• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
So far today (at rank 17 after the reset) I've faced two Jade Druids and two Pirate Warriors.

3-1. (Only lost to a frothing I couldn't answer).

3d1919b57ac24526299dd3d932a48d09.png

DSmalls84

What are some good sites for Wild meta Info? I was thinking of crafting some Wild cards since I didn't start playing until Old Gods. Seems like I mostly need Dr. Boom and Loatheb from what I gather.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What are some good sites for Wild meta Info? I was thinking of crafting some Wild cards since I didn't start playing until Old Gods. Seems like I mostly need Dr. Boom and Loatheb from what I gather.

Just play wild and find out the meta for yourself.

It's a smaller group of players so the meta is more readily apparent.

Before rank 5 it's mostly no meta and just lots of random decks. After 5 it's lots of pirate warriors with ship cannon, standard aggro shaman, secret paladins and renolocks. But at higher ranks you face repeat opponents a lot so counter picking can be more viable.

Levi

Banned

There's a subreddit for it, but I can't vouch for the quality of the community:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wildhearthstone/

Tempo Storm has an out of date Wild snapshot that might help a bit.

I can tell you from personal experience that a solidly built standard deck will roll over the lower ranks of wild, where people are playing decks they made to finish a quest or are trying some super greedy homebrew.

I would just play with your best standard deck, and learn the meta for yourself because the kind of indepth meta reporting you want just doesn't exist.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Double post, but anyone who saw Reynad's bullshit "my meta report is great and the competition's is terrible" video should read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/5lfviq/vicious_syndicate_responds_to_reynads/

Reynad get smacked down by numbers and science? I like it.

I like to think most people agree with me that VS' reports are much better than anything tempostorm produces, but the meta snapshots remain very popular.

In any case, I'll always take data over opinion. VS has data and Tempostorm is opinion.

Levi

Banned
Reynad get smacked down by numbers and science? I like it.

I like to think most people agree with me that VS' reports are much better than anything tempostorm produces, but the meta snapshots remain very popular.

In any case, I'll always take data over opinion. VS has data and Tempostorm is opinion.

Both are valuable.

However, Reynad doesn't have a leg to stand on. The Meta Snapshot is the definition of low-effort: full of typos, omissions and inaccuracies. Instead of slinging mud on YouTube demanding his product is respected, he should focus on putting out a product worthy of respect.

patchday

reynad always been way too salty and disgruntled for me. He needs to move on to another game (but he can't- cause his fanbase is here). At least he's honest tho? I don't have a strong dislike for the guy. If nothing else is on twitch I would watch him

edit- Actually I respect Reckless. He moved on to LoL for a change of pace he seemed genuinely happy and his loyal fanbase followed him I think.

--------------------------------------

Alright my haul for ranked rewards (standard rank 10, wild rank 13):
gold shady dealer
gold buccaneer
gold Kabal Lackey
5 dust

I was really tempted to shoot for rank 5 Standard but Steam Winter Sale and FFXV just made that possibility null. So parked at rank 10 and had fun with goofy builds on Wild ladder.

30 wins away from my first golden hero! Mage

hey don't know if I've had the pleasure to reply to you before. Good Luck!! Enjoy ascending into Golden!!!

That is my main goal since I'm too casual/lazy to shoot for Legend.

Rogue = 108 wins
Shaman = 98 wins
Warrior = 78 wins
Mage = 118 wins
Huinter 78 wins

I want to get Golden Rogue and mage someday. Just need to make sure i get at least 3-4 wins daily with rogue. Any days I do not play I'll have to double up on the following day.

If Pirate Warrior remains a thing- I might shoot for Golden Warrior too! Its just too easy to grind out those wins with such a fast deck I cant resist!

Dahbomb

Double post, but anyone who saw Reynad's bullshit "my meta report is great and the competition's is terrible" video should read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/5lfviq/vicious_syndicate_responds_to_reynads/
Good response, far more mature than what Reynad put out. Though shots were still fired and that was successful in salting my popcorn.

I am liking this competition for what is basically just glorified tier lists. My years of nagging over tier lists finally paying off!

Jadax

I don't know why people are surprised - I've been saying it all along, Reynad is a dumbass when it comes to the intricacies of hearthstone. He's barely an enjoyable caster to watch, and yet so many viewers hang by his every word.

Yes he's a decent hearthstone player and may have popularised some decks, but other than that he brings nothing original to the game. What vS does is a million times more useful to me than what Reyand can ever do.

I don't know why people are surprised - I've been saying it all along, Reynad is a dumbass when it comes to the intricacies of hearthstone. He's barely an enjoyable caster to watch, and yet so many viewers hang by his every word.

Yes he's a decent hearthstone player and may have popularised some decks, but other than that he brings nothing original to the game. What vS does is a million times more useful to me than what Reyand can ever do.

Reynad doesn't write the meta snapshot...

Blizzard

Banned
Are there any Warrior cards that are almost essential to have even for a new player? I have 16/20 basic cards and I may have lost like 8 in a row besides a single leaver.

My biggest weakness seems to be that I can't clear the field and keep minions alive, no matter what class I play against. If I use charge minions, I can only hit one enemy and the other player wipes it so I can't build up. Same with taunt minions. If I use spreading minions like the cheap merloc, they also get wiped.

I tried damage spells like Whirlwind and Execute, but that combo only kills a single target and doesn't compare to the 3-HP minions people drop on turn 1. *edit* I tried adding Public Defender to my deck, but I've heard this card is bad? (But then again, I'm super ultra new so who knows what "bad" means for me)

Are there any Warrior cards that are almost essential to have even for a new player? I have 16/20 basic cards and I may have lost like 8 in a row besides a single leaver.

My biggest weakness seems to be that I can't clear the field and keep minions alive, no matter what class I play against. If I use charge minions, I can only hit one enemy and the other player wipes it so I can't build up. Same with taunt minions. If I use spreading minions like the cheap merloc, they also get wiped.

I tried damage spells like whirlwind and execute, but that combo only kills a single target and doesn't compare to the 3-HP minions people drop on turn 1.

It depends on what deck you're playing. There are a lot of fairly standard cards when it comes to what deck archetype you're trying to build.

edit:
If you're talking about control cards, here is a control warrior list: https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/control-warrior-standard-meta-snapshot-dec-25-2016

Brawl is their biggest board clear. Shield slam and execute are their strongest single target removal.

patchday

I tried damage spells like Whirlwind and Execute, but that combo only kills a single target and doesn't compare to the 3-HP minions people drop on turn 1. *edit* I tried adding Public Defender to my deck, but I've heard this card is bad? (But then again, I'm super ultra new so who knows what "bad" means for me)

I was 67% with this deck (its a pre-MSoG deck). The closer you can get to this the better. People will think you're a f2p pirate and the removal will catch them by surprise

(Not sure why I have shield block here- perhaps replace with Argent Crusader. oh right I remember- I used to not have 2 x Southsea Captains)

Btw my win rate is based on Casual or very high Standard ladder. I used to main Mage/Rogue/Hunter pre-MSoG. So you should be able to get to 15- well at least in the old meta.

Some tips---

I would use Blood to ichor + Execute to get pass their blockers (Taunts)
Mulligan for Zoth first mate and use Upgrade!!!
Bloodsail Cultist is a must have- no replacement

deck is from pre-MSoG though like I said before

Blizzard

Banned
It depends on what deck you're playing. There are a lot of fairly standard cards when it comes to what deck archetype you're trying to build.

edit:
If you're talking about control cards, here is a control warrior list: https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/control-warrior-standard-meta-snapshot-dec-25-2016

Brawl is their biggest board clear. Shield slam and execute are their strongest single target removal.
Thanks for the tips. Since I'm so new, what I'm looking for is ways to understand general concepts and build my own decks.

When I played LoL, I mostly looked up high-rated builds and just followed those. I figure I could do the same in Hearthstone, but instead of doing that I'd like to enjoy the learning process and try to understand the concepts of how I can build my own decks. I'm still trying to get a feel for how many 1, 2, 3 mana cards I should have for example.

So basically I don't care too much about winning right now as long as it happens sometimes. What I care about is gaining a very solid base understanding of how to gradually improve my decks and play as I get cards.

Early on, I was spending cards as fast as I could if I had mana. Now I'm trying to play a little more strategically, though of course some things are RNG and online is full of people with legendaries.

patchday

Yeah I came from League of Legends as well used to be in LoL-gaf clan. Unlike LoL- you won't be able to follow a lot of the top tier decks exactly- because you will lack many cards and dust

I think Warrior is a great starting point but you will lose a ton at first until you learn when to trade and when to go face. The key is learning your opponents decks better than they do.

That will take a lot of time.

Unlike MOBAs- what is refreshing it is all on You. You don't to worry bout some troll feeding and causing you to lose a 45 min long match.

[edit] Also take a look at Shaman and go 20/20. All their cards are amazing. Even a Bloodlust shaman should be amazing

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of newer cards, are Grimestreet Outfitter / Grimestreet Enforcer very strong cards? I think I've seen one or the other in the top 1/3 of people's decks for 3-5 games in a row.

patchday

Speaking of newer cards, are Grimestreet Outfitter / Grimestreet Enforcer very strong cards? I think I've seen one or the other in the top 1/3 of people's decks for 3-5 games in a row.

the meta is too fast for that stuff in most cases sadly. Until major nerfs and balancing occur I would not worry

Just maxout Shaman and enjoy lots of easy wins. So many people might outright concede at the sight of you. Shaman is just godlike in all areas (card draw, burst, minions, taunts, etc). Blizz Team 5 just wanted them to be uber in every way possible. I made the mistake of ignoring Shaman when I started. I finally switched to them around my 3rd season and was amazed at how little dust I spent (I only had to craft Doomhammer at the time lol)

Pooya

It's curvestone with RNG clownfiesta at its worst, all the wrong things with HS in one mode, what else. It's no fun whatsoever.

Literally every other card game right now have a much much better arena mode.

What do you guys use to track matches like that? I sort of want to give ranked a serious run this month, and something like that seems neat.

Ladekabel

Hearthstone deck tracker

Ouch, but you did have guaranteed lethal with huge toad and twisting, assuming no sticky deathrattle.

I didn't do the right play. I should have bombered before and then attack. But I wanted it to do with style. Legit did not see Nether plus Toad. But who can expect getting hit in the face 3 times with 6 other possible targets...

patchday

I didn't do the right play. I should have bombered before and then attack. But I wanted it to do with style. Legit did not see Nether plus Toad. But who can expect getting hit in the face 3 times with 6 other possible targets...

I wish you dropped twisting nether since he was out of cards. But that's a tough call

Fast start, strong midgame and a few late game bombs just in case.

I play the version with pirates and Curator, topping out with Ragnaros.

Interesting! thanks

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
There is nothing more hilarious than decks in wild at rank 20+.

Shatter was being run in one of them.

Malchezar is run in all of them.

It's so fun to play against. Because it is so random. Losing is even so ridiculous that it's enjoyable.

Casual just isn't the same. I wish I could stay at rank 21 forever.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

It's so fun to play against. Because it is so random. Losing is even so ridiculous that it's enjoyable.

As long as you don't go there because you're on tilt from a losing streak in standard and you're fed up and want easy wins. Losing to a shatter at rank 22 and seeing "You can't lose stars at this rank" brings up uninstall levels of salt.

At least that's what has happened to me.

But yeah, otherwise wild is great for that sort of thing.

patchday

I like seeing the whacky decks people are playing in Wild plus my decks are whacky too (Stealth & Burgle rogue decks)

Will hop back on Standard. Game started me off at 19? I pushed up to 18 but got kinda bored running the typical aggro shaman. I did mix it up with my rogue decks too

Will go back and forth I suppose

I wish game put me at 21 in Wild. It put me at rank 20 since I was at rank 13 last season in Wild.

patchday

I believe Famile was saying QA is the way to go but I'm curious which specific deck he ran. I've been trying out Casie's QA deck I netdeck'ed from VS syndicate. It's currently 61% for me so guess I should just stick with it for now. been using it on standard ladder (last season used to help climb to rank 10 before other games distracted me)

I lost to a Reno Shadowpriest who also an Malchezzar, which seems like an awful idea to me because,you know, it could accidentally disable Reno Jackson.

But then he had the luckiest damn thing happen: Malchezzar gave him a Sylvannas.

And he had a second Sylvannas in his deck.

And he Entombed my Sylvaanas.

And he was playing N'Zoth. :-/

Yeah, I didn't have what it took to get through all of those efficiently.

I lost to a Reno Shadowpriest who also an Malchezzar, which seems like an awful idea to me because,you know, it could accidentally disable Reno Jackson.

But then he had the luckiest damn thing happen: Malchezzar gave him a Sylvannas.

Malchezzar actually cannot give you a second legendary.

e:
I see what you're saying though. lol

my stats from last season with Casie's QA deck. Cant recall how much I used on Standard/Wild but my rank on both ladders was almost identical in any case and I hit rank 10 early last month as soon as i went on christmas break (so before middle of month I think?)
Eg44Joj.png

Whats the list?

patchday

my stats from last season with Casie's QA deck. Cant recall how much I used on Standard/Wild but my rank on both ladders was almost identical in any case and I hit rank 10 early last month as soon as i went on christmas break (so before middle of month I think?)
Eg44Joj.png

I suck against Priest btw. A less stupid rogue should do much better than 50%

[edit] Sorry this is the list I grabbed from Vicious Syndicate --> http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/deck-library/rogue-decks/miracle-rogue/ (Casie Questing rogue)

Just noticed I somehow avoided all Pirate Warriors with that deck lol

Dahbomb

I don't understand how this is possible. Malchezzar can't give you a Legendary that you already have in your deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom