• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

my stats last season for Burgle rogue (12/3 wins) -->

eGX6Scs.png

I have yet to win a single match against Priest. I blame their awful class cards and even if I were to snatch Dragon operative it would do me no good since I lack dragons. The deck lacks card draw and should do way worse then it does. I think I mostly played this deck on Wild to climb from rank 18->13 last season (along with Stealth deck). Also played it a bit to climb back to rank 10 (Standard) after I got bounced out late in the month

Deck ->

30nRg30.png

[edit] It inexplicably does ok against Pirate Warrior only cause I tend to get lucky and loot Taunts.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
In my last game i got the Brann Kazakus Soulcaster wombo combo off and got 4 kazakus potions. Still barely won in fatigue because I am terrible but it was a fun game.

I don't like the Demons in hand potion.

Thoughts on my wild reno mage?

Thinking of ditching courier for Bouncer or dirty rat.

I think frost nova and/or blizzard are really good with doomsayer.

I'll take another look in a bit.

edit:
I suggest looking into fitting antonidas in the list. Maybe cut firelands portal. In other words, some other late game threat besides dr. boom and kazakus.

patchday

I lost to a Reno Shadowpriest who also an Malchezzar, which seems like an awful idea to me because,you know, it could accidentally disable Reno Jackson.

But then he had the luckiest damn thing happen: Malchezzar gave him a Sylvannas.

And he had a second Sylvannas in his deck.

And he Entombed my Sylvaanas.

And he was playing N'Zoth. :-/

Yeah, I didn't have what it took to get through all of those efficiently.

Interesting idea for a deck. I need to force myself to run various priest decks so I can learn their weaknesses better. Granted- I should stick to the typical Dragon Priest deck that I see

But that deck sounds like fun

patchday

Thoughts on my wild reno mage?

Thinking of ditching courier for Bouncer or dirty rat.

Kabal courier is pretty nice I pulled one from a pack Golden and kept it that way cause every card you get from it is also golden :)

Looks like a dangerous deck.

I tried to play reno mage once this season and darn went into fatigue in a mirror match. Takes too long to play for my taste.

I hope tempo mage gets more viable tools next season I miss it so thats more my style

patchday

Okay Burgle rogue had played a total of 15 matches last season I believe and I was able to ride the win streak all the way til I got too tired to play

DHVszVR.png

(whoops double post fail)

Malchezzar actually cannot give you a second legendary.

e:
I see what you're saying though. lol

Whats the list?

I don't understand how this is possible. Malchezzar can't give you a Legendary that you already have in your deck.

He is saying malch gave him sylvanas and when he entombed a sylvanas he then had 2 sylvanasus

The way he wrote it out seemed like he faced off against 3 Sylvanas.

One from Malch, one from deck and one that was Entombed.

OH, you know what? The third one must have been from Museum Curator. My bad on that.

Okay Burgle rogue had played a total of 15 matches last season I believe and I was able to ride the win streak all the way til I got too tired to play

DHVszVR.png

(whoops double post fail)
Decklist? I'm interested in giving this a shot.

patchday

Decklist? I'm interested in giving this a shot.

I posted the decklist at the top. Got it from reddit /competitiveHS where the guy got to Legend with it. He says his weakness was only rogues and maybe pirate warrior? Looks like I only saw 1 PW last season with the deck

I use Leeroy instead of Grand Crusader. He admits he believes Grand Crusader slot to be optional so I go with Leeroy atm

[edit] if you give this a whirl and encounter a Priest could you be a buddy and link me the replay if you have it? I might contact that guy on reddit for some tips cause I'm 0% with Priests and they can interfere with my climb

I posted the decklist at the top. Got it from reddit /competitiveHS where the guy got to Legend with it. He says his weakness was only rogues and maybe pirate warrior? Looks like I only saw 1 PW last season with the deck

I use Leeroy instead of Grand Crusader. He admits he believes Grand Crusader slot to be optional so I go with Leeroy atm

[edit] if you give this a whirl and encounter a Priest could you be a buddy and link me the replay if you have it? I might contact that guy on reddit for some tips cause I'm 0% with Priests and they can interfere with my climb

Unfortunately, I don't have Patches, Edwin, or Preps, so I can't give it a climb just yet. :(

My goal this year is to make top tier Paladin, Rogue, and Druid decks. I'm pretty competent with all of the other classes, though I need to get two more legendaries for Priest as well. :-(

patchday

Darn wish the deck wasn't so dust hungry. I did expend 3200 dust to get into these decks for Patches & Leeroy. And ofc right after I craft patches he comes again out of a pack.

Darn wish the deck wasn't so dust hungry. I did expend 3200 dust to get into these decks for Patches & Leeroy. And ofc right after I craft patches he comes again out of a pack.
I have semi-complete sets for several factions - I think the pace of my collecting has been pretty reasonable. I really hope Patches gets a hard nerf so I don't have to craft him to make 100% of my aggro decks viable. :p

patchday

I dont obviously since Rogues will take a nose dive since the expansion didnt give us anything but Counterfeit coin and maybe Shaku for a solid turn 3 play without relying on backstab + agent combo which could be tough if mulligan goes wrong

Dahbomb

Unfortunately, I don't have Patches, Edwin, or Preps, so I can't give it a climb just yet. :(

My goal this year is to make top tier Paladin, Rogue, and Druid decks. I'm pretty competent with all of the other classes, though I need to get two more legendaries for Priest as well. :-(
Aren't most Druid decks pretty cheap these days? They tend to just need Fandral and Malygos as their Legendaries. And Aya for Jade Druid.

Aren't most Druid decks pretty cheap these days? They tend to just need Fandral and Malygos as their Legendaries. And Aya for Jade Druid.

I don't have Fandral or Aya. Druid is my least-played faction - I just have chosen to invest in other factions I like more. The game has actually been incredibly stingy with class legendaries. I don't think I've gotten a classic faction legendary from packs outside of Jaraxxus.

I crafted fandral before people knew he was brokenly good, and I've barely played druid lol

There is probably a post on the old thread where I was saying how good fandral is but people haven't quite put together a list (this was before maly druid and even token druid became popular)

patchday

Well I preordered Msog with $50 and then hoarded all gold for weeks so I could open 80 packs at launch. Luckily I ignored my buddy that implored me to wait cause of some bug with the packs. I figure I already wait too long for the expansion. So the refund gave me 25 extra packs

Ended up getting everything I wanted with all that dust. Had a bunch left over that I splurged on Avianna. But I'm horrible with Druid only 5 ranked wins even though I have all the legends (except that thun vek'lor guy). but I normally dont play Druid unless I have a quest

-------

edit - yay finally won against a Priest but he wasn't a Dragon Priest so the search continues for a worthy Dragon Priest to build my confidence

scarlet

Played dragon priest. Met a lot of renolock.

Playing renolock. Haven't seen any renolock.

My deck has sacrificial pact and is kinda useful against demon from Kazakus. Or against priest/mage and obviously mirror match.

Self healing from your dying demon or 1/1 imp is kinda neat.

patchday

Burgle rogue continues to do favorably against Pirate Warriors but I still lost to the one Dragon Priest I saw

Stats to cross into rank 17 (actually I had to switch to aggro deck to ascend after Burgle rogue got me right to the end boss)---
2cgQElP.png

Starting to develop a sixth sense when the matchmaker is going to pair me with one (dragon priest). I hurry and switch to an aggro deck when it was time to cross into rank 17 and finally got there. But it was a lot of work.... My stats are starting to look more realistic (down to 60% from 80% lol). If I could just beat these frakkin Dragon Priests man I could get some win streaks going...

There is so many tough opponents using good decks on standard right now. Golden heroes are abundant. getting caught up in the stampede back to Legend I suppose for the pros and they have no idea whats in my deck since its full of RNG lmao

--------

Grinded like 60g gold or something on the ladder just to get to rank 17 cause no win streaks but was awarded with a decent pack. Just when I thought I had most of MSoG legendaries--- well I forgot bout one LOL

They should really change Drakanoid Operative to a Thoughtsteal effect as opposed to Discover. Shit's way too broken.

I like how the ability works. It's good enough that it could be a bit lower in stats, but I think priest needed the love. I agree it's frustrating to lose to though.

But I really like how you can scout your opponent's deck. This is something that joust failed to be good at doing. I wish this was a rogue card though. Rogue should be good at scouting, you'd think. Or hunter. Not sure if it fits well with their decks but it fits their theme. I want to see more drakonid operative text, though it doesn't necessarily have to be drawing a copy of the card either. That does seem pretty much priest's forte.

patchday

They should really change Drakanoid Operative to a Thoughtsteal effect as opposed to Discover. Shit's way too broken.

it does feel broken. But I'm sure they're thinking the samething when patches comes flying out to love tap their face so idk.

I really need to switch to Dragon Priest. only way I will defeat my enemy is to become it. This is why I can take a dump all over Pirate Warriors cause I know pretty much all variations of their deck and used it extensively

-----

edit- one funny match. Shaku & co delivered hard against Paladin. Got me Tirion and that Edric dude. Saved my bacon hard. Even the Pally emoted "Wow" right along with me.
https://hsreplay.net/replay/patdsU5U5jQWkdTYFxPSqk

bjaelke

It's curvestone with RNG clownfiesta at its worst, all the wrong things with HS in one mode, what else. It's no fun whatsoever.

Literally every other card game right now have a much much better arena mode.

Current arena meta is healthy compared to the weeks after GvG.

patchday

I like DrakOP effect

I don't like how priest can play like 6 of them

yeah right? It doesn't seem right at all they can scan my own deck better than I can and to top it all off Dragon OP has a ton of health and dmg he's crazy op for his cost.

be so glad when Brann rotates out he makes this game crazy broke

(but oh snap tomb pillager goes with it-- shiii I'm panicking just thinking bout this)

Blizzard

Banned
I've been losing most every game since the season reset, though I'm still not 20/20 as Shaman.

I switched to mage since I occasionally win with that one. I lost one or two and was about to lose a third, but finally had some hilarious RNG in my favor. The enemy had 12 HP. But, they were doing a massive C'Thun setup deck, had 6 strong minions out, and 10 mana was about to hit. I threw a mirror image the turn before, froze all minions plus the hero, ate the C'Thun damage when he played it, and killed him with a 13-damage duplicated C'Thun.

Before brann we never really had any cheap control legendary cards worth playing sadface

But it'll probably give them some more space to build in standard. I bet one of the big reasons we got no battlecry heal akin to healbot was brann. Reno warlock would be insane with healbot in the meta atm.

Blizzard

Banned
[edit] Also take a look at Shaman and go 20/20. All their cards are amazing. Even a Bloodlust shaman should be amazing
About this, though again I'm not looking for a specific deck list, are there Shaman cards I should be avoiding? I'm 16/20 or 18/20 now and having trouble properly using the cards. I rarely if ever get 2 totems alive at a time since almost everyone I play against has very strong early waveclear.

I tried using 2x Devolve for example, and I've had awful luck. Typically the opponent gets something lucky for the devolve, like a legendary.

Maybe part of my problem is my choice of free minion cards? There don't seem to be any spells or weapon outside of class-specific cards, and I can't figure out what minions work best (ones that spawn friends, ones with charge, ones with taunt, or some combination). I only have a couple non-free cards.

patchday

dang I'm really thinking it was Leeroy that mostly carried my burgle rogue but he finally got me killed when a dragon priest scry'ed my deck with Dragon OP and got him. Whats funny I didnt even get leeroy out of my own deck and got killed by it [edit] Btw I am reviewing my losses so this occurred yesterday or something

So will drop leeroy for this Grand Challenger card. This burgle rogue deck is getting more and more strange but I cant have cards in my deck that these Priests will pwn me with lol.

Dunno why I'm so obsessed with this deck... Never thought of myself as some kinda RNG fanatic but then again I guess this was always the case cause loved Yogg. only reason I wanted Yogg nerfed in the end was cause it was overused in tournaments and made it not much fun to watch

patchday

About this, though again I'm not looking for a specific deck list, are there Shaman cards I should be avoiding? I'm 16/20 or 18/20 now and having trouble properly using the cards. I rarely if ever get 2 totems alive at a time since almost everyone I play against has very strong early waveclear.

I tried using 2x Devolve for example, and I've had awful luck. Typically the opponent gets something lucky for the devolve, like a legendary.

Maybe part of my problem is my choice of free minion cards? There don't seem to be any spells or weapon outside of class-specific cards, and I can't figure out what minions work best (ones that spawn friends, ones with charge, ones with taunt, or some combination). I only have a couple non-free cards.

I think you have to max the class out but I forget what card you'll be missing... Feel free to post your build and if you run HDT a replay. I sometimes run the typical Aggro Shaman deck that has Aya but I dont feel she's a must. I guess you dont have Jade lightning though.

You should be able to taunt with Thing from below and smash their face with that 4 7/7 (faceless). Druids are so helpless they are the most tasty. Priests will normally use removals on Faceless tho but its good bait for that.

just get trogg and totem golems those are a must for early game. They may even waste removals on those.

I would say craft Thunder Bluff Valiant but he will rotate in a few months and dust is probably short supply. Dang one thing I like bout Solforge we can share cards there. But no go here ;(

Blizzard

Banned
I have 35 dust so crafting is a no go right now. I spent any crafting room I had on mage. :p I'm trying to learn 2-3 classes so when I burn my arena coins once every 3 days or so, I'll have a better chance of getting at least one win.

I do like that you get a card pack even if you win 0.

My Shaman deck is currently pretty random because of my very limited options:
* 2 Ancestral Healing
* 2 Totemic Might
* Dust Devil
* Forked Lightning
* Goldshire Footman
* 2 Flametongue Totem
* 2 Murloc Tidehunter
* 2 Rockbiter Weapon
* Stormforged Axe
* 2 Windfury
* Coldlight Seer
* 2 Hex
* 2 Silverback Patriarch
* 2 Jade Spirit
* Jinyu Waterspeaker
* 2 Azure Drake
* 2 Bloodlust
* Lotus Agents
* Stormwind Champion

I don't own Thing From Below, Totem Golem, or Flamewreather Faceless. Unfortunately I can't get Tunnel Trogg without spending $14 or 1400 coins, and I'd like to see how far I can get without spending money. :p

I'm not sure what the balance of 1/2/3/4/5 etc. cards should be, nor am I sure how many minions I should typically have in a deck. I imagine it depends on strategy and character, and I'm working on learning these.

I did finally win a ranked game against the endless stream of rank 21 people using legendaries and golden heroes when I got some totems to stay alive.

scarlet

I have 35 dust so crafting is a no go right now. I spent any crafting room I had on mage. :p I'm trying to learn 2-3 classes so when I burn my arena coins once every 3 days or so, I'll have a better chance of getting at least one win.

* 2 Ancestral Healing
* 2 Totemic Might
* Dust Devil
* Forked Lightning
* Goldshire Footman
* 2 Flametongue Totem
* 2 Murloc Tidehunter
* 2 Rockbiter Weapon
* Stormforged Axe
* 2 Windfury
* Coldlight Seer
* 2 Hex
* 2 Silverback Patriarch
* 2 Jade Spirit
* Jinyu Waterspeaker
* 2 Azure Drake
* 2 Bloodlust
* Lotus Agents
* Stormwind Champion

I don't own Thing From Below, Totem Golem, or Flamewreather Faceless. Unfortunately I can't get Tunnel Trogg without spending $14 or 1400 coins, and I'd like to see how far I can get without spending money. :p

I'm not sure what the balance of 1/2/3/4/5 etc. cards should be, nor am I sure how many minions I should typically have in a deck. I imagine it depends on strategy and character, and I'm working on learning these.

I did finally win a ranked game against the endless stream of rank 21 people using legendaries and golden heroes when I got some totems to stay alive.

1400 coins? You can craft tunnel trogg for 40 dust

Miletius

dang I'm really thinking it was Leeroy that mostly carried my burgle rogue but he finally got me killed when a dragon priest scry'ed my deck with Dragon OP and got him. Whats funny I didnt even get leeroy out of my own deck and got killed by it [edit] Btw I am reviewing my losses so this occurred yesterday or something

So will drop leeroy for this Grand Challenger card. This burgle rogue deck is getting more and more strange but I cant have cards in my deck that these Priests will pwn me with lol.

Dunno why I'm so obsessed with this deck... Never thought of myself as some kinda RNG fanatic but then again I guess this was always the case cause loved Yogg. only reason I wanted Yogg nerfed in the end was cause it was overused in tournaments and made it not much fun to watch

I would not drop Leroy for Grand Crusader but that's just my take on it. Leroy isn't really that useful (since you don't really have any Cold Bloods to use him as a finisher), but GC doesn't really add anything to the deck other than a random paladin card and some board stats. You'd be much better off adding another draw like Azure drake or win condition to the deck -- maybe consider something like Ragnaros. Maybe Gadgetzan, although some people feel like gadgetzan is overkill in this kind of deck.

I played a couple of games of the deck this evening and I won most of my games with it. I replaced the Shadow Stirkes with 2x Fan, since I think that helps against the aggro matchup. That gives you fewer options against dragon priest but I don't think that shadow strike saves you most games anyways because once they get up to that 5 health level they just have another bomb next turn anyways.

I've always thought Burgle Rogue was an underappreciated archetype -- I played a lot of it before MSG and I think it's strength relies 2 things:

1) Resources -- you are pretty much guaranteed to out-resource your opponent every game. So many of your cards give you options, you can't help but overflow with cards. Often times, your cards are also better tempo plays because they are also reduced in cost.

2) Unpredictability -- your opponent really has zero idea of what is in your hand. Often times that means that a defense can't be mounted since they have to account for a lot of possibilities.

I mulligan for my biggest stuff when facing Priests because of that card.

It's a fairly aggressive archetype though, I think mulliganing for big things could lead you to getting ran over.

e:
I mean as far as priest goes. If you don't get ran over you typically have forever to come up with a win condition.

Just a small thought exercise. If you knew they stole leeroy could you have played around it? Would eviscerate have done you in?

What I'm trying to get at is you can get a pretty strong read on what they steal. If leeroy is the only way they win and you can play around it, you play around leeroy. All depends on whats happening in the match, typically how far ahead you are.

On the other hand, burgle stuff... you can't get much of a read off those cards. At least with drakonid operative they are limited to what is left in your deck. You know leeroy is in there so you can play around it. But with burgle you rarely can get a read off what they get, so you can rarely play around it.

Last time I lost to operative was leeroy or anyfin. I think if I just paid closer attention I could have still won both those games.

patchday

* 2 Ancestral Healing
* 2 Totemic Might
* Dust Devil
* Forked Lightning
* Goldshire Footman
* 2 Flametongue Totem
* 2 Murloc Tidehunter
* 2 Rockbiter Weapon
* Stormforged Axe
* 2 Windfury
* Coldlight Seer
* 2 Hex
* 2 Silverback Patriarch
* 2 Jade Spirit
* Jinyu Waterspeaker
* 2 Azure Drake
* 2 Bloodlust
* Lotus Agents
* Stormwind Champion

yeah you gotta get Trogg and Totem golem those are non-optional for Shaman unless you going Control Shaman which is even more dust.

Good news is both those cards are common you'll get them soon I'm sure

I would not drop Leroy for Grand Crusader but that's just my take on it. Leroy isn't really that useful (since you don't really have any Cold Bloods to use him as a finisher), but GC doesn't really add anything to the deck other than a random paladin card and some board stats. You'd be much better off adding another draw like Azure drake or win condition to the deck -- maybe consider something like Ragnaros. Maybe Gadgetzan, although some people feel like gadgetzan is overkill in this kind of deck.

I played a couple of games of the deck this evening and I won most of my games with it. I replaced the Shadow Stirkes with 2x Fan, since I think that helps against the aggro matchup. That gives you fewer options against dragon priest but I don't think that shadow strike saves you most games anyways because once they get up to that 5 health level they just have another bomb next turn anyways.

I've always thought Burgle Rogue was an underappreciated archetype -- I played a lot of it before MSG and I think it's strength relies 2 things:

1) Resources -- you are pretty much guaranteed to out-resource your opponent every game. So many of your cards give you options, you can't help but overflow with cards. Often times, your cards are also better tempo plays because they are also reduced in cost.

2) Unpredictability -- your opponent really has zero idea of what is in your hand. Often times that means that a defense can't be mounted since they have to account for a lot of possibilities.

Thanks for your advice! Yeah I love having so many cards in hand that I get from this build. Yeah I wont bother with Grand Crusader. Been sitting here watching SuperJJ play his miracle rogue and just running over everyone straight into rank 13. might alternate miracle rogue back in-- although i justwatched him get blown up by a Dragon Priest that just took what he wanted from SuperJJ's deck and then dropped Deathwing to finish him off

Drakonid op should be a legendary

Like fuck that card

Huh never thought of that it sure does feel legendary.

Blizzard

Banned
yeah you gotta get Trogg and Totem golem those are non-optional for Shaman unless you going Control Shaman which is even more dust.

Good news is both those cards are common you'll get them soon I'm sure
You can get drops from League of Explorers without owning the adventure? That'd be awesome.

Maybe I should try a different class until I get it, though. It sounds very important.

Jadax

What most of you are forgetting is that by the time he can craft those shaman cards LOE will have rotated out, which I'm sure will push shaman decks to a lower tier.

The only option at that time will be Wild, which is already extremely tough (at least in EU).

He has two options:

- Either cough up the gold for the LOE wings, or $$ for the adventure.

- Or accept that he won't play one of the strongest decks in this meta (aggro/midrange shaman), and just try to build a more long-term prospect up (priest/mage/maybe rogue).

I didn't include renolock in the above list because I believe locks will struggle once LOE rotates out. This is all for Standard, in Wild he can still play this and I strongly believe Shaman will remain a strong class there.

You can get drops from League of Explorers without owning the adventure? That'd be awesome.

Maybe I should try a different class until I get it, though. It sounds very important.

There probably is a midrange list that works fine without tunnel trogg. But not an aggressive list. I think I remember a midrange list in the karazhan meta choosing to not run tunnel trogg.

patchday

yeah you can directly craft the cards if you dont want to cough up the gold. I understand that when I started and wanted to get into Hunter I first only paid for the first wings in LoE and BRM but then eventually caved in and got the whole thing

Also- jsut in case you might not know the ladder is gonna be hardcore right now as everyone rushes back to their old ladder positions. Ladder gets way easier around mid month

What I used to do was chill and just do Wild til after first week of new month. Then I'd cruise into 15

Granted nowadays I dont bother waiting anymore cause I'm going see these decks in abundance anyways since I go past 15....

What most of you are forgetting is that by the time he can craft those shaman cards LOE will have rotated out, which I'm sure will push shaman decks to a lower tier..

you realize we are discussing crafting Common cards. after a few months of playing he's gonna be popping out 50 dust for a common easy.

Jadax

you realize we are discussing crafting Common cards. after a few months of playing he's gonna be popping out 50 dust for a common easy.

You can craft cards from adventures that haven't been rotated out? That's news to me - not sure why I buy adventures now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom