• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
finally back playing. Loving arena. Just ran up against someone who got reno in the draft. Didn't help them though.

Levi

Banned
But the question involved predicting the next meta.

With current information, pirate warrior loses basically nothing so predicting a deck like paladin or hunter will improve because shaman early game is disappearing becomes fairly wrong because pirate warrior stays at 99% its current strength.

Everything can totally change with the next release, but saying it's impossible to predict isn't a fun response.

Yeah, you're right. Didn't think about the context; just saw more pirate talk and got triggered, lol.

I don't think pirates are going to be a big deal next meta. Either they'll get nerfed or the new cards will make that package significantly less popular.

But the question involved predicting the next meta.

With current information, pirate warrior loses basically nothing so predicting a deck like paladin or hunter will improve because shaman early game is disappearing becomes fairly wrong because pirate warrior stays at 99% its current strength.

Everything can totally change with the next release, but saying it's impossible to predict isn't a fun response.

I think the biggest change will be tunnel trogg and totem golem rotating out. I think the high health of these early game minions are much harder to tech against than pirate warrior is.

If reno decks are significantly worse, it could also be easier to counter aggro decks and reno decks at the same time. Maybe paladin gets a bit better because of that.

And yeah, it's hard to predict how things could change because of new cards. I think that is pretty obvious.

I think patches remains strong if not nerfed.

jgminto

I think there will need to be a Healbot tier neutral heal to stop the pirate onslaught, especially with the loss of Reno and Refreshment Vendor.

Levi

Banned
I think there will need to be a Healbot tier neutral heal to stop the pirate onslaught, especially with the loss of Reno and Refreshment Vendor.

I can tell you with very high confidence that we'll never see a neutral heal that strong again. Heals are either going to stuff like Mistress of Mixtures/Refreshment Vendor or they are going to be class cards. Team 5 seems very committed to making the classes feel different and part of that is not giving certain classes effective heals.

Are you sure? Most of what I've seen has been very negative towards good neutral heals.

They've been negative towards giving rogue heals.

In one interview they were asked if they might bring back cards into standard. Sludge belcher was mentioned as a definite no and healbot was said as a possibility. Nothing definitive of course.

Levi

Banned
Are you sure? Most of what I've seen has been very negative towards good neutral heals.

If I am recalling correctly, part of the Rogue shitstorm pre-MSG resulted in someone from Team 5 saying that Rogue doesn't get good heals or effective board clears as part of its class identity. If that's correct, it'd be very strange to say that and then print an effective neutral heal that Rogues would have access to.

I also feel that Team 5 is currently trying to design neutral cards in such a way that they don't end up as a default inclusion in lots of different types of decks, which a neutral heal would end up being.

They don't want to end up with another Piloted Shredder or Azure Drake.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
They've been negative towards giving rogue heals.

In one interview they were asked if they might bring back cards into standard. Sludge belcher was mentioned as a definite no and healbot was said as a possibility. Nothing definitive of course.

But anything neutral is giving rogue heals.

I also feel that Team 5 is currently trying to design neutral cards in such a way that they don't end up as a default inclusion in lots of different types of decks, which a neutral heal would end up being.

They don't want to end up with another Piloted Shredder or Azure Drake.

Or patches. Wait crap!

Levi

Banned
Or patches. Wait crap!

Patches is only heavily played in three classes (and all three of those classes have good early game weapons that enable Small Time Bucaneer--it's almost like it's STB that's the problem and not Patches at all!)

Anyway, I found the citation where they say Rogues are only ever getting "weak" life-gain and aoe:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2024-dean-ayala-iksarhs-discusses-arena-and-rogues

So when I say we'll never see a neutral heal as good as Healbot again, this is why. I want to see a strong heal printed for Warlock so I can play control lock without having to make a highlander deck. That's my number one wish for the next expansion -- control lock without having to run a Reno deck.

Versus Pirate Warrior.

I have 7 HP, he has one swing left with a 6 damage Arcanite Reaper, but no board and no hand.

He emotes, swings, then plays Southsea Deckhand. "That was an error."

I play Drake and draw Mirror Images. Next turn he plays For the Warchief, then I draw Roaring Torch for exact lethal (with Fireball, Drake, and ping).

"Thank you."

Versus Pirate Warrior.

I have 7 HP, he has one swing left with a 6 damage Arcanite Reaper, but no board and no hand.

He emotes, swings, then plays Southsea Deckhand. "That was an error."

I play Drake and draw Mirror Images. Next turn he plays For the Warchief, then I draw Roaring Torch for exact lethal (with Fireball, Drake, and ping).

"Thank you."

UrCZp6N.gif

What's the difference?

I don't see the point you're making. If they did not want to give rogue any heal options at all they wouldn't have cards like ERF, healbot, or cult apothecary in the neutral set.

Class cards are often, although perhaps not always, stronger than similar neutral options. That is the difference.

patchday

Is Reno Priest a good enough deck that I should craft Raza and a Prophet Velen or Chillmaw to go with it? I Already have Kazakus, Patches, Aya Blackpaw, Kun and White Eyes.

I find it funny (or sad) no one replies to this. I guess its painful for someone to advise you to craft a singleton deck card cause we all know that its heavily RNG dependent. I have raza and ran him like 2-3 times... He doesnt feel so powerful to require such a harsh restriction (just like Solia) where you have go gimp and be Singleton deck

just my take on it I'd prefer for a real priest to reply to you. I really dont like Priest they seem nothing half as cool as Shadow priests were in World of Warcraft (at least in vanilla). Shadow Priests were heavily offensive. Priests in this game is like a thief or something. Sorry this not what you asked for lol plz someone help this guy

edit- now Kazakus on the other hand is worth going gimp for :) I pulled Raza from a pack its only reason I've used him. I always dust my Priest legendaries cause I always felt it was a bad class since day 1 I started

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't see the point you're making. If they did not want to give rogue any heal options at all they wouldn't have cards like ERF, healbot, or cult apothecary in the neutral set.

Class cards are often, although perhaps not always, stronger than similar neutral options. That is the difference.

I think they believe healbot was a mistake.

If they don't want rogue to have good heals then they can't make good neutral heals.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I missed the last 2 expansions and now I'm trying to catch up to play standard. Bought the last adventure and 50 packs with amazon coins( had a gift card).

My packs were mediocre. I do have a ton of dust from legendary dupes I've been holding on to.

DSmalls84

I find it funny (or sad) no one replies to this. I guess its painful for someone to advise you to craft a singleton deck card cause we all know that its heavily RNG dependent. I have raza and ran him like 2-3 times... He doesnt feel so powerful to require such a harsh restriction (just like Solia) where you have go gimp and be Singleton deck

just my take on it I'd prefer for a real priest to reply to you. I really dont like Priest they seem nothing half as cool as Shadow priests were in World of Warcraft (at least in vanilla). Shadow Priests were heavily
offensive. Priests in this game is like a thief or something. Sorry this not what you asked for lol plz someone help this guy

edit- now Kazakus on the other hand is worth going gimp for :) I pulled Raza from a pack its only reason I've used him. I always dust my Priest legendaries
cause I always felt it was a bad class since day 1 I started

I'll take the silence as It's not worth crafting or no one is playing that deck lol. Guess I will save my dust and stick with Dragon Priest for now. I probably wouldn't feel great crafting a niche legendary like Chillmaw when it is about to rotate anyway.

I think they believe healbot was a mistake.

If they don't want rogue to have good heals then they can't make good neutral heals.

If there was a problem with healbot it is because it exceeded the *class* health options of the time. Healbot is actually pretty average now. It was all the rage for a while in gvg but a lot less since then.

edit:
I meant the *class* health options if that wasn't apparent.

edit2:
I think warlock is a bigger reason they might not print a new healbot, because they leverage high amounts of healing much more than rogue does.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'll take the silence as It's not worth crafting or no one is playing that deck lol. Guess I will save my dust and stick with Dragon Priest for now. I probably wouldn't feel great crafting a niche legendary like Chillmaw when it is about to rotate anyway.

For Reno Priest you definitely want to craft Raza, but I wouldn't necessarily bother with Velen.

Perhaps consider Ysera as your big dragon instead of Chillmaw.

That said, I don't have the dragons to run dragon Reno, so take that with a grain of salt.

Arjen

Raza helped me out a bunch of time in my reno dragon priest. If you can play in on curve its a pretty amazing card. Im running nefarian and chillmaw in that deck, wondering if i should cut one and craft ysera instead.

pixelish

i'm running a reno dragon priest and raza is an essential card in the reno priest deck. the extra 2 mana you save is so beneficial in the long run. i also don't have chillmaw as like you said, it's going to be out of rotation but it would be a nice addition to the deck considering it's a dragon and has taunt.

Best win of the night:

.eJwNzMkNwyAQAMBe-Bt2uXxUkH8KQAivwJINFmxeUXqPp4D5ik8_xSYK8z02pfZjpNZ3Obj1mEnm1vJJ8T6GTO1SkTmmclHlodAjutkCgEO3wKoXpb11fkFj3eqtnh_qRbFzebpK4Z06UR2lcUA9GZjQBw3SzBJA3jWL3x83oyyf.yc04YY2yjhmRrp5AHOkgJTo_VZ8

Mage played brann + kazakus the turn after I played beneath the grounds.

Also, it was a great feeling after he got Pavel babbling book RNG to get him a vaporize to eat my 10/10 van cleef he had no answer for.

patchday

For Reno Priest you definitely want to craft Raza, but I wouldn't necessarily bother with Velen.

Perhaps consider Ysera as your big dragon instead of Chillmaw.

That said, I don't have the dragons to run dragon Reno, so take that with a grain of salt.

Raza helped me out a bunch of time in my reno dragon priest. If you can play in on curve its a pretty amazing card. Im running nefarian and chillmaw in that deck, wondering if i should cut one and craft ysera instead.

i'm running a reno dragon priest and raza is an essential card in the reno priest deck. the extra 2 mana you save is so beneficial in the long run. i also don't have chillmaw as like you said, it's going to be out of rotation but it would be a nice addition to the deck considering it's a dragon and has taunt.

Awesome glad he got some advice from some real priests :)

Best win of the night:

Mage played brann + kazakus the turn after I played beneath the grounds.

Also, it was a great feeling after he got Pavel babbling book RNG to get him a vaporize to eat my 10/10 van cleef he had no answer for.

good job!!!

manhack

Here is a pirate deck and a beast/taunt Druid deck I threw together on Asia. I'm F2P there, but have a ton of Warrior cards because I've focused on Warrior, Shaman, and Warlock since they were so strong for F2P decks the past year. I don't have any cards from LoE or Blackrock Mountain!

I made this because I had all the pirate since Pre-patches pirate warrior was my go to questing deck.

Somehow I've made it to rank 7 just knocking out quests this month. Maybe some hope to other F2P folks that you can still grind with some wacky decks.

squidyj

I don't have a big problem with symmetric heals. A symmetric healbot would be aok with me.

said every control player ever.

Us too! chimed in most of the combo players, or what was left of them

Game is 3 years old, its not hard to rack up 500 ranked wins in that time. They aren't a sign of skill, they are a sign of play time.

I also wish there was a way to turn them off.

500 win tracking isn't though :(

scarlet

Rogue non stop BM-ing me for having Leeroy and 10/10 Van cleef on board.

Sadly I had dragonfire potion, entomb, SWD and my DO is on board. He was around 18 and I was 12.

So I take my time, pretending he had lethal and I started BM-ing after I cleared his board! The satisfaction of revenge.

I'm gonna try climb ladder harder for 2017 and playing casual less.

I beat #44 in Wild today. Felt damn good. I saw he was playing a N'Zoth Shaman deck, so I saved up Brann for the double Kazakus 10-mana potions. I got the "Sheep all, 6-damage to all" potion I was looking for, and that killed his win condition.

Eternal beta is on mobile. Gonna try.

The meta there is super aggro (Rakano Warcry). Actually, the meta in every single card game I play is super aggro right now.

:(

DON'T CRAFT ANYTHING BELOW BLUE RARITY. You get to keep cards from Draft - use it to fill out most of your collection.

scarlet

The meta there is super aggro (Rakano Warcry). Actually, the meta in every single card game I play is super aggro right now.

:(

DON'T CRAFT ANYTHING BELOW BLUE RARITY. You get to keep cards from Draft - use it to fill out most of your collection.

Thank you for the infos.

Why everything is so small tho? I'm on S7 and barely can read the tiny font.

Looks like only Android right now.

Yup. I'm on Android.

I've got no problems reading eternal text on my s6, but I also largely just play in gauntlet. This way I can do other things, usually watch a tv show on netflix, and not worry about taking my turn within the turn timer.

good that ladder is about to be over, falling quickly playing Reno. I must say though the games were you don't just draw Reno on curve are way more thrilling and fair for that matter.

i took my coworkers egg druid into wild (he has the adventures but not a lot of other cards) and ran into a golden hunter at rank 25 in wild. destroyed him but still made me o_o, i see why he's so scared of ranked sometimes lol. it's a lot of fun helping him build viable decks and teaching him the game though. imo his best decks are dragon priest (adventures build most of this and the other cards aren't expensive), wild egg druid (naxx has some cray cray tools for it), he loves resurrect priest and beast druid (beast is basically built by adventures, resurrect he suffers from no paletress but he has sylvanas and ragnaros)

Mages aren't even that good in arena anymore.

Whenever I see a lock or priest I start QQing.

mage is still the best class in arena. warlock has jumped leaps and bounds, but priest seems inconsistent to me. for every draft i get an LOL deathlord/velens chosen combo off in, you just get wrecked by faster decks in another game. mage is so consistent. even awful players have to straight draft blindfolded to get a sub .500 mage run.

17 wins away from golden Warrior and I just have no motivation to do it. Supposedly control Warrior isn't even all that bad but I kind of don't like where Warrior is at right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom