• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

rank 3 to dumpster legend EU.

1483089273-legend.png

shaman stats
1483089239-stats1.png

I was so unlucky, every rogue had the vancleef bullshit in the opening. nerf plz.... Iw as stuck at rank 1 for a while then I was facing so many reno mages, I said fuck it, I play jade druid.

went 4-1 to legend with jade druid. Only loss was to kun druid. got rekt. Absolutely destroyed reno mages which there were 3 of them, the other guy was pirate warrior and my list does well against pirate warrior, it's only bad against shaman. I think jade druid is still pretty good and underrated. Specially if reno decks are a meta deck.

I'm rank 3 NA, maybe get legend there too, never been legend on both servers in one month. I have time right now lol. I'm not sure it's feasible in two days. I like this meta overall, it's pretty healthy except for paladin/hunter.

legend seriously needs much better rewards, it's fun getting there but there is very little incentive to actually do it.

Now I played Reno instead of Emperor, Renolock is hard

edit:still won

Okay this legit just happened at rank 4. Pirate Warrior opens with STB fetching Patches, I play Mistress of Mixtures (which I'm gonna call mom going forward in this thread). He plays FWA and instead of eating the mom while I'm at 29 he attacks with his minions putting me to 25, realizes his mistake and concedes.

Convert seems like an amazing card in Reno Priest

Basically, anything worth Entombing is also worth Converting in most cases.

Late game double Ragnaros or Ysera is amazing. Also, with so many people playing Reno decks possibly having two full heals for yourself is solid too. Three if you also Entomb Reno for for reason.

Anyway, I am happy with Convert! It was worth 100 of my dust for the fun I had in the last 5 games.

scarlet

I'm really torn between Aya for my shaman. Leeroy for rogue and renolock or Ysera for my priest.

It's been 30 days since I got beardo, my last legendary.

DSmalls84

Made it down to rank 6 for the first time this month using Dragon Warrior and Dragon Priest. Starting to hit a wall now. Hopefully I can make it to 5 to at least get the chest upgrade.

Levi

Banned
Made it down to rank 6 for the first time this month using Dragon Warrior and Dragon Priest. Starting to hit a wall now. Hopefully I can make it to 5 to at least get the chest upgrade.

You can get there! Just stay calm and don't stress about temp setbacks. Take a break if you start losing and take a walk or a shower or some other task to make sure you don't Tilt.

patchday

1483089273-legend.png

shaman stats
1483089239-stats1.png

I was so unlucky, every rogue had the vancleef bullshit in the opening. nerf plz.... Iw as stuck at rank 1 for a while then I was facing so many reno mages, I said fuck it, I play jade druid.

went 4-1 to legend with jade druid. Only loss was to kun druid. got rekt. Absolutely destroyed reno mages which there were 3 of them, the other guy was pirate warrior and my list does well against pirate warrior, it's only bad against shaman. I think jade druid is still pretty good and underrated. Specially if reno decks are a meta deck.

I'm rank 3 NA, maybe get legend there too, never been legend on both servers in one month. I have time right now lol. I'm not sure it's feasible in two days. I like this meta overall, it's pretty healthy except for paladin/hunter.

legend seriously needs much better rewards, it's fun getting there but there is very little incentive to actually do it.

Grats on Legend

you're almost right there nice

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

1483089273-legend.png

shaman stats
1483089239-stats1.png

Congrats mayne!!

Pooya

edit: thanks ^^

I'm really torn between Aya for my shaman. Leeroy for rogue and renolock or Ysera for my priest.

It's been 30 days since I got beardo, my last legendary.

I wouldn't craft Aya, there is still a question mark over longevity of any jade focused deck. It's pretty much like Twin Emperor, it's a good card but yeah look how that one turned out.

Next set in 3 months could make jade irrelevant. She's only limited to jade, that's her problem, if you're short on resources and want some long term investment I'd hold on that.

Ysera has been irrelevant for a long time too, you don't need big dragons in dragon priest, you have so much value in that deck already. It's run in reno dragon priest but that's a sketchy at best deck right now. She's so slow and with the RNG involved I don't think it will come back any time soon.

Leeroy is obviously more useful all around, it's just direct damage and that useful in a few classes.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just played a zoo that was doing normal zoo things dumping his hand yadayada. Then turn 8 he drew and played rag. What the hell? Blood to ichor execute no big deal, still have a board.

Turn 10 empty hand he top decks deathwing. What the hell. No way is that a good idea when it doesn't happen exactly like that.

Still won somehow but still.

patchday

^ That's a pretty whacky deck. Reminds me of that replay I posted yesterday where that Pirate Warrior tried to dirty rat my rogue and yanked out my shaku. My guess the Pirate Warrior was trying to tech against Reno or something idk

Levi

Banned
Just played a zoo that was doing normal zoo things dumping his hand yadayada. Then turn 8 he drew and played rag. What the hell? Blood to ichor execute no big deal, still have a board.

Turn 10 empty hand he top decks deathwing. What the hell. No way is that a good idea when it doesn't happen exactly like that.

Still won somehow but still.

^ That's a pretty whacky deck. Reminds me of that replay I posted yesterday where that Pirate Warrior tried to dirty rat my rogue and yanked out my shaku. My guess the Pirate Warrior was trying to tech against Reno or something idk

Sometimes people just build decks by starting with "these are the only good cards I have so they go in every deck." or "I just pulled this new card let's put it in whatever I'm running to see how it goes."

Like, when I started my f2p EU account and pulled Sylvanas, I put her in every deck I made. I'd be running decks with 15 basic cards, a bunch of random commons and rares from the Classic set, and Sylvanas.

DSmalls84

You can get there! Just stay calm and don't stress about temp setbacks. Take a break if you start losing and take a walk or a shower or some other task to make sure you don't Tilt.

Got it! Feels good I finally hit 5 after months of topping out at 8!

Sometimes people just build decks by starting with "these are the only good cards I have so they go in every deck." or "I just pulled this new card let's put it in whatever I'm running to see how it goes."

Like, when I started my f2p EU account and pulled Sylvanas, I put her in every deck I made. I'd be running decks with 15 basic cards, a bunch of random commons and rares from the Classic set, and Sylvanas.
Definitely. Ragnaros was the first legendary I crafted, and he went into 100% of my decks for months.
Now I have a sizeable collection, and he only goes into 99% of my decks because I love that card.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

He was a golden warlock.

You still might be right, but I think he was actually trying out a build.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Didn't realize Truesilver Champion let you heal your hero back up from zero. Doesn't that kind of damage-then-heal interaction usually result in the hero just dying?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Didn't realize Truesilver Champion let you heal your hero back up from zero. Doesn't that kind of damage-then-heal interaction usually result in the hero just dying?

It doesn't allow that. Heal happens first before the actual attack.

Or is it some weird interaction with explosive trap or something.

patchday

So I go to Wild to make experimental slower deck and earn some stars on Druid (since he has only like 5 ladder wins). Get ran over by endless wave of aggro decks. Get pissed and use typical pirate warrior build to finish quest

Wish my experiments worked out better

(My Wild ladder rank is super awful-- bouncing from 17 -18. At least will have a good finish on Standard ladder)

Got it! Feels good I finally hit 5 after months of topping out at 8!

2333540_o.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It doesn't allow that. Heal happens first before the actual attack.

Or is it some weird interaction with explosive trap or something.

Yeah, explosive trap. Paladin was down to 2 health, attacked into explosive trap, went down to zero, then healed back up to 2.

So I go to Wild to make experimental slower deck and earn some stars on Druid (since he has only like 5 ladder wins). Get ran over by endless wave of aggro decks. Get pissed and use typical pirate warrior build to finish quest

Wish my experiments worked out better

(My Wild ladder rank is super awful-- bouncing from 17 -18. At least will have a good finish on Standard ladder)

If patches isn't nerfed he'll change Wild for good.

patchday

Patches has zero to do with my post tho (only guy using patches is me right now on my Burgle rogue). My greed decks get overrun in Wild by off meta budget decks (no patches)

Standard ladder is soooo much easier cause you can tech against the known 4-5 decks.

In upper ranks of Wild I'm going to be facing a lot of random budget aggro and beginner decks over & over

Levi

Banned

The game doesn't check for "death" until after all damage and heals are resolved. It's just the way the game is coded--it's why if you attack with Finja and pull a Warleader your Finja can surive "fatal" damage because the Warleader buffs its health.

Same reason as a 1-health Daring Reporter can't be killed with Mortal Coil. You "kill" it, but by doing so you draw a card, which buffs its health and then it surivives.

Edit: we almost had a streak going of posts that weren't bitching about Pirates. :(

patchday

The game doesn't check for "death" until after all damage and heals are resolved. It's just the way the game is coded--it's why if you attack with Finja and pull a Warleader your Finja can surive "fatal" damage because the Warleader buffs its health.

Same reason as a 1-health Daring Reporter can't be killed with Mortal Coil. You "kill" it, but by doing so you draw a card, which buffs its health and then it surivives.

Edit: we almost had a streak going of posts that weren't bitching about Pirates. :(

I know right? I was thinking the samething lol

Btw like your avatar I guess Finja will probably be my next craft at some point

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's weird how critical every card feels in a Reno deck when you would never run a third of the cards in a non Reno deck.

patchday

so many yucky decks I'm having to climb over. just got pass my final boss (mill rogue) to cross back to 17. Having to navigate around the threat of Vanish always feels a little awkward.

I should just be content with my rank in Standard but can't resist the allure of Wild RNG burglaring

Pooya

It's weird how critical every card feels in a Reno deck when you would never run a third of the cards in a non Reno deck.

Because Reno decks are pretty much RNG in a way, it's annoying when they draw exactly that one card in just a few turns when like 20 cards are left and that makes you instantly lose. It just feels bad to play against vs a deck that has 2 copies of most things. You expect that to happen then. You just can't afford to play around 1 copy cards when each one screw you in a different way.

Reno itself is not a ok card, a card that just ignores whatever happened in the game to that point is not healthy. Limited heals like healbot were far more healthy for the game, you could play around them, you could still determine what hp range they could be at next turn if worst happens. Reno is just broken designed to counter other broken things in the game. It's just chaotic design, not balance.

I'm just happy that LoE will rotate out soon, people really liked that set when it came out but now I realize how toxic the cards in that set are.

-Entomb
-Sir Finley (this is the worst offender of class balance in the game and how many broken combinations it's made)
-Tunnel Trogg
-Reno
-Dark Peddler

game will be much more balanced without these. All of them are infuriating. Some bad cards in BRM too will go and I find it very unlikely there are that many new bad cards in the new set. Next rotation can be really really good.

Levi

Banned
I know right? I was thinking the samething lol

Btw like your avatar I guess Finja will probably be my next craft at some point

I don't know if I'd craft it, but I'm super happy I pulled it because I find it to be one of the most fun cards in the game at the moment.

I guess I'll take the constant pirate complaints here over the complete and total meltdown /r/hearthstone is having. (the current trend is constant front page posts villifying team 5 and screechy "won't someone think of the new players" begging for handouts nonsense.)

patchday

Beat Hunter (he was running Patches but didnt see that cheap Wild Glaive card) final boss to cross into 16.

More important my Rogue finally has 100 wins!!! yay go me. And to think this Rng burgle rogue I got from reddit /competitiveHS is putting in serious work. The guy said he got to Legend (Standard) with it too

Funny thing though my friend and I were doing the math- for us to ascend into Golden rogue we both need to win at least 3 ranked matches daily to become Gold in 4 months. ouch ;(

Neither of us play this game daily really lol

Because Reno decks are pretty much RNG in a way, it's annoying when they draw exactly that one card in just a few turns when like 20 cards are left and that makes you instantly lose. It just feels bad to play against vs a deck that has 2 copies of most things. You expect that to happen then. You just can't afford to play around 1 copy cards when each one screw you in a different way.

Reno itself is not a ok card, a card that just ignores whatever happened in the game to that point is not healthy. Limited heals like healbot were far more healthy for the game, you could play around them, you could still determine what hp range they could be at next turn if worst happens. Reno is just broken designed to counter other broken things in the game. It's just chaotic design, not balance.

I'm just happy that LoE will rotate out soon, people really liked that set when it came out but now I realize how toxic the cards in that set are.

-Entomb
-Sir Finley (this is the worst offender of class balance in the game and how many broken combinations it's made)
-Tunnel Trogg
-Reno
-Dark Peddler

game will be much more balanced without these. All of them are infuriating. Some bad cards in BRM too will go and I find it very unlikely there are that many new bad cards in the new set. Next rotation can be really really good.

yep Reno is super toxic. I use HDT to make sure they are Singleton but its a bad card for sure. Will miss Tomb pillager though. I just burgled gang up from the mill rouge boss earlier and what do I gang up? Tomb Pillager ofc lmao. That card is so full of win

I don't know if I'd craft it, but I'm super happy I pulled it because I find it to be one of the most fun cards in the game at the moment.

I guess I'll take the constant pirate complaints here over the complete and total meltdown /r/hearthstone is having. (the current trend is constant front page posts villifying team 5 and screechy "won't someone think of the new players" begging for handouts nonsense.)

Yeah I enjoy reading those threads. I do agree Ranked could be a little easier. I want it to stay the same but I wish we couldn't drop rank. Would encourage more experimentation on the ladder and vastly just make it more healthy. Overwatch did it and the OW-gaf thread everyone seems happy af

Levi

Banned
-Entomb
-Tunnel Trogg
-Reno
-Dark Peddler

Every LOE legendary has overstayed its welcome IMO. Finley, Brann, Reno, Elise were fun when they launched but its time to move on.

The amount of value Brann gets in this meta is insane. You shouldn't be able to get two cards from Drakonid OP or Kazakus.

I remember when Finley was coming out and everyone thought it might enable new archetypes like Control Hunter or something. Turns out it was best in helping aggro decks get more consistent.

Elise is an RNG fiesta, and killed the control warrior mirror. (along with Justicar, who I'm also happy to see go despite the use I got of it).

Reno is a roadblock in new strong healing cards being printed. I'd much rather have cards like Healbot then being force to run a singleton deck in order to play control.

patchday

Yeah well I ran out of 'powerful-meta' legendaries to craft from MSoG.

Finja fits into my two golden rules for legendaries which is why he has my interest. The #1 golden rule is he's horrible to steal (does not benefit a Priest). Additionally (#2 rule) he is cheap mana cost

I'll sit tight though and keep opening MSoG packs and see if I pull him out. I should be hitting the pity timer for MSoG.

DSmalls84

Is Reno Priest a good enough deck that I should craft Raza and a Prophet Velen or Chillmaw to go with it? I Already have Kazakus, Patches, Aya Blackpaw, Kun and White Eyes.

Pooya

Which cards currently seeing no constructed play do you think will possibly see play after the next rotation when the card pool is low again?

Paladin cards mostly, when shaman early game goes away there is room to experiment with paladin. Hand buff cards are better than they seem. Their new legendary is just good.

Hunter is similar, they have some good new cards in this set, it's just that pirates are brutal.

When Tomb Pillager rotates out and assuming we don't get anything similar, Xaril could see play.

There will be some nerfs too, hard to say right now. For example, Nourish wasn't going to see any play when we had Ancient of Lore. Newer cards can make old cards better too and make them playable, like Fandral made a lot of cards better.

Levi

Banned
Wow, turns out Hearthstone is really hard to play well when you're jogging on a treadmill. I won two as aggro Warr in wild for quest but then tried to play a slowish Mage deck and my brain broke and I had to just concede.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Paladin cards mostly, when shaman early game goes away there is room to experiment with paladin. Hand buff cards are better than they seem. Their new legendary is just good.

Hunter is similar, they have some good new cards in this set, it's just that pirates are brutal.

When Tomb Pillager rotates out and assuming we don't get anything similar, Xaril could see play.

There will be some nerfs too, hard to say right now. For example, Nourish wasn't going to see any play when we had Ancient of Lore. Newer cards can make old cards better too and make them playable, like Fandral made a lot of cards better.

Pirate warrior is set to dominate far harder after rotation than it does now. Likely no aggro shaman to get in the way this time.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Can't predict the next meta without knowing what cards are going to be released.

But the question involved predicting the next meta.

With current information, pirate warrior loses basically nothing so predicting a deck like paladin or hunter will improve because shaman early game is disappearing becomes fairly wrong because pirate warrior stays at 99% its current strength.

Everything can totally change with the next release, but saying it's impossible to predict isn't a fun response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom