• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I'm still missing some higher end dragons like Chillmaw, ysera, and deathwing. only enough dust for one legendary not 3 right now

honestly historically ysera has been the best but in the current meta it's way too slow, if i had chillmaw it would make an impact a huge majority of the matchups out there RN

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I just got boned so hard by a golden monkey into Yogg. Gang up on my 8/8 plus the Mine card single handedly stole the game for him. Such a bummer.

scarlet

I'm sandboxgod#1710 (NA) sure it would be awesome to practice

I went back to aggro decks for easy wins. marched right to next rank as soon as I switched to them.

did hit my daily quota for rogue wins (did it on Wild) so I can go gold in a few months. Trying to test out a wild pirate miracle rogue deck

yeah this is why I won't play other CCGs cause they always cost money to get a decent start otherwise you get farmed hard at the beginning. like for Solforge I spent at least $60 when I started to get a decent collection and cause you keep cards from Drafts I get lots of Silver even tho I don't even bother doing the draft. So I can produce up to 2 legendaries a week or so and this is with hardly no playtime. I just logon and concede

I got a daily login farm on Shadowverse too. I neevr play it but I logon to get the free chests. But only planning to go through the SP on Shadowverse

I'm also basically retired on Solforge. I just basically use cheesy Poison decks there to rank up for their monthly awards but its a broken game tho with hardly no dev support.

Was gonna farm Eternal as well (SP content - gauntlets and crap) but trying to work on FFXV so something had to get cut. The other games dont actually require me to play to build collections

I'm Elrond#11517 on NA. I added you in case you don't mind occasional questions. :p

Added you both.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Being greedy with Brann and manic soulcaster is a lot of fun in control matchups.

Duplicate also.

Having 4 kazakus potions or 3 Renos is silly.

Being greedy with Brann and manic soulcaster is a lot of fun in control matchups.

Duplicate also.

Having 4 kazakus potions or 3 Renos is silly.
Had a match with a Reno Mage earlier. Shit was like 40 min and we both played like 3 Reno's each. I got two from Drakonid Operative and then used a dream card on a Reno.
Lost because fucking greater arcane missiles all hit my face and somehow missed both minions I had on board and I was like 6 turns into fatigue

squidyj

do you ever sit back and think that reno control stamps out a lot of slower decks also contributing to proliferation of more aggressive decks?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
do you ever sit back and think that reno control stamps out a lot of slower decks also contributing to proliferation of more aggressive decks?

Reno doesn't stamp them out.

Kazakus plus Reno might be.

There have been more non reno control decks than reno control decks until this meta.

Say you're C'thun Mage.

You play Medivh and get the weapon.

You play Pyroblast on Turn 10. It summons C'thun. Does the C'thun appear as a 6/6 or does it appear with all your buffs?

scarlet

Say you're C'thun Mage.

You play Pyroblast on Turn 10. It summons C'thun. Does the C'thun appear as a 6/6 or does it appear with all your buffs?

6/6

The one who gets buff is the one in your deck/hand. Or if you copy it using faceless manipulator/shambler.

AYS

Neo Member
Say you're C'thun Mage.

It would make sense with how c'thun works that it would be buffed, but hearthstone doesn't always make sense mechanically.

6/6

The one who gets buff is the one in your deck/hand. Or if you copy it using faceless manipulator/shambler.

Explain how buffing a c'thun on board with any c'thun buff makes sense then?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Fun looking back at GAF ratings for gadgetzan cards prerelease.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...CeY_kejaoGd3WCffy9ga_6kqU/edit#gid=1873619558

We really missed it big by having Patches ranked only 7th best card and small time Bucceneer at 8th.

Other than that, Wrathion seemed the most overrated, and Dirty Rat most underrated, but I don't think either were that far off base. We were also a little more hopeful than we should have been about hunter/paladin/non-aggro warrior in general.

Overall not really many surprises in this expansion.

scarlet

It would make sense with how c'thun works that it would be buffed, but hearthstone doesn't always make sense mechanically.

Explain how buffing a c'thun on board with any c'thun buff makes sense then?

It gets buff on board too.

He asked if it's 6/6 or not. I answered.

What more do you want?

vall03

Decided to craft Patches after weeks of trying not to. Went on a 5 win streak and I feel dirty playing Aggro Shaman.

Please forgive me for playing the deck below Rank 20, just want to get Ranked done as fast as possible this month. :(

Dahbomb

Fun looking back at GAF ratings for gadgetzan cards prerelease.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...CeY_kejaoGd3WCffy9ga_6kqU/edit#gid=1873619558

We really missed it big by having Patches ranked only 7th best card and small time Bucceneer at 8th.
Buccaneer is kinda where he belongs. I don't know how anyone didn't rate Patches as a 5 initially, I guess people trusted in Blizzard's balancing team too much and figured they would've tested the card that has been in the making for 2 years thoroughly.

Overall the top 10 of GAF is pretty solid.

Dragonfire Potion
Drakonid Operative
Kazakus
Raza the Chained
Abyssal Enforcer
Aya Blackpaw
Patches the Pirate
Small-Time Buccaneer
Mistress of Mixtures
Kabal Talon Priest

Overrated is Hobart. I am already feeling that I am gong to be put on blast for that one. Inkmaster Solia too.

patchday

Decided to craft Patches after weeks of trying not to. Went on a 5 win streak and I feel dirty playing Aggro Shaman.

Please forgive me for playing the deck below Rank 20, just want to get Ranked done as fast as possible this month. :(

Yeah I am still working on FFXV so probably won't be too active this month on ranked it seems especially now that my Christmas break is over and I am returning to work ;(

I should just be like my coworker and play Hearthstone all day (but ofc he eventually wore that out). It's a bit of a tough sale to say even a turn based game isn't a distraction LOL

scarlet

Yeah I am still working on FFXV so probably won't be too active this month on ranked it seems especially now that my Christmas break is over and I am returning to work ;(

I should just be like my coworker and play Hearthstone all day (but ofc he eventually wore that out). It's a bit of a tough sale to say even a turn based game isn't a distraction LOL

Same. Can only play at lunch break or after work. Is there anyone here older than 30?

Kinda wanna play arena this week. But instead of that I bought another 40 dust pack.

Levi

Banned
Kazakus vs Patches: Tempo Storm Meta Snapshot 2 Jan 2017

Tier 1
  • Aggro Shaman
  • Pirate Warrior
  • Mid-Range Shaman
  • Reno Mage
  • Renolock
  • Miracle Rogue
Tier 2
  • Control Warrior
  • Dragon Priest
  • Dragon Warrior
  • Ramp Druid
Tier 3
  • Jade Druid
  • Reno Priest
  • Control Shaman
  • Freeze Mage
  • Menagerie Druid
  • Tempo Mage
  • Pirate Rogue
Tier 4
  • Evolve Shaman
  • Jade Rogue
  • Anyfin Paladin
  • Zoolock
  • OTK Priest
  • Secret Hunter
  • Hand Buff Paladin
Tier 5
  • Gang Up Patches Rogue

If we believe the subjective analysts at TempoStorm, tier one is three aggro decks, two control decks, and one midrange deck.

Compared to last meta when tier one was two not-that-different Shaman decks.

The Crusher Shaman deck on hearthstonetopdecks is a blast to play. I crafted a ton of stuff to get it and ditched White Eyes (didn't craft) for a Swamp Ooze b/c that card should be mandatory in every single deck.

It is doing well for me so far. Thinking about trying to incorporate a windfury in there to give me more burst.

DSmalls84

The Crusher Shaman deck on hearthstonetopdecks is a blast to play. I crafted a ton of stuff to get it and ditched White Eyes (didn't craft) for a Swamp Ooze b/c that card should be mandatory in every single deck.

It is doing well for me so far. Thinking about trying to incorporate a windfury in there to give me more burst.

How is that performing on ladder for you? Been thinking of crafting a Control Shaman deck for a while now.

30 here as well. If anyone wants to add me I am DSmalls84#1321.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Buccaneer is kinda where he belongs. I don't know how anyone didn't rate Patches as a 5 initially, I guess people trusted in Blizzard's balancing team too much and figured they would've tested the card that has been in the making for 2 years thoroughly.

Overall the top 10 of GAF is pretty solid.

Dragonfire Potion
Drakonid Operative
Kazakus
Raza the Chained
Abyssal Enforcer
Aya Blackpaw
Patches the Pirate
Small-Time Buccaneer
Mistress of Mixtures
Kabal Talon Priest

Overrated is Hobart. I am already feeling that I am gong to be put on blast for that one. Inkmaster Solia too.

I think dragonfire potion is ever so slightly overrated and Kazakus is ever so slightly underrated. Kazakus is the most powerful card in the game now.

Buccaneer gives patches like 80% of its relevance outside warrior. Otherwise you would see patches being run in every class for the good opener that matches other patches openers. He almost certainly wouldn't be run in rogue without buccaneer.

2 pirates is pretty low to run patches but rogue can make a simple stonetusk boar work as well because of combo and cold blood.
Without STB I'd probably not run any pirates at all but once you play Swashburglar patches is an easy include already.

Dahbomb

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SMzrdUuM88LEK2y9SAmP0x5WOAitVz9-vbN9puHj-uk/edit?usp=sharing

We rated both of these cards a 4. I would say Inkmaster Solia is probably a 3. My inclination is that Hobart is also a 3 but I've never played him so I couldn't be sure.
Both of those cards seem like a 2 to me right now.

We basically said that if Reno Mage is a thing then Inkmaster would see play. Reno Mage is seeing play but Inkmaster isn't which means that even in a deck designed around it, it doesn't make the cut. It's probably a bit better than Krul which I had it as a 2 but still not that good.

Hobart would have seen play in Pirate Warrior (and it was at start) but it's not seeing play even in that now. I don't see any Warrior deck playing it now.

patchday

Honestly I don't care about a card's score since, to be frank, a card's rating isn't helpful for building decks without taking into the deck synergy. For instance, Swashburglar is much more effective when used with Etheral Peddeller or with other pirates but alone you'd have to score it on being played solely as a turn 1 play.

I like to use Hobart in some decks to make my weapons hit a little harder. Plus, if he gets stolen by a Priest somehow he doesn't screw you as hard as say- Undead huckster can (by giving them a card)

But like I said- I don't really care about a spreadsheet or card ratings individually. I think a much more valuable tool is something like HearthArena which takes synergy into account to help people build Arena decks

Not trying to offend anyone though I can understand the allure of sitting around a desk and theorycrafting somewhat lol.

But I'm more of a Warrior. I take the tools I am given and go to war.

ZealousD

Both of those cards seem like a 2 to me right now.

We basically said that if Reno Mage is a thing then Inkmaster would see play. Reno Mage is seeing play but Inkmaster isn't which means that even in a deck designed around it, it doesn't make the cut. It's probably a bit better than Krul which I had it as a 2 but still not that good.

Hobart would have seen play in Pirate Warrior (and it was at start) but it's not seeing play even in that now. I don't see any Warrior deck playing it now.

Solia - I still see Reno Mage decks that include her. The VS Deck Radar for Reno Mage shows her on the fringe as a tech choice in that deck. She's a fair card, not a bad one.

Hobart - Are Pirate Warrior decks in Wild running him? Do those decks run 6+ weapons? I'm sort of thinking that's where Hobart would possibly be good.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Solia - I still see Reno Mage decks that include her. The VS Deck Radar for Reno Mage shows her on the fringe as a tech choice in that deck. She's a fair card, not a bad one.

Hobart - Are Pirate Warrior decks in Wild running him? Do those decks run 6+ weapons? I'm sort of thinking that's where Hobart would possibly be good.

As far as I've seen no deck runs Hobart in Wild or otherwise. I played him for a while in the Wild version of Pirate warrior, and then cut him due to being too slow and not impactful enough compared with another 2 or 3 drop with charge. 2 mana 2/2 is ok stats, but you are really relying on those weapons to pay off down the road to make up for the tempo loss, and upgrade and the bloodsail gnome do that so much better.

patchday

As far as I've seen no deck runs Hobart in Wild or otherwise. I played him for a while in the Wild version of Pirate warrior, and then cut him due to being too slow and not impactful enough compared with another 2 or 3 drop with charge. 2 mana 2/2 is ok stats, but you are really relying on those weapons to pay off down the road to make up for the tempo loss, and upgrade and the bloodsail gnome do that so much better.

Hm, yeah an Argent Horserider could be a bit more useful instead of Hobart in a Pirate Warrior.

zoukka

Btw: is this the first time in HS history when control decks are the king of ladder? Before Reno rotates, reno based decks are clearly overpowered as fuck. As much as I enjoy playing control and combo it's not healthy for the game for midrange and aggro being dead.

Things will of course change after rotation.

ZealousD

Reno decks are not as overpowered as fuck and aggro/midrange aren't dead. Come on, son.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Btw: is this the first time in HS history when control decks are the king of ladder? Before Reno rotates, reno based decks are clearly overpowered as fuck. As much as I enjoy playing control and combo it's not healthy for the game for midrange and aggro being dead.

Lol.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
LOL?
Midrange is and will always be hella strong. Aggro likewise has at least 2 decks that are really strong.

I have a deep abiding suspicion that once TGT, BRM and LOE rotate that Shaman is going to need to recieve some big help in order to stay relevant. They got some good tools for a control style deck in MSG, but without insane early game like Tunnel Trogg and Totem Golem, I am unsure what that class will do. I'm sure Blizzard will print something in the new sets to help, but obviously I have no idea what those will be.

I'm a bit excited to see what the Standard card pool will look like at the end of this year. It will be as big at it will ever get at that point (4 expansions and 2 adventures + base set). Compared to this year (3 adventures and 3 expansions). That is a good several hundred cards bigger so hopefully there will be some space for them to finally fill out the kinds of archetypes for each deck so every class ins't essentially pigeonholed into 1 type of deck.

ZealousD

I have a deep abiding suspicion that once TGT, BRM and LOE rotate that Shaman is going to need to recieve some big help in order to stay relevant. They got some good tools for a control style deck in MSG, but without insane early game like Tunnel Trogg and Totem Golem, I am unsure what that class will do. I'm sure Blizzard will print something in the new sets to help, but obviously I have no idea what those will be.

Well, they will still have very powerful cards like Spirit Claws, Maelstrom Portal, Jinyu Waterspeaker, the Jade Package, and White Eyes. The class will probably evolve into a slower Midrange Jade archetype, possibly with N'Zoth. I think they will still be in a better position than say, Paladin.

I don't find Reno overpowered. It's just annoying when you spend all game fighting for board and when you finally get an advantage he pops Reno and you have to start all over again.

Dahbomb

Control decks aren't king at all, Patches decks are kings. Midrange decks are relevant through Midrange Shaman, Dragon Warrior and Dragon Priest.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Arent Aggro and Midrange Shaman legit good?
Blizzy really likes Aggro so it wont ever go away.

ZealousD

Patches did this thing where all aggro decks must be PPP now. If you're aggro and you aren't running PPP, you fall behind on Turn 1 and you can never recover.

The only way Zoo or Hunter can ever recover from this is if they nerf Patches or they get something stupid like a 1 mana 2/4 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom