• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
If getting rid of Reno means they can print more powerful heals in general than I don't mind. If aggro is getting tools like STB & Patches, then control needs more heals and better, cheaper taunts. Reno gives those, but nothing is stopping them from printing another card that does something similar. Gives Armor instead of healing, or makes your hero immune, or wipes the board and plays a bunch of taunts or who knows what else.

Change is good for a card game and though I will lament Reno's loss, I'm hopeful that sets like MSG will keep giving Reno decks something to play even without Reno himself.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Rotating is better. Nerfs are likely to have the same impact, except it'll destroy archetypes forever. Perfect example is blade flurry nerf. I'd rather have that card been rotated than nerfed so you could play oil rogue in wild, which is something I had been looking forward to until the nerf. Instead, while we still have blade flurry in standard it is still useless and it is also useless in wild so they might as well have deleted it from the game.

I'm sure some people want to see nerfs just so they can dust the cards, but that is a pretty poor and selfish motivation.

It should between just 2 choices. Leave classic cards as is to satisfy newer F2P players with not many cards, or rotate cards to wild with full dust refunds to satisfy long time players who want a more rapidly moving meta.

Assuming there's full dust refunds, there's really no drawback for anyone to rotating cards to wild over nerfs. Even the F2P players upset about their decks being killed by it can still play in wild, which isn't ideal but certainly better than never being able to use it anywhere.

I kinda get why F2P players don't want to see things like Azure Drake, Rag, and Sylvanus go. They've moved away from great general purpose neutral cards in the new expansions, so it would be much harder do things like copy a deck you are only missing a couple of cards in, and throwing one of those general purpose cards to even it out.

It's a clear split on what experienced players and newer players want, and I think blizzard has to choose which player base to please there. I maybe biased as an experienced player, but I think the full dust refund and shrinking the list of must craft cards should be a lot more enticing to new players than evergreen cards would be to long time players.

I'm a f2p player and IDGAF whether they give refunds or not. I'd rather see them do what they think is necessary to make the game improve, that is what I care about most. And newer players? Sorry, but they gotta realize not every decision is about the new player. Sometimes you get the short end of the stick when MP games change. It's not that I don't understand their issues, it's just that I find the value of a stronger standard mode outweighs their issues by far.

The day they phase out Innervate is the day I stop playing.

They won't but I am pretty sure people wish they would.

I can't think of a single card that would stop me from playing the game if rotated. Maybe if they rotate rogue, paladin, and mage... the entire classes, I would stop playing.

If getting rid of Reno means they can print more powerful heals in general than I don't mind. If aggro is getting tools like STB & Patches, then control needs more heals and better, cheaper taunts. Reno gives those, but nothing is stopping them from printing another card that does something similar. Gives Armor instead of healing, or makes your hero immune, or wipes the board and plays a bunch of taunts or who knows what else.

Change is good for a card game and though I will lament Reno's loss, I'm hopeful that sets like MSG will keep giving Reno decks something to play even without Reno himself.

Liar's Betrayal
10 mana rogue spell
Destroy all minions, summon a 4/5 taunt for each minion destroyed, and heal your hero for 5 health for each minion destroyed

And the card art is ben brode laughing

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
All of of the current Reno/Kazakus decks probably just won't exist with Reno gone, is the thing. This archetype needs a card like Reno to shut down all the burn decks in order to be viable. I don't see how Kazakus carries the archetype on its back by itself. Maybe the Highlander deck goes in some weird direction. Who wants to play a Kazoo deck?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
All of of the current Reno/Kazakus decks probably just won't exist with Reno gone, is the thing. This archetype needs a card like Reno to shut down all the burn decks in order to be viable. I don't see how Kazakus carries the archetype on its back by itself. Maybe the Highlander deck goes in some weird direction. Who wants to play a Kazoo deck?

He definitely can't carry it by himself. But if they print another card in those classes next expansion? Or a Neutral card that actually gives the option to decks that never had access to Kazakus? You might get to a viable deck just by sheer volume by the end of 2017. If they add 2-3 of these cards per expansion you'll have all the MSG, + 2 expansions worth of them by the end of this year. That's probably enough to make a deck if they all have powerful effects. And in Wild it will mean you have to start cutting the least useful of them to make room for stuff like Bran and normal minions. Interesting times.

Consider at that at the end of they year we'll have a cardbase that is like 150ish more cards than currently (rotating 2 adventures and replacing them with expansions, assuming expansions are 130ish and adventures are 40ish). Hopefully with that extra space they can come up with some cool ideas to make Reno-style decks relevant even in the insane aggro meta that we seem to be in for the foreseeable future.

Mulgrok

Drakonid operative is powerful, but I still have a 75% win rate with only 1 in my dragon reno priest deck. No problems beating dragon priest with it so far.

Miletius

There are a lot fewer answers to big Van Cleefs in the current meta. Basically just SW:Death and Hex.

That really isn't Blizzards' fault though, that's kinda on people who choose to tech decks without hard removal. I think a big VC is frustrating, but every class has access to efficient hard removal (except, perhaps, Druid). Not saying they ought to make the choice to tech against a big VC but the option is there. Of any complaints about individual cards I think this one is the least valid.

Ironically, in the current meta, it is rogue who is best equipped to deal with early big bombs via sap. Renolock is second with Blastcrystal and Siphon Soul.

jgminto

That really isn't Blizzards' fault though, that's kinda on people who choose to tech decks without hard removal. I think a big VC is frustrating, but every class has access to efficient hard removal (except, perhaps, Druid). Not saying they ought to make the choice to tech against a big VC but the option is there. Of any complaints about individual cards I think this one is the least valid.

Ironically, in the current meta, it is rogue who is best equipped to deal with early big bombs via sap. Renolock is second with Blastcrystal and Siphon Soul.
Warrior decks that could support a nerfed Execute were pushed out by Jade Druid, Mage has Poly but any decks that would run that would only run one copy, Paladin and Hunter are bottom tier so it doesn't really matter whether they have answers and if Warlock uses Blastcrystal on Turn 4 they've probably lost that game.

Miletius

Warrior decks that could support a nerfed Execute were pushed out by Jade Druid, Mage has Poly but any decks that would run that would only run one copy, Paladin and Hunter are bottom tier so it doesn't really matter whether they have answers and if Warlock uses Blastcrystal on Turn 4 they've probably lost that game.

Regardless, if VC was such a big problem that you needed an answer to him you'd tech in your removal. He's not actually, so nobody actually techs it in. Nerfing VC would only encourage the type of deck that benefits the most from not putting in removal, i.e. very aggressive decks that choose to drop it for more early damage. A perfect example of this is shaman, who have been dropping hexes in response to the aggro meta. Instead of keeping hexes, they've been putting in more early game in the hope to close out the game before they need their hexes. One way to punish that is to have an early game bomb that demands a response.

Pooya

I don't think they will touch any of the class legs... because they just started selling them in welcome bundle. None of them are even close to problematic or meta defining or whatever. They're just solid synergistic cards. They don't create specific ever green decks. That's what they want to avoid, not removing every good card lol.

Pooya

earthshock, best answer. It answers twilight drake and doomsayer too. I saw some shamans running it against me. At worst it will kill some pirates with spelldamage in other games. It's actually pretty good right now, people just follow whatever netdeck is on the meta. no one has any creativity. Then they complain about everything.

Not every class is supposed to have answers to everything either, weaknesses should exist.

Cat Party

It's true. Kazakus and Raza are enough reason to play a "Reno" Priest deck right now.

Triz

5-0 on my Warlock Arena run deck as follows:

Mistress of Mixtures x2
Mortal coil
Possessed Villager
Soulfire
Bonegaurd Lieutenant
Dark Peddler
Darkbomb
Mechwarper
Micro Machine
Nerubian Egg
Demonwrath
Hired Gun
Kabal Courier x2
Toxic Sewer ooze
Blastcrystal Potion
Crystal Weaver
Hellfire x2
Summoning Portal
Twilight Drake
Antique Healbot x2
Floating Watcher
Boulderfist Ogre x2
Abyssal Enforcer
Fearsome Doomgard
Force Tank Max

Deck seems really strong, what are chances of 12 wins?

Reno is fun to beat. They drop reno, rope out a bit because they're waiting for you to concede. Meanwhile, you're not out of the game. In fact, you've thought ahead. You knew they were going to heal for full. Your deck can do some crazy stuff with the time you've bought and dealing 60 damage over the course of a game is not only possible, but planned for from a very early stage of the game. Then you unleash hell all over them.

.eJwNzEEKwyAQQNG7uI86JhqTE3TfA4iYQQOJBme6Kr173X148L_i0y-xi8L80K7UcVJq_ZDErceMMreWL4zPSTK1W0XmmMqNlUmBA7DrorW2YL3ejFfGjXIanIdtiFtn9cLYuYxdxfBOHbFSaRzATMZM4AJYqWdpF_nULH5_NS0smQ.4f0PFDTydOJ4bEWh-z8rQklxprM

Blizzard

Banned
Reno is fun to beat. They drop reno, rope out a bit because they're waiting for you to concede. Meanwhile, you're not out of the game. In fact, you've thought ahead. You knew they were going to heal for full. Your deck can do some crazy stuff with the time you've bought and dealing 60 damage over the course of a game is not only possible, but planned for from a very early stage of the game. Then you unleash hell all over them.
Dealing 60 damage isn't fun for me, just annoying. One of the reasons I like Hearthstone is that I can potentially finish a match in 10-15 minutes.

fertygo

Tilted af only face aggro with Rogue, switch to control warrior = me happy

Alley Armorsmith is my new Reno
Dealing 60 damage isn't fun for me, just annoying. One of the reasons I like Hearthstone is that I can potentially finish a match in 10-15 minutes.

I love Reno because I like my game last more than 3 minute

what can you tech when u gonna lose on turn 5 lol

they already tech ships cannon for more power too lol

turn two with coin

ship cannon nzoth mate with patches coming. That's 6 damage incoming

turn 4 death spike so no need to play arcanite too

good luck with your tech cards :)

if you are literally facing almost all PW and AS on the ladder as you say you are, deathlord, velens chosen, flash heal/circle of healing/auchanai, wild pyromancer, sludge belcher, bruiser, doomsayer, dirty rat with shadow words, potion of madnessx2 with shrinkmeister. this is how you play wild. you're facing almost all aggro, put together a package like that which PW and AS simply cannot beat. take a core like that, and squeak in whatever win condition you want; devils advocate lets say you add sylvanas and nzoth. pack the rest of your deck for value and voila. You won't lose to a PW. Unfortunately aggro does not take up more than 50% of the wild meta as it's pretty damn varied, the second you steer towards that you're going to get wrecked by every reno mage and reno warlock on the wild grid which there are many. but by all means if you build a deck in a way like that there's no way a PW beats you without a nasty opening. ok they took down a t1 doomsayer, they can't beat a deck like that built to beat them if that's REALLY all you're facing (not even all just 55%, but it's not)

Blizzard

Banned
I am convinced that priest players are the slowest of all types of players. Half the time I'm not even sure what they're pondering.

spoon!

I am convinced that priest players are the slowest of all types of players. Half the time I'm not even sure what they're pondering.

MSOG introduced the Priest class to Hearthstone, so it's only natural that players have to spend time reading the card text.

they are salt farmers constantly pondering which play will make you throw your phone against the wall fastest

when i get beat by pirate warriors or shamans i'm like, alright, they beat me whatever, 2 minutes of my life gone thats fine

when i get beat by a priest i'm just offended at how perfect their removal is and how i'm always 1 damage short of knocking off their most important minion on the board or of lethal or how they stole the perfect card from my deck and beat me over the head with it after slapping me with a fish for 18 minutes

Tomcat

if you are literally facing almost all PW and AS on the ladder as you say you are, deathlord, velens chosen, flash heal/circle of healing/auchanai, wild pyromancer, sludge belcher, bruiser, doomsayer, dirty rat with shadow words, potion of madnessx2 with shrinkmeister. this is how you play wild. you're facing almost all aggro, put together a package like that which PW and AS simply cannot beat. take a core like that, and squeak in whatever win condition you want; devils advocate lets say you add sylvanas and nzoth. pack the rest of your deck for value and voila. You won't lose to a PW. Unfortunately aggro does not take up more than 50% of the wild meta as it's pretty damn varied, the second you steer towards that you're going to get wrecked by every reno mage and reno warlock on the wild grid which there are many. but by all means if you build a deck in a way like that there's no way a PW beats you without a nasty opening. ok they took down a t1 doomsayer, they can't beat a deck like that built to beat them if that's REALLY all you're facing (not even all just 55%, but it's not)

I could do that and then the great bliz matchmaking will put me against the few reno decks they exist in this rank. :D
And be sure that even with all these tech cards you are not safe against all the aggro.

cHinzo

I still don't believe there are actually more than 10 real viewers on Massan's stream. His Twitch says 5k, but u can sit for 10 minutes in the chat without needing to scroll through messages lol. ��

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I could do that and then the great bliz matchmaking will put me against the few reno decks they exist in this rank. :D
And be sure that even with all these tech cards you are not safe against all the aggro.

You aren't supposed to win any matchups 100% of the time.

scarlet

Wanted to play HS in my mobile, but the game is so big that I can't do it

That really killed the game for me

Indeed. 2.67 GB on my phone.

MSOG introduced the Priest class to Hearthstone, so it's only natural that players have to spend time reading the card text.

😂😂😂

I've actually never played priest until MSoG. Was considering to dust every priest cards, cuz I thought I'd never played them.

And now I play dragon priest most of the time.

DSmalls84

Haven't played a ton of ladder this season but hit rank 12 last night with VLPS control Warrior. I never played CW during its heyday, but it still seems like a solid deck. Tons of concedes from Pirate Warrior, and dropping Justicar was enough to make a few Reno Mages quit.

inky

Having thought it over, I think I need to amend my statement at the top of the page. I wouldn't mind that much if they phase out tools like Innervate provided they do it for all classes and it allows Standard to improve. That means cards like Fiery Winaxe and Fireball have to go at the same time.

If they start nerfing more classic cards like they butchered AoL or Blade Flurry for the sake of one rotation cycle (when they don't even bring anything interesting to the table) then it is time to bail.

Wanted to play HS in my mobile, but the game is so big that I can't do it

That really killed the game for me

The mobile version is a bloated mess. They should try to streamline it a bit so it runs better, but as it is it's just the PC version squashed into a tiny device. You can't even reduce the graphics settings.

cHinzo

Having thought it over, I think I need to amend my statement at the top of the page. I wouldn't mind that much if they phase out tools like Innervate provided they do it for all classes and it allows Standard to improve. That means cards like Fiery Winaxe and Fireball have to go at the same time.

If they start nerfing more classic cards like they butchered AoL or Blade Flurry for the sake of one rotation cycle (when they don't even bring anything interesting to the table) then it is time to bail.

They should put a lot more cards in the newer expansion then, since the classic cards will be very bland if they are nerfing a lot of em.

inky

They should put a lot more cards in the newer expansion then, since the classic cards will be very bland if they are nerfing a lot of em.

I think most everyone thinks they should be releasing more cards each year, but I also understand why it might be difficult to do so. They've committed to a particular schedule and they have stuck to a certain amount of cards per expansion, so I don't think that will change soon.

Blizzard seems to think there is a problem with Classic cards being so ubiquitous, which results in a large percentage of new cards going unused. I do think now that nerfing more classics is a terrible solution to that problem, but maybe with a new expansion, and once we all lack these ubiquitous cards in standard, more cards from each set will come into play, so players can feel that more cards in each expansion have value as opposed to the limited amount we see currently.

yeah the matchmaking in this game is so suspicious at times, i'd love to see someone play like 1000 games with the same deck teching a handful of cards back and forth from anti aggro to aggressive after each game and compare what he ended up facing more compared to the meta at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom