careful for playing Reno decks.

*Unless you are Secret Paladin, playing old school Wild decks actually does not cut it anymore. You have to at least use some of the cards from MSG/Karazhan to keep up. Hunter used to be top tier in Wild but it doesn't feel like that anymore, it just gets rushed down despite having an insane quantity of sticky minions including Mad Scientist. Still a lot better than in Standard, Hunter is an actual class in Wild and so is Paladin. I was fortunate enough to face only one Face Hunter using PPP which I won against because of on curve Reno.

*Jaraxxus saved me many games in Wild because there are quite a few people using slower decks because of the availability of the anti aggro tools to go late game. Won against a bunch of Priests, a Reno Mage and healed me to safety against a bunch of aggressive decks. Jaraxxus the GAWD!

*Wall of shame games included a game where I had a Reno Dragon Priest dead to rights with Jaraxxus at full HP + Dread Infernal against his empty board...plays Nefarian and gains Sac Pact for lethal. Another one where I had the Secret Paladin on the ropes but turn 6 MC, turn 7 Dr Boom, turn 8 MC, turn 9 Divine Favor hand refill into Shredders on board ... yeah that was a non sense game too. A few "fun and interactive" Patches game as well.

*Faced mirror Renolocks that I lost as much as I won. Those losses felt the toughest mostly because if the draws ended up in a different way I would've won.

*Didn't have any obscene Dirty Rat games, card was solid not crazy. Pulled a few strong minions into Twisting Nether, denied a Reno Jackson, used it on a Pirate Warrior and it put nothing on the board because the hand was full of spells and comboed effectively with Doomsayer.

PW with ships cannon and greenskin in wild is by far the best deck in the game atm, IMO. having access to 5 upgrade cards in your deck means you can ride insane weapons, you don't need that slow ass arcanite reaper since the target win is on t4-6 and death's bite is the 2nd or 3rd best weapon in the game, there's less anti weapon tech than there is in standard, and up to rank 5 about 66%+ of the decks played are homebrew to a decent extent, especially this time of month

PW with ships cannon and greenskin in wild is by far the best deck in the game atm, IMO. having access to 5 upgrade cards in your deck means you can ride insane weapons, you don't need that slow ass arcanite reaper since the target win is on t4-6 and death's bite is the 2nd or 3rd best weapon in the game, there's less anti weapon tech than there is in standard, and up to rank 5 about 66%+ of the decks played are homebrew to a decent extent, especially this time of month

I agree, but once I hit Rank 4/5 it feels like everyone out there is teched against this deck. I am getting taunted to death... so much so that I want to tech in an Ironbeak Owl. I am trying to reach Legend (I dont know why...) but right now I find it impossible to progress.

Also, it feels like very few people are playing right now as I am facing the same people three or four times in a row.

Also, I am playing way outside my Rank sometimes...

I agree, but once I hit Rank 4/5 it feels like everyone out there is teched against this deck. I am getting taunted to death... so much so that I want to tech in an Ironbeak Owl. I am trying to reach Legend (I dont know why...) but right now I find it impossible to progress.

Also, it feels like very few people are playing right now as I am facing the same people three or four times in a row.

Also, I am playing way outside my Rank sometimes...

that's because the 'tryhards' already made it to legend in wild, and the people who made say rank 5, dgaf and just start playing around with meme/joke/experimental jokes the last week of the season bc they already peaked and don't care about hitting legend. that's why u see so much diversity in wild decks, people hit a rank then just tank goofing off (or people flat out don't care about their rank ever bc they have standard for that)

owl isn't a bad tech at all for wild honestly, though if you're tilting for that reason i'd switch to secret pally, renolock, or something else that can weather pirates but still has strong late game once you hit those higher ranks

also this is why i make sure i have multiple wild decks available at the time, since when u get up high, theres a high chance of playing vs repeat players, u should rotate decks. think of it as a tournament. i can't tell u how many time i won repeat games bc i switched from PW to dragon PW and the opponent was the same dude, or i saw he was playing turbo aggro and switched to a good counter. def don't go rank 5-legend without deck rotating at this time of month, if u face a lot of repeats deck rotating will win u alot more games than a tech card

on a related note i find the fact that u play repeat people often in single digit wild ranks incredibly refreshing and fun, especially if u come prepared with 2 control/2 mid range / 2 aggro decks to hot swap out :)

vall03

Is Lunar Visions being used a lot and having two is important? I have a normal one and a golden and I'm thinking of disenchanting it for dust. Just not sure if it is core card or something.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Is Lunar Visions being used a lot and having two is important? I have a normal one and a golden and I'm thinking of disenchanting it for dust. Just not sure if it is core card or something.

I remember there used to be an occasional pro using two in tournaments and on stream, but I haven't seen it so much lately.

Certainly doesn't seem required in any case.

It's used in the Aviana+Kun OTK decks.

Oh yeah, that too. Probably not as good for the Malygos version but good for the C'thun version.

Dre

Pirate Warrior is awful in EU Wild right now, I would strongly advise against playing it unless you want to drop in ranks.
I'm at rank 5 and everybody is teching against it, even Tempo Mages run double Ooze and double Mirror Image there. Wasn't that useful against me as I was playing a weapon-less Class, but whatever.

It might be different on US but on EU you'll have a negative winrate.

vall03

It's used in the Aviana+Kun OTK decks.

I remember there used to be an occasional pro using two in tournaments and on stream, but I haven't seen it so much lately.

Certainly doesn't seem required in any case.

Oh yeah, that too. Probably not as good for the Malygos version but good for the C'thun version.

Thanks for the input guys! Don't think I'm going to play those Aviana/Kun decks and TGT is rotating out next year anyway. Will disenchant the golden and keep the normal one for now. If I will find a use for it, I think having one would be handy.

bjaelke

I'd honestly consider paying a one time fee to get access to stats tracking, profile pages, replays and more. Overwolf/Heartharena just embedded video commercials in their overlay software, so now I'm back to manually recording all my arena runs.

Lyng

Rank 5 achieved in Wild with the greatest of ease using Renolock:

Pretty sure I was operating at over 80% win rate. I could go to Legend with it if I had the time to play more.

Observations of Wild meta:

*Way, way more varied than Standard meta.

*Introduction of Kazakus has greatly reduced the number of Nzoth decks I saw. And if you have the read that you are playing against a Nzoth deck finisher then you can do the Bran Kazakus combo to get the Polymorph whole board spell. Even if you don't, the big board clears allow you to weather the storm of Nzoth. I haven't had a problem with Nzoth in Wild using this deck.

*A lot of people in Wild even at rank 5-6 are using Standard decks with just Dr Boom or another card in there. Seems I am one of the few people using Loatheb in Wild lol.

*Zombie Chow is non existent in Wild now, has pretty much been "power crept" by Mistress of Pain. Because of the high aggression, the 4 heal to self is just more valuable than the extra health that Zombie Chow has.

*Secret Paladin is still bull shit especially now that they have restarted using Divine Favors in their deck to counter Renolock. Had a Secret Paladin where he had 7 card advantage on me lol... and of course the god curve of Secret Paladin is still unbeatable by any deck.

*A few of the Pirate Warriors I faced put in Ship's Cannon and it's absolutely brutal. Died on turn 5 against one with a coin Ship's Cannon opener into double 1 drop Pirates + Patches.

*Shaman and Rogues generally tend to use Standard decks with the occasional Rogue using cheesy Mill decks that you have to be careful for playing Reno decks.

*Unless you are Secret Paladin, playing old school Wild decks actually does not cut it anymore. You have to at least use some of the cards from MSG/Karazhan to keep up. Hunter used to be top tier in Wild but it doesn't feel like that anymore, it just gets rushed down despite having an insane quantity of sticky minions including Mad Scientist. Still a lot better than in Standard, Hunter is an actual class in Wild and so is Paladin. I was fortunate enough to face only one Face Hunter using PPP which I won against because of on curve Reno.

*Jaraxxus saved me many games in Wild because there are quite a few people using slower decks because of the availability of the anti aggro tools to go late game. Won against a bunch of Priests, a Reno Mage and healed me to safety against a bunch of aggressive decks. Jaraxxus the GAWD!

*Wall of shame games included a game where I had a Reno Dragon Priest dead to rights with Jaraxxus at full HP + Dread Infernal against his empty board...plays Nefarian and gains Sac Pact for lethal. Another one where I had the Secret Paladin on the ropes but turn 6 MC, turn 7 Dr Boom, turn 8 MC, turn 9 Divine Favor hand refill into Shredders on board ... yeah that was a non sense game too. A few "fun and interactive" Patches game as well.

*Faced mirror Renolocks that I lost as much as I won. Those losses felt the toughest mostly because if the draws ended up in a different way I would've won.

*Didn't have any obscene Dirty Rat games, card was solid not crazy. Pulled a few strong minions into Twisting Nether, denied a Reno Jackson, used it on a Pirate Warrior and it put nothing on the board because the hand was full of spells and comboed effectively with Doomsayer.

What cards do you have in your wild lock?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I love my renolock man

also beat VLPS on stream

Congrats man! Thats super impressive!

GOU GOU FERTYGOU!!
* clapclap clapclapclap*

DSmalls84

Is Raza worth crafting without Chillmaw or Prophet Velen? Seems like those cards are also ran in tandem with Raza but I would rather not craft Chillmaw since it will rotate out soon and doesn't see much use in other decks.

pixelish

Did you already purchase (at least) the first wing of Naxx? Because if not, it isn't available to purchase any more.

i've already done two of them. by completing the third wing, it is very likely i will also save up gold to get the next wing as it has stalagg and feugen which is free 800 dust. the thing is i'm not sure if this is the best use of gold as i could spend the 1400 gold i've saved for the two wings for 14 packs.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy shit the game Thijs is playing...he's against a Priest that went Brann, Netherspite, Drakonid Operative.

The next turn the priest did Brann (from operative) into another Operative (from netherspite). The turn after that he did that again.

What a card.

JesseZao

Holy shit the game Thijs is playing...he's against a Priest that went Brann, Netherspite, Drakonid Operative.

The next turn the priest did Brann (from operative) into another Operative (from netherspite). The turn after that he did that again.

What a card.

It's why I've been having fun with Dragon priest. The opponent deck info is almost worth it by itself.

FeD.nL

What a card.

Faced a priest today who played 6 operatives against me. Needless to say, I was annoyed.

fertygo

Thank for all the encouragement guys :)

I'm slide down a bit after little unfortunate streak tho but I'm still hyped to grind more till end of season!

cHinzo

Can Paladin get some deathrattle minions in the next expansion? Or something to buff those recruits? Those decks were at least fun to play. Could mess around with a deck with redemption if Paladin had more deathrattle minions to play with or make a legit N'zoth deck. They also gave us that Stand Against Darkness card a couple of expansions back, but didn't do anything with it. :\ Buffs and debuffs should be a Paladin theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom