• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

apparently Kabal Chemist doesn't create dragonfire potions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston..._chemist_does_not_generate_dragonfire_potion/

no wonder the card has been so bad lol. Makes you wonder what other RNG effect in this game is bugged and no one knows yet. lol
Yeah I cut the card initially because it was under performing but now I feel like I would have to give it another shot if this was fixed.

This is a pretty major oversight to be honest and it's kinda baffling it took this long to figure out. This isn't exactly an obscure card... it's ALL OVER Arena these days.

bjaelke

Mages aren't even that good in arena anymore.

Whenever I see a lock or priest I start QQing.

People rarely know how to play Priest in arena. Warlock is more forgiving which in my opinion puts it above Priest (and Mage). Rogue a close 4th and Hunter in 5th.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The meta there is super aggro (Rakano Warcry). Actually, the meta in every single card game I play is super aggro right now.

:(

DON'T CRAFT ANYTHING BELOW BLUE RARITY. You get to keep cards from Draft - use it to fill out most of your collection.

Yeah, I don't play much MTG, but it sounds like Smuggler's Copter makes aggro pretty good.

122743_200w.jpg

2 mana 3/3 flying with a card cycle upside seems insane, even if you need to put another minion on it use it. That would be OP even in hearthstone, where everything's stated a little bit higher than MTG.

So it seems like Hearthstones not the only one with aggro problem cards like that.

Jadax

Ok so this is something I've noticed, my main is EU and I started a NA/Asia account for fun about 2 seasons ago. NA and Asia are so much easier than EU, the ladder in EU is brutal. Or am I doing something wrong? On top of that, this season I ranked in Wild EU, early levels Wild is easy - but rank 5 and above Wild is way harder than Standard (which sort of defeated the point of me laddering Wild, I thought it'd be easier).

mage is still the best class in arena. warlock has jumped leaps and bounds, but priest seems inconsistent to me. for every draft i get an LOL deathlord/velens chosen combo off in, you just get wrecked by faster decks in another game. mage is so consistent. even awful players have to straight draft blindfolded to get a sub .500 mage run.

You're probably right, I was just speaking from my experience though. Just seems like mage is still as strong as before, but the new MSoG cards have pushed up priest/warlock to the top tier.

People rarely know how to play Priest in arena. Warlock is more forgiving which in my opinion puts it above Priest (and Mage). Rogue a close 4th and Hunter in 5th.

I guess that's true. To be fair I've done better with priest -> warlock -> the rest, and whenever I come across a priest/warlock chances are very high I'm in for a tough game.

Yeah, I don't play much MTG, but it sounds like Smuggler's Copter makes aggro pretty good.

2 mana 3/3 flying with a card cycle upside seems insane, even if you need to put another minion on it use it. That would be OP even in hearthstone, where everything's stated a little bit higher than MTG.

So it seems like Hearthstones the only one with aggro problem cards like that.
fuck don't remind me man, nothing in HS comes close to making you feel as helpless as turn 2 copter.
MTG has no coin either, standard in magic suck so much right now because there's a couple super pushed cards and totally neutered answers to those cards.

Blizzard

Banned
mage is still the best class in arena. warlock has jumped leaps and bounds, but priest seems inconsistent to me. for every draft i get an LOL deathlord/velens chosen combo off in, you just get wrecked by faster decks in another game. mage is so consistent. even awful players have to straight draft blindfolded to get a sub .500 mage run.
As a brand new player, I have only gotten 1-win and 2-win runs in Arena thus far. I'm even using my eyes when I draft, so I really need to learn how to Mage Arena better. :p

scarlet

https://www.twitch.tv/thijshs is streaming reno mage right now btw

well arcane blast is amazing tho you will have to craft

It's rotated soon. And I only have 800 dust for 1 dirty rat and 1 cabalist tome. Gonna replace it with babling book.

Thijs's deck

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/710578-thijs-new-reno-mage

THIJS New Reno Mage

fertygo

Decklist is easy to found I more thinking about general guidelines, its really close and almost touching fatigue deck playstyle and I never play deck like that.

especially mirror match

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I keep trying to talk myself out of crafting a Doomsayer because it's so expensive, but I'm probably going to need it if I'm going to play control at all

pixelish

i had a very competitive dragon reno priest mirror match until my opponent made a fatal mistake. he played reno but it didn't activate because he entombed my blackwing corruptor earlier which has become a duplicate in his deck lol.

patchday

still running my burgle rogue in Wild. Lol just burgled Tirion & Wickerflame from the secret paladin. I've never been this high in Wild ladder before. hoping to catch up to my Standard ladder rank at least

The card back is so pretty.

Why am I so bad at playing reno mage?

I dont think its a good deck to climb with and I usually main mage. I think Mage key legendaries (like Antonidas) really wants a LOT of burn. And reno mage just doesnt have it. If Rhonin didnt suck I'd run him to get more burn to fuel Antodias to get the burn. But right now Rhonin is begging to be polymorph'ed by Shaman/Mage and entombed by Priest

Very powerful deck tho. I think its more useful at high ranks where they see more Control. But its a rat race going from 15-5 so you'll see an army of aggros and maybe some occasional renolocks to have good long fights against

Asia servers rolled over:

mcLFReS.png

Cardback is pretty nice, and I like Alleycat so I'm pleased to have that.

ah all that bling is so pretty :)

looking forward to getting my rewards and starting a new ladder :D

i had a very competitive dragon reno priest mirror match until my opponent made a fatal mistake. he played reno but it didn't activate because he entombed my blackwing corruptor earlier which has become a duplicate in his deck lol.

lmao thats awesome

scarlet

still running my burgle rogue in Wild. Lol just burgled Tirion & Wickerflame from the secret paladin. I've never been this high in Wild ladder before. hoping to catch up to my Standard ladder rank at least

I dont think its a good deck to climb with and I usually main mage. I think Mage key legendaries (like Antonidas) really wants a LOT of burn. And reno mage just doesnt have it. If Rhonin didnt suck I'd run him to get more burn to fuel Antodias to get the burn. But right now Rhonin is begging to be polymorph'ed by Shaman/Mage and entombed by Priest

Very powerful deck tho. I think its more useful at high ranks where they see more Control. But its a rat race going from 15-5 so you'll see an army of aggros and maybe some occasional renolocks to have good long fights against

ah all that bling is so pretty :)

looking forward to getting my rewards and starting a new ladder :D

lmao thats awesome

And Medivh isn't that good in Reno mage.

So I crafted Leeroy and now I'm playing Reno lock. Which actually fun than Reno mage.

patchday

Yeah renolock is the way to go with the amazing board clears, life tap for card draw, etc. I burgled an Abyssal enforcer from a renolock earlier and cleared the board and proceeded to win

And Jenkins is great in this meta I stuff him in all my decks

------------

Went back to standard ladder to mix things up. made aggro shaman concede by Turn 6 which is a great feeling to accomplish with a rogue

https://hsreplay.net/replay/KXLVFezWZD3EUSxyz97Qyn

did I say I love this meta before? I really do. aggro/fast-deck heaven

patchday

For climbing the ladder from 15-5 tho? I thought that class was only good for rank 5 -> Legend

Every streamer I watch climb this month went aggro to climb. Then once they got to Legend they switched to other decks. But maybe streamers are a fringe case- they usually want to hit Legend fast and then switch to more flashy decks

I watched Thijs play with Reno mage and his mirror matches took forever+++ way past turn 10

(actually it went to fatigue I personally dont want to do that when trying to climb)

Arjen

Ive had the same problem in a mirror match where my oppenent played eviscerated evil while mine was still in my deck. Which made raza kazakus and reno unplayable. I was not amused.

Cat Party

Mages aren't even that good in arena anymore.

Whenever I see a lock or priest I start QQing.

Mage is still #1 but yeah, Warlock is right up there now, too. Abyssal Enforcer is the new MVP.

For climbing the ladder from 15-5 tho? I thought that class was only good for rank 5 -> Legend

Every streamer I watch climb this month went aggro to climb. Then once they got to Legend they switched to other decks. But maybe streamers are a fringe case- they usually want to hit Legend fast and then switch to more flashy decks

I watched Thijs play with Reno mage and his mirror matches took forever+++ way past turn 10

(actually it went to fatigue I personally dont want to do that when trying to climb)

Climb 25->5 with whatever you want. Almost anything decent can work well.

Dahbomb

Reynad clears up some misconceptions about Tempostorm Metasnapshot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXUVGp36OxU

Also basically talks about Vicious Syndicate as well. Says that raw objective data isn't always correct as it was in the case of Grim Patron decks and the current Renolock. Although I don't think VS bases their tier lists solely on percentages, it's more nuanced than that.

Also basically talks about Vicious Syndicate as well. Says that raw objective data isn't always correct as it was in the case of Grim Patron decks and the current Renolock. Although I don't think VS bases their tier lists solely on percentages, it's more nuanced than that.

Been watching this for about 25 minutes.

edit:
I think he makes a lot of valid points. I remember that time he didn't have secret paladin at the top, and I remember thinking that the deck wasn't that strong atm. But it was basically an auto-pilot deck so the stats would be skewed. We've even talked about renolock getting poorly represented on VS because it is a difficult deck to pilot.

One time I said X deck is no way tier 4. I think it was a jade druid deck. I was told the win rate of the deck was like 45% and that was tier 4 and I can't argue with facts. That was their entire argument... lol. I think blind reliance on vs "data" is just the worst. They don't even show % range of error which could be fairly large like 5% which is basically the difference between a tier 1 and a tier 4 deck.

I've been glancing at both reports to get an idea of what is good and what isn't lately. It really doesn't drive much of my decision making though.

patchday

So it seems like Hearthstones not the only one with aggro problem cards like that.

I found this was an interesting topic I forgot to chime in on. Yeah I see some complaints Faeria (at least in Pandora) has a lot of aggro/rush happening. I remember reading Duelyst was the same case

Don't have any first hand experience myself though since only ccg I play is Hearthstone. I do logon to Shadowverse to collect their daily login awards but I never play it. I just like getting free stuff I guess. I do want to complete the single player campaign sometime tho. I am a sucker for ccg SP campaigns

Levi

Banned

He has a clear and transparent reason to shit on VSS. He should focus on improving his content (the typos and errors in the meta snapshot are embarrassing and amateur) and let the quality of each report speak for itself.

I found this was an interesting topic I forgot to chime in on. Yeah I see some complaints Faeria (at least in Pandora) has a lot of aggro/rush happening. I remember reading Duelyst was the same case

Don't have any first hand experience myself though since only ccg I play is Hearthstone. I do logon to Shadowverse to collect their daily login awards but I never play it. I just like getting free stuff I guess. I do want to complete the single player campaign sometime tho. I am a sucker for ccg SP campaigns

The only CCG campaign I've really enjoyed was a MTG that is really old and I don't remember the name. Shadowverse is at best a lengthy tutorial.

I think it's magic the gathering (1997)

maxresdefault.jpg

635032486409379007.jpg

Magic_-_The_Gathering_-_W32_-_Duel.png

He has a clear and transparent reason to shit on VSS. He should focus on improving his content (the typos and errors in the meta snapshot are embarrassing and amateur) and let the quality of each report speak for itself.

He didn't actually talk shit on VS...

Dahbomb

Win percentages, player overall skill and understanding changes over time.

We have an imperfect system of gathering stats but that's all we have. Reynad is claiming they have something better on the way but until that happens we kinda have to rely on stuff like VS for the stats.

There's a clear agenda here but he has some good reasons here. The Secret Paladin example was the first example I could think of before he even brought it up where VS got it wrong. And he's also right that if Grim Patron was a thing today then it's win rates would be much lower than the deck's actual power level (except at Legend rank which is what Reynad failed to mention).

But there have been many times where VS got it very right and Tempostorm had it wrong. Secret Hunter was something that VS was tracking for a while until it finally became a real deck and they had predicted it to be a meta deck sooner or later whereas it wasn't on Tempostorm's radar until after VS published the reports.

And VS also has pro players like Hotmeowth working on the tier lists and reports. It's not entirely stats based and they don't really make definitive meta calls until they feel like their stats line up with what their pros are thinking.

Competition brings out better product for us all so hopefully Tempostorm does put out even better stuff and VS does the same.

Kind of love when you encounter wierd decks.

Just played some wierd potion inner fire priest

And some wierd rogue deck.

Love to know what people were thinking

patchday

The only CCG campaign I've really enjoyed was a MTG that is really old and I don't remember the name. Shadowverse is at best a lengthy tutorial.

I think it's magic the gathering (1997)

Wow that does look like an interesting SP campaign!

I forgot I did buy Yugioh Legacy of the Duelyst since I'm a fan of the original anime. Trying to wrap my head around all the mechanics.

I enjoyed Eternal's intro SP campaign even tho the story didn't make any sense too me whatsoever. And the mechanics blew my socks off even though I had seen them before in MtG

Kind of love when you encounter wierd decks.

Just played some wierd potion inner fire priest

And some wierd rogue deck.

Love to know what people were thinking

I got dumpstered by a Warlock earlier this morning. I thought he was a renolock. Turned out he was some sorta demon master deck (aggro- no reno). totally ran me over. was a fun match even tho I lost

edit- this was his build. Running 2 MC Tech is a bit overkill tho no? I guess I conceded around turn 7. Just more curious to this build:

I pinged his Imp Gang Boss (which was buffed by Bloodfury potion) but mistakenly let it spawn 2 imps. He buffed the imps with Crystalweaver. I think he was the lock that had sylvannas that got lost by the Soulfire

patchday

I hope rogue become worse than pre msg priest.
Broken shit is broken, i rather have shitty palladin over secret palladin.

or maybe you should watch your replay and figure what you are doing wrong. just sayin'

(or post your replay so we can look)

begging the devs for nerfs probably wont help lmao

Q8D3vil

or maybe you should watch your replay and figure what you are doing wrong. just sayin'

(or post your replay so we can look)

begging the devs for nerfs probably wont help lmao
What class can realistically deal with questing conceal into 8/8 cleef (plus 10/6 questing) turn 4.
Shit is broken as fuck, on top of that my taunt was sapped.

I switched to rogue now and im farming control decks with early questing and vancleefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom