• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

well I had to run it in both my Dragon Priest and Reno Priest since I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't want to craft Twilight Guardian, but I would think very differently of a person who has a golden hero portrait... it is weird

I put off crafting those for months but I'm glad I finally did. Dragon Warrior and Priest are both solid decks. Was getting tired of Aggro Shaman and Zoolock so those are a nice change of pace.

Lyng

Tempo Mage is pretty versatile. I've beaten Pirate Warrior with Mirror Images, Reno decks with burn, and Aggro Shaman with Flamestrike. It does require godly draws and good RNG, but what deck doesn't?

Players who hang onto Ooze for Medivh are annoying though.

I ended up switching out Medivh. Way to often either people had ooze or I simply didnt have potent enough spells left for him to be good.

wiibomb

I put off crafting those for months but I'm glad I finally did. Dragon Warrior and Priest are both solid decks. Was getting tired of Aggro Shaman and Zoolock so those are a nice change of pace.

I think it was a mistake to not craft that back in august when I had my Dragon Warrior at its peak, now it is too late for me to do it, I have many decks to play anyway so I'll let that card rest and see if I need it someday on wild

I ended up switching out Medivh. Way to often either people had ooze or I simply didnt have potent enough spells left for him to be good.

I think ooze is now more used than ever before, with so many pirate warriors and pirate shamans it simply makes sense to tech in one in the deck

Aphexian

Maybe it's because I don't have a lot of class specific cards, but when I have a quest to play 30 Class cards I just kinda toss games away because I'm putting out any class specific cards as soon as they pop up to be more efficient per game.

Yeah I sometimes get too greedy waiting past turn 7 to play Medivh turn 8 for Flamestrike/Firelands goodness, only to get Oozed. I will probably replace him with Pyroblast.

I think ooze is now more used than ever before, with so many pirate warriors and pirate shamans it simply makes sense to tech in one in the deck

I even put Ooze in my own Pirate Warrior deck in case of mirror.

I'm mostly interested in playing Standard, but I'm also somewhat of a completionist... is buying the Blackrock solo adventure worth it before they make it unbuyable with real money?

fertygo

If Patches doesn't exist this will be my ideal meta, still my currently favorite because I started in secret pally craze, that followed by call of the wild shitfest and shaman domination

MSG introduced way too many overpowered cards.

Like, I'm already sick of Buccaneer, Patches, Drakonid Operative, Kazakus, etc. and it's barely been a month. Not to mention the ladder system blows ass and has seen absolutely no improvement over the entirety of Hearthstone's lifetime. This game is tedious and I'm at the point where I'm just over it.

Blizzard doesn't give a shit, why should I?

wiibomb

I vastly prefer this meta than the one before MSG, before this expansion the meta would totally shift towards one single deck, I remember on WOTG how it shifted towards a control warrior and it slowly shifted towards shaman to conclude in the absolute dominance of shaman.

now there is a nice variety of decks everywhere for almost every class, even with patches the pirate decks are very manageable with a good answer (often times being a taunt).

I can't complain about this meta at all.

pixelish

I vastly prefer this meta than the one before MSG, before this expansion the meta would totally shift towards one single deck, I remember on WOTG how it shifted towards a control warrior and it slowly shifted towards shaman to conclude in the absolute dominance of shaman.

now there is a nice variety of decks everywhere for almost every class, even with patches the pirate decks are very manageable with a good answer (often times being a taunt).

I can't complain about this meta at all.
rather have this meta than the obnoxiously rng-reliant meta thanks to wotg and karazhan

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Druid just innervated out a starfall to protect his thalnos on turn 3 against my doomsayer.

Freaking crazy.

Oh lord, he has Thalnos, Sylvanas and Ysera in his deck but is running double Yeti. What is going on.

And I lost. i am the literal worst.

He also had Keeper of the grove, BGH, Ragnaros, Cenarius, Nzoth, and Claw.

Seriously, I lost to that. I am bad at this game.

Druid just innervated out a starfall to protect his thalnos on turn 3 against my doomsayer.

Freaking crazy.

Oh lord, he has Thalnos, Sylvanas and Ysera in his deck but is running double Yeti. What is going on.

And I lost. i am the literal worst.

He also had Keeper of the grove, BGH, Ragnaros, Cenarius, Nzoth, and Claw.

Seriously, I lost to that. I am bad at this game.

Sometimes you kill doomsayer not to protect your board but to stop your opponent from getting initiative.

I generally always play decks that are anti - face. I was never a face hunter player when that was a thing nor aggro shaman. I finally gave into Face warrior today after constant beat downs. 7-0 so far after never piecing together 2 wins in a row for days. Something in this deck needs to be toned down.

fertygo

VPLS Control warrior is very decent to climb tbh

Reno deck is like only 20% of ladder, and this control warrior can beat anything else except jade druid that also no one playing it

wiibomb

Sometimes you kill doomsayer not to protect your board but to stop your opponent from getting initiative.

I did that actually, protecting some 1-2 mana minions can be a true difference in the end, the difficult part is to actually know when you can recover from the doomsayer or when you should definitely kill it before the opponents get the advantage

wow.. this is good.. could this be a result of the backfire of Ben Brode's comments on the classic and basic sets? or may be it is just them being more open now.

TBH I don't think I'll be happy unless they announce that they've decided to nerf additional cards out of spite at the ludicrous response they got. Hearthstone's vocal players are like the worst parts of WoW players and MTG players (two of the worst game communities of all time) combined.

TBH I don't think I'll be happy unless they announce that they've decided to nerf additional cards out of spite at the ludicrous response they got. Hearthstone's vocal players are like the worst parts of WoW players and MTG players (two of the worst game communities of all time) combined.

+1 mana to the top 50 most played cards in the game. Boom, new meta.

Dahbomb

Most people want a bunch of cards nerfed.

The response is more towards rotation of classic cards.

The response is more towards rotation of classic cards.

Which seems way beyond an unreasonable thing for people to complain about, especially without any details.

Based on what?

Based on looking at many places and finding it impossible to even find people reasonably discussing how the basic and classic sets could reasonably change or logically debating whether the ten-card rule-of-thumb is the best standard to aim for in between all the people posting incoherent screeds about how blizzard is just greedy for $$$. (And years as a wow player trained me to spot this sort of thing from a mile off.)

Based on looking at many places and finding it impossible to even find people reasonably discussing how the basic and classic sets could reasonably change or logically debating whether the ten-card rule-of-thumb is the best standard to aim for in between all the people posting incoherent screeds about how blizzard is just greedy for $$$. (And years as a wow player trained me to spot this sort of thing from a mile off.)

and that comes close to sending death threats because of delays?

Lyng

If Patches doesn't exist this will be my ideal meta, still my currently favorite because I started in secret pally craze, that followed by call of the wild shitfest and shaman domination

I played from beta and for me the worst meta was secret pally by far.

Shiver

As someone who has played since Naxx this meta is actually very refreshing. No secret paladin, no face hunter, basically no zoo or freeze mage (more or less).

MrDenny

So frustrating when opponent can clear your board multiple times.
Just played a warlock who got lucky and manage to clear my board completely 4 times. Feels bad man.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I've done like Over 100 arena runs and still only average about 3.5 wins. There's something I fundamentally don't get about either the mulligan, or how to play my turns. I got a wedlock deck that was insane with like 77 average tier score on heartharena and only got to 3 wins yesterday. On the same day I got kelthuzad, black knight, and Kazakus in the same deck and only got to 4 wins.

How do I get better at arena. Watching top streamers doesn't seem to help.

zoukka

I've done like Over 100 arena runs and still only average about 3.5 wins. There's something I fundamentally don't get about either the mulligan, or how to play my turns. I got a wedlock deck that was insane with like 77 average tier score on heartharena and only got to 3 wins yesterday. On the same day I got kelthuzad, black knight, and Kazakus in the same deck and only got to 4 wins.

There are some guides around. Kripp knows a lot of Arena and his opinion is that curving out is the single most important thing in arena.

scarlet

Curvestone at it best, having six 5 drops finally killed me.

From 3-0 to 3-3

Last 3 matches my opponents had more earlier drops than and it helps them a lot.

Got golden epic. Now I finally can craft patches lol.

edit: Anyone has great PW and Aggro shaman deck I can copy?

Lyng

Winning a match, with 30 hp left as priest against a legend secret pala player in wild, is a special kind of wonderful.
And he even had the perfect dr 6, dr 7, and at turn 10 dr 8

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah, a big chunk of the community are really really bad.
But it happens to all "big" games, so there's not much you can do.

Overwatch has one of the best post launch support i've ever seen and people keep complainin' all the time so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It saddens me to read stuff "More devs would like to talk but they dont want to get harassed" :(

cHinzo

Winning a match, with 30 hp left as priest against a legend secret pala player in wild, is a special kind of wonderful.
And he even had the perfect dr 6, dr 7, and at turn 10 dr 8

I always got rekt by Priests and those Patron Warriors back in the days where I played Secret Paladin. They both just have too many answers for it and a way better late game. Only times I won was when they couldn't play shit until turn 4. :d

scarlet

Playing aggro shaman feels more consistent than PW.

75% with aggro shaman and 50% with PW.

13th going 12th. My goal is to reach 10th. But I'm fine with 11-13th.

Patches is craaaay.

In this meta specifically pick warlock or paladin or priest.

In general: guarantee you have enough 2 drop and 4 drop minions. Value matters way less in the last 10 picks. If you don't have enough 2 drop minions you are most likely to go below 4-3. Arena games heavily depend on your curve. If you can play minons every turn from turn 2, you are basically good.

One last advice, because there are so many cards in arena, it has become more and more pointless to play around board clears, except for those in the latest expansion, eg. Volcanic potion, warlock 766 inferno.

pixelish

after a month of playing reno priest, i've finally achieved the raza + coldarra drake dream

managed to play coldarra and then follow up with confessor in the next turn. i don't think i have laughed this hard due to hearthstone during the two and a half years of me playing this game.

replay can be found here for those who are interested:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/WAyATxAidGsk3J5RvVNBRg

Gave up on Wild Pirate Warrior, that deck is not fun when losing. Now trying an Egg Druid style deck. Currently 5-2, but most importantly the losses were still interesting to play.

Gave up on Wild Pirate Warrior, that deck is not fun when losing. Now trying an Egg Druid style deck. Currently 5-2, but most importantly the losses were still interesting to play.

wild egg druid is sick, i've actually opted for a significantly lower curve on mine with double runic eggs, double grizzlies and only one def og argus (no sunfury) and only one soul of the forest, i think i like it more, easier to ensure you get value from jeeves which is the only way you can keep steam going if you don't win via a quick torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom