• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

I first clicked it and thought I had clicked something wrong because the tier list looked like the Standard tier list.

Seems about right from my own experience as well. Not sure if I would put Renolock with those other tier 1 decks though.
AFAIK

#1 and #2 wild legend last season is renolock player, so maybe its based on that

patchday

Man that Aggro Shaman deck of Wild is just the standard list but with two Crackles thrown in LOL!

Pirate Warrior is Standard PW with Ship's Cannon thrown in and Deaths Bite instead of Arcanite Reaper.

Now that's god damn power creep.

oh yeah I run Pirate Warrior in Wild using ship cannons and Death's Bite. I felt like shit though the last time I ran that deck cause this poor pally was all nice greeting me and saying 'Well Played' after he lost. ever since then I think I never used that deck again in Wild. Got killed with Kindness

Dahbomb

AFAIK

#1 and #2 wild legend last season is renolock player, so maybe its based on that
Yeah last season people were still figuring stuff out and Renolock was deemed this unbeatable deck by many. Now it's a lot more manageable for the other decks.

I am not disputing Renolock being really good but when you face off against some of the degenerate stuff on Wild it feels fair at times.

patchday

ooo that aggro shaman deck with Crackle looks like fun I might give that a whirl. I was thinking only Crackle was usable for Aggro Shaman in Wild

Secret Paladin finally dethroned and not really surprising. One of the ways people used to beat Secret Paladin was to just play faster. Deathrattle minions just can't keep up with this new aggression. Like you play a Haunted Crepe and think you have played one of the best two drops in the game and secured board but they just continue to go face. Secret Pally lacks the heals and their first taunt comes down turn 5. It very possible that Secret Pally will adapt by using PPP too.

I posted their secret paladin list above, it's already running PPP but for some reason they think it's fine to relinquish the board and are playing a greedy list instead. I'd still consider Secret Paladin Tier 1 in wild from my experience.

Dahbomb

I lost against Secret Paladin the most playing Renolock because they always manage to have Divine Favor in their top 10 cards.

Man that Aggro Shaman deck of Wild is just the standard list but with two Crackles thrown in LOL!

Pirate Warrior is Standard PW with Ship's Cannon thrown in and Deaths Bite instead of Arcanite Reaper.

Now that's god damn power creep.

aggro wild shaman is just crackles and loatheb, no idea why they wouldn't play it, it shuts down so many plays

and IMO with deaths bite replacing arcanite, captain greenskin is too much value not to run in wild PW. can slap him down on curve right after death's bite and he's a pirate and he's a body that has to be answered.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
aggro shaman deck .... looks like fun

People have fun playing Aggro Shaman?

Every time I try to play Aggro Shaman it makes me want to kill myself. It's literally the only deck I refuse to play.

patchday

Oh yeah I like playing aggro decks it's really fun as long as the opponent isn't being all nice for no reason lol. That paladin really affected me. No one ever speaks if I'm on Warrior let alone greet me and say 'well played'

(Aggro shaman is esp fun though since it has so many nuclear options)

Levi

Banned
Someone greets me at the beginning of the game and then Well Plays me at the end and I hate that person and hope they stub their toe every day for a year. I guess I'm not much of a "benefit of the doubt" guy when it comes to BM.

I made Dragon Priests on my two F2P accounts--without BRM, LOE or TGT besides my HCT packs on my Asia account and without BRM on my EU account.

jDwqHny.png
wPv7j17.png

Doing stupid shit like making these decks is why I like having F2P accounts.

Making my own decks with limited resources means I am forced to be creative with my substitutions. I'm not the greatest deck builder in the world but I enjoy the process of making and refining a deck, it's just kind of pointless to do when you have a full collection because there other people who do it so much better. It's freeing on my "fun" accounts not to have that option.

Playing these decks, I feel like Dragon Priest isn't going to just die when BRM rotates even if the archetype doesn't get a bunch of support in the next card release. Drakonid Operative alone will keep the archetype relevant.

fertygo

Resource management of aggro shaman can be fun

super uber broken card like tunnel trogg, spirit claw, n patches made it far esier than its should've tho

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
is patches hard coded to sort itself to the top of the deck if you're facing a rogue? fuck.

patchday

jade druid decks are complete assholeish creations

it's amazing

staghelm is such a sexy card

I am so bad with jade druid. will try again at some point

Someone greets me at the beginning of the game and then Well Plays me at the end and I hate that person and hope they stub their toe every day for a year. I guess I'm not much of a "benefit of the doubt" guy when it comes to BM.

lol!

Resource management of aggro shaman can be fun

super uber broken card like tunnel trogg, spirit claw, n patches made it far esier than its should've tho

lost to a pally running pirates ;(

got to 16 really fast but now i have to stop and think. Better opponents now

Blizzard

Banned
When you mulligan card(s) at the start, are they shuffled BEFORE you draw? I'm seeing conflicting comment(s) online, and at least one official source that no longer exists.

I saw someone say the proper functionality is that it's impossible to get the same card back (e.g. you shuffle a legendary and can never get it back with the mulligan draw). However, I also saw claims that bugs may have existed where you could. Was this ever resolved?

luoapp

When you mulligan card(s) at the start, are they shuffled BEFORE you draw? I'm seeing conflicting comment(s) online, and at least one official source that no longer exists.

I saw someone say the proper functionality is that it's impossible to get the same card back (e.g. you shuffle a legendary and can never get it back with the mulligan draw). However, I also saw claims that bugs may have existed where you could. Was this ever resolved?

It doesn't matter because it doesn't affect your play.

I don't understand they didnt give Tempo mages anything but a middle finger this expansion. Only card I could work in is er- Manic soulcaster so I can dupe flamewaker

Guess I'll go netdeck. I hope it's not gonna be a bunch of doomsayers. Checking now

edit: Seeing a lot of Freeze mage decks for gadgetzan. Looks like I am fated to always be hated by my opponents lol. At least havent gotten any rage friend requests lately ever since I stopped playing Hunter & reno rogue (actually it was renolock that got me the last rage friend request I declined in Wild)

There are several different ways to build tempo mage without even looking at new cards. If you're running a tempo mage meant to thrive in a different meta, you'll be doing yourself a huge disservice.

You really always want to be adjusting you deck to the meta. Sometimes it's small changes, sometimes it's larger changes.

The cards you mulligan can't be redrawn in the mulligan phase but can be your first draw off the top once the game starts on turn 1.

Htown

As far as I know, you cannot mulligan away a card and get that copy of the card back.

I do find that a lot of the time, unless you're running a Reno style deck, you have a surprisingly high chance of just getting another copy of that card. I can't even remember how many times I've sent back a couple cards and pulled the same two cards in the same order.

patchday

Mulligan-- ive never seen my same card come back

Alright rank 15 in Wild. normally I park at 15 but might keep going... I ended up switching to my bread & butter wild warrior (runs Hobart but beyond that typical wild pirate war). Warrior seems to have gotten much better match ups for some reason.

Now my only predicament is where to run my quests ;( I'm not going to want to lose rank in either Wild or Standard :/

There are several different ways to build tempo mage without even looking at new cards. If you're running a tempo mage meant to thrive in a different meta, you'll be doing yourself a huge disservice.

You really always want to be adjusting you deck to the meta. Sometimes it's small changes, sometimes it's larger changes.

I really meant to try tempo mage but my Warrior just ran over a well played one that did exactly what I would've done. I fear I've been corrupted by all these easy wins with pirates. Once you cross over to the dark side....

(Top voted decks I saw on hearthpwn were all freeze mages too so I'm more likely to try that since I love the big nuke--- pyroblast)

[edit] Still will welcome a balance pass if one ever happens tho because Patches & Co have become my crutch as well as Leeroy. Plus Tempo mage....

scarlet

Just killed a Reno priest with malygos + azure Drake + 2 holy Nova.

Brann and 2 historian gave me 3 malygos and 1 deathwing. Oh I love dragon priest so much.

Blizzard

Banned
I think this is now my 5th arena run in a row without mage as an option. Is that a 13% chance of happening or is my math wrong?

Jadax

damn, playing against pirate warrior feels like some Dark Souls shit at times
No, that would be playing against renolock - slow, it takes time to hit him, get him low on hp - and then suddenly boom! Reno comes out, followed by a bunch of high mana-creeps that fuck your shit up. You sit there watching and wondering what happened and how. You decide you won't let it happen again. But it does. It happens a lot.

Miletius

I think this is now my 5th arena run in a row without mage as an option. Is that a 13% chance of happening or is my math wrong?

Each run is an independent event, so the odds of you not getting mage for any of the 5 runs is the same as not getting mage for 1 run. Math would be 1 - ((7/8) * (6/7) * (5/6)) = 1 - (210 / 336) = 37.5 % to not have mage as one of your 3 picks for an individual run.

Warlock is better anyways right now.

squidyj

Each run is an independent event, so the odds of you not getting mage for any of the 5 runs is the same as not getting mage for 1 run. Math would be 1 - ((7/8) * (6/7) * (5/6)) = 1 - (210 / 336) = 37.5 % to not have mage as one of your 3 picks for an individual run.

Warlock is better anyways right now.

what? no that's wrong.

p(!mage) = 8/9 * 7/8 * 6/7 = 2/3
so the probablity of not getting mage on a single run is ~66%

for independent events p1 and p2 the probability of p1 and p2 together is equal to
the probability of p1 times the probability of p2.

let n = p(!mage)
n && n && n && n && n = n ^ 5 ~= 0.13

so yeah, around 13% chance.

to further reiterate.

there's 504 combinations of 9 classes and 3 picks without repeating and considering ordering. Without mage there's 56 combinations of 8 classes and 2 picks, times 3 because of each position mage can take that makes 168, 168/504 is also 1/3rd.

Tomcat

i am rank 9 right now on wild and only saw one sp until now. Its in not in a good position right now. It loses from all the aggro decks and the control ones.

How is that performing on ladder for you? Been thinking of crafting a Control Shaman deck for a while now.

30 here as well. If anyone wants to add me I am DSmalls84#1321.

tried it some and changed a lot of it. there really isn't enough draw and its too slow. Also for some reason I'm running into a lot of priests so the n'zoth stuff just gets entombed its dumb.

I ditched nzoth/sylv/cairne. didn't have white eyes, maybe that makes it better.

Put in Rag (b/c Rag + Resurrect is really good), a mana tide totem and a bog creeper. More fun so far.

I've been a lot more busy lately and as a result I don't really try to climb the latter. My new enjoyment is making gimmicky decks or rng heavy decks and trying them out. They are super fun to play, but they aren't competitive in the least. Who know though, last season I jumped down to 9 in a little over an hour on pirate warrior, so maybe I can climb rank later if I feel like it, but my dumb decks get crushed past 16

DSmalls84

tried it some and changed a lot of it. there really isn't enough draw and its too slow. Also for some reason I'm running into a lot of priests so the n'zoth stuff just gets entombed its dumb.

I ditched nzoth/sylv/cairne. didn't have white eyes, maybe that makes it better.

Put in Rag (b/c Rag + Resurrect is really good), a mana tide totem and a bog creeper. More fun so far.

I think White Eyes probably does make it better. It adds a lot of extra taunt to the deck and N'Zoth will resummon it.

Magnus

Someone help me understand what's wonderful about Patches? In every single instance where my opponent had him, he came out, did his 1 charge damage to my face, and subsequently died the next turn via one spell or minion or something else.

Someone help me understand what's wonderful about Patches? In every single instance where my opponent had him, he came out, did his 1 charge damage to my face, and subsequently died the next turn via one spell or minion or something else.

The short answer is that it's a free 1/1 charger, that you don't pay mana for nor a card. Whatever your opponent spends on the card is more than what you paid for it. And in matches where control of the board is important in the early game, it's an extremely relevant body for tempo. And sometimes patches just deals 4-5 damage to face... for literally nothing paid.

patchday

(missed this post)

My friend and I said the same thing when expansion came out. We were like this lil snot gonna die next turn...

Then we looked at Pirate Warrior decks and saw the amazing synergy. My buddy felt the pirate war decks he looked up had the greatest synergy he ever saw. I immediately crafted Patches and started enjoying consistent win streak

As mentioned many times Patches:
- Thins your deck a little, making it more consistent to get good draws
- sometimes can stick around to do chip damage
- STB and Bloodsail Cultist

I think its STB that's the crazy powerful one though.

Htown

I actually think nerfing STB makes nerfing patches really unnecessary. If patches was that great on his own, you'd see him in non-weapon classes.

Right, but that spell or minion attack is a resource you otherwise wouldn't have had to use, for a minion that didn't really cost anything to play. That spell could have been used to kill a more powerful minion, and that minion could have been used to trade more favorably.

Actually, it's usually correct to ignore Patches if Small Time Buccaneer is the pirate that pulls him out, because STB will do a lot more damage if you ignore it. In which case Patches isn't just 1 damage, it's 2 or 3 damage that can be used to whittle down your life total or fight for the board when you put your own minions out.

Levi

Banned
Played two terrible reno warlocks in a row. One guy dirty ratted me on kurve and then couldn't remove my board which eventually snowballed and killed him.

The second renolock decided not to tap on turn 2, clearly advertising the lack of reno in his hand and giving me the go-ahead to go all-in with face damage.

This forum isn't the place to get a fair look at the strengths and weaknesses of that card. It's an article of faith around here that Patches is the Most Broken Card to Ever Be Released in the History of Hearthstone and dissent from that viewpoint is not tolerated.

Notice that the other card in that farcical deckbuilding guide is Kazakus, yet any suggestion that Kazakus might be overpowered is met with scorn and mockery, the same as anyone who doesn't worship at the altar of Reno Jackson, which is apparently the only well designed card in the whole game and anyone frustrated by playing against nothing but Reno decks is clearly lying because besides the people who post here the entire meta is people playing "unfair" Pirates decks.

It's almost like it's only okay for Control decks to get overpowered cards, but anything that enables aggro is inherently unbalanced. Hmmm.

To your point, Patches is overpowered. You had to spend resources (mana, a card, a trade, something) to remove something that cost your opponent literally nothing to summon. To your other point, it's a fucking Stonetusk Boar so at the end of the day who really gives a shit? Not me. If it wasn't for Small Time Bucaneer, Patches would be a niche card choice in bad warrior and rogue decks.

I actually think nerfing STB makes nerfing patches really unnecessary. If patches was that great on his own, you'd see him in non-weapon classes.

Well, we actually have seen patches in non-weapon classes. But that is a weird metric to base it off of. There are very very few, if frankly any, pirate cards that are worthy of being ran in non-weapon classes. You generally don't want to run a bad card in the hope you draw it before patches. When you do draw it, it's still probably a bad card and patches summoned for free might even be situationally weak at that point. If you can't leverage patches in a strong way, you're getting the lowest mileage out of both cards.

Even undertaker was not ran in every deck before it was nerfed.

STB on the other hand doesn't bother me at all. It's a 2 health minion, dies to almost all AOE and removal in the game. Weak to weapon hate. And is an actual 1 drop worth playing in rogue. Granted right now it feels pretty mandatory but only because of patches imo. Maybe you still run STB if patches is nerfed in specific decks, but perhaps not all rogue decks.

This forum isn't the place to get a fair look at the strengths and weaknesses of that card. It's an article of faith around here that Patches is the Most Broken Card to Ever Be Released in the History of Hearthstone and dissent from that viewpoint is not tolerated.

All opinions on patches has been tolerated. Just express it an a respectful manner which I frankly don't think your post does.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
No combo reno lock is definitely the way to go, early game is so much better and doesnt feel clogged with combo cards.

What are you replacing them with that's so much better in the early game?

I feel like PO should be run regardless. Synergizes with sylvanas, shadow flame, good removal with minions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom