• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

What class can realistically deal with questing conceal into 8/8 cleef (plus 10/6 questing) turn 4.
Shit is broken as fuck, on top of that my taunt was sapped.

I switched to rogue now and im farming control decks with early questing and vancleefs.

Ah the Questing Adventuring Rogue. That deck is quite nasty. would take early removals to get rid of QA or silence (which no one really runs).

Sounds like Casie's QA build too where they run 2 QA, 2 Conceal, and 2 Cold Bloods. really nasty if they get all the cards together

(edit its a great idea to switch to the deck, if you encounter some decks that stop you then apply their strategies)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Reynad clears up some misconceptions about Tempostorm Metasnapshot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXUVGp36OxU

Also basically talks about Vicious Syndicate as well. Says that raw objective data isn't always correct as it was in the case of Grim Patron decks and the current Renolock. Although I don't think VS bases their tier lists solely on percentages, it's more nuanced than that.

Reynad is pretty rambly and not always super coherent here. One moment he's saying VS puts out a decent report and the next moment he's mocking them by writing percentages on a piece of paper with crayon.

squidyj

lol last 3 cards in my deck are n'zoth aya white eyes, in that order, i draw n'zoth and next turn my opponent thoughtsteals my aya and white eyes.

I honestly have no idea how Rogue anything is "broken". Sure, it is good with Patches, but that's a Patches issue, not a Rogue issue. There are so many ways to counter Conceal.

Reynad is pretty rambly and not always super coherent here. One moment he's saying VS puts out a decent report and the next moment he's mocking them by writing percentages on a piece of paper with crayon.

He said the text of the reports is good, the numbers are not reliable.

I think he was mocking redditors who rely on the "data" that is not accurately collected.

Dahbomb

I honestly have no idea how Rogue anything is "broken". Sure, it is good with Patches, but that's a Patches issue, not a Rogue issue. There are so many ways to counter Conceal.
Preparation plus Counterfeit Coins plus Tomb Pillager coin plus Gadgetan plus PPP means stupid early game transition into massive tempo plays and draws later on.

I don't know about broken and certainly PPP is contributing heavily to it but Rogue is very threatening right now. They can nut draw and beat any deck in the game.

It's not just about Conceal although they can make certain plays with Conceal that are hard to deal with.

But this "nerf to ground" sentiment is hyperbole. I don't know why anyone wishes something be nerfed to uselessness, it's overall bad for the game.

KuroNeeko

Reno Lock Dirty Ratted my Reno on turn 2 and emoted Thank You.

I used the turn two 4/6 to smash his face in.

The only CCG campaign I've really enjoyed was a MTG that is really old and I don't remember the name. Shadowverse is at best a lengthy tutorial.

That's MTG: Shandalar. The GOAT. I've probably played more of that game (and Master of Magic) than anything else in my life.

Any good reno mage guide? I think I want to learn it for next month climb

Did you see any good Reno Priest lists during your climb? I've been trying to make a non-dragon list (or even dragon list) work but it loses to Dragon Priest, Reno Lock, Rogue, and Jade everything lol.

Miletius

And rank 5 done. Last day of the season so I waited until the last minute.

Any of ya'll putting HS (any expansion) on your GAF GOTY? I think I'm gonna throw it in there somewhere. I mean, despite all it's ups and downs I think I played HS the most this year. It deserves a mention.

And rank 5 done. Last day of the season so I waited until the last minute.

Any of ya'll putting HS (any expansion) on your GAF GOTY? I think I'm gonna throw it in there somewhere. I mean, despite all it's ups and downs I think I played HS the most this year. It deserves a mention.

i played it by far more than everything despite having all the platforms lol, admittedly lots of games were played at work or on the shitter so that helps

scarlet

I'm really impatient when it's my turn. I just wanted to do it fast. And it cost me my match.

Syl was on board and he had brann, lightlord and 1 other minion. Could've stole his lightlord. I forgot that I had blastcrystal.

Instead of using blastcrystal on brann and trade syl into his 6/5. I just trade it off and not using blastcrystal.

So stupid.

patchday

@Miletius, grats!

yeah MSoG expansion is my goty. However, I started in WoTG. What attracted me to HS was partly due to hS-gaf. Was having a miserable time with LoL at the time. I took a gander at this thread and noticed everyone was all happy opening up their loot boxes (at least I thought everyone was happy lol).

sigh, those was such good times. sure I couldn't get past rank 19 til my neighbor told me to just go zoolock but I was still having a lot of fun

budget rogue is such an awful thing. No prep. dont even think I had any drakes lmao. And I refused to open my wallet til I decided to try Hunter/CoTW. So I needed LoE for the toads

[edit] The free WoTG loot boxes was a big help when I started. I remember putting cthun in everything and then my next legendary was Oathspark. And he was the 1st legendary I dusted

budget rogue is such an awful thing. No prep. dont even think I had any drakes lmao. And I refused to open my wallet til I decided to try Hunter/CoTW. So I needed LoE for the toads

i literally have 48 legendaries and have never pulled a single prep, ever. only have 7 ranked rogue wins because of it, 2400 dust for edwin to make a viable class just hasn't been worth it to me at any point yet.

i literally have 48 legendaries and have never pulled a single prep, ever. only have 7 ranked rogue wins because of it, 2400 dust for edwin to make a viable class just hasn't been worth it to me at any point yet.

Rogue is a ton of fun. It's worth it. You can skip van cleef even though you'll be doing yourself a disservice. Rogue got by without van cleef pre-standard for a long time due to silence and somewhat BGH as well.

patchday

Shaku is pretty good. I dont know if hes worth crafting but I do try to stuff him into all my rogue builds [edit] What I mean by 'good' he's okay. Not consistent enough to be super good or broken

If you're strong with RNG and let it flow through you- then he's a winner

Shaku defies all theorycraft and reason. He just loots random stuff that just might help you win (like when I looted Tirion earlier)

And yeah Lifecoach and SuperJJ where going crazy over Shaku earlier it warmed my heart

You think that's crazy? To this day I have not pulled a second Mana Wyrm. Dead fucking serious. It felt so bad when I crafted it. But I always keep a lookout to see if I get one when I open classic packs. Still haven't.

I also finally pulled Pyro Blast, 2 in fact.

HNY from EU
e6PvYv4.png

meh, just opened Goewhowl in a quest pack though.

I just spent over 3k dust on Kazakus, Dirty Rat, faceless shambler and manipulator as well as twisting nether. With this month's rewards I still need 1k more dust to craft Jaraxxus.

Played a 33 min control match earlier. So much fun.

I really need to start playing on pc, so I can post replays.

I was C'thun Warrior vs a Renolock. I think he made 3 crucial mistakes that pretty much got me the win. He played Dirty Rat too early (possibly assuming I was Pirate Warrior) and pulled Ancient Shieldbearer, which hurt me a little too, but I was able to smack him a couple of times before he used shadow bolt.
Then he wasted (I'm my opinion) his power overwhelming to clear my second Crazed Worshipper. And then he used his faceless manipulator to copy Emperor....I was like wtf...why? After that I was sure I won since he had no way to do any real damage. Went to fatigue while I still had Brann and Doomcaller. It was over.

scarlet

Played a 33 min control match earlier. So much fun.

I really need to start playing on pc, so I can post replays.

I was C'thun Warrior vs a Renolock. I think he made 3 crucial mistakes that pretty much got me the win. He played Dirty Rat too early (possibly assuming I was Pirate Warrior) and pulled Ancient Shieldbearer, which hurt me a little too, but I was able to smack him a couple of times before he used shadow bolt.
Then he wasted (I'm my opinion) his power overwhelming to clear my second Crazed Worshipper. And then he used his faceless manipulator to copy Emperor....I was like wtf...why? After that I was sure I won since he had no way to do any real damage. Went to fatigue while I still had Brann and Doomcaller. It was over.

You can use screen recorder on your phone and upload it on YouTube :D

patchday

Happy new Year Gaf (it's 2017 in my time zone now!)

Watching Trump debate should he keep playing ranked tonight. Had no idea Blizzcon rules worked like this. Very educational actually

HNY from EU
meh, just opened Goewhowl in a quest pack though.

I just spent over 3k dust on Kazakus, Dirty Rat, faceless shambler and manipulator as well as twisting nether. With this month's rewards I still need 1k more dust to craft Jaraxxus.

nice :)

no plans what to do with my dust. I am starting to feel like I have everything. guess its to be expected for preordering 50 packs + hoarding gold like a mad man + the blizzard goof up that gave me a plethora more packs

[edit] I've actually been crafting Wild cards but the ones I wanted were common & blues so very cheap

Blizzard

Banned
As a brand new player who started playing a couple days ago, I hit rank 20 just in time before the season end. Hooray!

Is there some exploit people use to avoid losing though? I was playing on my phone, had minions set up to deal the fatal blow on the next turn, and the opponent hovered a card into the center of the board. It started very slowly moving around, and I could see the opponent examining their cards, but the timer never ran out even after 30 minutes or so. I left my phone running for a long time, and eventually it disconnected me and (I assume) gave the other person the win.

Happy new Year Gaf (it's 2017 in my time zone now!)

Watching Trump debate should he keep playing ranked tonight. Had no idea Blizzcon rules worked like this. Very educational actually

nice :)

no plans what to do with my dust. I am starting to feel like I have everything. guess its to be expected for preordering 50 packs + hoarding gold like a mad man + the blizzard goof up that gave me a plethora more packs

[edit] I've actually been crafting Wild cards but the ones I wanted were common & blues so very cheap
Yeah I was gonna suggest wild cards. Get that Doctor Boom.

Otherwise are there any decks you're interested in. I just recently crafted a ton of stuff just so I could start playing other decks to try to get more golden heroes. My goal right now is to eventually get all the golden portraits.

Currently rotating between Shaman, Warrior, and Warlock. Only like 60 wins away for Warrior.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So apparently, for the past couple of days, YouTube decided to push my "Pros Were Wrong about Old Gods" video onto people's home page recommendations. I have no idea why, but the push was big enough that the video now has over half a million views on it.

That's really good engagement for a Hearthstone video. Kind of surprised the video took off as well as it did.

patchday

So apparently, for the past couple of days, YouTube decided to push my "Pros Were Wrong about Old Gods" video onto people's home page recommendations. I have no idea why, but the push was big enough that the video now has over half a million views on it.

That's really good engagement for a Hearthstone video. Kind of surprised the video took off as well as it did.

cool!

Yeah I was gonna suggest wild cards. Get that Doctor Boom.

Otherwise are there any decks you're interested in. I just recently crafted a ton of stuff just so I could start playing other decks to try to get more golden heroes. My goal right now is to eventually get all the golden portraits.

Currently rotating between Shaman, Warrior, and Warlock. Only like 60 wins away for Warrior.

Well I am thinking meta might get shaken up in a few months so going to sit on the bulk of my dust. Although its hard to imagine someone might discover some secret sauce to one of the non-meta MSoG legendaries at this point. most seem so straight forward and pre-nerfed

Weird, I could still do emotes and internet was working so I didn't know.

It's a desync issue. Pretty rare nowadays since they've been squashing the bugs that cause that for a long time now. The game actually has more than 1 connection, one connection is to the match and another covers emotes (and prob other stuff). So you could DC from the match and still see your opponent emote because it's handled by a different connection.

Incredible lost to a yogg mage after I reno'd for 17, armored up for 20, healed for 7 more, dirty rat'd his Yogg, which immediately died to an armor potion and Twisting Nether'd his Antonidas which only gave him 1 fireball.

I had lethal if he hadn't gotten the freeze potion from cabal tome to freeze my sylvanas and he got brawl from a spellslinger before that. All his burn just went straight to the face and I wasn't even tapping.

I'd be really pissed if that wasn't at rank 15 and kind of amazing.

Blizzard

Banned
I almost had a heart attack when I finished a rank match at rank 20 and saw myself ranked 23 instead. Silent season reset! Fortunately logging back in gave me the new card back.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Rank 5. Awful.

I think greater arcane missles has one of the biggest potential upsides of getting better with new sets, since it combos so well with spell power. Even now you can win games with it in reno mage if you also have spell power cards.

I also think the gold animation for that one is pretty cool, but yeah, wouldn't blame you for dusting it.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
the fuck am i playing?

priest
priest
hunter
priest

Wow, you found someone playing Hunter? That's amazing.

It's litterally been 56 games since I've seen a Paladin or Hunter.

EDIT: 56 games ago also happened to be the last time I switched decks from renolock to N'Zoth Jade Shaman. Makes me wonder about those conspiracies about blizzard taking your deck type into account for matching.

bjaelke

onto tempo mage?

this shaman runs bloodlust and fire elemental?

One of the many side effects of the ladder system. Season reset brings us all back together. I had the pleasure of queueing up against what I believe was a Reno Druid earlier today.

Blizzard

Banned
Sword of Justice question -- it says that when you summon a minion, they get +1/+1 and the weapon loses 1 durability.

I thought normally effects with "when you summon" trigger only on a side-effect summon, like a jade golem being summoned. However, Sword of Justice is triggering when the person plays any minion from their hand. Is this different?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sword of Justice question -- it says that when you summon a minion, they get +1/+1 and the weapon loses 1 durability.

I thought normally effects with "when you summon" trigger only on a side-effect summon, like a jade golem being summoned. However, Sword of Justice is triggering when the person plays any minion from their hand. Is this different?

Summon is basically a catch-all for anything that puts a minion into play. That can be creating tokens from something like Violet Teacher or playing from hand.

Also see something like Knife Juggler.

Blizzard

Banned
Summon is basically a catch-all for anything that puts a minion into play. That can be creating tokens from something like Violet Teacher or playing from hand.

Also see something like Knife Juggler.
Thanks. I thought I tried to trigger a "summon" effect by playing a minion from my hand once but nothing happened. I was probably mistaken.

patchday

huh I'd play a Golden Shadow rager in my goofy stealth rogue deck :)

Yeah I got some decent bling. cant remember what they were tho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom