• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

huh, I always assumed it did someone correct me if I'm wrong

oh crap its late in my timezone. Stayed up 2 hrs watching SuperJJ use that miracle rogue with Shaku. looks like a variation of MrYacht's rogue

all this time I spent watching JJ I could've been rank 16 by now oh well....

holla!

edit: was watching the full clip --- https://www.twitch.tv/superjj102/v/111325603?t=2h30m57s looks some build him & Lifecoach cooked up

Pooya

You can get drops from League of Explorers without owning the adventure? That'd be awesome.

Maybe I should try a different class until I get it, though. It sounds very important.

No you can't. You have to buy the adventure first, then you unlock the ability to de the cards or craft them back.

Only adventure cards that have rotated out can be crafted without buying.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I have 35 dust so crafting is a no go right now. I spent any crafting room I had on mage. :p I'm trying to learn 2-3 classes so when I burn my arena coins once every 3 days or so, I'll have a better chance of getting at least one win.

I do like that you get a card pack even if you win 0.

My Shaman deck is currently pretty random because of my very limited options:
* 2 Ancestral Healing
* 2 Totemic Might
* Dust Devil
* Forked Lightning
* Goldshire Footman
* 2 Flametongue Totem
* 2 Murloc Tidehunter
* 2 Rockbiter Weapon
* Stormforged Axe
* 2 Windfury
* Coldlight Seer
* 2 Hex
* 2 Silverback Patriarch
* 2 Jade Spirit
* Jinyu Waterspeaker
* 2 Azure Drake
* 2 Bloodlust
* Lotus Agents
* Stormwind Champion

I don't own Thing From Below, Totem Golem, or Flamewreather Faceless. Unfortunately I can't get Tunnel Trogg without spending $14 or 1400 coins, and I'd like to see how far I can get without spending money. :p

I'm not sure what the balance of 1/2/3/4/5 etc. cards should be, nor am I sure how many minions I should typically have in a deck. I imagine it depends on strategy and character, and I'm working on learning these.

I did finally win a ranked game against the endless stream of rank 21 people using legendaries and golden heroes when I got some totems to stay alive.

Some tips without requiring any crafting:

- Taunts is something everyone new to the game falls for, even pros, but generally they really aren't that good. I know it's scary to have people lower your life total, but it is much important to keep good stats on the board. Something like goldshire footman might make the game last one turn longer, but that does you no good since it doesn't actually deal with anything on the board. Health is a resource, and don't be afraid to use it.

Of course sometimes you do need to force them to stop them from hitting your face, but the only taunt with good enough stats in the basic set is Sin'jin Shieldmasta. I would add that taunt to your deck and remove the rest.

- Totemic Might and Ancestral Healing are very difficult to get value with. I know 0 mana sounds really cheap, but you are also paying for it with an entire card. Remember you only get 1 card per turn, so you really need to make sure you are spending those cards well. And there really aren't many situations where you need to have your totems have more health, or you need to heal a minion and give it taunt.

- Windfury in general is really bad, both the card and the keyword in general. It's generally dificult to get minions like that to live a turn to attack, and when they do, all you usually get is a little extra face damage in, which isn't needed when you have bloodlust to do a ton of damage.

- Dust Devil is simply a bad card. One health minions in general are bad because many classes can kill them without using any cards at all thanks to the hero power.

- You don't have enough jade cards yet to really make that mechanic work. I probably wouldn't use any until you have at least 6. You also don't have enough Murlocs to make Coldlight Seer work, and really need the entire deck to be worth it.

Basic cards you could use as replacements:

Fire Elemental
Acidic Swamp Ooze
Frostwolf Warlord
Gnomish Inventor
Sin'jin Shieldmasta
Razorfin Hunter
Bloodfin Raptor
Chillwind Yeti
Bolderfist Ogre

Here's a deck I might try out with the cards you have:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...91:1;530:1;576:2;604:2;636:2;49629:1;49719:1;

And i would craft Lightning Bolt, Lightning Storm, Feral Spirits, Mana Tide Totem, Flamewreath Faceless and Thing From Below all before trogg/totem golem since trogg/totem golem will rotate out in a few months. Maybe Totem Golem just because it's only 40 dust.

fertygo

I want Dirty Rat version for enemy spell

its actually gonna better vs aggro than dirty rat because its can discard their burn

Blizzard

Banned
Some tips without requiring any crafting:

- Taunts is something everyone new to the game falls for, even pros, but generally they really aren't that good. I know it's scary to have people lower your life total, but it is much important to keep good stats on the board. Something like goldshire footman might make the game last one turn longer, but that does you no good since it doesn't actually deal with anything on the board. Health is a resource, and don't be afraid to use it.

Of course sometimes you do need to force them to stop them from hitting your face, but the only taunt with good enough stats in the basic set is Sin'jin Shieldmasta. I would add that taunt to your deck and remove the rest.

- Totemic Might and Ancestral Healing are very difficult to get value with. I know 0 mana sounds really cheap, but you are also paying for it with an entire card. Remember you only get 1 card per turn, so you really need to make sure you are spending those cards well. And there really aren't many situations where you need to have your totems have more health, or you need to heal a minion and give it taunt.

- Windfury in general is really bad, both the card and the keyword in general. It's generally dificult to get minions like that to live a turn to attack, and when they do, all you usually get is a little extra face damage in, which isn't needed when you have bloodlust to do a ton of damage.

- Dust Devil is simply a bad card. One health minions in general are bad because many classes can kill them without using any cards at all thanks to the hero power.

- You don't have enough jade cards yet to really make that mechanic work. I probably wouldn't use any until you have at least 6. You also don't have enough Murlocs to make Coldlight Seer work, and really need the entire deck to be worth it.

Basic cards you could use as replacements:

Fire Elemental
Acidic Swamp Ooze
Frostwolf Warlord
Gnomish Inventor
Sin'jin Shieldmasta
Razorfin Hunter
Bloodfin Raptor
Chillwind Yeti
Bolderfist Ogre

Here's a deck I might try out with the cards you have:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...91:1;530:1;576:2;604:2;636:2;49629:1;49719:1;

And i would craft Lightning Bolt, Lightning Storm, Feral Spirits, Mana Tide Totem, Flamewreath Faceless and Thing From Below all before trogg/totem golem since trogg/totem golem will rotate out in a few months. Maybe Totem Golem just because it's only 40 dust.
Thanks, these are very useful tips! I appreciate you offering specific changes, not just telling me the exact deck to use. The taunt change is very practical, and I'll try switching those out. I used to use Shieldmasta in some decks but I started trying other things.

I'll also swap out Windfury cards, Jade cards, and Murloc cards.

Sheroking

Hearthstone_Screenshot_01_02_17_04_56_03.png

0 mana, heal for 4 hero power that you can use unlimited times a turn. Seems balanced.

The entire game was dirty. I Dirty Rat'd his N'Zoth and MC Tech'd his 10/10 taunt.

Pooya

Everytime I'm winning against priest, they play operative, then I slowly lose.

removing all the otk damage from hand from the game is really frustrating, it's the only way to beat this shit consistently. how else we're supposed to beat infinite value decks. rogue isn't much of a counter to priest anymore, you have a very limited damage and their minions/curve are so hard to deal with it now. Face decks don't do well against priest either, druid isn't any better right now, dragons can overrun you easily, hard to clear.

the only reliable deck to beat priest now is warlock with jaraxxus. Priest is very good right now.

fertygo

Everytime I'm winning against priest, they play operative, then I slowly lose.

removing all the otk damage from hand from the game is really frustrating, it's the only way to beat this shit consistently. how else we're supposed to beat infinite value decks. rogue isn't much of a counter to priest anymore, you have a very limited damage and their minions/curve are so hard to deal with it now. Face decks don't do well against priest either, druid isn't any better right now, dragons can overrun you easily, hard to clear.

the only reliable deck to beat priest now is warlock with jaraxxus. Priest is very good right now.

Err miracoli n renolock without jaraxxus very favored to any kind of priest

Pooya

do you even play rogue? lol, it's not very good against dragon priest right now. you can get face rolled hard, you have no answer 5+ hp minions coming down one after another. lifecoach even said it's unfavored on his stream, they kept losing to priest. They concluded in the end it's the best deck to ladder now that there are not many warlocks around.

Even renolock without jaraxxus is close to 50-50, it's a hard game for warlock still, far from a free win.

patchday

I am thinking to go practice Dragon Priest (and the reno priest) a little but I'm not sure what to do they have a lot of good tools now. They can also take my Shaku or undead city huckster with that mind control potion for one turn- get them killed and get a good rogue card. One reno priest got Xaril from me in this manner and put me over her lap and spanked me hard I felt stupid and helpless as he duped his reno over & over lmao (Xaril gave the priest a potion to dupe reno I didnt know this was possible)

Burgle rogue is instaconcede for Priest in my mind but this other legend dude claims he went 14-3 against them but I wonder what kinda priests he was facing

edit ***

Okay the original author of the deck got back to me with some advice (but he cant give me replays):

Sorry man my replays are on a computer at another house. Playstyle was typically to be the aggressor to get in enough minion damage so they can't come back. If you don't have a turn 1 pirate it can be difficult. But you really want to be in a position where you're going face with minions every turn while sapping/removing any minions they play. Since they will have more value in the long run you'll have to go face at some point and possibly ignore a minion with too high hp to reasonably remove.
I was slightly lucky because most of the time they disn't have dragonfire potion, which would've wrecked me usually. I've won some games that dragged on to late game but that would require some burgle luck like getting mind control or shadowform. If they get board control it is super hard to come back so tempo is very important.

Guess I will give it a shot but first I practice Dragon priest this morning

fertygo

I struggle to think how priest beat rogue now they cut dragonfire potion

they had no burst at all, you can chill below 15 hp against priest despite they have the board, its benefit deck like warlock n rogue

Pooya

chip damage adds up quick when you can't remove the board, the new 3 drop is pretty annoying. They get burst from your deck.

5 attack on operative is huge, you can't remove it you die if you don't win. People don't play shadowstrike anymore, gotta fit the pirates in. It's a problem with current builds. Of course you can build a rogue deck that beats priest easily, like pre gadgetzan malygos rogue does the job, but it's not good elsewhere.

fertygo

Also Lifecoach suggest some stupid shit like Shaku is good, and Finley is bad in pirate warrior

so don't take all of his word to heart

Pooya

as a curve filler shaku is fine, actually you can't do much better in rogue.

having stealth it helps you clear things and get value trades and gives you a card too. It's not great but you can't do much better right now in rogue on turn 3 without comboing a bunch of cards and that's not always possible or efficient.

patchday

yeah Shaku is a keeper I agree with lifecoach on that for the turn 3 play. It can be stressful trying to mulligan for SI + Backstab to get a good turn 3 play. now that pressure is gone for me

The chance to hit shaku on curve on the play is roughly 32% if you mull all 3 that is.

Si7 as a 3/3 for 3 is fine if you just want to play on curve but rogue is rarely an on curve deck.

Levi

Banned

Blizzard

Banned
You should really consider getting the Welcome Bundle if you haven't got it yet.
Hmm ok, I never spent money on Pokemon GO but I finally installed the Google Opinion Rewards thing to sell my privacy for the Welcome Bundle eventually. :p

My legendary luck isn't good though. The only drop I've had was The Beast, which someone recommended I dust.

patchday

Yo what server do you play on? I'd be happy to run some practice games with ya on NA. I can on the other servers but I wouldn't be playing meta decks.

I'm sandboxgod#1710 (NA) sure it would be awesome to practice

I went back to aggro decks for easy wins. marched right to next rank as soon as I switched to them.

did hit my daily quota for rogue wins (did it on Wild) so I can go gold in a few months. Trying to test out a wild pirate miracle rogue deck

Hmm ok, I never spent money on Pokemon GO but I finally installed the Google Opinion Rewards thing to sell my privacy for the Welcome Bundle eventually. :p

My legendary luck isn't good though. The only drop I've had was The Beast, which someone recommended I dust.

yeah this is why I won't play other CCGs cause they always cost money to get a decent start otherwise you get farmed hard at the beginning. like for Solforge I spent at least $60 when I started to get a decent collection and cause you keep cards from Drafts I get lots of Silver even tho I don't even bother doing the draft. So I can produce up to 2 legendaries a week or so and this is with hardly no playtime. I just logon and concede

I got a daily login farm on Shadowverse too. I neevr play it but I logon to get the free chests. But only planning to go through the SP on Shadowverse

I'm also basically retired on Solforge. I just basically use cheesy Poison decks there to rank up for their monthly awards but its a broken game tho with hardly no dev support.

Was gonna farm Eternal as well (SP content - gauntlets and crap) but trying to work on FFXV so something had to get cut. The other games dont actually require me to play to build collections

patchday

sure thing :)

Man why we never played together on LoL back when I was active? I recall seeing you post occassionally on lol-gaf

edit- whats yer gametag in LoL? Maybe we did play. I believe I'm Ryotian there. In Hearthstone I'm sandboxgod tho

edit2 - (Alright talked to Blizzard ingame lol sorry folks)

kevyward

Oh start of the season beating those legend backs is so satisfying.

Dirty rat Reno feelsgoodman!

Lots of Reno mages today at 15 and decks have all been different including my Reno Mage.

Reno dragon Mage seems bad just faced 1 of those and lost against a super greedy Reno Mage deck.

do you even play rogue? lol, it's not very good against dragon priest right now. you can get face rolled hard, you have no answer 5+ hp minions coming down one after another. lifecoach even said it's unfavored on his stream, they kept losing to priest. They concluded in the end it's the best deck to ladder now that there are not many warlocks around.

Even renolock without jaraxxus is close to 50-50, it's a hard game for warlock still, far from a free win.

I have like a 90% winrate vs priest with miracle rogue. I even remember my losses were far from normal, either by mistake or a complete brick on draw.

Even vS has rogue as favored. Maybe lifecoach's specific list isn't strong against dragon priest or maybe he just wasn't playing the match up well. It's not greatly favored like it used to be because of blade flurry having been nerfed.

The welcome bundle is a great value and it's the only money I've been willing to spend on packs. Most of the class legendaries are great and that's what you're gonna get.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The welcome bundle is just a great value in general. Even if you have most of the cards getting a guaranteed legendary for that price is quite good.

patchday

I have like a 90% winrate vs priest with miracle rogue. I even remember my losses were far from normal, either by mistake or a complete brick on draw.

Even vS has rogue as favored. Maybe lifecoach's specific list isn't strong against dragon priest or maybe he just wasn't playing the match up well. It's not greatly favored like it used to be because of blade flurry having been nerfed.

hey mobius can you share a replay if you ever get a chance? I need to get back on the Miracle bandwagon

hey mobius can you share a replay if you ever get a chance? I need to get back on the Miracle bandwagon

I picked this game out by random. Shows you can beat reno priest even with many mistakes and even when they heal big off reno twice. https://hsreplay.net/replay/UA9pLgqVmGTh3RW3FW7mo6

https://hsreplay.net/replay/22CHRyrzVegga4cq42dN4S - this game vs druid I was just trying to get 1 QA to stick. I think I was like only 1-2 off lethal the turn after I got one to stick.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/8pMo26GYvh5z8XCvwP2X25 - vs renolock, early QA can be quite effective

https://hsreplay.net/replay/uutVfoAPv6dqfEWC6BZjQY - vs aggro shaman, probably the toughest match up.

Lists vary a bit. I was testing a couple different cards. Right now I am running the list on tempostorm's site. It had like 2 card changes over my previous list but I am a fan of them, in particular I like only 1 swashburglar. I think the card misses more than it hits but it's still a good card since it helps combos and pull out patches.

Blizzard

Banned
Fine, you convinced me for the welcome pack since I remembered I had a PayPal balance I could use. :p

Legendary: Grommash Hellscream (he's ugly and I don't have a lot of interest in playing Warrior, but eh)

Other cards:

spiteful smith
flame imp
counterspell
cone of cold (3x)
argent squire
twisting nether
arathi weaponsmith
coldlight oracle
murloc warleader
spellbreaker
explosive shot
mana wyrm (already had 1x)
acolyte of pain
silver hand knight
divine favor
temple enforcer
blessing of wisdom
scarlet crusader
sense demons (already had 1x)
southsea deckhand
sorcerer's apprentice (2x)
circle of healing (2x)
stranglethorn tiger
holy wrath
knife juggler
keeper of the grove
far sight
bloodsail raider
druid of the claw
faerie dragon
coldlight seer (already had 1x)
flare
headcrack
windfury harpy
silvermoon guardian
ancient brewmaster (2x)
frost elemental
snipe
nourish
argent protector
stromforged axe (already had 1x)
pint-sized summoner
tauren warrior
unleash the hounds (already had 1x)
lightspawn

I'm not sure which of these are any good for my limited-card situation, of course. *edit* Because of the 10 dust I got from extras, I can craft a 40-dust card at some point.

patchday

I picked this game out by random. Shows you can beat reno priest even with many mistakes and even when they heal big off reno twice. https://hsreplay.net/replay/UA9pLgqVmGTh3RW3FW7mo6

https://hsreplay.net/replay/22CHRyrzVegga4cq42dN4S - this game vs druid I was just trying to get 1 QA to stick. I think I was like only 1-2 off lethal the turn after I got one to stick.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/8pMo26GYvh5z8XCvwP2X25 - vs renolock, early QA can be quite effective

https://hsreplay.net/replay/uutVfoAPv6dqfEWC6BZjQY - vs aggro shaman, probably the toughest match up.

Lists vary a bit. I was testing a couple different cards. Right now I am running the list on tempostorm's site. It had like 2 card changes over my previous list but I am a fan of them, in particular I like only 1 swashburglar. I think the card misses more than it hits but it's still a good card since it helps combos and pull out patches.

Thanks a lot as always!!! Watched the 1st two replays already :D

Amazing plays against the reno priest dang giving back reno and then taking him down anyways wow. huge help

Fine, you convinced me for the welcome pack since I remembered I had a PayPal balance I could use. :p

Legendary: Grommash Hellscream (he's ugly and I don't have a lot of interest in playing Warrior, but eh)
<3 Grommash. Killed a Renolock at 22 health earlier.

What kind of decks are you interested in playing? Fast, slow, or somewhere in between?

Blizzard

Banned
<3 Grommash. Killed a Renolock at 22 health earlier.

What kind of decks are you interested in playing? Fast, slow, or somewhere in between?
I'd prefer fast if it's feasible without crafting a lot of cards. I'm currently in the "absorbing deckbuilding principles and getting card drops" stage, while playing arena and ranked.

I did check an arena tier list for my latest attempt, so maybe it'll improve my odds.

I'd prefer fast if it's feasible without crafting a lot of cards. I'm currently in the "absorbing deckbuilding principles and getting card drops" stage, while playing arena and ranked.

I did check an arena tier list for my latest attempt, so maybe it'll improve my odds.
Well I'm sure other people have already made suggestions, but Warlock runs a pretty cheap deck that is fairly quick. Zoolock.

Q8D3vil

I've cut Jade spirit/bran from my druid list and its better now, dont know about cenarius instead of ancient, but i will do more tests.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I just realized i don't have Thalnos in my wild reno mage. That's awful right?

Damn need to make room for him somehow.

I'm on my 8th shaman in a row to begin the season. I wonder how long this streak will last lol.

Makes sense, since it's a cheap deck, but my god do the players at these high ranks make some terrible misplays with aggro shaman. It's a matchup I enjoy facing now vs. a tougher one facing them at legend rank.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm on my 8th shaman in a row to begin the season. I wonder how long this streak will last lol.

Makes sense, since it's a cheap deck, but my god do the players at these high ranks make some terrible misplays with aggro shaman. It's a matchup I enjoy facing now vs. a tougher one facing them at legend rank.

Aggro shaman has far more decisions to make than pirate warrior.

Blizzard

Banned
The last 5 games I've played have all started the exact same way. Small Time Bucaneer into Patches into turn 2 weapon.
I had 2 games in a row in Arena today where both players pulled Grimestreet Informant and played him on turn 1 / 2, but that's not as bad as 5 in a row.

been experimenting with a lot of brann zoobot decks this season; have found some interesting hunter, druid and paladin combinations. the dragon package in the game is very strong now and can be used for some lesser known things. wratheon in a dragon heavy deck with azure drakes and historians is making for an interesting hunter model i've been playing, solves the inherit card draw dilema and dragons are still OP in hunter, with book wyrm and twilight guardian filling up much needed holes in the classes weakness

never have i felt the urge to craft chillmaw more than now though, that hole in my collection is burning more than it ever has. almost always nag chillmaw from historians in those classes

patchday

yeah I'm still missing some higher end dragons like Chillmaw, ysera, and deathwing. only enough dust for one legendary not 3 right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom